Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 59
Re: Paris France travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: May 12, 2017 20:37

Honestman
This pre-sale look like a total mess and mainly has been made for the money.

Main Offenders

First U Arena , on the main page they claim, register and you'll be warned as soon as the tickets will be available ! BS, today I'm still looking for their message, but I guess that pre-sale was not planned for this alert, anyway all wrong.
Then the App, how crappy this thing was yesterday.Quantity not available, kind of seat not available, then available and then again not the quantity in the end you got nothing.
Then FNAC, easy access (at least for me) but only for VIP packages that I hate because it's only made for money grabbing, but as it's probably the last time I will see the Stones, I 'd got 2 seats this way which I could have catch for half the price on the usual sales.

The good point goes to Ventes Privées, the surprise, where you can get each kind of seats except the Pit, at face value, if only I had seen it yesterday I had save some money, got 4 more seats this way today.

I feel indeed sorry for those who thought they get Pit seats, that's a real shame !

Same experience and feeling except that I didn't buy VIP packages on the Fnac website; yesterday during the whole afternoon I tried and tried and tried to get 2 seats on the U Arena and Ventes Privées, without success. Fortunately I gave up thinking to the public sales and the probable additional date.
Then this afternoon I tried again on Ventes Privées and get my 2 seats in the category I wanted at first try.
J'ai fait d'autres simulations et cela marchait après aussi.
Hier c'était vraiment "bouché".
J'attends aussi toujours le message du site d'Arena pour signaler les préventes... qui étaient prévues, quand je m'y étais inscrite, lundi 15 et non hier ! eye rolling smiley

Posted by: wachterc ()
Date: May 12, 2017 20:39

DREAMTIME
wachterc
gotdablouse
That wouldn't really make sense, I mean if they can sell NO FILTER PIT tickets in a few days time via a "priviledged private presale" what's stopping them from honoring today's sales? And naturally you can still buy the 750€ "VIP Packages with PIT" as I type this so it's not like the PIT is "full".

Can someone do a cut and paste of that full email ?

Here we are
"Madame, Monsieur,

Suite à une erreur technique, les places de la commande que vous avez effectuée le 12/05/2017 sur notre site billetterie.uarena.com n’ont pas pu être validées.
En effet, les places de la catégorie No Filter Pit sur le concert des Rolling Stones du dimanche 22 octobre 2017 ne sont pas disponibles à la réservation.
Votre commande ainsi que son paiement ont donc été annulés. Vous ne serez donc pas débité ni du montant ni des frais de la commande.

Pour effectuer une nouvelle réservation sur l’un des concerts des Rolling Stones à la U Arena, vous recevrez lundi 15 mai un lien d’accès privilégié à une pré-vente.

Nous sommes désolés pour cet incident et souhaitons vous présenter toutes nos excuses pour le désagrément subi.

Cordialement,

Dear Sir, Madam,

Further to a dysfunction, the tickets of your order of the 12th of may 2017 on the app/web site FAN had been not validate.
Seats on the categorize NO FILTER PIT on the show of the 22th of octobre 2017 are not available for reservation.
Your order and your paiement have been canceled. Nothing will be not debit your account.

To make a new reservation, you will receive a privileged link to a private pre sale.

We are sorry for the dysfunction and we apologise for the inconvenience.

Sincerely"

I agree, why should they sell us PIT tickets later? But I think I will complain, especially as obviously PIT tickets are still available via VIP packages. But most likely it won't change anything. Really, really disappointing...

if they let you have those tickets then it's like allowing you to jump the line ahead of set start time

I don't get it... they still have PIT tickets, we have bought via offical RS app, we are fans and we've been soooooo happy to see the Stones close. So what is your point?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 12, 2017 20:42

Best to ignore him, I've never seen him make a post that anyone here has understood, a regular even called him a scalper yesterday and he had nothing to say in his defense.

Thanks, broken English indeed, they really don't give a toss do they! How difficult is it to find a person in Paris that can string a sentence together in decent English ?!

I don't think there's any point in complaining to the Stones' management since they've sold a package to the promoters who are so desperate to break even that they're ready to toss unsuspecting fans under the bus for a few thousand euros (assuming they can sell these PIT tickets with the €528.5 markup of the VIP Package).

The French promoter is Interconcerts [www.interconcerts.net] - [corporama.com] - maybe they would have something to say about this?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-12 20:47 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 12, 2017 20:43

wachterc
"Madame, Monsieur,

Suite à une erreur technique, les places de la commande que vous avez effectuée le 12/05/2017 sur notre site billetterie.uarena.com n’ont pas pu être validées.
En effet, les places de la catégorie No Filter Pit sur le concert des Rolling Stones du dimanche 22 octobre 2017 ne sont pas disponibles à la réservation.
Votre commande ainsi que son paiement ont donc été annulés. Vous ne serez donc pas débité ni du montant ni des frais de la commande.

Pour effectuer une nouvelle réservation sur l’un des concerts des Rolling Stones à la U Arena, vous recevrez lundi 15 mai un lien d’accès privilégié à une pré-vente.

Nous sommes désolés pour cet incident et souhaitons vous présenter toutes nos excuses pour le désagrément subi.

Cordialement...

I agree, why should they sell us PIT tickets later? But I think I will complain, especially as obviously PIT tickets are still available via VIP packages. But most likely it won't change anything. Really, really disappointing...

HMN

Posted by: novica ()
Date: May 12, 2017 20:43

This is outrageous !!!
Shame for everyone in the chain....right to the Stones management.
After all, links for presale came from official Stones app. and official Stones site.

i'm trully sorry for all of our friends in this...

Posted by: HaroldJustin ()
Date: May 12, 2017 20:50

novica
This is outrageous !!!
Shame for everyone in the chain....right to the Stones management.
After all, links for presale came from official Stones app. and official Stones site.

i'm trully sorry for all of our friends in this...

Wow, these prices on themselves already sound ridicolous, but management like this is beyond ridicolous. These guys make fortunes on our money and still @#$%& up.

Does anybody have an indication for the prices when tickets get sold next wednesday?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-12 20:50 by HaroldJustin.

Date: May 12, 2017 20:59

The prices are known, yes :

Standing :
NO FILTER PIT : 221,5 (seems unlikely they'll be selling any based on today's shenanigans)
GOLD : 122,5
GA : 89,5

Seats:
GOLD : 331,5
CAT1 : 254,5
CAT2 : 161
CAT3 : 128

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 12, 2017 21:01

gotdablouse
That wouldn't really make sense, I mean if they can sell NO FILTER PIT tickets in a few days time via a "priviledged private presale" what's stopping them from honoring today's sales? And naturally you can still buy the 750€ "VIP Packages with PIT" from the FNAC with a €528,5 markup as I type this so it's not like the PIT is "full".

Can someone do a cut and paste of that full email ?

Yeah, but that's just it, you see - they don't say that "priviledged link" will lead to PiT availability. Just the possibilitie for "new reservations" (I'm reading that as: 'other' tix...)

But you're completely right; as long a there'e VIP-packages (including PiT tix, they should refrain from selling those and allow the tix to the people that rightfully bought them this morning.

All that said: if these 'technical problems' caused for a four-digit number of people "feeling lucky" today, then even these VIP-thingies won't cut it...

Posted by: thorgal34 ()
Date: May 12, 2017 21:12

Well,
I put the PIT ticket in the basket today, then I took fast loan from bank, then I paid for a ticket....now money's gone, ticket gone....damn :/
I don't need any link for private sale, I can't pay for another ticket.. I guess We won't get our money back before we recieve this "link".

Well, I always thought that France is Western Ciwilization, butmaybe I was wrong whole my life?

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: May 12, 2017 21:13

Can anyone tell me what time zone the Paris sales are under? Is it European, east coast or pacific?
Thanks

Or if it says the sale begins at 10 am is that 2am in California ? Confused

Date: May 12, 2017 21:19

It remind me what happened a few weeks ago in a US airplane. I don't remember which company, but they violently kicked a passenger out of the plane, because of overbooking.
Different story, same attitude.
They made a mistake and probably could solve it by decreasing the number of available packages. Instead of seating on their loss, they choose to punch customers in the face. Disgusting.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-12 21:25 by Jumpinjackflash59.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 12, 2017 21:23

gotdablouse

The French promoter is Interconcerts [www.interconcerts.net] - [corporama.com] - maybe they would have something to say about this?

Good idea! - they have the cards in hand...

But ther's no e-mail address(-es) on either of those sites...?

I'm writing; that's for sure. But I'd prefer it by e-mail (much easier for follow-up etc.)

Date: May 12, 2017 21:38

sarahunwin
Can anyone tell me what time zone the Paris sales are under? Is it European, east coast or pacific?
Thanks

There is a 9 hours gap between western europe (except Portugal and UK) and USA west coast. 10 am western Europe = 1 am California.

[www.the-calculator.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-12 21:39 by Jumpinjackflash59.

Posted by: jojora ()
Date: May 12, 2017 21:44

The presale times published are all CEST, that's UTC+2

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: May 12, 2017 21:45

gotdablouse
Best to ignore him, I've never seen him make a post that anyone here has understood, a regular even called him a scalper yesterday and he had nothing to say in his defense.

Thanks, broken English indeed, they really don't give a toss do they! How difficult is it to find a person in Paris that can string a sentence together in decent English ?!

I don't think there's any point in complaining to the Stones' management since they've sold a package to the promoters who are so desperate to break even that they're ready to toss unsuspecting fans under the bus for a few thousand euros (assuming they can sell these PIT tickets with the €528.5 markup of the VIP Package).

i no longer respond to insults from people i don't know or care about. the logic behind their action is simple and correct. if you tell people for example,
a race begins at 2pm and some people show up at 1pm and a broken starter gun goes off by mistake, do you still let those people keep their place?

Date: May 12, 2017 21:53

Jumpinjackflash59
sarahunwin
Thanks

There is a 9 hours gap between western europe (except Portugal and UK) and USA west coast. 10 am western Europe = 1 am California.

[www.the-calculator.com]

Thanks. So the general sale will be At 1am California time right?

Date: May 12, 2017 21:56

RoughJusticeOnYa
gotdablouse

Good idea! - they have the cards in hand...

But ther's no e-mail address(-es) on either of those sites...?

I'm writing; that's for sure. But I'd prefer it by e-mail (much easier for follow-up etc.)

Yep can't see an email but Google find a phone number.

RoughJusticeOnYa
Yeah, but that's just it, you see - they don't say that "priviledged link" will lead to PiT availability. Just the possibilitie for "new reservations" (I'm reading that as: 'other' tix...)

Right, in fact today's cancellations means they won't be selling any PIT tickets next week at face value if not they would have honored the sales.

What's strange is that they never intended to sell PIT tickets for the 19th (no specific line, which got many of us confused into buying GOLDEN CARRE seats) but did for the 22nd since there was a separate line.

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-12 21:57 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: May 12, 2017 21:57

Sorry to all those who bought the Pit tickets, without the high surcharge, then had them cancelled. Most businesses honor their mistakes, but not the concert business. It should be illegal to not honor promises - and maybe it is, but this is common with concerts. It's too hard to fight them.

This reminds me of Hyde Park, a few years ago, when the initial sale included "Gold Circle", exclusive front of stage tickets for the Stones. Then about two days later, they changed the layout, supposedly because Mick said the GA needed to have access to front of stage. That resulted in one of the longest IORR threads ever, with complaints and people trying to get them to honor their initial layout - the one that existed when they bought their Gold Circle tickets. That dragged on for a long time, and the actual arrangement of the different standing tiers kept changing. In the end, it wasn't too bad for those who purchased the Gold Circle tickets, but that final arrangement had not been clearly shown until everything was actually constructed. Some of the prior layouts looked so poor to me, that I cancelled my tickets - and didn't go to either Hyde Park concert. That left a very bad impression on me - kind of like what I imagine those, who bought the relatively inexpensive pit tickets, are feeling now.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 12, 2017 22:04

Would be curious to know if any OTHER types of tickets than the No Filter Pit ones were cancelled today.

No reports of that kind, right?

This means the presale links themselves were perfectly legit. They just made a mistake of adding the No Filter Pit in there as an available category.

Isn't that what they're essentially saying in the e-mail? The Pit was not (supposed to be!) available for purchase.

Nobody jumped the gun here.

Date: May 12, 2017 22:08

gotdablouse

Right, in fact today's cancellations means they won't be selling any PIT tickets next week at face value if not they would have honored the sales.

I tend to agree with you, especially if the no filter pit is really 400 people only, as somebody quote from a german site or newspaper in another thread.

Date: May 12, 2017 22:10

sarahunwin

Thanks. So the general sale will be At 1am California time right?

Yep!

Date: May 12, 2017 22:25

Topi

Nobody jumped the gun here.

You're right. Another version of the race story. The only official rule is that the race start at 7 am. You start on time, like everybody else, you win, get the gold medal, and a few minutes later a guy come and take back your medal because "you don't have the right shoes". Oh sorry we forgot to tell you about that, it's not written anywhere, but believe me this is the rule.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: May 12, 2017 22:31

IGTBA

This reminds me of Hyde Park, a few years ago, when the initial sale included "Gold Circle", exclusive front of stage tickets for the Stones. Then about two days later, they changed the layout, supposedly because Mick said the GA needed to have access to front of stage. That resulted in one of the longest IORR threads ever, with complaints and people trying to get them to honor their initial layout - the one that existed when they bought their Gold Circle tickets. That dragged on for a long time, and the actual arrangement of the different standing tiers kept changing. In the end, it wasn't too bad for those who purchased the Gold Circle tickets, but that final arrangement had not been clearly shown until everything was actually constructed. Some of the prior layouts looked so poor to me, that I cancelled my tickets - and didn't go to either Hyde Park concert. That left a very bad impression on me - kind of like what I imagine those, who bought the relatively inexpensive pit tickets, are feeling now.

Haha, yeah, good times!
I was really pissed off. I remember mailing the head of AEG (was it?) and he was decent enough to mail back. He knew they really made a mess of it. In the end everybody was happy though.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 13, 2017 00:57

DREAMTIME
gotdablouse

i no longer respond to insults from people i don't know or care about. the logic behind their action is simple and correct. if you tell people for example,
a race begins at 2pm and some people show up at 1pm and a broken starter gun goes off by mistake, do you still let those people keep their place?

What a fantastically stupid comparison

Nate

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: May 13, 2017 01:15

Gutted for everyone who, for a few hours, were deleriously happy at what seemed to be a genuine nod to true fans, the opportunity to be in the pit for affordable prices. A contract should be honoured, otherwise what's the point of entering into it. They made a "mistake", not those of you who bought the tickets. A new low in the ticket business.

Chriseganstar

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: May 13, 2017 02:05

Jumpinjackflash59
It remind me what happened a few weeks ago in a US airplane. I don't remember which company, but they violently kicked a passenger out of the plane, because of overbooking.
Different story, same attitude.
They made a mistake and probably could solve it by decreasing the number of available packages. Instead of seating on their loss, they choose to punch customers in the face. Disgusting.

Dream, dream, dream.....when I feel blue in the night.....

Date: May 13, 2017 06:17

Just bit the bullet and got my tickets for the two Paris shows!!!! Section 17 row 10 on Keith's side for the first and Pit for the second - whoo hoo - get to see my family in England too smiling smiley So stocked. Paid for the packages but now I don't have to stress and have tons of miles for my flights smiling smiley California dreaming - Plexi - are you planning to go to Paris?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 13, 2017 06:22

Definitely no starter gun going off by mistake - the Rolling Stones own website clearly states that the presale was supposed to last from Thursday 7 AM local to Friday 11:59 PM local.

Those were the rules of the race. I recall buying my No Filter Pit ticket yesterday (Friday) afternoon at about noon local.

Therefore I broke no rules.

All of us (un)lucky ones got our No Filter Pit tickets within that timeframe.

Problem is the venue/promoter/RS Inc/take your pick didn't really want us to get them without upselling them as a part of a VIP "package" or a "prestation"

Truth be told, I would have been perfectly satisfied with the Fosse OR ticket I had in my basket from Vente Privée. Too bad I lost it.

So far I haven't seen any evidence or any other types of Paris tickets having been cancelled than the regular, face value No Filter Pit ones. Those purchases have been honored, as they well should be.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-13 06:32 by Topi.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 13, 2017 08:42

We missed out on Golden circle because of a problem with checking out of web site, so will have a go at the general, but have been put off even trying for pit if this is likely to happen again.

Has anyone seen a plan of the Paris seating that shows an on stage pit ? The layout on the ticket site has what would be a traditional "diamond" pit type of layout which goes full width of floor.

This BS reminds me of trying to buy tickets for Vegas with AXS.....what a bunch of corrupt idiots. ............That's another story.

sc uk

Date: May 13, 2017 09:31

The problem is that the maps on FNAC website, Ticketmaster, and U Arena website are quiet different.

I wouldn't trust FNAC website and the large full width pit. As long as i remember, the french ticketing services (FNAC and now gone Ticketnet) have always been very very bad with seating charts.

Ticketmaster and U Arena site show a small pit center front stage, U Arena one beeing the smallest. With the gold pit all around. Looks more credible to me, and similar to other maps in Germany and Netherland.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-13 11:15 by Jumpinjackflash59.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 59

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1619
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home