Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10
Re: Stockholm Sweden travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Date: October 9, 2017 11:56

I am hearing that Sweden is almost a cashless society and everything can be paid for by credit card.....even to the extent that several places do not accept cash. Is this correct or should I get a pocketful of Krone? Advise from Swedish fans appreciated!

Re: Stockholm Sweden travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: October 9, 2017 12:11

Fillmore
In Copenhagen I did like the boxes in front of the venue, where people could leave their bags, jackets, …
Are there similar boxes around the Friends Arena? It´ll be colder than last week and I have a standing ticket for the concert. Woulnd´t wanna a carry around my stuff all evening long. Anybody knows?

Cheers, Fillmore
Id imagine the venue having a cloackroom of somekind.
Theres no way we are supposed to carry all our coats inside, or enter with only t-shirts. Its damn cold already.

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: October 9, 2017 12:28

Manofwealthandtaste
I am hearing that Sweden is almost a cashless society and everything can be paid for by credit card.....even to the extent that several places do not accept cash. Is this correct or should I get a pocketful of Krone? Advise from Swedish fans appreciated!

More or less true. You can use credit card everywhere, I can't come up with places that don't accept credit cards. Maybe if you want to buy something in a small store you have to use cash.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 9, 2017 12:33

Weather forecast for Thursday doesn't look too good at the moment. Wave that rain stick, Keith!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 9, 2017 12:33

Manofwealthandtaste

Hi Manofwealthandtaste (we've met btw - I am the Scot in the Hamburg IORR 10 Group we were both a part of thumbs up )

I've been to Stockholm for shows twice in recent years - The Stones on 14OF at the Tele2 and Paul McCartney at the same venue the following year. I used debit cards only both times. Everywhere accepts them - even all the hot dog stands at Metro stations. I drew no cash on both visits. I' had similar experiences in Oslo, Copenhagen & Helsinki. Scandinavia is very much ahead of the curve when it comes to universal debit & credit card acceptance.

That said, a handful of shrapnel for cloakroom tickets etc would do no harm.

Date: October 9, 2017 12:49

The Friends Arena website says that "system cameras" are not allowed. I interpret that as meaning a professional camera with detachable parts. Therefore, small pocket cameras should be fine. I'll probably ask the promoter just to make sure.

They also do have a bag check which opens at 3 PM.

[www.friendsarena.se] (sorry, so far that info page seems to be available only in Swedish)

Date: October 9, 2017 13:21

Many thanks Maclaurens and grzegorz67 for your replies.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: October 9, 2017 14:11

Topi
The Friends Arena website says that "system cameras" are not allowed. I interpret that as meaning a professional camera with detachable parts. Therefore, small pocket cameras should be fine. I'll probably ask the promoter just to make sure.

They also do have a bag check which opens at 3 PM.

[www.friendsarena.se] (sorry, so far that info page seems to be available only in Swedish)

According to the Swedish Wikipedia,"systemkamera" is "kamera med utbytbart objektiv", which means a camera with detachable lens. So yes, we should be fine with pocket cameras smiling smiley

[sv.wikipedia.org]

If I were you, I would not ask the promoter - their instruction is clear and it might only bring them to the idea of changing it. I will print out the instructions and if there is any problem at the entrance (which I am sure there will be not), I would show it to the security.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-09 14:14 by Happy24.

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: October 9, 2017 14:55

Uber question

I'll be traveling from the airport to Fotografiska for a full day abligation. After that I'll need to check into my hotel and then on the the Friends Arena.

Is this do-able per Uber?
Are Taxis affordable?
Is the Public transport well enough organised? or
Should I take a rental car?

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: October 9, 2017 16:07

Right now the best seating (on A) available again, so go shopping if you want great seats!

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: October 9, 2017 16:27

That means a camera like this is allowed... (25X digital zoom is like 25 to 625 mm lens)
Canon Powershot Ultrazoom

Date: October 9, 2017 16:52

Tekumseh
That means a camera like this is allowed... (25X digital zoom is like 25 to 625 mm lens)
Canon Powershot Ultrazoom

I can not speak for the promoter of course, but I am pretty sure you are fine with this one. I have a similar one myself and I will take it

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 9, 2017 17:03

Manofwealthandtaste

Use your credit card. You can use kronor but yes there are places who won't accept cash.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: October 9, 2017 17:25

Promoman2
Uber question

I'll be traveling from the airport to Fotografiska for a full day abligation. After that I'll need to check into my hotel and then on the the Friends Arena.

Is this do-able per Uber?
Are Taxis affordable?
Is the Public transport well enough organised? or
Should I take a rental car?

Taxi Arlanda Airport - Stockholm is up to 400 SEK with a reliable company.
But ask for the price first! Watch out for unreliable ones. Otherwise you'll pay way, way more...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 9, 2017 17:36

"This limited sticky T-shirt will be available only at the Shock signing session and of course, at The Rolling Stones gig!"

[www.instagram.com]

Date: October 9, 2017 18:29

Promoter said pocket cameras are OK.

Date: October 9, 2017 18:46

Topi
Promoter said pocket cameras are OK.

thumbs up

Date: October 9, 2017 18:59

Does anybody know whether there will be a seperate No Filter Pit entrance to the arena? I have never been there and from the pictures I assume that there are "gates" through which one enters some perimeter pavement around the arena and then there are entrances A, B, C.... My ticket only says "Gate 1," which I guess applies to all kinds of standing tickets, so I hope I won't have to queue with the whole GA sector. The arena webb page says that with standing ticket one can use both gate 1 and 2 no matter what is printed on the ticket, but I hope the NFP line will be somehow separated. Any idea how it will be?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-09 20:36 by Happy24.

Date: October 9, 2017 19:05

I was wondering about the same thing, Happy24. I guess we'll only find out on the day of. My NFP ticket also just says "Gate 1".

The email received today said you first enter the "Gates" and pass through security, and only then you go through the "entrance".

Probably not much help with the pit question but a map of the different "gates" and "entrances" can be found here:

[img2.anpdm.com]

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: October 9, 2017 20:24

Information from Friends Arena to all showgoers:

[www.friendsarena.se]

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: October 10, 2017 01:52

It says ''Arena roof open''

Thats interesting...

Date: October 10, 2017 07:57

rebelhipi
It says ''Arena roof open''

Thats interesting...

It says ''Arena roof: Closed'

That's logical... smiling smiley

[www.friendsarena.se]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-10 09:25 by Happy24.

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: October 10, 2017 08:47

Thank you very much tiffanyblu and rebelhipi for your research and answers. I´m afraid i´ll have to hang my winter jacket on a tree outside. I´ll be a bit late at the gate...

Christiano, the shirt is a grrrreat find, i want one. Small-tent-size, please smileys with beer.
See you all (if Air Berlin doesn´t choose to cancel inner european flights on thursday...)!

Cheers, Fillmore

Date: October 10, 2017 09:24

Fillmore
Thank you very much tiffanyblu and rebelhipi for your research and answers. I´m afraid i´ll have to hang my winter jacket on a tree outside. I´ll be a bit late at the gate...

Christiano, the shirt is a grrrreat find, i want one. Small-tent-size, please smileys with beer.
See you all (if Air Berlin doesn´t choose to cancel inner european flights on thursday...)!

Cheers, Fillmore

thumbs up

Date: October 10, 2017 09:45

Looks like it'll be a rainy day (10C/50F): Weather at Solna, Stockholm Sweden

I don't think the roof will be open like this: Satellite photo Friends Arena - Roof open

Date: October 10, 2017 09:50

Tekumseh
Looks like it'll be a rainy day (10C/50F): Weather at Solna, Stockholm Sweden

I don't think the roof will be open like this: Satellite photo Friends Arena - Roof open

Roof will be closed!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 10, 2017 10:05

The No Filter access usually goes with the floor access areas.

Bjornulf

Date: October 10, 2017 10:06

tiffanyblu
Roof will be closed!
Yep, it's an indoor tour, so of course it will be closed :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-10 10:15 by Tekumseh.

Date: October 10, 2017 10:07

bv
The No Filter access usually goes with the floor access areas.

seems like it since information have been sent out about that all standing areas will have access to the pre-party inside

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: October 10, 2017 11:35

When will they open the gates?

Got a mail in Swedish. As far as I can understand they open at 17. Right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-10 11:53 by MAF.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1776
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home