Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10
Re: Stockholm Sweden travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 31, 2017 16:58

There is also a regular commuter train that you can catch, you don't need to use the Arlanda Express.

syrel

Re: Stockholm Sweden travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 31, 2017 17:02

syrel
There is also a regular commuter train that you can catch, you don't need to use the Arlanda Express.

syrel

Thanks

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Parisrambler ()
Date: June 1, 2017 11:01

Anyone here, who needs a hotel room?
Have one single room i cannot cancel

Date 12th to 14th Oktober.
3340SK, Hotel central Stockholm

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: June 21, 2017 09:23

Great seats in good sections are available again.
Were they reserved for packages? Maybe poor selling of expensive packages?

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: June 30, 2017 12:47

Thommie
Great seats in good sections are available again.
Were they reserved for packages? Maybe poor selling of expensive packages?

Yep, right now you can get 10 connected seats on the best seatings in the whole arena, so time to shopsmiling smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 30, 2017 13:12

Part of it is packages not selling too well, part of it is just the usual bait and switch practice.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 30, 2017 20:13

Sektion 135 and Row 10....Perfect tickets for 1240:- Crowns = 124 Euro..spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

2 1 2 0

Date: August 1, 2017 00:41

I was planning to fly back to London the day after the Stockholm show but now I am thinking about maybe taking a train ride from Stockholm to somewhere else in Scandinavia and staying a day or two before flying back to London.
Does anyone have any experience or suggestions for great train rides from Stockholm?

Thanks

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: August 1, 2017 00:56

Nate
I was planning to fly back to London the day after the Stockholm show but now I am thinking about maybe taking a train ride from Stockholm to somewhere else in Scandinavia and staying a day or two before flying back to London.
Does anyone have any experience or suggestions for great train rides from Stockholm?

Thanks

Nate thumbs up

I took the overnight Stena ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki during the 1998 tour. Good times. Unless you are fixated on the (over-rated) train experience, I wouldn't waste your time and money. Just take a quick, cheap Norwegian Air flight from ARN to anywhere. One-way to HEL, e.g. is $38

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 1, 2017 02:06

Nate

Thanks

Nate thumbs up

During the Licks tour '03, I stayed in Stockholm to see the three Stones shows that week which was an amazing experience in an amazing city. From there I took the train over to Oslo, Norway to spend a few days. Then from there, I jumped back on the train down to Copenhagen, Denmark for another few days. The train rides were a large part of the entire experience for me, speeding through ancient forests, endless countrysides, quaint villages, and celebrating my 40th birthday in fine style.

While I loved both Oslo and Copenhagen, if I had to pick one over the other to visit after Stockholm due to time limitations, I'd probably go back to Copenhagen.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: August 9, 2017 11:46

Date: August 9, 2017 15:05

Hellacopters! Wonder if Sami Yaffa is on bass?

Date: August 25, 2017 23:41

No Filter Pit tickets available at this moment!
[www.ticketmaster.se]

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: August 26, 2017 00:51

Thommie
[www.ticketmaster.se]

Grrrrr. Got my främre staplats ticket too early...

Posted by: pospi ()
Date: August 26, 2017 10:21

THANKS FOT HINT! I just got my No Filter Pitsmiling smiley) The only Pit I was able to score for entire toursmiling smiley Now I just have to get rid of previous ticketswinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-26 10:29 by pospi.

Date: August 26, 2017 10:56

MAF
Thommie
[www.ticketmaster.se]

s
I was in the same situation as you. But when Ticketmaster released more pit tickets in general sale a couple of months ago, I called them up and asked if I could upgrade my Ståplats Främre till the more expensive pit tickets.
That was fine with them, they were very helpful. I purchased pit tickets during the call and gave them the order number. When they could see everything was okay, they cancelled my Främre Ståplats and put the money back on my credit card.

Date: August 26, 2017 12:32

The pit tickets are still available this morning

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: August 27, 2017 01:32

Thommie
MAF
Thommie
[www.ticketmaster.se]

s
I was in the same situation as you. But when Ticketmaster released more pit tickets in general sale a couple of months ago, I called them up and asked if I could upgrade my Ståplats Främre till the more expensive pit tickets.
That was fine with them, they were very helpful. I purchased pit tickets during the call and gave them the order number. When they could see everything was okay, they cancelled my Främre Ståplats and put the money back on my credit card.

Did you call ticketmaster.se? Did you get Staplats Feämre e-ticket or regular ticket? Did your upgrade work?

Date: August 27, 2017 02:19

MAF
Thommie
MAF
Thommie
[www.ticketmaster.se]

s

Did you call ticketmaster.se? Did you get Staplats Feämre e-ticket or regular ticket? Did your upgrade work?

Yes, I called Ticketmaster by phone. I changed my e-ticket Ståplats Främre to Pit tickets. Or: When the purchase of my new pit tickets got through and I could present an order number, Ticketmaster then cancelled my Främre Ståplats and payed back the money to my credit card.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: September 6, 2017 11:40

Photographer Edward Finnell will exhibit some of his great works in Stockholm, while the Stones are in town.
As part of a Getty Images anniversary, the exhibit will open on October 12th, and will run for two weeks.

Gallery Bokeh
Sturegatan 16

As a rock and roll loving teenager, Los Angeles was a fantastic city to grow up in!

I got to see and hear all my favourite bands and artists very often, and during many tours to California every so called act played various arenas, big and small, indoors or outdoors, well directed ones and totally improvised ones.
The Rolling Stones, The Who, David Bowie, Jethro Tull, Rod Stewart &The Faces, Paul McCartney and Wings to mention a few.

Early on I wanted to document these incredible musicians' magic stage performances in their elements live on stage,
and thanks to a generous friend and his darkroom, I learned the craftmanship of photography with the purpose to capture as many moments as possible.

The first concert that I shot photos of was The Rolling Stones' one June 11th 1972 at the LA Forum, and within a couple of years I had taken pictures of all the era's great acts;
Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin, George Harrison, T Rex and over and over again the Stones, the Who, the Faces and Bowie.

In the late 1970s, a childhood friend was responsible for the rehearsal rooms at classic Columbia Motion Pictures Studios in Hollywood,
and there I got to hear my idols rehearse, and was given the opportunity to meet them in person and show them my photos.
Very soon I was hired as a local concert photographer, and that led to shooting whole tours.

Since then, my pictures have been published world wide in musical magazines, tour programs, books, tv shows, and as so called liner notes on LP albums, CDs and DVDs/BDs.

In the autumn of 2014, my photos exclusivley illustrated the Rolling Stones' two new live albums From the Vault; 1975 LA Forum and 1981 Hampton Coliseum, and they were released as both vinyl, CD, DVD and Blu-ray.

My photos have been shown in US galleries, and now for the first time in Europe, and I'm very proud in the digital day and age to still only sell analogue original prints that I copy by hand in a darkroom from my original negatives and slides.

All my photos are taken with Nikon F and Nikon F2 cameras and Nikon lenses. I used Kodak Tri-x pan film for the black and whites and Kodak High Speed Ektachrome 400 ASA for the colour ones, and I still prefer these cameras and types of film!

Thanks for taking an interest in my work!
Edward Finnell

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-08 13:55 by erikjjf.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: September 11, 2017 09:38

They released more NF pit tickets last week and there are still tix available at this moment!

Posted by: karimamilena ()
Date: September 12, 2017 16:36

Thommie
MAF
Thommie
MAF
Thommie
[www.ticketmaster.se]

s

Yes, I called Ticketmaster by phone. I changed my e-ticket Ståplats Främre to Pit tickets. Or: When the purchase of my new pit tickets got through and I could present an order number, Ticketmaster then cancelled my Främre Ståplats and payed back the money to my credit card.

Thank you so much for mentioning this here! I was at the Hamburg Show in Silver Pit which was waaaayyyyy too far from stage for my taste. So, after reading your post I also called TM. They were indeed very friendly and helpful. They charged my credit Card while on the phone but only the difference (EUR 60). Then they canceled the old ticket and sent me the new e-ticket.

No Filter pit for me, whooohooo!!

Date: September 13, 2017 00:13

thumbs up

Date: September 13, 2017 01:56

Great customer service!

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: September 18, 2017 14:38

Thanks for the tip! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Called them today and I got a Pit ticket instead of my Ståplats Främre. They are indeed very helpful. Since I had a fanclub presale ticket I could not upgrade and pay just the difference. I had to place a new order, and then they cancelled my previous order and will refund the amount to my credit card.

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: September 20, 2017 14:50

If have a question concerning a more worldly topic (compared to the heavenly spheres of the No Filter Pit): beer seems to be more expensive in Sweden than it is in Germany or Austria. How much do they charge for a plastic cup full of beer at a stadium or arena show? As i wrote earlier: i enjoy the moment when guitars and beer kick in at the same time smiling bouncing smiley...

cheers, Fillmore

Date: September 21, 2017 15:29

No Filter Pit tickets available again in general sale!

And I think the Pit tickets in Stockholm are cheaper than anywhere else at the tour?:
2640 SEK / ca €277 / ca $330 / ca £249

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-21 15:32 by Thommie.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: September 21, 2017 22:50

Thommie
And I think the Pit tickets in Stockholm are cheaper than anywhere else at the tour?

Practilly, yes. Theoretically Paris pit is sold at 221€. Although very few managed to get it at this price. One could argue that the cheapest pit ticket was Hamburg with lucky dips smiling smiley

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 21, 2017 22:52

gwen
Thommie
And I think the Pit tickets in Stockholm are cheaper than anywhere else at the tour?

Practilly, yes. Theoretically Paris pit is sold at 221€. Although very few managed to get it at this price. One could argue that the cheapest pit ticket was Hamburg with lucky dips smiling smiley

And Amsterdam and Arnhem pits are for 235 Euro. But yes, Stockholm is one of the cheapest and easiest pits on this tour.

Date: September 22, 2017 00:11

gwen
Thommie

The Paris pit tickets were never sold for less than €750

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home