Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10
Re: Stockholm Sweden travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 18, 2017 18:42

MartinB
MAF
MartinB
Just got pit to Stockholm for approx. 380 GBP (Platinum package). Have been trying for several days and suddenly it appeared. Strange...
Where did you got it from?

ticketmaster

Platinum is not a package per se. It's just the ticket with a marked up price. No VIP perks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-18 18:43 by Topi.

Re: Stockholm Sweden travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: prohanse ()
Date: May 20, 2017 16:58

We got Vip ticets (Start me up) in no filter pit(on pre sale) to a high price and I see they bein sold on ticketmaster to a lower price. what is the differens

Posted by: TE ()
Date: May 20, 2017 17:56

prohanse
We got Vip ticets (Start me up) in no filter pit(on pre sale) to a high price and I see they bein sold on ticketmaster to a lower price. what is the differens

Nothing I guess. Just like the other ones, you got them when they were sold-out.
Don't think the VIP even have early entry in the pit. Some package have a Lito included.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: prohanse ()
Date: May 20, 2017 19:25

We got this tickets earley just after they was realeast for pre sale in tke RS APP the 11 of mai

Date: May 20, 2017 19:53

prohanse

I'd bet it just dynamic pricing. They haven't been selling the packages too well at the original price point so they lowered the price? The contents are the same.

Date: May 20, 2017 19:57

prohanse
We got this tickets earley just after they was realeast for pre sale in tke RS APP the 11 of mai

Yes, but if you bought the pit in the package, yes it is expensive, it is a shortcut to the pit, when sold out. Not much to do about it. Some get lucky with the regular price, some need to buy the Platinum/Package.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 21, 2017 10:57

Important to recognise that there are two different products being talked about here:
1) Start Me Up package is a specific item including a pit ticket, a lithograph and other merchandise. I can't remember if it includes early entry or not.
2) 'Platinum tickets' are just an ordinary ticket sold at a higher price (which changes according to demand). No merchandise and no early entry. But it is cheaper than the SMU package.

Also worth noting - even though TM have Platinum pit tickets listed, there are none available if you search for them. That could change in the future, of course.

syrel

Date: May 21, 2017 11:53

Pretty sure all VIP packages include Early Entry. I could be wrong.

And yes, Platinum tickets don't include anything extra, they're just marked up tickets.

Date: May 21, 2017 12:28

syrel
Important to recognise that there are two different products being talked about here:
1) Start Me Up package is a specific item including a pit ticket, a lithograph and other merchandise. I can't remember if it includes early entry or not.
2) 'Platinum tickets' are just an ordinary ticket sold at a higher price (which changes according to demand). No merchandise and no early entry. But it is cheaper than the SMU package.

Also worth noting - even though TM have Platinum pit tickets listed, there are none available if you search for them. That could change in the future, of course.

syrel

So true!

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: May 22, 2017 00:04

Just a few solitarily seats available in Stockholm. You can't find two seats besides each other anywhere.
But still Ståplats Främre (Golden Circle) available.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 24, 2017 16:19

Is the ticket also valid for public transport in Stockholm on the day of the show?

Date: May 24, 2017 22:03

Yes, public transport, taxi and by air!

Joking apart: does that exist anywhere? If you're lucky they open the gates to the subway when 60.000 are leaving the venue. Just because otherwise it's impossible to handle the situation.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: May 24, 2017 22:16

Thommie
Yes, public transport, taxi and by air!

Joking apart: does that exist anywhere? If you're lucky they open the gates to the subway when 60.000 are leaving the venue. Just because otherwise it's impossible to handle the situation.

Yes, in Germany they let you ride local trains for free on the day of the concert. In 2014 I even travelled from Dortmund to Dusseldorf for free as my concert ticket was also a train ticket. Normally it would cost around 25 EUR.
I think it would not work with e-tickets though

Date: May 24, 2017 23:12

Sounds great for a show goer! Even if I don't see why favor show goers specific in front of other travelers.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: May 31, 2017 13:00

No filter pit available!!

Ticketmaster.se

2640 kronen (approx 280 Euro!)

Now!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-31 14:13 by Stoneswolf.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: May 31, 2017 14:16

In contrast to Paris the PIT ticket could be downloaded after purchase. So at least this time my PIT ticket wasn't canceled.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-31 14:25 by Stoneswolf.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 31, 2017 14:20

Stoneswolf
In contrast to Paris the PIT ticket could be downloaded after purchase. So at near this time my PIT ticket wasn't canceled.

If Pit tickets are available after this time, it's a sure fire sign that the show is selling slowly. I have read numerous reports about this venue having poor concert acoustics, although I'm sure the sound will be fine in the pit. I just pulled up s Pit and thought about it but £240 GBP is just too much imho. I was in the pit at the Tele2 last time.

Date: May 31, 2017 15:30

Seating tickets have been sold out for one-and-a-half week. (just single seats still availabe).
But standing tickets seem to be less popular. The fans are getting older...

Date: May 31, 2017 15:43

Thommie
Seating tickets have been sold out for one-and-a-half week. (just single seats still availabe).

Even the seats up in the rafters? I doubt it! A short while ago, I was able to pull up 10 (yes, TEN) pit tickets in a single transaction!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 31, 2017 15:45

See you in the Stockholm pit.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: jacollini ()
Date: May 31, 2017 15:51

See you in the Pit, folks! smileys with beer

Date: May 31, 2017 15:52

Nate

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

So I take it you nabbed one Nate? I'm still half thinking about it as I have a good friend who works in Stockholm and he's been hinting at me visiting. But I've already booked a lot of leave for the other shows I'm attending - Hamburg, Barcelona and Paris 1 & 2.

Date: May 31, 2017 16:02

grzegorz67
Nate

So I take it you nabbed one Nate? I'm still half thinking about it as I have a good friend who works in Stockholm and he's been hinting at me visiting. But I've already booked a lot of leave for the other shows I'm attending - Hamburg, Barcelona and Paris 1 & 2.

Hi grzegorz yep I got one.I have never visited Sweden before so it will be good to see it and when the pit ticket came up I didn't think twice.

Good opportunity to get a pit ticket at standard pricing.

Nate thumbs up

Date: May 31, 2017 16:04

grzegorz67
Thommie

Even the seats up in the rafters? I doubt it! A short while ago, I was able to pull up 10 (yes, TEN) pit tickets in a single transaction!

A short while ago? You know, time flies!
I haven't seen pit tickets one single time and in general sale, even if I understand there must have been some sold that way.
But today they appeared (thank Stonewolf, God bless you, I upgraded my Främre Ståplats) but are already gone again.
Maybe there will be more released in general sale, maybe not. Probably the packages containing No Filter Pit tickets have not sold as well as they've wished.

Date: May 31, 2017 16:11

Am I right in thinking that the nearest airport to the venue is Stockholm Bromma?

Thanks

Nate thumbs up

Date: May 31, 2017 16:18

Nate
grzegorz67
Nate

Hi grzegorz yep I got one.I have never visited Sweden before so it will be good to see it and when the pit ticket came up I didn't think twice.

Good opportunity to get a pit ticket at standard pricing.

Nate thumbs up

A very rare opportunity ! I dithered for too long but I'm going to leave myself way short on leave if I go.

I've been to Stockholm twice in recent years. Cracking city with excellent public transport and other infrastructure. Locals invariably speak very good English.

It really doesn't matter what airport you use as all are very well connected by bus company Flygbussarna to the City Centre. Arlanda is the main airport and it has a train service, though very expensive.

Date: May 31, 2017 16:20

Nate
Am I right in thinking that the nearest airport to the venue is Stockholm Bromma?

Thanks

Nate thumbs up

Yes, you are. By far.

Date: May 31, 2017 16:32

I just checked and there are no direct flights to Bromma so I will fly to Arlanda.
How expensive is the train from the airport to the city centre is it worth just taking a cab?

Thanks

Nate thumbs up

Date: May 31, 2017 16:44

Nate
I just checked and there are no direct flights to Bromma so I will fly to Arlanda.
How expensive is the train from the airport to the city centre is it worth just taking a cab?

Thanks

Nate thumbs up

A cab will cost a mint - £50 +

Train is 308Sek return £28 (if you book 90 days in advance)

Bus 99sek each way - £9 ish and can be booked st short notice. Bus is remarkably good and drops you off right at the terminal building and city centre, right next to the Central Rail station that all the Metro lines pass through.

Date: May 31, 2017 16:56

Will probably take the train as I don't like buses and I will probably fly in on show day so will want the fastest connection.£28 not so bad and still cheaper than the rip off Heathrow express.

Thanks for the information

Nate thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1915
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home