Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 12 of 15
Re: Amsterdam The Netherlands travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: spunky ()
Date: September 25, 2017 10:59

Het tijdschema voor het concert van The Stones is bekend. We wensen iedereen alvast veel plezier bij de show!

17:00 uur – Deuren open
19:30 uur – De Staat
20:15 uur – Pauze / change over
20:45 uur – Rolling Stones
23:00 uur – Verwacht einde

Dit tijdschema is onder voorbehoud en hiervan kan worden afgeweken door de artiest. Houd mojo.nl/thestones in de gaten voor de laatste wijzigingen en het laatste nieuws.

Re: Amsterdam The Netherlands travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: September 25, 2017 11:11

Happy24
Hairball
PaintMonkeyManBlack
Worst venue of the tour. Hope there will be a miracle and acceptable sound

I was there in '03 and didn't think it was really that bad, but I must be in the minority as nearly everyone says the same thing - horrible sound.

It will surely be better than in 2003, recently they put a lot of accoustic stuff under the roof and behind the stage to lower the echo for each concert. I was there 2 months ago and the sound was very very good actually where I stood, which was right in front of the stage. I konw that people on the stands complained though. But I don't think it will be that bad anywhere in the house.

The last time I was in the Arena I was right in front of the stage, the sound was very good. But previous concert, when I wasn't in front of stage the sound was really bad. I don't know about changes to improve the sound in the stadium.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: September 25, 2017 11:40

rollingrichard
The sound is bad when you're way up high, or on the other side of the field.

I've seen the Stones several times in the Arena, low seated as FOS as well, and that wasn't too bad.

For me, its the whole deal : seeing some old time friends, having a beer, enjoying the atmosphere and of course seeing the Stones.

I have been listening to bad bootlegs all over the years, and still enjoyed them. If you want a perfect sound , I would advise a nice hifi set and SACDs from Japan, or something like that.

Its rock'n'roll, played live, not Pavarotti or Maria Callas.

Same here, hopefully see some people of this forum, having a few glasses of wine and seeing the stones since the first hyde park concert.

Really hoping Amsterdam will be like london for the atmosphere and nearly everybody wearing stones clothing.

Any good wine bars recommendations or a meet up?

Date: September 25, 2017 12:09

Would anybody know if the merchandise stalls will be accepting cash or just credit cards?

Posted by: grizzlybear ()
Date: September 25, 2017 12:31

Hi,

Any idea if the stadium will be covered ?
Rain is mostly probable in this season in Amsterdam.

Cheers,
grizzly

Date: September 25, 2017 12:34

grizzlybear
Hi,

Cheers,
grizzly

I have read on here that the roof will be on.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 25, 2017 13:28

odean73
grizzlybear
Hi,

Cheers,
grizzly

..."on" as in: closed?

And where did you read that? Here on IORR, you mean?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 25, 2017 13:56

RoughJusticeOnYa
odean73
grizzlybear
Hi,

Cheers,
grizzly

..."on" as in: closed?

And where did you read that? Here on IORR, you mean?

In my experience, most stadia with retractable roofs routinely close them for concerts. It's a way of not inflicting the noise on local residents who may not necessarily want to hear it! As well as beating off the rain.

The only exception I've seen was the Millenium (now Principality) Stadium in Cardiff. Closed for the Stones in 2006 and open for U2 in 2009.

Date: September 25, 2017 14:14

I am sure i read on here that from amsterdam the concerts will be under the roof.

I cant remember what section it came under, but i know its something i wouldn't forget.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: September 25, 2017 15:18

On this tour from Amsterdam onwards all venues will close the roof.

Nate

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 25, 2017 19:21

Plug for my book on RS fans:

If anyone hasn't read it, I will have little cards with me with a picture of the cover and info on where to find out more about it, if you ask me. I should be wearing my black Stones cowboy hat. Or just introduce yourself, would love to say hi. I plan to be there for our in-house cover band on Friday night, as well as coming over early for the show.

The title is You Get What You Need: Stories of Fans of the Rolling Stones. A number of IORR people were interviewed for the book. Thanks

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: mjol ()
Date: September 25, 2017 19:40

Does anyone have any detailed info on the seating plan for Amsterdam Arena? I'm in section 119, and I'm starting to get a bit worried that it might be too far on the side with the two middle screens of the stage a bit further back.. How are the seat numbers of the Arena defined - left to right for the section, continuous or? Thanks..

- mjOL

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: September 25, 2017 20:59

mjol
Does anyone have any detailed info on the seating plan for Amsterdam Arena? I'm in section 119, and I'm starting to get a bit worried that it might be too far on the side with the two middle screens of the stage a bit further back.. How are the seat numbers of the Arena defined - left to right for the section, continuous or? Thanks..

Seat #1 is closest to block 118. So you start from there.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 25, 2017 21:44

I have pit..so i am happy.
Jeroen

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 26, 2017 02:57

Has the Premium Standing area been behind the pit or to the right and left of the pit?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: September 26, 2017 04:31

I have a pre-paid apartment that I cannot use in the middle of Amsterdam -- great location.

It is reserved for 3 nights - the night before the show, the night of the show, and the night after the show.

Does anyone need an apartment? Please contact me at vchalcraft@yahoo.com or text my US cell: 1-312-391-5537

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 26, 2017 12:14

Info from Mojo about the venue and the show.
Mojo Amsterdam ArenA

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: RogerStones ()
Date: September 26, 2017 14:53

Gimme Shelter Package

Ingang Noord A
Vak 422

Row 3
Seat 185

339€

I can email them or arrange a personal pick-up in Amsterdam

Roger

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: September 26, 2017 16:29

mjol

Does this help?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-26 19:25 by Promoman2.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 26, 2017 18:52

No trains from uitgeest to alkmaar..@#$%& hell.gonna take 4 hours to get home after the gig.
Jeroen

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: September 26, 2017 20:26

At which curve do they built up the stage, zuid or noord?
Any pictures?

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 26, 2017 20:39

little queenie
I have a pre-paid apartment that I cannot use in the middle of Amsterdam -- great location.

It is reserved for 3 nights - the night before the show, the night of the show, and the night after the show.

Does anyone need an apartment? Please contact me at vchalcraft@yahoo.com or text my US cell: 1-312-391-5537

...I've sent you an e-mail, Little Queenie.

Posted by: mjol ()
Date: September 26, 2017 20:42

Promoman2
mjol

Does this help?

That's perfect! Thanks!

- mjOL

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 26, 2017 23:08

MAF
At which curve

Noord

Edit: [www.ticketmaster.nl]
Interactive map

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-26 23:30 by Rolling Hansie.

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: September 27, 2017 14:15

Spotted on the streets of Amsterdam today!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 27, 2017 15:40

Is premium standing area devided in 2?

Date: September 27, 2017 20:18

Harm

Anybody know please.

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: September 27, 2017 20:45

odean73
Harm

Anybody know please.

doesn't seem to be. Just check the pics at the Barcelona thread.

Posted by: Gerda ()
Date: September 27, 2017 21:14

For once in my Life I have Pit too, soooo happy! after I was stuck way back in Lucca (although it was great Italian fans are incredible! leaving for Amsterdam tomorrow. Only question: does it make sense to be there early? Is there any difference between Pit Tix and Premium Pit Tickets?

It´s Only Rock´n´Roll but Vienna likes it!

Date: September 27, 2017 21:16

Mack Jigger
Spotted on the streets of Amsterdam today!

The pit? winking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 12 of 15

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1768
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home