Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 15
Re: Amsterdam The Netherlands travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: August 15, 2017 16:25

keeffan
As the Amsterdam concety is sold out I am looking at Viagogo, stubhub etc. Seatwave have seats on sale, but most seem to be electronic tickets. I am a bit wary of these. Does anyone have experience with Seatwave and electronic tickets.
Thanks.
Cliff

Hi keeffan,

I should have an extra Lucky Dip ticket. If you want it.

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-17 11:05 by ChrisL.

Re: Amsterdam The Netherlands travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 15, 2017 16:35

Nate
There are a couple of documentaries on YouTube you should watch before considering buying from Viagogo they are not as reputable as they claim to be.
Just type in Viagogo documentary on YouTube and you will find them.
Last month I was in Zurich at the Aerosmith concert my friends got tickets but I didn't.I spent my time hanging around close to the box office watching the scalpers at work.People were going to the box office saying they had tickets to collect that they had purchased from Viagogo the woman at the box office kept directing them to one particular scalper who was working for Viagogo.About one hour passed and the scalper in question had two tickets left that he was trying to sell for €500 the pair way above face value and he would not shift on the price then two people arrived to this scalper and said we have two tickets to collect from you that we purchased on Viagogo and the scalper replied yes I have them here for you and claimed he had been waiting for them to arrive and collect the tickets which they did and they went into the concert no problem but what this scumbag forgot to tell the couple was that he had been trying to sell their tickets for a higher price than they paid and if he had succeeded then he would just simply tell the couple that there was no tickets for them and they would get a refund from Viagogo.
This company and others like them are disgusting in the way they conduct their business and personally I would never buy anything from any of them.
I would not panic buy if you don't have tickets then wait as more may go on sale from the official seller and then you also have other options like buying from other genuine fans who have spares.

Nate

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: August 15, 2017 17:13

Yes, I did.
Bought tickets for O2 London.
It turned out very well. No problems but I pay a lot of money for them.
Sold one also back.

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: thorgal34 ()
Date: August 16, 2017 13:50

Collector ticket to "PIT" has just arrived smiling smiley I can't even express how happy I am at the moment :-)

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 16, 2017 18:55

thorgal34
Collector ticket to "PIT" has just arrived smiling smiley I can't even express how happy I am at the moment :-)

Life has it's good parts, and next month is it.smiling smiley

Posted by: tomremi ()
Date: August 19, 2017 11:39

So where is everyone staying?
Which hotels can you recommend?

We have never been to amsterdam before, and we cant wait to go!

-TomR

Date: August 19, 2017 12:38

tomremi

-TomR

Depends how long you are staying for?
If you are staying just one night then you could consider staying at an airport hotel as it's only 15 minutes to the city centre on the train and the rates will be cheaper but if staying for a few days then I would recommend staying in the centre but it's not cheap.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 19, 2017 14:37

tomremi

-TomR

You can always try airbnb. You'll get something much cheaper than a hotel.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: August 19, 2017 20:01

Nate
tomremi

-TomR

If you are staying just one night then you could consider staying at an airport hotel as it's only 15 minutes to the city centre on the train and the rates will be cheaper but if staying for a few days then I would recommend staying in the centre but it's not cheap.

Nate

+1. Amsterdam is 90% full that night, according to Booking.com. The Schiphol area is a good alternative for drive-by visits, especially if you have an early flight the next day, though you have to factor in post-show train timetables. Airbnb is (always) good, but may fill up fast too. And some guy is charging $100+ to sleep on his couch.

Date: August 19, 2017 20:17

Trains from Amsterdam central station back to Schipol airport run 24/7

Nate thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-19 20:18 by Nate.

Posted by: tomremi ()
Date: August 20, 2017 09:04

We are coming from Norway mid-day on friday and leaving quite early on sunday, so yeah, not much time to enjoy the city.

Perhaps an airport hotel could work just fine if it's so close to citycenter!

-TomR

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: August 20, 2017 13:02

There are also direct trains (4 times an hour) from the airport to the Bijlmer Arena, which is just next to the venue.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: August 20, 2017 13:14

tomremi
We are coming from Norway mid-day on friday and leaving quite early on sunday, so yeah, not much time to enjoy the city.

Perhaps an airport hotel could work just fine if it's so close to citycenter!

-TomR

Plan your train /metro journey here [9292.nl]

The station for the Arena is Amsterdam Bijlmer Arena ( 5 min. Walk)

Posted by: keeffan ()
Date: August 21, 2017 01:19

Thanks to all who replied. Think I'll take Nate's advice and wait for a while and see if some more tickets are released.

Date: August 21, 2017 01:34

If you are on Facebook then you can go to the Rolling Stones Facebook page and then there are links to each concert where fans are trading plenty of tickets.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 21, 2017 20:32

My friend went to see U2 at this arena.

He was advised to buy some head phones outside the arena for around 10 Euros and was told it would cut out for the want of a better word ' stadium noise ', now I know this arena is not the best acoustics, but has anybody else done/heard of these so called head phones?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 21, 2017 21:20

If you are close to the stage,the sound is good.for the rest it is @#$%&.
Jeroen

Date: August 21, 2017 21:24

corriecas
Jeroen

Premium standing, will be that close enough?

Date: August 21, 2017 21:26

odean73
corriecas
Jeroen

Yes if you get in early I believe you can stand right at the front although not in the centre of the stage as obviously that is where the pit will be.

Nate

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: August 21, 2017 22:08

odean73
My friend went to see U2 at this arena.

He was advised to buy some head phones outside the arena for around 10 Euros and was told it would cut out for the want of a better word ' stadium noise ', now I know this arena is not the best acoustics, but has anybody else done/heard of these so called head phones?

I saw the two U2 shows there 3 weeks ago. I was very close to the stage and the sound was very good for a large arena. I know people on the stands complained aboud the sound though. But looking at the Youtube videos taken from the stands, I don't think the sound was that bad there either.

Date: August 21, 2017 22:14

odean73
corriecas
Jeroen

I mean about 1 to 6 metres from the stage. The sound will be good.farthér away it will get bad.hope everyone will enjoy.
Jeroen

Date: August 21, 2017 22:27

They are closing the roof for this concert maybe that will make a difference to the sound.

Nate

Date: August 21, 2017 22:36

Nate
They are closing the roof for this concert maybe that will make a difference to the sound.

Nate
Yeah Nate.it makes the sound even worse.with echos etc.have seen the Stones about 9 times in this arena and u2 twice.like i said get as close to the stage as you can and it will be good.
Jeroen

Date: August 21, 2017 23:08

corriecas
Nate

Nate
Yeah Nate.it makes the sound even worse.with echos etc.have seen the Stones about 9 times in this arena and u2 twice.like i said get as close to the stage as you can and it will be good.
Jeroen

I have premium standing ticket so will get as close as I can.

See you there thumbs up

Date: August 21, 2017 23:56

Nate
corriecas
Nate

Nate
Jeroen

I have premium standing ticket so will get as close as I can.

See you there thumbs up

Yup, will buy you a drink if i see you.
Jeroen

Date: August 22, 2017 00:06

Thanks for all the info.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: August 22, 2017 01:16

ChrisL
keeffan
As the Amsterdam concety is sold out I am looking at Viagogo, stubhub etc. Seatwave have seats on sale, but most seem to be electronic tickets. I am a bit wary of these. Does anyone have experience with Seatwave and electronic tickets.
Thanks.
Cliff

Hi keeffan,

Chris

Is it still available, Chris?

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: August 22, 2017 01:16

ChrisL
Hi keeffan,

Chris

Is it still available, Chris?

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: August 22, 2017 16:33

Nate
tomremi

-TomR

Nate thumbs up

I'm coming from Glasgow and booked in to the Courtyard Marriott Hotel, is that close to arena?

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: August 22, 2017 16:55

ROLLINGSTONE
I'm coming from Glasgow and booked in to the Courtyard Marriott Hotel, is that close to arena?

I think the best you can do is travel from Schiphol Airport to the Amsterdam Arena and back
by train. You can travel by taxi from the hotel to Schiphol Airport, or take a bus from
station "Hoofddorp Overbos" to the airport. I think it will take you about 20 minutes
bus ride to "Schiphol Airport" and then another 15 minutes by train to station "Amsterdam Bijlmer Arena".

Google maps has a great feature to plan your trip.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 15

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1998
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home