Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10
Re: Barcelona Spain travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 26, 2017 13:14

GAFF
Regarding merch...It will only be on show day and only inside the venue.

IS THAT CONFIRMED ? I was going to go down at lunch time tomorrow as I want about 5 of the shirts. Got nothing in Hamburg as it was utter bedlam getting back to the stands.

sc uk

Re: Barcelona Spain travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 26, 2017 13:29

straycatuk
GAFF

IS THAT CONFIRMED ? I was going to go down at lunch time tomorrow as I want about 5 of the shirts. Got nothing in Hamburg as it was utter bedlam getting back to the stands.

sc uk

There was nothing there yesterday.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: September 26, 2017 13:33

straycatuk
GAFF

sc uk

Yes, I got it straight from the guys unloading the truck. Sold inside the venue only, as well as after the show. Asked if they could sell me something off the truck but no dice.

Date: September 26, 2017 14:41

leteyer
Nate
Cristiano Radtke
Vote song is up on RS app.

Rocks Off

All Down the Line

Bitch

Live With Me

So far I'm 5 out of 5 guessing correctly this time I will say All Down The Line

Nate

I think you will be right...I but sure do hope they do LWM better

They played "Rocks Off" the last time they were in Barcelona. Not the private show but the last public show in Barcelona.

Not that they take this into consideration any longer. "Let's Spend the Night Together" was repeated for the 3rd time in Italy in a span of less than 12 years.

"Bitch" is pretty rare in Spain. It was performed there in 1999 (Santiago de Compostela) but not many other times in Spain.

Date: September 26, 2017 15:05

They should do Sister Morphine, since they omitted that one from the spanish version of Sticky Fingers. They can do the single track, Let It Rock while they're at it smiling smiley

Posted by: O2 ()
Date: September 26, 2017 15:08

Ronnie Wood yesterday night in Picasso Museo in Barcelona

[www.elperiodico.com]

Posted by: cool43 ()
Date: September 26, 2017 15:36

So it seems we will have a nice concert. Good weather, hot audience (hope so).
If they can play MR D. and bitch or Live with me, i wil be in heaven. I'm tired of let's spend the night together but i like the song.

Unfortnunatly we will arrive only at 1.30pm tomorrow in Barcelona.

"For lucky dip tickets i've just got email
Pick-up your tickets the day of the show at the Will Call window located at the box office of Estadi Olímpic de Barcelona. (map attached)

The line forms starting at 15:30 pm – do not arrive early. Doors open at 17:30 pm.

Your photo ID, confirmation number, and the credit card used to make the purchase are required for pick-up. You will not be permitted to pick up your tickets without these three (3) items."

Enjoy your day before in Barcelona, the way from Placa Espana to the stadium is very nice, i did it last year.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: September 26, 2017 18:40

grzegorz67
35love
Nate
I have seen concerts at this venue before and they had buses running up and down the hill.Personally I think it's a nice walk even up the hill.

Nate

I love walking up hills, wish I was there!

I enjoyed the walk too but do bear in mind the wide age range of Stones fans. This band has been around a long time! Some Older fans have to cope with back pain, bad knees, hip replacements and more. I saw the mechanical stair and it was closed yesterday and foot traffic redirected up the winding hill. Hopefully that was just for the arts festival.

Last thursday I checked out the Olympic Stadium in Barcelona,rolling in by train to Station Sants, then metroline L3 till Station Parar-Lel and from there by metro to Montjuïc and then 8/10 minutes walk to the Stadium, have fun tomorrow at the concert

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 26, 2017 18:51

GAFF
straycatuk
GAFF

sc uk

Yes, I got it straight from the guys unloading the truck. Sold inside the venue only, as well as after the show. Asked if they could sell me something off the truck but no dice.

Thanks for the info. Looks like they want less sales.

Sc uk

Posted by: cool43 ()
Date: September 26, 2017 20:02

In the mail from ticketmaster i got a few days ago, there will be a special bus line
I copy paste here if some can't or does not want to walk up to the hill

Transportation to the venue A bus line will be set up that will take you from Plaza España, with the following stops:

- Stop 1: Access to the track
- Stop 2: Access to stands doors 3,4,5,6 and 7
- Stop 3: Access to stands doors 1 and 2

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: September 26, 2017 20:45

grzegorz67
gibsonman
On my way from Oslo now. Really looking forward to the show cool smiley

Are you queueing early for Pista A gibsonman? If the markings I saw on the floor are accurate then Pista A is literally half of the pitch with B a long way back.

I think we will be there some time before the doors open. May be 1 or 2 hours before. Have been walking around in the city today and the heat really got me. So I think I have to avoid waiting to long in the sun. What will you do?

Posted by: mgshorr ()
Date: September 26, 2017 21:07

Just went by the venue. Check out my photo below on Instagram. (Could not figure out how to post photo directly here)

Estadi Olimpic - Setup

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-26 21:14 by mgshorr.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 26, 2017 22:15

mgshorr

Just went by the venue. Check out my photo below on Instagram.

Estadi Olimpic - Setup

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-26 22:20 by Irix.

Date: September 26, 2017 23:39

I was up last night. A huge amount of progress since then. These stage building crew sure earn their corn!

Lucky Dippers, keep your fingers crossed. Last time I checked, the Pit was not sold out so some of you guys will be lucky. I'm in Pista A, hoping to be at the front. Maybe they'll let some of us in too - they did in Zurich.

Date: September 27, 2017 00:29

gibsonman
grzegorz67
gibsonman
On my way from Oslo now. Really looking forward to the show cool smiley

Are you queueing early for Pista A gibsonman? If the markings I saw on the floor are accurate then Pista A is literally half of the pitch with B a long way back.

I think we will be there some time before the doors open. May be 1 or 2 hours before. Have been walking around in the city today and the heat really got me. So I think I have to avoid waiting to long in the sun. What will you do?

As soon as I'm on my feet and fed. No realistically about noon. Expected temperature is 22C, which is reasonable. There will be an outer security perimeter from 4pm where they check IDs. Gates open at 5.30pm. It seems that those turning up early will wait in a holding pen between getting through the ID checks at the outer perimeter and the stadium doors opening.

That's my take on this anyway:

[view.email.ticketmaster.es]

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 27, 2017 03:37

Siesta City from you people in Barcelona (thanks for the stage pic tho!)

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: September 27, 2017 04:14

I spent the night stalking Stones in Barcelona-and encountered Ron Wood, Tim Reis and Darrel Jones. I didn't plan to stalk the Stones but came across their path and couldn't help myself from returning for a possible chance encounter. I was surprised to be successful and it was fun seeing them in their not very private off stage life.

I traveled to Barcelona from Chicago with my wife for a week of holiday and the Stones show. Yesterday we met old friends at their Barcelona hotel for dinner and drinks. We visited their hotel roof top and a live music bar in the basement. We got wind that the next night something was expected at that location. They were at this hotel entirely by coincidence.

My wife and I swung by again tonight not really believing Stones would be present but we became suspicious when we were told the basement music bar was reserved for a private event and the roof was closed. We stopped in the lobby for a drink and there was Sally Woods with two adults and the twins in high chairs. Although it was a public establishment and an open hotel lounge, I felt invasive, didn't want to disturb them and left.

We ordered drinks in a neighboring room and in comes Ronnie! He sits right by us and is soon met by the Sally and twins. He coo's and plays with them as a loving father would at their good night. My wife and I were 10 feet away and hardly anyone else was present. I tried to shrink into my couch not wanting to interfere with their moment. I am glad that private details like hotel names are not shared by fans on boards like this one.

Ronnie sits for about 45 minutes greeting and talking with family and friends that come and go. He wore a gray suit, no tie, and hightops. Another fan was present and approached Ronnie. Ronnie was very affable though body guard says no pics and shoos the fan away. A group of four 30 yr olds came in and are very surprised to be face to face with Ronnie. They are a Stones cover band from Argentina and Ronnie has fun with them for a moment. Hardly anyone else was present. Overall a private time for Woody and I never approach.

Woody does recognize that there are about 8 fans present including myself and the Argentina Stones-all tying to not be obtrusive. Ronnie came to our tables shaking hands and says good night, enjoy the show tomorrow etc. He must always be on, even in this small lobby setting, as fans must be ever present while on tour. He maintained his private conversation but was also very warm to us all the while having a good time and enjoying himself. A real pro. I never approached but I appreciated the good bye he offered.

I go to the bathroom and see a side elevator which I took to the private event downstairs. The main entrance and elevator was now well protected. Downstairs a group of musicians were doing a sound check, no guests and it's now 11pm. I took the same elevator up to the "closed" rooftop and am joined on the way up by Tim Ries and a few guests. I saw about 30 guests in attendance including Woody and Ries. No other Stones. They had Stones music playing at their event. Brown Sugar straight off Sticky Fingers when I paid attention.

About a half hour later I rejoined my wife in the lobby and Darrel Jones walks in-taking pictures of the hotel and the two people he was with. He is approached by the Argentina Stones and enjoys a moment shaking hands and I joined this time. My wife took a group picture of him and the Argentina Stones.

It was a fun night. After about three hours and a missed dinner we went to back our hotel. It's now after 1am and I'm looking forward to the show tomorrow (actually tonight) in Barcelona. And then on to Amsterdam.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 27, 2017 07:25

Great story 2120Joe, it must have been really nice. Enjoy the show tonight!

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 27, 2017 09:01

Still no Barcelona poster?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 27, 2017 10:38

Joe, wow, thank you for sharing your story. Ronnie is such a nice guy. Were the twins as cute in person as they are in photos? :-)

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: September 27, 2017 11:18

It's show day and Pit, top category seating and restricted lateral vision seating are all still available. No doubt there will be people with spares to sell outside the venue as usual.

[ttpc.ticketmaster.es]

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: September 27, 2017 11:27

Which hotel are you staying in Amsterdam, Joe lol

Nice to read.

I did stay in the same hotel at Manchester as the stones a good few years ago.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 27, 2017 12:06

This thread is now closed. For updates and comments please use the Barcelona live thread:

[iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1833
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home