Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 14
Re: Lucca Italy travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: atip ()
Date: August 1, 2017 16:31

Nate
atip
DeanGoodman
Four months until show time. I wouldn't stress just yet, unless you are flying Alitalia and they finally go out of business. There will be (tens of) thousands of people in the same situation. If the worst really does come to the worst - which it won't - it is only a 4-hour walk between Lucca and Pisa.

I didn't realize Alitalia is on the brink. They're my ticket from PSA to BCN. Hoping they don't go tits up until after the 25th. Worst case, we'll find another airline or rent a car. That's The Pope's airline. If he can't get divine intervention, who can?

Alitalia has been in financial difficulties for a long time but I wouldn't worry too much they will more than likely still be operating and if they don't then there are other inexpensive options to get from Pisa to Barcelona.
I believe that only Vueling airlines offer direct flights on that route but they don't fly it on Mondays also keep in mind that the Vueling flight gets into Barcelona late at 00.30 but I'm sure you will be fine with your current Alitalia booking.

Nate thumbs up

Thanks, Nate!

Posted by: markrs ()
Date: August 1, 2017 16:52

Anyone think there will be more general admission (or other) tickets come back on sale for this date?

It seems almost all the other Euro shows have had ticket drops since the original sales, but not Lucca.

Still hoping to go if possible!

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: August 2, 2017 06:12

marksinclair
Anyone think there will be more general admission (or other) tickets come back on sale for this date?

It seems almost all the other Euro shows have had ticket drops since the original sales, but not Lucca.

Still hoping to go if possible!

I've been watching and wondering the same thing, it would be pretty unusual if more tickets did not end up becoming available. I wish I had purchased my tickets before worrying about flights now!

Posted by: HaroldJustin ()
Date: August 5, 2017 18:01

Does anyone have tips/advise on where its best to book a hotel in the area, and how to get from the venue back to the hotel transport wise?

I've been looking at flight tickets and you can fly on Pisa, Florence. Or atleast they seem closest. I can also fly on Rome, but I think its 2 and half hours by public transport to get the lucca?

General idea's/suggestions are more than welcome.

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: August 5, 2017 18:14

I've been to Lucca 2 times ( I'm Dutch ) . It's half an hour from Pisa by train or by bus. From Pisa Airport there will be direct lines to Lucca. From Pisa Airport it is only 10 minutes to the Pisa trainstation, it is all very small. You are not at Singapore or Kuala Lumpur or Hongkong. But there are no big highways there, and it will be crowded.

I think most hotels will be sold out, or very expensive for these days. You can easily sleep outside, the weather will be fine...

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 5, 2017 18:28

The train fares to Lucca from both Pisa and Florence are really cheap and the trains are pretty frequent. The hotel prices in Lucca are crazy, though. It's much cheaper to rent a room or apartment via airbnb or similar. If you do that, then just make sure that the accommodation is located in Lucca itself and not in nearby countryside (unless you plan on having a car).

Posted by: HaroldJustin ()
Date: August 6, 2017 15:06

Well I rented a hotel in Pisa, like 15-20kms away from concert site. Not sure well have connections back, cause I do not have car rented. Does anyone know about transportation?

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: August 6, 2017 15:29

I would guess they will..I am attending the Spielberg show and the have buses lined up....And you will meet people at the show ask if they drove there and I am sure you will find a ride easy....And they will be more then happy to give you a lift..It always works....Going to be epic lot's of nice people still out there.M

Posted by: Rockon ()
Date: August 15, 2017 18:22

Long time fan , first time poster on the site. Got pit tickets for lucca and pick up at venue. Any info on when they will be available at the venue?

Multiple attempts at ticketone customer service are not helpful. Thanks!

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: August 17, 2017 15:43

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 19, 2017 21:49

Posted by: mjaggergirl ()
Date: August 19, 2017 22:47

I m picking up at venue too and also do not know the answer to this question

Date: August 19, 2017 23:06

Rockon
Long time fan , first time poster on the site. Got pit tickets for lucca and pick up at venue. Any info on when they will be available at the venue?

mjaggergirl

From the Lucca Summer Festival website:

NEI GIORNI DI CONCERTO:

"L'apertura delle casse per il ritiro delle prenotazioni è prevista per le ore 18.30 (c/o Summer Point, Piazza del Giglio ingresso S. Girolamo)."

On a rough translation:

ON THE DAY OF THE CONCERT ONLY:

Online tickets can be picked up from 6.30pm at Summer Festival Point Piazza del Giglio entry from S. Girolamo.
Please check website for show and admission times.
Infoline: +39 0584 46477

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: August 20, 2017 04:38

Well without resorting to Viagogo and the like , Beast and I Scored reserved Tribune seating after Pit Tickets immediately disappears . My stupidity , in a rush I somehow thought the cost reflected the quality of the seat . Now try as each of us may , we can't figure out what kind of view we are going to have , and some sights have an upper and lower tribune , the upper dubbed "superior" and even further away !! Googling for an image to give us an idea has not helped . Can anyone help us get an idea? Is there any foto anywhere of what we are in for , because at this point we're even discussing taking the painful bullet of a tickrtbis or viagogo pit ticket !confused smiley

Posted by: Rockon ()
Date: August 20, 2017 06:03

Thanks Christiano for translation of festival site.

Wish tickets could be picked up earlier than 630 PM but will keep checking the site as time gets closer.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: August 20, 2017 12:25

The ticket pick up info might or might not be applicable for the Stones concert.
So I'd rather not stick to it just yet.
It seems to me that it may only be applicable to smaller weekly concerts that they have.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 20, 2017 12:29

Cristiano Radtke
Rockon

mjaggergirl

From the Lucca Summer Festival website:

NEI GIORNI DI CONCERTO:

"L'apertura delle casse per il ritiro delle prenotazioni è prevista per le ore 18.30 (c/o Summer Point, Piazza del Giglio ingresso S. Girolamo)."

On a rough translation:

ON THE DAY OF THE CONCERT ONLY:

Online tickets can be picked up from 6.30pm at Summer Festival Point Piazza del Giglio entry from S. Girolamo.
Please check website for show and admission times.
Infoline: +39 0584 46477

Will this be for the Lucky Dip tickets?
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-20 12:30 by corriecas.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 21, 2017 11:27

Where can the Lucky Dip tickets get collected?
Jeroen

Date: August 21, 2017 19:26

An italian actress and director named Cristina Puccinelli is directing a documentary about the Stones concert in Lucca produced by ODU Movies.

[www.klub99.it]

Trailer:

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: August 22, 2017 18:34

Lucca is starting to get ready for The Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-22 18:35 by swaff.

Date: August 22, 2017 18:42

swaff
Lucca is starting to get ready for The Stones.

I couldn't see anything on it. Perhaps this video was posted on that website?

Iniziati i lavori per il concerto degli Stones

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: August 22, 2017 19:56

Where are they gonna put those 55.000 people? I calculated in google earth that the area with a view to the stage is about 20.000 - 25.000 sq.m. That would be 2 persons a square meter? I doubt it.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: August 22, 2017 20:04

skyhawk
Where are they gonna put those 55.000 people? I calculated in google earth that the area with a view to the stage is about 20.000 - 25.000 sq.m. That would be 2 persons a square meter? I doubt it.

Exactly my thoughts. I think that this is for something around 15000-20000 people.
They have to use a lot of space to place the production too.
Maybe that's why it was so hard to buy a ticket, small field.

Date: August 22, 2017 21:27

Below is some info about the venue that I posted on the tour thread. Maths is not my strong point... Do the sums work out the same?

According to some Italian descriptions of the venue in Lucca (which may not be typical of the other venues),the stage is 52m long and 24m deep. The walkway surrounding the pit is 27m x 19m and the capacity of the pit is 700.

There are apparently 110 seats in the tribune inferiore and 300 seats in the tribune superiore.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-22 21:34 by Beast.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 22, 2017 22:05

I wonder what "pedana" will look like. It was nearly as expensive as prato but is only a strip on the side. Maybe it is a standing grandstand?

Date: August 22, 2017 22:47

I'm guessing the same but then who knows.

Construction is due to start on 1 September, so maybe some photos will start appearing after that.

If you run the article available via the link below through Google Translate, it seems to say that prato A has a capacity of 3,500.

[www.luccaindiretta.it]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-22 23:11 by Beast.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: August 22, 2017 23:35

I was in Lucca a few days ago because I'm on vacation in Italy, and you can actually go up on the City Walls. Great view from up there. So I would say that those people are standing on the City Walls but I could be wrong. I did many photos from the location but I can't upload them unfortunately because the internet here is bad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-22 23:37 by StonedRambler.

Date: August 22, 2017 23:47

I was wondering about that. If I understand correctly, the site had to be protected as part of the deal, so maybe the walls will be covered by some kind of temporary structure that can accommodate some of the audience as well.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 22, 2017 23:57

Adams
skyhawk

Exactly my thoughts. I think that this is for something around 15000-20000 people.
They have to use a lot of space to place the production too.
Maybe that's why it was so hard to buy a ticket, small field.

I think so too. I really fancied this show but gave up on it as the tickets seemed to disappear immediately after going on sale. I wonder if they sold a lot of them locally through shops to ensure a largely local audience? This is shaping up to be the tour's 'special' smallish show as the Waldbuhne was in 2014.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: August 23, 2017 00:10

Beast
I was wondering about that. If I understand correctly, the site had to be protected as part of the deal, so maybe the walls will be covered by some kind of temporary structure that can accommodate some of the audience as well.
Would make sense. On the plan some posts above the white/blanko area would include the walls because the semicirle on the left is definitely part of the wall. So the prata areas have to be in front of the walls according to that plan. Also I have seen that there is a small moat in front of the wall, so that also has to get covered, maybe that's where the tribunes will be placed..
But then Tribuna Spalti Superiore must be on the wall as it is in the white area.
I wonder - if everything of the walls and grass gets covered, the atmosphere will be the same as with any other gig. Then the whole beauty of that special location is gone and they could have played in any other city.
Because some people wondered about the size. I would say the field covers 50.000 people..

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 14

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1484
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home