Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 14
Re: Lucca Italy travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: May 28, 2017 10:32

Lucca is the town I was born in and lived for twenty years, I want fans to have a great time.smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-28 10:56 by desertblues68.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 28, 2017 12:15

desertblues68
Lucca is the town I was born in and lived for twenty years, I want fans to have a great time.smileys with beer

Thanks

Nate thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 29, 2017 15:47

desertblues68

Thanks, my wife and me will stay for a week in Lucca, and will ENJOY Lucca AND THE STONES !!
Jeroen

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 29, 2017 19:40

Years ago (1970s) very often it was possible to just turn up at an open air show and get a ticket on the day - even for the big names.
I haven't been to an open air show for years so am wondering - as things have obviously changed so much with 'online and security', if anyone has any experience of just 'showing up' and if so........did you manage to get in alright?......(paying of course............thanks in advance for any insight/advice that might come this way....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-29 19:42 by EddieByword.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 29, 2017 20:29

EddieByword
Years ago (1970s) very often it was possible to just turn up at an open air show and get a ticket on the day - even for the big names.
I haven't been to an open air show for years so am wondering - as things have obviously changed so much with 'online and security', if anyone has any experience of just 'showing up' and if so........did you manage to get in alright?......(paying of course............thanks in advance for any insight/advice that might come this way....

Done it several times in the last 10-15 years and never failed, though there are obviously risks. The most important thing is prep.

1. Print a coloured detailed floor and seating plan of the venue.

2. Get a high res colour copy of a ticket from the internet - eBay etc. Then you will know what a real ticket looks like, minimising the chance of getting a dud.

3. If there is a lengthy time delay between tickets going on sale and show day, tickets always become available as people's plans change in the interim.

In a big venue with a large capacity there will likely be plenty of spares for that reason and they'll usually be glad to sell for face value and may even offer to take less.

4. A percentage of tickets are always hoovered up by touts and they usually make a killing. But if you are willing to play the brinkmanship game and let the clock run down, the touts get desperate to sell whatever they have left as they know that they are holding a document which will be worthless when the show's over. They get desperate to sell and take a loss instead of a total loss.

5. Check out the Ticket Trader Forum on this very site! Most tickets trade for face.

I'm travelling to Hamburg on this basis but I'd still rather have got my ticket in advance. I had a Silver Pit ticket in my basket but got a timeout. Grrrrr!!angry smiley

Date: May 29, 2017 20:37

Cheers grzegorz67, I wasn't expecting anything as comprehensive as that, thanks alot - fantastic...........

Funnily enough - in 1982 I had a spare ticket for Bristol - someone couldn't make it - It was £9 face - I let it go to a couple who only had one, half an hour before 'kickoff' for £6.

They were well pleased and I got something back .......thanks...........smileys with beer

Date: May 29, 2017 20:57

EddieByword
Cheers grzegorz67, I wasn't expecting anything as comprehensive as that, thanks alot - fantastic...........

Funnily enough - in 1982 I had a spare ticket for Bristol - someone couldn't make it - It was £9 face - I let it go to a couple who only had one, half an hour before 'kickoff' for £6.

They were well pleased and I got something back .......thanks...........smileys with beer

Ha - that would be the Ashton Gate gig. A work colleague was there. A different work colleague was at Roundhay Park, Leeds - the last night of the same tour when tickets were a whole £10.60, eliciting a fair few complaints grinning smiley

If only they knew....

Date: May 29, 2017 21:42

grzegorz67
EddieByword

Ha - that would be the Ashton Gate gig. A work colleague was there. A different work colleague was at Roundhay Park, Leeds - the last night of the same tour when tickets were a whole £10.60, eliciting a fair few complaints grinning smiley

If only they knew....
..........too right....eye popping smiley

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: June 1, 2017 02:27

stourbridgestones
Yes we do have 2 Lucky Dips tickets that you can gladly have for face value.
We can change the details with the ticket company (paid with paypal). we can also meet in lucca as we will be there from Friday.

Hi there do you know if these tickets are transferable ? I would definitely be interested.

Posted by: Shesarainbow ()
Date: June 1, 2017 03:25

Coming in from Texas, bought two tickets for Lucca, but have to stay in Pisa. Already stressed about getting to Lucca and then back to Pisa after the show. Happy to share a ride or pay for one, just don't know what my options might be. Any advice would be welcomed!

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: June 1, 2017 05:23

Four months until show time. I wouldn't stress just yet, unless you are flying Alitalia and they finally go out of business. There will be (tens of) thousands of people in the same situation. If the worst really does come to the worst - which it won't - it is only a 4-hour walk between Lucca and Pisa.

Date: June 1, 2017 11:56

Shesarainbow
Coming in from Texas, bought two tickets for Lucca, but have to stay in Pisa. Already stressed about getting to Lucca and then back to Pisa after the show. Happy to share a ride or pay for one, just don't know what my options might be. Any advice would be welcomed!

Just buy a cheap sleeping bag and sleep on the grass under the stars - not guranteed but I suspect the weather will be lovely...........

Date: June 1, 2017 18:45

DeanGoodman
Four months until show time. I wouldn't stress just yet, unless you are flying Alitalia and they finally go out of business. There will be (tens of) thousands of people in the same situation. If the worst really does come to the worst - which it won't - it is only a 4-hour walk between Lucca and Pisa.

I know you go to a lot of shows Dean....are you suggesting same "wait and see" approach for tickets? I am planning a trip to Italy from Canada regardless now...and have secured accommodation in Lucca area. Plan to go to show but am unsure of how long I should wait to procure a ticket.

Date: June 1, 2017 18:53

PaintitBlue

I know you go to a lot of shows Dean....are you suggesting same "wait and see" approach for tickets? I am planning a trip to Italy from Canada regardless now...and have secured accommodation in Lucca area. Plan to go to show but am unsure of how long I should wait to procure a ticket.

I thought you already had Lucca concert tickets. Or do you mean plane tickets?

Date: June 1, 2017 18:53

PaintitBlue

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: June 1, 2017 20:28

DeanGoodman

I suggest renting a car if you arrive at Pisa airport.
[www.pisa-airport.com]

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: June 1, 2017 22:55

Please rent a car or share a car with other fans. Do not walk or cycle between Lucca and other towns. Roads are narrow, very poorly lit and go through isolated areas. I hope that Lucca council re tarmac some of the roads as last time I was there (two months ago) they were full of potholes. smoking smiley

Date: June 1, 2017 23:15

DeanGoodman
PaintitBlue

No concert tickets...plan on booking plane this eve. Have accommodations booked in Lucca vicinity. Just unsure on when to pull trigger on concert ticks at a broker or will they release more....hard to say with this specific show.

Date: June 1, 2017 23:46

^ Kudos on the accommodation. You're ahead of the pack already. Generally speaking, plane tickets should be bought at the start of the week - though that may be an old wives' tale. Either way, it is a financial godsend booking flights for a fall tour than the usual summer tours.

I personally would hold off on buying Stones tickets, but it really depends on your level of comfort. (I'm a last-minute guy.) We might have a Desert Trip scenario where people buy tickets months in advance, then realize they don't have accommodation lined up or their plans change, and are forced to dump the tickets. Like you say, it is hard with this specific show.

Date: June 2, 2017 01:49

DeanGoodman
^ Kudos on the accommodation. You're ahead of the pack already. Generally speaking, plane tickets should be bought at the start of the week - though that may be an old wives' tale. Either way, it is a financial godsend booking flights for a fall tour than the usual summer tours.

I personally would hold off on buying Stones tickets, but it really depends on your level of comfort. (I'm a last-minute guy.) We might have a Desert Trip scenario where people buy tickets months in advance, then realize they don't have accommodation lined up or their plans change, and are forced to dump the tickets. Like you say, it is hard with this specific show.

There was a big last minute price collapse on Pit tickets for both DT shows IIRC. My only travel ticketless show this time is Hamburg and I'm hoping for a good late ticket. Even for strong selling shows, tickets always seem to turn up one way or the other.

Date: June 2, 2017 08:05

There is an airfare war brewing on the West Coast now that Norwegian has announced nonstop flights to Rome. United has some fares to Rome for about $580 from LAX and SFO, which could be beneficial for those pondering Lucca or considering using Rome as the starting point for other European cities. YMMV with the dates.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 2, 2017 15:09

Someone always has a ticket to sell.

Date: June 15, 2017 11:39

From reading on here it looks as if I cannot sell or get a refund for my 2 Lucky Dip ticket for the Lucca show, even though i will be in the general standing area.
Shame for them to be wasted..

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: June 15, 2017 11:47

stourbridgestones
From reading on here it looks as if I cannot sell or get a refund for my 2 Lucky Dip ticket for the Lucca show, even though i will be in the general standing area.

You can sell them, it's just that you have go in with the people you sell them to.
I get Lucky Dips sometimes even though I have a regular ticket. I usually give them to friends and we just all go in together and everyone has a ticket.

Date: June 15, 2017 12:14

ChrisL
stourbridgestones

You can sell them, it's just that you have go in with the people you sell them to.
I get Lucky Dips sometimes even though I have a regular ticket. I usually give them to friends and we just all go in together and everyone has a ticket.

So I get them from the desk, accompany the people to the LD spot and then go to my regular ticket place later? thanks

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: June 15, 2017 13:54

stourbridgestones
ChrisL
stourbridgestones

So I get them from the desk, accompany the people to the LD spot and then go to my regular ticket place later? thanks

You pick them up at a special LD spot (usually anyway), they give you the tickets and you go in. Once you're inside, you can go wherever you want.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: July 25, 2017 20:04

there will be a bus service from many Italian cities:
[www.eventinbus.com]

Posted by: oldrocker ()
Date: July 27, 2017 05:04

De Cervesia Pub
Via Michele Rosi, 20, Lucca LU, Italy open at 5PM THE GOODSHIP ROCKNROLL WELL THERE

Posted by: atip ()
Date: August 1, 2017 00:37

DeanGoodman

I didn't realize Alitalia is on the brink. They're my ticket from PSA to BCN. Hoping they don't go tits up until after the 25th. Worst case, we'll find another airline or rent a car. That's The Pope's airline. If he can't get divine intervention, who can?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 1, 2017 00:51

atip
DeanGoodman

I didn't realize Alitalia is on the brink. They're my ticket from PSA to BCN. Hoping they don't go tits up until after the 25th. Worst case, we'll find another airline or rent a car. That's The Pope's airline. If he can't get divine intervention, who can?

Alitalia has been in financial difficulties for a long time but I wouldn't worry too much they will more than likely still be operating and if they don't then there are other inexpensive options to get from Pisa to Barcelona.
I believe that only Vueling airlines offer direct flights on that route but they don't fly it on Mondays also keep in mind that the Vueling flight gets into Barcelona late at 00.30 but I'm sure you will be fine with your current Alitalia booking.

Nate thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-01 01:00 by Nate.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 14

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1977
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home