Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9
Re: Spielberg Austria travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: September 15, 2017 23:06

bernard90mike
I already was at the concert location along with some other fans.

The area looks surprisingly small from outside, hard to believe there will be some 100.000 people tomorrow. It has kind of an intimate feeling which is very fine although it sounds a bit weird talking of such a big event.

The whole area is very small, so I recommend to use public transport when there's the possibility.
Although it all seemed professionally organised I see no chance to avoid total traffic chaos...

Poor ticket sales. You will not see 100,000 people.

Re: Spielberg Austria travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 15, 2017 23:09

Well if tickets are not sold out why are all the transportation options sold out? Do they expect everyone driving in with a car? As far as I understand, there is no way to get from Graz - the 2nd largest city in Austria - in & out of the venue, without having a car...

Bjornulf

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 15, 2017 23:15

Die Zeit ist auf ihrer Seite: Am Samstag gastiert die dienstälteste Rockband vor 90.000 Menschen in der Steiermark. Gedanken zu einem Phänomen, das seit 55 Jahren die Massen bewegt

[mobil.derstandard.at]

90.000 IN SPIELBERG ERWARTET
Rolling Stones für Europa-Tournee in Hamburg gelandet
Die Rockband schlechthin und 90.000 Besucher: die Rolling Stones kommen. Von der Anreise mit dem eigenem Pkw wird dringend abgeraten. Nun ist die Band für den Tourstart in Hamburg angekommen.

[www.kleinezeitung.at]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-15 23:18 by powerage78.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: September 15, 2017 23:27

bv
Well if tickets are not sold out why are all the transportation options sold out? Do they expect everyone driving in with a car? As far as I understand, there is no way to get from Graz - the 2nd largest city in Austria - in & out of the venue, without having a car...

Trains from Graz to Judenburg or Knittelfeld leave every 30 minutes or so. The special transportation is in addition, but it's not the only option. From Judenburg or Knittelfeld you can take the shuttle bus which should take maybe 10-15 mins. (tickets on oeticket.com).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-15 23:30 by Lorenz.

Date: September 15, 2017 23:29

latvianinexile
bernard90mike

The area looks surprisingly small from outside, hard to believe there will be some 100.000 people tomorrow. It has kind of an intimate feeling which is very fine although it sounds a bit weird talking of such a big event.

The whole area is very small, so I recommend to use public transport when there's the possibility.
Although it all seemed professionally organised I see no chance to avoid total traffic chaos...

90.000 people are expected according to the promoter.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 15, 2017 23:30

Lorenz

From Jundenburg or Knittelfeld you can take the shuttle bus which should take maybe 10-15 mins. (tickets on oeticket.com).

More Infos also here: [www.BarracudaMusic.at] .

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: September 15, 2017 23:34

Irix
Lorenz

From Jundenburg or Knittelfeld you can take the shuttle bus which should take maybe 10-15 mins. (tickets on oeticket.com).

More Infos also here: [www.BarracudaMusic.at] .

Not allowed": "Fotokameras (außer „Pocket-Kameras“), Videokameras oder sonstige Ton- oder Bildaufnahmegeräte"
That means "pocket cameras" are allowed.

A paper wrote: Security checks will be at the gates to the waiting area.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: September 16, 2017 00:17

Lorenz
latvianinexile
bernard90mike

I've been watching the Oeticket map for weeks now. Tonight still all 7 ticket and price categories are available. You can buy 8 GA or 8 Pit tickets in one purchase. You can actually see that thousands of seats are not sold. You cant' see how many GA are available. It is clear that not many Pit tickets were sold in a field in the middle of nowhere. They still don't show all available seats. E.g. in Tribüne D row 22 is available, but row 24 is sold. Does not make sense. They are changing all the time what they offer as available seats. When the concert starts just look back at the stands.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: September 16, 2017 01:24

[www.meinbezirk.at]

Steirerschlössl is the place Stones will stay according to media. I suppose they will leave for Zurich on Sunday.

Date: September 16, 2017 05:15

latvianinexile
Lorenz
latvianinexile
bernard90mike

I've been watching the Oeticket map for weeks now. Tonight still all 7 ticket and price categories are available. You can buy 8 GA or 8 Pit tickets in one purchase. You can actually see that thousands of seats are not sold. You cant' see how many GA are available. It is clear that not many Pit tickets were sold in a field in the middle of nowhere. They still don't show all available seats. E.g. in Tribüne D row 22 is available, but row 24 is sold. Does not make sense. They are changing all the time what they offer as available seats. When the concert starts just look back at the stands.

This is exactly why the Stones invented Lucky Dips. Whatever seats are left unsold become lucky dips so if the expensive seats don't sell out, that is where the lucky dips go. If the cheap seats don't sell out, you end up with those. Last time I had Lucky Dips I ended up with tickets in the $450 range so it really was Lucky! Some people get Pit for the same reason, poor ticket sales.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 16, 2017 05:50

BitchKeepsBitchin
latvianinexile
Lorenz
latvianinexile
bernard90mike

This is exactly why the Stones invented Lucky Dips. Whatever seats are left unsold become lucky dips so if the expensive seats don't sell out, that is where the lucky dips go. If the cheap seats don't sell out, you end up with those. Last time I had Lucky Dips I ended up with tickets in the $450 range so it really was Lucky! Some people get Pit for the same reason, poor ticket sales.

Yet there's usually only a limited number of "Lucky" Dips during the initial sales, and once they are gone they don't add any more of them. If there's still hundreds (thousands?) of unsold seats in the days leading up to the concert, you might start seeing official price drops, but you won't see more of the bargain bin priced "Lucky" Dips becoming available.

Date: September 16, 2017 09:40

It's of course possible they sold less. These days almost everyone goes with the insurance package for a few euros where you can return the ticket again up to 1 week before the show if you want.

In any case, I'll be happy if it's less people and if they open up the FOS areas for standing tickets behind winking smiley

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: September 16, 2017 10:01

The Teutonic crowds are no longer overwhelmingly young. I don't think people want to pay a ton of money to be herded like cattle in a muddy field in the middle of nowhere to hear the same songs from 3 years ago, and then deal with the inevitable transport chaos afterwards. The weather is not helping either. We shall see tonight.

Posted by: Koschi ()
Date: September 16, 2017 10:05

they didn´t sell out the stadium in vienna in 2014

so how on earth would they sell almost the double amount of tickets in 2017?

if there are 70000 people today it would be a great success

they will say 90000 in the media - sounds great - but I don´t believe it

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: September 16, 2017 10:15

2 Reports from Austrian public broadcaster ORF2:

Stones in Spielberg: HD-Video , SD-Video (15-Sept-2017, 13:15, Mittag in Österreich) -- WeTransfer.

Stones in Spielberg: HD-Video , SD-Video (15-Sept-2017, 17:05, Aktuell in Österreich) -- WeTransfer.

Open the Video-links with VLC-Player.

Thank you very much IRIX for these reports.
If you find more ...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 16, 2017 10:41

I don't know why some people need to claim these shows are not sold out. So far during this tour, as well as many other tours, it has been packed venues. Just watch the pictures from Hamburg and Munich.

There is an interview with Dale "Opie" Skjerseth today in the papers, a good one. He says the capacity is 95,000 in Spielberg. He also says they did not want to play a stadium in Austria, due to logistics. So if they have sold 90,000 tickets out of 95,000 on the permit that is 90,000 happy fans rather than 50,000 at a stadium. I can't see the problem with that.

This location is very central for Croatia/Zagreb, North Italy, many parts of Austria, and the areas around, if you look at the map, and add 2-4 hours of train or car ride. Sure it is a hazzle to drive and queue.

It is better to queue for a day and see the Stones live once every 20 years, than to sit at home and complain about how expensive the tickets are and how they sound and how difficult it is to get there.

Sofa fans... They sit in their sofa and just complain. The Rolling Stones, our favorite band, are out there tonight live. Just get your ticket and take the pain of the travel. If I can do it from Norway - I spent 8 hours from home via Vienna just to get into Graz - then anyone can get to this show really.

Bjornulf

Date: September 16, 2017 10:51

I don´t complain

I will be there and have fun and I can´t wait for it

but attendance figures - I don´t believe them anymore

I was too often at concerts that were called Sold Out and there were a lot of empty seats

Date: September 16, 2017 10:57

but to say something positive:

i live about 1 h from Spielberg and we have beautiful sunshine now

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: September 16, 2017 11:08

bv
I don't know why some people need to claim these shows are not sold out. So far during this tour, as well as many other tours, it has been packed venues. Just watch the pictures from Hamburg and Munich.

There is an interview with Dale "Opie" Skjerseth today in the papers, a good one. He says the capacity is 95,000 in Spielberg. He also says they did not want to play a stadium in Austria, due to logistics. So if they have sold 90,000 tickets out of 95,000 on the permit that is 90,000 happy fans rather than 50,000 at a stadium. I can't see the problem with that.

This location is very central for Croatia/Zagreb, North Italy, many parts of Austria, and the areas around, if you look at the map, and add 2-4 hours of train or car ride. Sure it is a hazzle to drive and queue.

It is better to queue for a day and see the Stones live once every 20 years, than to sit at home and complain about how expensive the tickets are and how they sound and how difficult it is to get there.

Sofa fans... They sit in their sofa and just complain. The Rolling Stones, our favorite band, are out there tonight live. Just get your ticket and take the pain of the travel. If I can do it from Norway - I spent 8 hours from home via Vienna just to get into Graz - then anyone can get to this show really.
BV thanx a lot for your comment. I totally agree with you.

I'm staying in a small village just a few km apart from Spielberg and even there you meet Stones fans from all over Europe. I just talked to a couple from Germany who already were at the opening gig in Hamburg and are very excited to see them again coz they were so great a week ago!

And if it isn't sold out there's more space to freak out for those who are there!!!

Date: September 16, 2017 11:10

Btw, I have one extra ticket - a simple standing, GA. Does anyone need it?

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: September 16, 2017 11:17

Koschi

I'll be coming from Carinthia (2 hours away) and we're having heavy rain since yesterday's evening. The weather forecast is extremly bad - 8 to 15° only and a high probability for rain.

I still don't have tickets and I'm curious if I'll grab golden circle for less than 100 Euro - it worked in Vienna 2014 and as already reported there are still tickets for ALL categories so the scalpers will bleede...

Date: September 16, 2017 11:21

silkcut1978_
Koschi

I'll be coming from Carinthia (2 hours away) and we're having heavy rain since yesterday's evening. The weather forecast is extremly bad - 8 to 15° only and a high probability for rain.

I still don't have tickets and I'm curious if I'll grab golden circle for less than 100 Euro - it worked in Vienna 2014 and as already reported there are still tickets for ALL categories so the scalpers will bleede...

The weather forecast for Spielberg is not that bad. Should remain mostly dry today - but chilly.

Date: September 16, 2017 11:23

silkcut1978_
Koschi

Halt dir die Daumen - Good luck

I will pick up my lucky dips in the afternoon...

Date: September 16, 2017 11:32

Sorry for posting so often. GA Tickets are already selling for as low as €50 grinning smiley
[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: kait ()
Date: September 16, 2017 11:40

Koschi

may I ask you where you're from???

Date: September 16, 2017 11:43

kait
Koschi

Wiener Neustadt

Posted by: kait ()
Date: September 16, 2017 11:45

Koschi
kait
Koschi

Wiener Neustadt

thumbs up

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: September 16, 2017 11:53

Koschi

I'm 12 mins' drive, and it's completely overcast - very low cloud. Dry, for now. My bed is warm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-16 11:54 by DeanGoodman.

Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: September 16, 2017 12:09

Hey bv.. don´t let it get to you that much...

we´re running, and myself, what might sometimes be called a "setlist-whiner", I´m just fascinated by the way the boys mixed up their set - even if they stay with it and only change the one voted song--- what I´m taking out of the last few days is tht there is sth going on, and it´s not them doing a Vegas set by sticking with the 2014/15/16 setlists.

As it seems, I can only afford the Duesseldorf show, maybe Arnhem.

Lean back, relax, enjoy, and of course this is definetely one of the very last times we can even keep talking bull about em.

just...enjoy!!!

peace and luv

seb

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 16, 2017 12:40

bv

Thanks for the love!
We made it from DETROIT so quit bitching and enjoy the show!
Life is wonderful adventure and The Rolling Stones always make it sweeter.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home