Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 46
Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: September 7, 2017 15:37

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Also, the towers look like the Pisa one.

Already?

Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 7, 2017 15:38

RoughJusticeOnYa
Woohoo!! Feeling the excitement rising minute per minute;
so I wholeheartedly welcomed - embraced, even! - this "back to reality " check-up vid... smoking smiley
(To be honest: I laughed so hard my pants dropped. >grinning smiley< )
Enjoy!!

video: [www.youtube.com]
Alter - was ist los mit unserer Jugend...

Well, anyhow. I am sooo excited for Saturday. Finally I get to see Under my thumb live.

Date: September 7, 2017 15:41

The Worst.
I always suspected that the Silver pit area would be quite large, mainly because so many people seem to have tickets in that section. Not just here on IORR, but on the black market, ebay, social media etc. It seems to be many silver pit tickets around.

They'll make a lot of money for sure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-07 15:42 by 1962.

Posted by: blutsvente66 ()
Date: September 7, 2017 15:42

I Know I Know i dont wanted to complain.
But it wasnt posible to see the layout while booking anything.

Today bronze is silver, the small coffee is grande etc.
Thats the way it is. I made my deal with capitalism.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 7, 2017 15:47

I think all areas will be "flexible" to extract as much cash as possible. I can see the "cheaper" NF Pits been extended outwards to get a few extra thousands in.

It is what it is. I was never paying 800 Euros to stand in a park. Back of Silver Pit will have to do. One thing is I think the separate screens will work better from further back.

sc uk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-07 15:48 by straycatuk.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 7, 2017 15:47

The Worst.
blutsvente66
Silver Pit seems to be far far away if this is the final fence. I am not amused Sir Jagger.
Fortunatly I only paid 150€ for the ticket.

Maybe it's far away, but still it is exactly in accordance with the layout first presented by the organizer (thinking of the fence being right in front of the two towers).

...Furthermore: ticket qualifications, prices, allocations, designated areas, etc. are NOT the work of Jagger & co. We should really STOP 'seeing' it like that.
It's the (local) concert organisor, the one that is allowed to hire the Stones, that does all that.

Plus the Stones, as a band, only indirectly influence the hight of ticket prices, due to their (agreed: quite astronomical) guaranteed fee. But that is, albeit a large one, only a part of the grand total cost - there's local production issues (f.i. the cost of ticket sales, local crew, local promo, etc.); on top of which you have to take into account the (rightful) desire of the (local) promoter to make a profit (too)... a much directer influence to the height of ticket prices.

In fact - and I know I'll get a lót of stick for this***... if anything, the Stones have a positive effect (for us, fans) on the ticket prices. By demanding a system of "Lucky Dip", f.i.; pleeding a maximum average ticket rate; a mimimu amount of minimum rate tix; a maximum % promoter's profit; and things like that.
(DISCLAIMER: I'm not - not at all! - aware of the details nor fine print between these concert organisations & "the Rolling Stones CO". I'm just making educated guesses; I've worked for 15 years in the int'l R'n'R bizz until recently. So I don't really know what the Stones situation is, but I know what is comon practice when booking A- & B'plus'-listers... If people have better and/or more elaborated intel: please share.)

*** don't bother: I'm getting my coat now... cYa in Hamburg!! smoking smiley

Date: September 7, 2017 16:01

bye bye johnny
Thanks, 1962.

[www.bild.de]

74!???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-07 16:02 by 1962.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 7, 2017 16:09

great shirt the security guy is wearing!! and yes, Mick is looking great!
jeroen

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 7, 2017 16:12

That "security guy" is choreographer Chucky Klapow.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 7, 2017 16:13

The weather forecast says cloudy but no rain. Perfect weather. And it starts to get dark at 8pm now so great for the light show.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: September 7, 2017 16:19

corriecas
great shirt the security guy is wearing!! and yes, Mick is looking great!
jeroen

Looks a bit like the new Elb Philharmony on the shirt...
Cool! But must likely no club show / warm up gig there...

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: September 7, 2017 16:20

Stoneswolf

Looks a bit like the new Elb Philharmony on the shirt...
Cool! But must likely no club show / warm up gig there...

Isn´t it one of the Australia ´14 shirts?

Date: September 7, 2017 16:21

bye bye johnny
That "security guy" is choreographer Chucky Klapow.

Well, Chucky is wearing a great Stones shirt, anyway. Wanna have it.
jeroen

Date: September 7, 2017 16:24

For @#$%& sake, getting so excited for this European Tour. cant wait !!
jeroen

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: September 7, 2017 16:35

Well someone is soundchecking...

Date: September 7, 2017 16:38

PLEASE NO SPOILERS, I WANT TO BE SUPRISED

Date: September 7, 2017 16:39

Fillmore
Isn´t it one of the Australia ´14 shirts?

Sydney.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: September 7, 2017 16:42

corriecas
jeroen

Yes, hasn't happened since the 60's?
I mean that a new tour starts in Europe (not counting the two UK shows 2012 and the UK tour 1971). Right?

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: September 7, 2017 16:45

corriecas
jeroen

Yes Yes Yes ! See you all there !!

Date: September 7, 2017 16:46

PaintMonkeyManBlack

These days that's almost impossible. Maybe the band realizes the same thing and will save any "surprises" for Saturday.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: September 7, 2017 16:50

StonesSmeth99
Well someone is soundchecking...

The Stones?!

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 7, 2017 16:52

RoughJusticeOnYa
Plus the Stones, as a band, only indirectly influence the hight of ticket prices, due to their (agreed: quite astronomical) guaranteed fee. But that is, albeit a large one, only a part of the grand total cost - there's local production issues (f.i. the cost of ticket sales, local crew, local promo, etc.); on top of which you have to take into account the (rightful) desire of the (local) promoter to make a profit (too)... a much directer influence to the height of ticket prices.

What is the math behind your educated guess? My understanding is that the Stones fee is $1MM per show per member; is that still the case? So let's say, just to use round numbers, that costs directly related to the band amount to $5,000,000 per show. In a 50,000 seat stadium that would mean you'd have to charge an average of $100 per ticket just to pay the Stones with everyone else working for free. So, if the average ticket price is $200, then your payments are allocated 50% to the Stones and 50% to everyone else (promoters, venue, everyone else.

Is this approximately correct, in your experience? I wonder what the "average" ticket price will be on this tour, when all deductions, Lucky Dips, etc. are taken into consideration?

Still seems unlikely to me that the Stones are NOT the primary driving force in the end-cost of the ticket to fans ...

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: September 7, 2017 16:57

Not the Stones - crew i think

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: September 7, 2017 16:58

StonesSmeth99
Not the Stones - crew i think

Okay, somaybe Stones later on ... I will get there soon smiling smiley

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: September 7, 2017 16:58

PaintMonkeyManBlack

Agree, its what make the opening nights soooooo specials!!!!! Arriving tomorrow afternoon, any meeting for night?

Date: September 7, 2017 17:01

1000 workers, working for more than a week. Let's say 7 days of work, 8 hours a day, 35% is working at the same time= 19.600 manhours x 50 euro wage an our (all in) = 980.000 just labour.

Then you also got the stage development, hire/buying materials and ofcourse transportation.

Also the promotor wants to earn money... High risk will only be taken with the right rewards, i think it would be 10%. Do not underestimate insurrance.. maybe 10% or more. And then the Stones themself ofcourse..

I'm pretty sure the Stones will make less money from this tour than the 2014 Europe tour.

Posted by: blutsvente66 ()
Date: September 7, 2017 17:05

Back to Stones and setlists. After 32 shows i saw:

32 times
Brown Sugar
Honky Tonk
Jumping Jack Flash
Start me up
Tumbling Dice
I think this song are surely in.

Plus the ones they played often but not everytime:
30 x Sympathy
29 x Its only RocknRoll
28 x Satisfaction
23 x Gimme Shelter
22 x Miss You
20 x You got me rocking
16 x Midnight Rambler
16 x Paint it Black

13 Song i expect.
So there is place for 7 songs that will surprise me.

I am getting more and more excited.

Date: September 7, 2017 17:13

blutsvente66
Back to Stones and setlists. After 32 shows i saw:

32 times
Brown Sugar
Honky Tonk
Jumping Jack Flash
Start me up
Tumbling Dice
I think this song are surely in.

Plus the ones they played often but not everytime:
30 x Sympathy
29 x Its only RocknRoll
28 x Satisfaction
23 x Gimme Shelter
22 x Miss You
20 x You got me rocking
16 x Midnight Rambler
16 x Paint it Black

13 Song i expect.
So there is place for 7 songs that will surprise me.

I am getting more and more excited.

Might be 6... And you forgot You Can't Always Get What You Want smiling smiley

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 7, 2017 17:17

The Worst.
I always suspected that the Silver pit area would be quite large, mainly because so many people seem to have tickets in that section. Not just here on IORR, but on the black market, ebay, social media etc. It seems to be many silver pit tickets around.

Well, there is some Silver pits in here. Me included.

Posted by: karimamilena ()
Date: September 7, 2017 17:21

schwonek

Well, there is some Silver pits in here. Me included.

Silver pit for me too. I am just wondering at what time to be there. Ideas?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 46

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1925
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home