Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 46
Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: TE ()
Date: September 5, 2017 13:12

The Worst.
I honestly don’t get all the fuzz about the pit being split into two halfs. As long as they complete and connect the pit with the main stage at the ends, you’re still being inside the pit – the only difference being there is a catwalk in the middle, meaning you’ll actually have a greater chance of seeing more of the band up close. The only downside I can think of is being on the Ronnie side if you’d planned to be on the Keith side. We’ll just have to wait and see how it turns out once the work is done. I for one think it’s really exciting that they have a brand new stage set for this tour. The one they used between 2014-16 was a bit boring IMO. I can’t wait to see the stage and show in full action on Saturday!

That's the downside, ending up at the wrong side...

TE
Oslo

Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 5, 2017 13:14

PaintMonkeyManBlack
And do we get free HVV with our tickets?

the concert ticket is usually the HVV ticket

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 5, 2017 13:20

straycatuk
They really have shafted and deceived the fans yet again and I keep coming back for more ! They knew the outrageous pricing structures we saw in Vegas wouldn't work in Europe so let's just go for straightforward deception.

It started with the panic buying of Silver pit which most people presumed would be surrounding the NO FILTER PIT (now diamond section by an other name) only to be confronted by the horror of front section floor seats which had never been mentioned prior to sale day.

We had to buy blind with no (correct) seating plan available until after initial selling. WE NEVER LEARN.

sc uk

A similar thing happened at Hyde Park in 2013 for the golden tier. On the day, the layout and various other promised facilities were not as described at the time of purchase, so I pursued AEG for a refund on the ground of misrepresentation, spoiled enjoyment etc. (I quoted the relevant UK law to them). They tried to brush me off, but I persisted and eventually they caved in and refunded my money because they knew that my arguments were legally sound and they were in the wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-05 13:21 by Beast.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 5, 2017 13:21

How exactly are they supposed to divide the NFP ticket holders into those supposed two halves? First come, first serve I guess.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 5, 2017 13:45

Beast
straycatuk
They really have shafted and deceived the fans yet again and I keep coming back for more ! They knew the outrageous pricing structures we saw in Vegas wouldn't work in Europe so let's just go for straightforward deception.

It started with the panic buying of Silver pit which most people presumed would be surrounding the NO FILTER PIT (now diamond section by an other name) only to be confronted by the horror of front section floor seats which had never been mentioned prior to sale day.

We had to buy blind with no (correct) seating plan available until after initial selling. WE NEVER LEARN.

sc uk[/quo

A similar thing happened at Hyde Park in 2013 for the golden tier. On the day, the layout and various other promised facilities were not as described at the time of purchase, so I pursued AEG for a refund on the ground of misrepresentation, spoiled enjoyment etc. (I quoted the relevant UK law to them). They tried to brush me off, but I persisted and eventually they caved in and refunded my money because they knew that my arguments were legally sound and they were in the wrong.

Yes, I remember that fiasco. I'm going through the normal process of compartmentalizing my fandom. I have to separate my hatred of greed from my love of Rock n Roll and open G !
I'll be OK by Saturday...............or drunk. (you know us eye rolling smiley) smileys with beer

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 5, 2017 13:55

Beast
straycatuk

sc uk

The organisation of those Hyde Park shows was an absolute shambles in many respects. Tickets weren't mailed out in time and security on the day were useless. Entering GA was a chaotic free for all and Front of Stage in GA was not sealed off once full.

Issues like that tend to happen at big shows rather than smaller ones. If there are late changes in Hamburg, we can only hope that it's well managed as they could have a lot of angry people to placate.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 5, 2017 14:00

PaintMonkeyManBlack

Yes, if it's stated on the Ticket (here: "Fahrkarte HVV"):

See also [www.FKPScorpio.com] , Section 'Anreise/Abreise':

"Die kostenfreie Nutzung des HVV (öffentlicher Nahverkehr, Hamburger Verkehrsverbund) ist bereits in Ihrem Konzertticket enthalten.* Bewahren Sie daher Ihr Ticket auch nach der Veranstaltung für etwaige Fahrausweiskontrollen auf. (* beinhaltet eine Hin- und Rückfahrt inklusive Schnellbus im Gesamtbereich des HVV am Veranstaltungstag bis Betriebsschluss.)"

"The free use of the HVV (Public Transport, Hamburg Transport Association) is already included in your concert ticket.* Therefore, please reserve your ticket even after the event for any ticket control. (* includes one journey there and back including Express-Bus in the entire area of the HVV on the day of the event until the operation closes.)"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-05 14:25 by Irix.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: September 5, 2017 14:09

I'm only wondering, is it transportation from/to the concert?
Or can I go to some museum in the city center in the morning and then go back to my location with this ticket as well?

In Berlin they would give a time frame for travel and only travel from/to concert was possible.
On the other hand with my Dussldorf ticket I was able to travel for free from Dortmund in the morning before the concert.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: September 5, 2017 14:10

PaintMonkeyManBlack
So where is the pre party?

And the after party?

Yes, that's also my question: Any news on pre and after show party?

Public transport, once again, yes it is included in your ticket.

The ticket includes free use of the public transport network in the whole Greater Hamburg Region for that day (and night).

Vide imprint Fahrkarte HVV below the NoFilter logo on your ticket.

Check the HVV public transport site for your travel itinerary please: [www.hvv.de]

Posted by: bauk77 ()
Date: September 5, 2017 14:22

the small stage at the end of the catwalk look far bigger than in the past, so i think they will play a small blues set there, just my opinion :-)

Date: September 5, 2017 14:25

Adams

I'm only wondering, is it transportation from/to the concert? Or can I go to some museum in the city center in the morning and then go back to my location with this ticket as well?

[www.FKPScorpio.com] says: "beinhaltet eine Hin- und Rückfahrt" - "includes one journey there and back". Which is normally only the journey to/from the concert itself.

The Ticket itself (see above) states the same: "Gültig am Veranstaltungstag für eine Fahrt zum Veranstaltungsort und zurück im Gesamtbereich ABCDE einschließlich Schnellbus" - "Valid on the day of the event for one journey to the venue and back in the whole area ABCDE including Express-Bus".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-05 15:20 by Irix.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: September 5, 2017 14:31

Adams
Or can I go to some museum in the city center in the morning and then go back to my location with this ticket as well?.

To be exact and correct. I checked telephonically with the HVV. Strictly it reads "one trip to the venue and back".

In practice it means free travel that whole day and night. If it happens any conductor, bus driver or other transport personnel asks you to produce your ticket, show him your Stones ticket with the HVV imprint on it. That'll be enough. You are, of course, on the way to or from the event.

If there is still the slightest doubt, show the ticket to the bus driver when mounting the bus, e.g.

d.f

Date: September 5, 2017 14:39

dead.flowers
Adams
Or can I go to some museum in the city center in the morning and then go back to my location with this ticket as well?.

To be exact and correct. I checked telephonically with the HVV. Strictly it reads "one trip to the venue and back".

In practice it means free travel that whole day and night. If it happens any conductor, bus driver or other transport personnel asks you to produce your ticket, show him your Stones ticket with the HVV imprint on it. That'll be enough. You are, of course, on the way to or from the event.

If there is still the slightest doubt, show the ticket to the bus driver when mounting the bus, e.g.

d.f

I certainly hope this is the case d.f

I'm going to lock up my luggage at the Hauptbahnhof in the morning (I'm staying in St Pauli), go to the show then return to the Hauptbahnhof to collect my luggage and straight to the airport for the 6.40am flight home. I could make 4,5 or even 6 journeys that day so I do hope the HVV pass is time based rather than 2 single journeys.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: September 5, 2017 14:59

Have the support group been announced?

It's my nephew's first stones concert and is really stoked up for it.

Have tried looking for support group, but can't see anything.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: September 5, 2017 15:02

Support's supposed to be announced "early this week". So if not today, this statement turns out to be unreliable as well.

But if a "pit" holds 10.000 people, early this week can easily mean Friday.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: September 5, 2017 15:06

Latest update pics about the stage?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-05 15:19 by 1962.

Date: September 5, 2017 15:25

odean73

Have the support group been announced?

Not yet ....

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 5, 2017 15:28

Beast
straycatuk

sc uk

I remember people agreeing at the show and here that the final layout turned out ok compared to what was feared at one point, the whole saga (and conclusion) can be found here : [www.iorr.org] - AEG had accepted to either give us a refund or downgrade our tickets from T1+VIP to T1, which was just fine, especially considering that T1 alone was impossible to come by on the day of the sale ;-)

It could be argued that the HP 2013 layouts were actually quite fair since standard GA could get access to the front (left side of the walkway) by showing up early (managed that for the second show) and T1 could get FOS too with T2 just behind. It's only happened a few times since, and that was in Europe in 2014 (Vienna I think).

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 5, 2017 17:08

Kalle Schwensen, famous and infamous red-light-district
boss, tells his "Stones in Hamburg 1973" story (in German):

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: September 5, 2017 17:41

Some new photos. The stage towers are white now (video screens?):

Radio Hamburg

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 5, 2017 17:43

REGARDING THE VIP-TICKETS

Lieber EVENTIM-Kunde,

in Kürze ist es soweit – The Rolling Stones kommen mit Ihrer „No Filter“-Tour am Samstag, den 9. September 2017 auf die Festwiese im Hamburger Stadtpark.

Im Folgenden finden Sie wichtige Informationen des Veranstalters zu Ihrem früheren Einlass und der Merchandise-Abholung. Bitte beachten Sie, dass die folgenden Check-In Zeiten und Details nur für die folgenden VIP-Pakete gelten:

Paint it Black – VIP Paket 5
Tumbling Dice – VIP Paket 6

Informationen zu Ihrem Early Entry Check-In & Merchandise-Abholung

Early Entry Check-In: Der Check-in für den frühzeitigen Einlass befindet sich am Haupteingang E1. Dort befinden sich mehrere große gelbe Fahnen und ein Schild, das auf den Early Entry hinweist. Im Anhang finden Sie einen Plan, auf dem die Early Entry Location verzeichnet ist.
Early Entry Öffnungszeiten: 11:00 Uhr – 13:30 Uhr
Bitte halten Sie Ihre Tickets bereit, bevor Sie beim Early Entry Check-In ankommen. Bitte halten Sie ebenso einen Lichtbildausweis und Ihre Bestellbestätigung bereit.
Bitte beachten Sie, dass Sie erst ins Stadion gelassen werden, nach dem der Check-In schließt. Sollten Sie nicht bis 13:30 Uhr beim Check-In ankommen, verlieren Sie den Anspruch auf frühzeitigen Einlass. Falls Sie später ankommen, können Sie das Stadion ab 14:00 Uhr durch alle öffentlichen Eingänge betreten und Ihr VIP-Merchandise vom entsprechenden Counter abholen, weitere Informationen dazu im Folgenden.

Merchandise Abholort: Der VIP-Merchandise-Stand befindet sich auf dem Konzertgelände auf der Wiese zwischen Eingang E1 und Stadion auf der rechten Zaunseite vor den Gastronomieständen. Der VIP-Merchandise-Stand wird vor Ort mit mehreren roten Fahnen gekennzeichnet und mit einem „Merchandise Collection“-Schild versehen sein. Im Anhang finden Sie einen Plan, auf dem der Stand eingezeichnet ist (T-Shirt-Symbol + VIP).
Merchandise Stand Öffnungszeiten: 14 Uhr bis 30 Minuten nach Showende der Rolling Stones.
Bitte holen Sie Ihr VIP-Merchandise am Showtag ab. Wir empfehlen Ihnen, Ihr VIP-Merchandise bereits vor der Show abzuholen. Eine nachträgliche Versendung findet nicht statt.

Allgemeine Informationen

Bitte beachten Sie folgende allgemeine Informationen für Ihre Anreise am Veranstaltungstag:

Der Konzertveranstalter FKP Scorpio und die Hamburger Polizei bitten alle Besucher um eine frühzeitige Anreise, um stressfrei und pünktlich zu Konzertbeginn auf dem Veranstaltungsgelände zu sein. Da es im Stadtpark und in dessen Umgebung keine Parkmöglichkeiten und zudem temporäre Straßensperrungen geben wird, wird eine Anreise mit öffentlichen Verkehrsmitteln oder dem Fahrrad dringend empfohlen. Im Konzertticket ist die Nutzung des HVV bereits enthalten. Es wird empfohlen, die Haltestellen Barmbek und Alsterdorf anzufahren und ebenso für die Abreise zu nutzen. Fahrradabstellplätze sind eingerichtet. Für alle allgemeinen Informationen besuchen Sie die Infoseite: www.fkpscorpio.com/de/stones-hamburg
Der Einlass erfolgt bereits ab 14:00 Uhr. Es wird zwei Eingänge geben, sowie einen separaten Eingang für Gäste mit Handicap. Es gilt ein striktes Taschen- und Rucksackverbot! Eine Liste der Gegenstände, die mit auf das Gelände genommen werden dürfen, wie auch solche, die dort verboten sind, www.fkpscorpio.com/de/stones-hamburg. Bitte halten Sie Ihr Ticket zum elektronischen Scannen am Einlass bereit.
Es wird auf dem gesamten Gelände ein großzügiges gastronomisches Angebot geben, welches zwischen 14:00 und 16:00 Uhr mit besonderen Speisen und rabattierten Getränken im Rahmen einer „Happy Hour“ die Wartezeit versüßt.

Für Rückfragen im Vorfeld steht Ihnen unser VIP-Serviceteam unter vip@eventim.de gern zur Verfügung.

Wir wünschen Ihnen ein unvergessliches Konzert!

Dein VIP-Kundenservice

------------------------------------------------------

Dear EVENTIM-customer,

only a few days! On Saturday, September 9, 2017 “The Rolling Stones” will be coming with their "No Filter" tour to the Festwiese in the Hamburg Stadtpark.

Below is a list of detailed information you’ll need to make sure your check-in process goes smoothly. Please note the following check-in procedures & program details only relate to the following VIP classifications:

Paint It Black Package
Tumbling Dice Package

MERCHANDISE COLLECTION DETAILS

Early Entry Check-In Location: Early Entry check-in will be at the main entrance (E1). Please see attached map for reference. Please note the check-in location will utilize several large YELLOW FLAGS and Early Entry Check-In signage.
Early Entry Check-In Opening hours: 11:00 AM – 1:30 PM
VERY IMPORTANT: Please make sure you have your tickets BEFORE you arrive at this check-in location. Tickets WILL NOT be distributed at this location under any circumstances. Photo identification and your purchase confirmation will also be required at check-in.
Guests will ONLY be permitted into the venue AFTER check-in closes. Failure to arrive by the time check-in closes will result in a forfeiture of early entry. If you do arrive after the check-in location closes, you can enter the venue through any available public entrance. You will also still be able to collect your VIP Merchandise from the Main Merchandise Collection location referenced directly below.

Merchandise Pickup Location: VIP Merchandise collection will be located on the lawn between Main Entrance (E1) and concert venue. It will be located on the right side in front of the food trucks. Please see attached map for reference (T-shirt symbol + VIP). The Merchandise Collection location will utilize several large RED FLAGS and Merchandise Collection signage.
Merchandise Opening hours: 2:00 PM until thirty (30) minutes after the show ends
We strongly recommend that you arrive early and collect your merchandise before the show. However, the VIP Merchandise Collection area will still remain open until thirty (30) minutes after The Rolling Stones performance ends. Merchandise must be collected the day of the show at the designated VIP Merchandise Collection location. Merchandise will not be shipped under any circumstances – you must pick it up at the show.

GENERAL INFORMATION

Below are some very general guidelines we’ve included to help you plan accordingly:

The promoter FKP Scorpio and the police of Hamburg plead all guests to arrive early, in order to get on site stress-free and on schedule. There will not be parking areas at the ‘Stadtpark’ and the surrounding area, moreover road closures will be built. Therefore the arrival by public transport or bike is strongly recommended. The concert ticket contains usage of the HVV public transport. We recommend using the stations Barmbek and Alsterdorf for arrival as well as for departure. A bike parking area will be arranged. For general event and venue information please visit: www.fkpscorpio.com/de/stones-hamburg
Doors are scheduled to open already at 2:00 PM. There are going to be two entrances and one additional for guests with handicaps. A strict policy for bags and backpacks will apply! On the website www.fkpscorpio.com/de/stones-hamburg you can also find a list of all items that can be taken on site, as well as the prohibited ones. Please have your ticket ready for electronic scanning when arriving at the entrance.
On site there will be a wide range of gastronomic offerings, sweetening the waiting period with special dishes and discounted drinks within the context of “Happy Hours” between 2:00 and 4:00 PM.

For any questions about your event please feel free to contact our VIP-team ([email protected]).

We wish you a great show!

Kind regards
VIP-team

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 5, 2017 17:48

To me this looks a lot like the stage a well known German band (please no discussion - I am NOT a fan) used some years ago

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-05 17:48 by hockenheim95.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: September 5, 2017 17:59

Is there any pre party or any local Stones band playing on Friday?

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: September 5, 2017 18:10

grzegorz67
Well it's not going to be warm anyway! I'll probably wear my fleecy jacket. 13C at night!

I'm STILL trying to get information from the promoters/organisers about Pocket Compact Cameras. I emailed them and also left a message on their Facebook Page. Several others are asking the same question. It would be harsh to ban them when Smartphones have such good cameras nowadays. Everywhere else allows them. We have some pretty good photographers on here, latvianinexile being one of the best and he'll be there for sure. We definitely know professional cameras aren't allowed and we expect that.

Compact camera's won't be a problem; I'm confident that I will get mine in...smiling smiley

Hendrik Mulder

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-05 18:17 by Hendrik.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 5, 2017 18:23

They have an happy hour from 2pm to 4 pm

[www.fkpscorpio.com]

Food for 5€

Beer for 3€ (0,5l) -> later it costs 5,50€

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-05 18:25 by hockenheim95.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 5, 2017 18:41

I specifically asked about Kleine Fotoapparaten / Small pocket cameras, they said those are not allowed.

[www.facebook.com]

Now I do have an older camera and I might just try to sneak it in. We will see. No big loss if they confiscate it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-05 18:49 by Topi.

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: September 5, 2017 18:43

Still no news about support act?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 5, 2017 18:55

Posted by: haukej ()
Date: September 5, 2017 18:58

Hendrik
grzegorz67
Well it's not going to be warm anyway! I'll probably wear my fleecy jacket. 13C at night!

I'm STILL trying to get information from the promoters/organisers about Pocket Compact Cameras. I emailed them and also left a message on their Facebook Page. Several others are asking the same question. It would be harsh to ban them when Smartphones have such good cameras nowadays. Everywhere else allows them. We have some pretty good photographers on here, latvianinexile being one of the best and he'll be there for sure. We definitely know professional cameras aren't allowed and we expect that.

Compact camera's won't be a problem; I'm confident that I will get mine in...smiling smiley

Hendrik Mulder

Sometimes I think cell phones should be banned and not small cameras. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-05 18:59 by haukej.

Date: September 5, 2017 18:58

MAF
Some new photos. The stage towers are white now (video screens?):

Radio Hamburg

With my very rusty schoolboy German, I can understand a lot of that. 750 employees working on the stage build - wow! Good to hear that the guy who fell is recovering in hospital.

That stage continues to intrigue. It's certainly completely different from any recent tour. 14OF, Zip Code and Ole were fundamentally the same stage bar a lick of paint.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 46

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1360
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home