Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 46
Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 4, 2017 23:29

TooTough
That´s a bummer. Filter Pit was supposed to be standing right before Charlie!

This is how it could (but should not be):

well, that does make sense

Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Date: September 4, 2017 23:32

skyhawk

My theory:
There most be some changes in the layout of Hamburg just to put as much 800Euro-payers into he pit and therefore the size of the pit is very flexibel. If they sell a 100 extra pit-tickets (which means 80.000 Euro's), it's their extra profit. And then they will enlarge the pit with those extra pitticketholders. If there are 500 more people (400.000 Euro) who buy pittickets, they will enlarge the pit with those extra 500 people.

well, I don't think they will sell too many tickets for 800 Euros. Thus they'll have to fill up the space with Lucky Dippers – and that's the only good news so far. (did I already mention the weather forecast?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-04 23:33 by slewan.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: September 4, 2017 23:35

I honestly don’t get all the fuzz about the pit being split into two halfs. As long as they complete and connect the pit with the main stage at the ends, you’re still being inside the pit – the only difference being there is a catwalk in the middle, meaning you’ll actually have a greater chance of seeing more of the band up close. The only downside I can think of is being on the Ronnie side if you’d planned to be on the Keith side. We’ll just have to wait and see how it turns out once the work is done. I for one think it’s really exciting that they have a brand new stage set for this tour. The one they used between 2014-16 was a bit boring IMO. I can’t wait to see the stage and show in full action on Saturday!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 4, 2017 23:36

If it turns out that the PIT is divided by a catwalk both the
ticket seller and the promoter gave out wrong pictures since
May. And that´s a rip off for the NFP-ticket owners.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: September 4, 2017 23:48

MAF
Stonesfan2146
bye bye johnny
Nice photo, Stonesfan2146. What's the source?

My drone winking smiley
Well done! And tomorrow an update please winking smiley

I hope I can manage to go there tomorrow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-04 23:49 by Stonesfan2146.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: September 4, 2017 23:50

Stonesfan2146
MAF
Stonesfan2146
bye bye johnny
Nice photo, Stonesfan2146. What's the source?

My drone winking smiley
Well done! And tomorrow an update please winking smiley

I hope I can manage to go there tomorrow.
Thanx a lot + good luck!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 4, 2017 23:51

slewan
skyhawk

My theory:
There most be some changes in the layout of Hamburg just to put as much 800Euro-payers into he pit and therefore the size of the pit is very flexibel. If they sell a 100 extra pit-tickets (which means 80.000 Euro's), it's their extra profit. And then they will enlarge the pit with those extra pitticketholders. If there are 500 more people (400.000 Euro) who buy pittickets, they will enlarge the pit with those extra 500 people.

well, I don't think they will sell too many tickets for 800 Euros. Thus they'll have to fill up the space with Lucky Dippers – and that's the only good news so far. (did I already mention the weather forecast?)

I think you're right that Lucky Dippers will fill the gaps but I'm hoping they might do something for us early queueing Silver Pitters grinning smiley

It will be very interesting to hear what the Lucky Dippers got after the show so do let us know how you get on! I think this will be a good night for LDs

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: September 5, 2017 00:08

grzegorz67
slewan
skyhawk

My theory:

I think you're right that Lucky Dippers will fill the gaps but I'm hoping they might do something for us early queueing Silver Pitters grinning smiley

It will be very interesting to hear what the Lucky Dippers got after the show so do let us know how you get on! I think this will be a good night for LDs
I have LD and I'll share my experiance.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 5, 2017 00:44

Well, that's how I guess it will be..

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-05 00:46 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 5, 2017 01:03

Stonesfan2146
video: [www.youtube.com]

Cut in 20 mins. Just for you grinning smiley ...

Awesome! Keep us posted. Well drone!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 5, 2017 01:08

StonedRambler

This would be awesome. I think they could even do this without creating a real pit. They simply have to put in a barrier at you orange line. You would have a lot of space in the back of the pit and you would be real close!!! The only disappointment would be for the poeple in the seats who thought that they would stand next to the "Pitwalk"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-05 01:11 by hockenheim95.

Date: September 5, 2017 01:25

hockenheim95
StonedRambler

This would be awesome. I think they could even do this without creating a real pit. They simply have to put in a barrier at you orange line. You would have a lot of space in the back of the pit and you would be real close!!! The only disappointment would be for the poeple in the seats who thought that they would stand next to the "Pitwalk"
Right, that would be a huge drawback for the people who bought the expensive seating next to the pitwalk. But I can't imagine something different because three catwalks would be a bit much.. I guess the size of the areas should be around the same as in the Eventim map, with the Pit being a bit bigger.
Would be interesting if it's the same for the other European shows..

Date: September 5, 2017 01:26

Stonesfan2146

Awesome, many thanks!

Date: September 5, 2017 01:35

StonedRambler
Stonesfan2146

Awesome, many thanks!

It's already unavailablesad smiley

Personally, I think you are being generous to the Silver Pit. I think it will be further back and also wider as the front floor seating goes out quite wide. I think th tribune seating will be a long way back from the stage, even the front side sections.

That front section holds 4,500 people. 4,500 people sitting on the floor and around the pit takes up a lot of space!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-05 01:39 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: September 5, 2017 01:36

Don't know if this has been posted. Accident on Monday morning: One worker fell down from six or eight meters, he is in hospital now.

Spiegel

Date: September 5, 2017 01:39

grzegorz67

Personally, I think you are being generous to the Silver Pit. I think it will be further back and also wider as the front floor seating goes out quite wide. I think th tribune seating will be a long way back from the stage, even the front side sections.
You might be right. Did it with Paint in two minutes so it's not too accurate winking smiley

Date: September 5, 2017 02:04

StonedRambler
grzegorz67

You might be right. Did it with Paint in two minutes so it's not too accurate winking smiley

It is only 11 rows of seats. from the "B-Stage" to the Silver Pit. That's not that much more than 10 meters.

Posted by: therollingmanu ()
Date: September 5, 2017 02:18

Hi everyone.

Forgive me if this has been asked before, are the Lucky Dip Tickets allocated on a first come first served basis, i.e., the better spots go to people who cue erarly or is the particular place where a certain holder of a LD will get placed already fixed before he goes to collect them?
Thank you!

Date: September 5, 2017 02:20

therollingmanu
Hi everyone.

Forgive me if this has been asked before, are the Lucky Dip Tickets allocated on a first come first served basis, i.e., the better spots go to people who cue erarly or is the particular place where a certain holder of a LD will get placed already fixed before he goes to collect them?
Thank you!

we discussed this here on the last two pages [iorr.org]

Date: September 5, 2017 02:21

hockenheim95
StonedRambler
grzegorz67

It is only 11 rows of seats. from the "B-Stage" to the Silver Pit. That's not that much more than 10 meters.

There will be walkways etc so likely to be a bit more.

Posted by: therollingmanu ()
Date: September 5, 2017 02:23

hockenheim95
therollingmanu
Hi everyone.

Thank you!

we discussed this here on the last two pages [iorr.org]

thank you.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: September 5, 2017 08:49

There will be bargains to be had on the scalping sites over the next few days.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 5, 2017 10:25

It's getting a little bit better: Weather forecast says at least no rain between 6pm and Midnight. But there's still some rain between noon and 6pm, also slightly rain before: [www.Wetteronline.de] .

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 5, 2017 10:56

On the Facebook page they expressly state: no cameras allowed.

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 5, 2017 11:48

Topi
On the Facebook page they expressly state: no cameras allowed.

[www.facebook.com]

I think the conditions are just the same as for all such cocerts, but the confusion is due to the translation.

On the official promoter's page FKP Scorpio - Rolling Stones - Hamburg it says:

"
Taschenregelung & verbotene Gegenstände
Verbotene Gegenstände
Professionelles Audio- & Videoequipment
Kameras und Kameraequipment
..."

Now, I am not German, so correct me if I am wrong, but I think thet German Kamera means primarly a video-camera. It also means a camera, but there are also other words for camera, like Fotoapparat. I bet that in this context it means a video camera.

It is normal, that in the conditions it says that professional cameras and video cameras of any kind are forbidden. If you look at the rest of the German list of forbidden items on the promoter's site, it is identical with any such list for any such event. No change.

I still can't see a single clue that would suggest that compact cameras would be a problem, except of that calls that some people made, talking to somebody who generally doesn't know anyting and all he wants is not to say anything wrong, so will naturall say "no" to anything.

Why would the first item on the promoter's list be "Professionelles Audio- & Videoequipment"

Also, there is a picture just under the list on the promoter's site, that says it more than clearly (again, absolutely standard list these days, nothing different from other concerts):

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-05 11:58 by Happy24.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: September 5, 2017 12:05

Hi Happy24!

Really much ado about a little camera. Such a camera is a small thing in the size of a cell phone. My personal feel is that nobody would object to someone bringing such a device with him.

The many phone calls made don't help at all.

Translation of "Professionelles Ton/Foto/Video-Equipment" reads "Professional Sound/Photo/Video Equpment". That's all.

But the German word "Kamera" means English "camera", not less and not more. The German word "Kamera" does not have any further inner or secret or hidden meaning. It has nothing to do with video as such.

With regard to photo shooting: A camera is a camera is a camera. In all languages.

d.f

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-05 12:08 by dead.flowers.

Date: September 5, 2017 12:19

there will be metal detectors at the gates. And "Kamera" in German means photo camera as well as film/video camera.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 5, 2017 12:31

that catwalk in the front looks as big as to resemble a b-stage...

ok let's freak out imagining a "blue and lonesome" set up front ther winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-05 12:38 by maumau.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 5, 2017 12:37

They really have shafted and deceived the fans yet again and I keep coming back for more ! They knew the outrageous pricing structures we saw in Vegas wouldn't work in Europe so let's just go for straightforward deception.

It started with the panic buying of Silver pit which most people presumed would be surrounding the NO FILTER PIT (now diamond section by an other name) only to be confronted by the horror of front section floor seats which had never been mentioned prior to sale day.

We had to buy blind with no (correct) seating plan available until after initial selling. WE NEVER LEARN.

sc uk

Date: September 5, 2017 13:10

So where is the pre party?

And the after party?

And do we get free HVV with our tickets?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 46

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1509
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home