Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 46
Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Date: September 4, 2017 18:12

If cellphone camera's are just as good, then just use the cellphone.

Or just enjoy the show.

Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: September 4, 2017 18:33

Happy24
latvianinexile
I called the promoter FKP Scorpio a minute ago. They won't allow any cameras inside. When I said mobile phones also have cameras, the guy on the phone said that's something different. So bring your your best cellphones smiling smiley

Cellphones today have cameras just as good as any compact camera, so "that's something different" comment makes no sense at all of course.

I remember that in the rules for the Waldbuhne concert in 2014 it also said that NO cameras were allowed. Somebody wrote them or called them, I don't remember exactly, and got exactly the same response. In reality there was no problem whith compat cameras of course.

If you call the promoter with such a question, you speek with somebody who is everything but in charge. He/she decides nothing and since saying "no" is always a safe choice, he/she will always tell you that.

Thank you grzegorz67. Happy24, I know what you mean about calling a promoter and talking so someone who doesn't have a clue. The FKP Scorpio office is not like Ticketmaster USA or something. That guy had been asked exactly the same question dozens of times. He was told to answer NO cameras. It was not the same in 2014. The Waldbühne show was well into the tour and cameras had been allowed in all over the world incl. Germany since it all began in 2012.

I don't agree that cellphone cameras are as good as compact cameras. You can make good pictures at daylight with a Samsung camera, but under critical lighting conditions you need at least a compact camera to shoot a fast moving Mick Jagger. If cellphones were as good, why are camera builders making cameras with larger lenses and sensors? Can you imagine a Panasonic, Sony or Canon camera with a lens the size of an iphone or Samsung lens?

Posted by: TE ()
Date: September 4, 2017 18:40

More handy to use a camera for a few shots.

As for support. Mambo Kurt! Bring him on! LOL!

TE
Oslo

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 4, 2017 18:45

Waldbühne was before the recent terror attacks… Now they seem to be quite nervous. I saw Bob Dylan in Hamburg in April and there were metal detetors at the entrances (only in Hamburg, not in Frankfurt, Stockholm, Oslo etc…). And Bob Dylan shows are at a much smaller scale.

Date: September 4, 2017 19:05

slewan
Waldbühne was before the recent terror attacks… Now they seem to be quite nervous. I saw Bob Dylan in Hamburg in April and there were metal detetors at the entrances (only in Hamburg, not in Frankfurt, Stockholm, Oslo etc…). And Bob Dylan shows are at a much smaller scale.

Dylan is always no no to cams. They do not search you, but go bananas if take a shot.

Pity if they ban a camera. Stones couldn't care less, unless some security.
Can't remember if there is anything about cams on the ticket.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 4, 2017 19:10

RS plastic clear rain poncho's w/ red tounge
For Sale $5-$20

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 4, 2017 19:13

35love
For Sale $5-$20

Unfortunately, I think ponchos will sell well for this show. Just got to make the best of it I suppose eye rolling smiley

Date: September 4, 2017 19:13

((sorry, I am excited))

Opening Shows--- wish a tix for the pit, what an adventure.
Like Dick Cavette when Mick said he weighed 10 kilos
"now to the library to see what that means"
How cold is it/ degrees?
Thanks.

Date: September 4, 2017 19:15

grzegorz67
35love
For Sale $5-$20

Unfortunately, I think ponchos will sell well for this show. Just got to make the best of it I suppose eye rolling smiley

Do they make these? I was thinking of a selling view at venue.
You're going to have a BLAST no matter the weather!

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: September 4, 2017 19:25

TE
slewan

Dylan is always no no to cams. They do not search you, but go bananas if take a shot.

TE
Oslo

Saw Dylan in Frankfurt. No Cameras, but not for security reasons. Even the press was not allowed to take pictures so they had old pics of him in the media thereafter.

Date: September 4, 2017 19:28

latvianinexile
TE
slewan

TE
Oslo

Saw Dylan in Frankfurt. No Cameras, but not for security reasons. Even the press was not allowed to take pictures so they had old pics of him in the media thereafter.

yeah, it always the same (but I don't mind). Still the security did a poor job, but there weren't unfriendly like in Hamburg (Hamburg secutity is always impolite and somehow rough)

Date: September 4, 2017 19:43

Will probably bring a cheap one they can stick... If they want.

But is it anything on the ticket re cams? Or something we clicked and agreed to.
Like I read that... not.

TE
Oslo

Date: September 4, 2017 19:47

TE
Will probably bring a cheap one they can stick... If they want.

But is it anything on the ticket re cams? Or something we clicked and agreed to.
Like I read that... not.

TE
Oslo

whatever, those security guys at Hamburg are not people who like discussions…
anyhow I'll try to get in with a small umbrella (worth 3 Euros – thus I won't lose to much)

Date: September 4, 2017 20:03

slewan
latvianinexile
TE
slewan

TE
Oslo

yeah, it always the same (but I don't mind). Still the security did a poor job, but there weren't unfriendly like in Hamburg (Hamburg secutity is always impolite and somehow rough)

Funny you should say that Slewan. When I was at the Licks show (FoS, Ronnie's side) I thought that. Security aggressively hustled a couple away who they suspected of having a camera (they didn't) and afterwards, when I asked a Policeman the way to the S-bahn station on the way out, he wasn't especially helpful. I was at the Berlin whow the month before and thought that was much more relaxed and friendly.

Date: September 4, 2017 20:09

latvianinexile
Happy24
latvianinexile
I called the promoter FKP Scorpio a minute ago. They won't allow any cameras inside. When I said mobile phones also have cameras, the guy on the phone said that's something different. So bring your your best cellphones smiling smiley

Cellphones today have cameras just as good as any compact camera, so "that's something different" comment makes no sense at all of course.

I remember that in the rules for the Waldbuhne concert in 2014 it also said that NO cameras were allowed. Somebody wrote them or called them, I don't remember exactly, and got exactly the same response. In reality there was no problem whith compat cameras of course.

If you call the promoter with such a question, you speek with somebody who is everything but in charge. He/she decides nothing and since saying "no" is always a safe choice, he/she will always tell you that.

Thank you grzegorz67. Happy24, I know what you mean about calling a promoter and talking so someone who doesn't have a clue. The FKP Scorpio office is not like Ticketmaster USA or something. That guy had been asked exactly the same question dozens of times. He was told to answer NO cameras. It was not the same in 2014. The Waldbühne show was well into the tour and cameras had been allowed in all over the world incl. Germany since it all began in 2012.

I don't agree that cellphone cameras are as good as compact cameras. You can make good pictures at daylight with a Samsung camera, but under critical lighting conditions you need at least a compact camera to shoot a fast moving Mick Jagger. If cellphones were as good, why are camera builders making cameras with larger lenses and sensors? Can you imagine a Panasonic, Sony or Canon camera with a lens the size of an iphone or Samsung lens?

And you certainly know a thing or 2 about Cameras Latvian. I really hope they do not apply this Policy to all the other shows on the tour - that would be harsh and unnecessary. No doubt you will try to take some photos with your phone there - hope they're as good as you can make them with such limited equipment.

I wonder if we're going to see more of this type of tightened security as shows in general ? I fear we are sad smiley

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: September 4, 2017 20:40

Today, afternoon.

Date: September 4, 2017 20:41

35love
((sorry, I am excited))

Opening Shows--- wish a tix for the pit, what an adventure.
Like Dick Cavette when Mick said he weighed 10 kilos
"now to the library to see what that means"
How cold is it/ degrees?
Thanks.

Saturday forecast grey cloud overhead w/ rain
Low 48
High 62
Easy-peasy

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: September 4, 2017 20:43

alright now, where's the pit???

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 4, 2017 20:45

Adams

I'm wondering the same .... confused smiley

Maybe the Pit is split-up in 2 parts (Ronnie's/Keith's side), each beside the catwalk?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-04 20:55 by Irix.

Posted by: RiffKichards ()

Adams

I have the same question...

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()

Nice photo, Stonesfan2146. What's the source?

Date: September 4, 2017 20:50

grzegorz67
slewan
latvianinexile
TE
slewan

TE
Oslo

Funny you should say that Slewan. When I was at the Licks show (FoS, Ronnie's side) I thought that. Security aggressively hustled a couple away who they suspected of having a camera (they didn't) and afterwards, when I asked a Policeman the way to the S-bahn station on the way out, he wasn't especially helpful. I was at the Berlin whow the month before and thought that was much more relaxed and friendly.

well, it's somhow strange. People in Berlin are usually much more rude than in Hamburg – except for the security.

Date: September 4, 2017 20:52

Stonesfan2146

Today, afternoon.

did they forgot the pit????
the stalls at the sides seem to be very flat…

Date: September 4, 2017 20:57

Stonesfan2146

Today, afternoon.

Well now I'm completely confused! That certainly looks like a catwalk to me. So now I'm guessing the Pit is split in 2, like on 14OF but it's definitely not the same stage.

Or maybe they've had a last minute change of plan and the Silver Pit will now be hard up against the end of the catwalk? I'd love that but I'd be surprised. Maybe the Stones themselves want it that way so that they can get close to the 'Party Crowd'?

It's all intrigueing and the plot thickens...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-04 21:03 by grzegorz67.

Date: September 4, 2017 21:01

it is a cat walk. And the layout is completely different from the seating plan at eventim. Where will be the reserved seats in front of stage (but behind the pit)???

Date: September 4, 2017 21:05

Also the extension is way bigger than needed for just some running. Bigger than any b stage i have seen (but closer to rhe main stage)

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 4, 2017 21:06

latvianinexile

Despite what I wrote, I very much agree with you. I wrote what I wrote, since that is what most people think and will tell you, so I think it actually works as an argument when discussing this problem with the security at the gates :-) But I always take my small Lumix with me, it makes really nice pictures, that I would not be able to make with my cell phone by any means. Of course, the size of lens and the chip are absolutely crucial.

Anyway, I am sure that if you bring a normal small camera, you will be absolutely fine. I mean NO camera policy would have to mean NO camera. And each cell phone has a camera, whether one calls it a "different thing" or not. It is a camera that could not fit the NO camera policy by any means. By that logic you can call your compact camera a picture viewer which also happens to have a camera as a secondary feature and you must be fine :-)

As for the security checks, I have been to 4 stadium concerts in the past 2 months and it is true, that you can not bring along a backpack , which used to be fine before, handbags of max. A4 size are allowed and those are checked more stricktly, but that is pretty much it, again - never had any problem with a compact camera.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-04 21:15 by Happy24.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 4, 2017 21:14

Geez, what a real f-u-c-k. So disappointed I gave them the top price for this. Same old story. This is the last time for me. Tired of the rip-offs! They should have the dignity to refund me partially at least since there's no "no filter pit" as advertised. Damn it!!!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: September 4, 2017 21:21

frankotero
Geez, what a real f-u-c-k. So disappointed I gave them the top price for this. Same old story. This is the last time for me. Tired of the rip-offs! They should have the dignity to refund me partially at least since there's no "no filter pit" as advertised. Damn it!!!

The stage has not finished being built yet.

Nate

Date: September 4, 2017 21:21

Dont panic yet. you will have great places, best of the house for sure.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 46

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1689
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home