Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 46
Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: runaway ()
Date: September 2, 2017 18:57

grzegorz67
Irix
grzegorz67

Article from Die Welt with a photo of the site from the nearby tower. A familiar figure can be seen in the foreground, even if we can only see the back of his head...

It's Ulli Schröder from the [StonesFanMuseum.com] in Lüchow, which is not too far from Hamburg -- Google Maps (zoom out).

[www.Abendblatt.de]

It looks like the StonesFanMuseum is not open on Sunday, 10-Sept-2017 (but from Monday, 11-Sept-2017):

"Am Montag dem 11. September 2017 nach dem Stoneskonzert in Hamburg ist unser Museum für Sie geöffnet." -- [StonesFanMuseum.com] .

Of course I knew it was him grinning smiley. I met him at the Stade de France on 14OF and he gave me a flyer for his museum. I didn't know Luchow was so close to Hamburg though. Is it easy to reach by public transport? I will be in Hamburg for 3 days.

I travelled by car to Lüchow in Wendland but check the train from Hamburg to Salzwedel and then by bus to Lüchow.

Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 2, 2017 19:04

Irix
grzegorz67

Article from Die Welt with a photo of the site from the nearby tower. A familiar figure can be seen in the foreground, even if we can only see the back of his head...

It's Ulli Schröder from the [StonesFanMuseum.com] in Lüchow, which is not too far from Hamburg -- Google Maps (zoom out).

[www.Abendblatt.de]

It looks like the StonesFanMuseum is not open on Sunday, 10-Sept-2017 (but from Monday, 11-Sept-2017):

"Am Montag dem 11. September 2017 nach dem Stoneskonzert in Hamburg ist unser Museum für Sie geöffnet." -- [StonesFanMuseum.com] .

Looks like the kinda cat who has crumpled up tin-foil in the freezer of the Rick Krispies he bought when that commercial hit the radio. Subtle though.

[www.youtube.com]

this actually aces everything they've done since '75; lol...

"...wake up in the morning there's a krackle in your face," indeed. eye popping smiley
smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-02 19:07 by hopkins.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 2, 2017 19:20

If someone wants to win 2 Tickets for Hamburg then there's a sweepstake by public broadcaster [www.NDR.de] until 4-Sept-2017.

It's a picture-puzzle, 12 characters are searched. (I can't get no) S........... smiling smiley

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: September 2, 2017 20:29

grzegorz67
Irix
grzegorz67
u

[www.Abendblatt.de]

Of course I knew it was him grinning smiley. I met him at the Stade de France on 14OF and he gave me a flyer for his museum. I didn't know Luchow was so close to Hamburg though. Is it easy to reach by public transport? I will be in Hamburg for 3 days.

Sure, very nice guy. I met him with my then little son in Hamburg Cinemaxx at the Premiere of the Shine a Light movie, and had a nice extended chat with him.

d.f

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 2, 2017 20:31

by the way: the latest weather forcast for Hamburg is: showers 18°/12°

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 2, 2017 21:04

Well it's not going to be warm anyway! I'll probably wear my fleecy jacket. 13C at night!

I'm STILL trying to get information from the promoters/organisers about Pocket Compact Cameras. I emailed them and also left a message on their Facebook Page. Several others are asking the same question. It would be harsh to ban them when Smartphones have such good cameras nowadays. Everywhere else allows them. We have some pretty good photographers on here, latvianinexile being one of the best and he'll be there for sure. We definitely know professional cameras aren't allowed and we expect that.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 2, 2017 21:22

slewan

You can predict the weather in Hamburg 1 hour before the event.

I know, ´cause I live near Hamburg.

Date: September 2, 2017 21:24

Expect "Schietwetter" and be happy if it turns out better.

Date: September 2, 2017 21:45

slewan

From [www.Wetteronline.de] :

Weather forecast update on 2-Sept-2017: only little rain, max. 2 mm per m2 (6am-6pm) and less than 1 mm per m2 from 6pm to Midnight.

Weather forecast update on 3-Sept-2017: 2 - 5 mm rain per m2 (6am-6pm) and also 2 - 5 mm per m2 from 6pm to Midnight.

Weather forecast update on 4-Sept-2017: no rain from 6am-12pm, 2 - 5 mm rain per m2 (12pm-6pm) and also 1 - 2 mm per m2 from 6pm to Midnight.

Weather forecast update on 5-Sept-2017: less than 1 mm rain per m2 from 6am-12pm, 2 - 5 mm rain per m2 (12pm-6pm). But no rain from 6pm to Midnight.

Weather forecast update on 6-Sept-2017: 1 - 2 mm rain per m2 (6am-12pm), less than 1 mm rain per m2 from 12pm-6pm but Thunderstorm and Wind. No rain from 6pm to Midnight.

Weather forecast update on 7-Sept-2017: 1 - 2 mm rain per m2 (6am-12pm) + Wind, 2 - 5 mm rain per m2 (12pm-6pm) + Wind. Still rain (less than 1 mm per m2) from 6pm to Midnight, but no Wind.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-07 12:00 by Irix.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 2, 2017 22:03

I feel a club show coming on. Unfortunately I don't arrive until Thursday night. It will be yesterday's papers by then, except for the lucky souls that were there. Hope this will happen for them. Good karma on the fans!

Date: September 2, 2017 22:08

Tonight, German Radio NDR Info (in German):

Nachtclub Classics
Rolling Stones

Samstag, 02. September 2017, 23:05 bis 00:00 Uhr, NDR Info

Eine Sendung von Heinrich Oehmsen, Henning Cordes und Angela Gobelin

Allein um ihre Bühne aufzubauen, müssen 75 Spezialisten aus den USA anreisen.
Zehn Jahre waren Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts und Ronnie Wood
nicht mehr hier. Am 9. September treten die Rolling Stones vor bis zu 80.000
Fans im Hamburger Stadtpark auf: Tourneeauftakt der wahlweise besten Rockband
der Welt, eines popkulturellen Denkmals oder des blutleeren Wiedergängers der
Gitarrenmusik. Wir finden heraus, was die Rolling Stones im Jahr 2017 noch zu
sagen haben – drei Stimmen der Nachtclub-Redaktion aus drei Generationen.

[www.ndr.de]

--> I expect a lot of stupid remarks by those "experts" -
but I´ll give it a try anyway.

Livestream from 11.05 PM:
[www.ndr.de]

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: September 3, 2017 01:04

NDR Radio tonight

No experts around, but a bunch of entirely cluess talkers ...

Played a couple of nice numbers, though

d.f

Date: September 3, 2017 01:21

dead.flowers
NDR Radio tonight

No experts around, but a bunch of entirely cluess talkers ...

Played a couple of nice numbers, though

d.f

It was as bad as expected. Three Stones haters in one room.
The "Bittersweet Symphony"-story was badly researched. thumbs down

Anyway: 6 days to go... >grinning smiley<

Date: September 3, 2017 09:59

Stage looks huge. No way this can fit in the gelredome arnhem

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 3, 2017 10:12

PaintMonkeyManBlack

Stages are always adjustable. They'll make it fit.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 3, 2017 11:54

Note that they are saying that only cash is accepted at the venue and there are no ATM's.

Auf dem Gelände ist ausschließlich Barzahlung möglich. Es sind keine EC-Automaten vorhanden, bitte bringen Sie ausreichend Bargeld mit.

[www.fkpscorpio.com]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 3, 2017 12:14

PaintMonkeyManBlack

The stage is 100% flexible and modular. Please see my comment in the NO FILTER tour thread:

[iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 3, 2017 13:31

the weather forecast isn't getting better – rainy and windy…

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 3, 2017 19:45

slewan
the weather forecast isn't getting better – rainy and windy…

Not good. That's why we made the decision that wouldn't pay big bucks..... to get rained on in a field pit.

It won't be raining in the Hamburg Hard Rock Café and surrounding bars on Saturday and that's where we will be until late afternoon ...all invited to join us.

sc uk

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 3, 2017 20:21

Don't know if that has been discussed, is there an opening act?

Date: September 3, 2017 20:35

schwonek

Yes (according to Hamburger Abendblatt), but it will be officially announced next week and it should be a well known one -- [iorr.org] .

Date: September 3, 2017 21:05

straycatuk

That's why we made the decision that wouldn't pay big bucks..... to get rained on in a field pit.

Imagine you've paid EUR 1275 for the StartMeUp-VIP-Package (=NoFilter-Pit) and then there's a weather like in Nijmegen (Goffert Park) 2007 ....

Posted by: ddouven ()
Date: September 3, 2017 21:31

Date: September 3, 2017 21:33

Date: September 3, 2017 21:33

As we can see. I think they have a different new stage.

Date: September 3, 2017 21:55

Interesting view from the rear:

More (in 2 parts): [www.YouTube.com] , [www.YouTube.com] .

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 3, 2017 22:12

Irix
straycatuk

That's why we made the decision that wouldn't pay big bucks..... to get rained on in a field pit.

Imagine you've paid EUR 1275 for the StartMeUp-VIP-Package (=NoFilter-Pit) and then there's a weather like in Nijmegen (Goffert Park) 2007 ....

You Europeans are a tough lot! That stage looks like a roller coaster ride.
THANKS FOR HAMBURG PICS/// UTUBE UPLOADS ---- MAKES ME SMILE !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-03 22:17 by 35love.

Date: September 3, 2017 22:16

Irix
schwonek

Yes (according to Hamburger Abendblatt), but it will be officially announced next week and it should be a well known one -- [iorr.org] .

Wellknown artists on tour in September in Germany:
- Westernhagen
- Sting
- Udo Lindenberg
- Fanta 4
- Metallica (well...)

Aaaaaand:
- Foo Fighters (to play Berlin the day after)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-03 22:21 by schwonek.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: September 3, 2017 22:18

Foo Fighters... Playing in Berlin a day later.

Date: September 3, 2017 22:21

Karlos123
Foo Fighters... Playing in Berlin a day later.

Exactly. I keep the fingers crossed. And then imagine Stones and Foo Fighters playing Miss you.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 46

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1811
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home