Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 46
Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: August 30, 2017 15:28

I queried with the lady of U-Need:

(Big) bags and rucksacks not allowed.

That does not refer to the following gear, which may be carried on the person:

Small bags, waist bags and the such, to carry your personal belongings, papers, money etc.

Typical ladies' handbags.

Cigarettes and lighters.

Smartphones.

Cheers - d.f

Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 30, 2017 16:01

dead.flowers
I queried with the lady of U-Need:

(Big) bags and rucksacks not allowed.

That does not refer to the following gear, which may be carried on the person:

Small bags, waist bags and the such, to carry your personal belongings, papers, money etc.

Typical ladies' handbags.

Cigarettes and lighters.

Smartphones.

Cheers - d.f

As smartphones now have quite decent cameras, I would hope small pocket non-professional cameras are included too. I would be gutted if mine was taken off me. I took one to every show since 2012 (6), unchallenged.

It does sound like it will be very strict and well organised and this will be the new normal for concerts.

Danke schon d.f

Date: August 30, 2017 18:22

As per the reports, more than 10 kilometres of metal fences and sight protection walls will be erected.

That will not allow even a mouse to creep clandestinely in.

grinning smiley

d.f

Date: August 30, 2017 18:37

Any idea how to get to the Business and More hotel afterwards? Lots of cabs around? all night metro?

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: August 30, 2017 18:58

dead.flowers
A lady from a sub-organizer company of the show, U-Need, told me on the phone: Strictly no rucksacks, bags, no food, no beverages. Even a tiny plastic bottle of water wouldn't go. This is the presently prevailing practice at big events, she said.

A PR officer of the state distric office, Bezirksamt Hamburg Nord, informed me that for this event there will be a curfew at 2300 hrs.

Moreover, organizers FKP Scorpio are to hold a press conference tomorrow at 1500 hrs. An internet link with useful info would be installed by the organizers tomorrow as well. Name of warm-up act may also be announced.

Rgds - dead.flowers

In order to avoid a mile's walk:
U-Bahn line U3 (tube) to stn Borgweg
and Metro Bus line M6 (from downtown) to bus stop Borgweg
should be the closest to the venue.

S-Bahn train line S1 stn Alte Wöhr (Stadtpark) will be closed for maintenance then.

My careful planning in tatters.....Why close it on day of a big event. I expect that kind of incompetence in the UK, but not Germany eye rolling smiley

scuk

Date: August 30, 2017 19:13

sc, don't panic! There are plenty ways to get there: U3 to Borgweg or Saarlandstr. Bus M6 to Borgweg. S1 to Barmbek and than walk or take U3 to see above.

I heard there'll be shuttle buses from various points in town. Check the hvv.de public transport site.

Wait to see the organizers' internet link with useful hints tomorrow.

d.f

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 30, 2017 19:15

PaintMonkeyManBlack

Lots of cabs around? all night metro?

Public Transport in Hamburg: [www.HVV.de] .

Cabs (= Taxi ): [www.Hamburg.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-30 19:25 by Irix.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: August 30, 2017 19:20

I chose a route that linked up the airport hotel and venue because our time is really tight. I HAVE to get home on Sunday, as I fly out to Greece the following day. Is it just the station shut , but the line through still open ?

sc uk

Date: August 30, 2017 19:21

dead.flowers
As per the reports, more than 10 kilometres of metal fences and sight protection walls will be erected.

That will not allow even a mouse to creep clandestinely in.

grinning smiley

d.f

Goodness me! Sounds like all angles are covered. Should we expect sniffer dogs, rubber gloves and x-rays on the way in grinning smiley ? A big and heavily armed Police presence too.

To echo straycatuk, I'm astonished at them closing the nearest S-Bahn Station on show day. That's what we expect here in the UK, not super efficient Germany winking smiley

Date: August 30, 2017 19:24

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Any idea how to get to the Business and More hotel afterwards? Lots of cabs around? all night metro?

There are over 3,000 cabs in town. Let's hope there will be one left for you with that crowd.

Underground (U-Bahn) and S-Bahn trains are running the whole night through.

Check the public transport site: [www.hvv.de]

PS: The address of the venue being: Otto-Wels-Str. 2, Hamburg (Stadtpark).

d.f

Need additional assistance? Just let me know. Where do you hail from, btw?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-30 19:27 by dead.flowers.

Date: August 30, 2017 19:37

Thank you very much!

I will be driving early saturday from Eindhoven, Netherlands.

I'll be fine. The plan is to drink some beers after the show and then find a cab smiling smiley

Very much looking forward to the show ! German shows are the best. Great nice crowds.

Date: August 30, 2017 19:40

sc uk: It is only that single one particular stn closed for maintenance [Alte Wöhr (Stadtpark)]. The S1 line is running through all normal.

Check the hvv.de site. There are loads of various trains and buses around all day and all night.

Maintenance has to be done some time or another. And it's not the only event in town that weekend, there will also be the Hansesail thing at the port attracting maybe hundreds of thousands people more. That's also why that particular day all hotels are fully booked since long. It'll be all love, peace and happiness.

d.f.

Irix: Hi! Looks we're writing and posting at the same time.

Date: August 30, 2017 19:51

Welcome, PMMB!

Looks like you got a hotel far far away in the middle of nowhere.

Check the hvv.de site. Maybe you'll find nice company on public transport. Or the cab of course. By he time you'll have had a couple of beers, there will lots of cabs be free for you. smiling smiley

The other week I spent a nice couple of days with my wife in Amsterdam. I personally like the Dutch crowds. Remember a huge cheerful crowd at Schüttorf 95.

Me too look forward to the show. Hope we'll all enjoy.

d.f

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-30 19:54 by dead.flowers.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: August 30, 2017 19:52

PaintMonkeyManBlack
German shows are the best. Great nice crowds.

I like travelling to NL to see shows there because of the Dutch fans who know how to party...smiling smiley
And I'm sure there will be lots of them in Hamburgsmileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-30 19:53 by MAF.

Date: August 30, 2017 20:27

Yes middle of nowhere but one of the few options left when i booked.

Dutch crowds are normally impolite. Same as Werchter stones crowds (guns roses this year was great).

Germanans from nordrhein westfalen always very nice, however never been to hamburg.

Posted by: basti ()
Date: August 31, 2017 01:35

Hallo everybody

I drive on Saturday morning with my car to Hamburg.
If anyone are from NRW (Duisburg, Kleve, Mönchengladbach etc), I have some free places in my Car

cheerz

basti

Date: August 31, 2017 12:20

Building the Stage -- report from public broadcaster NDR (in german): Hamburg Journal (30-Aug-2017, 7:30pm).

Date: August 31, 2017 12:53

Irix
Building the Stage -- report from public broadcaster NDR (in german): Hamburg Journal (30-Aug-2017, 7:30pm).

Cool! thumbs up

Date: August 31, 2017 13:25

Still Tickets available via [www.Eventim.de] :

(31-Aug-2017, noon)

Date: August 31, 2017 14:33

There are now dozens and dozens of tickets for all sections flooding onto German eBay and nearly all are trading for below face. Some real bargains to be had on seats in particular. Silver and GA prices holding up well at generally a little below face. It seems that people want to stand and party smileys with beer

Scoring a ticket on the day in such a big crowd will be very easy I think.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 31, 2017 14:35

An 11 PM curfew would probably mean a start time near 9 PM, no? After 8:30 PM anyways?

Date: August 31, 2017 14:37

Also the more recent Hamburg concerts arranged by the same promoter have indeed had a "DIN A4" bag policy, meaning the largest side of a bag cannot exceed 21 x 30 cm (or the size of a regular A4 paper sheet)

Date: August 31, 2017 14:39

Topi
An 11 PM curfew would probably mean a start time near 9 PM, no? After 8:30 PM anyways?

Yep and so the entire show definitely in darkness. We'll find out more today when the organisers hold that press conference at 15.00CET. Hopefully our German IORRians will report back here.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: August 31, 2017 15:46

Topi
Also the more recent Hamburg concerts arranged by the same promoter have indeed had a "DIN A4" bag policy, meaning the largest side of a bag cannot exceed 21 x 30 cm (or the size of a regular A4 paper sheet)

And no umbrellas.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: August 31, 2017 15:49

Hope that many of those premium tickets will end up being given out for Lucky Dippers! Fingers crossed for that! smiling smiley

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: August 31, 2017 15:58

Where can you follow the press conference?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-31 15:58 by spunky.

Date: August 31, 2017 16:29

MAF
Topi

And no umbrellas.

The no umbrellas part I can understand, but even a small backpack would have been nice. I'm bringing my manbag! winking smiley

Date: August 31, 2017 18:22

Topi

Curfew 2300 hrs means, as per what the district spokesman told me, "definitely no music after that time". That is to say, we know when the gig will definitely be over at the latest, but we don't know when it'll start.

d.f

Date: August 31, 2017 18:25

Important Informations by the Promoter -- see: [www.FKPScorpio.com]

[www.FKPScorpio.com]

[www.FKPScorpio.com]

Legend:

+ Red Cross = First Aid
(N) Notausgänge = Emergency Exits
Rollipodest = Pedestal for Wheelchairs
Sanitäre Anlagen = Sanitary Facilities
Food Court = Food Court
Polizei = Police
Merchandise = Merchandise
Sitzplätze = Seats
Tribünen = Stands
Silverpit = Silverpit
No Filter Pit = No Filter Pit
E1, E2: Eingang = Entrance

(Third Entrance only for Wheelchairs)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-02 11:00 by Irix.

Date: August 31, 2017 18:42

Fresh report by "Hamburger Abendblatt" newspaper:-

[www.abendblatt.de]

Die Stones kommen – und bringen eventuell noch Tickets mit

The Stones are coming - and eventually still bring some tickets with them

Hamburg
Die Stones kommen – und bringen eventuell noch Tickets mit
Die Rolling Stones gehen 2017 wieder auf Tour, Start ist am 9. September in Hamburg

Foto: dpa Picture-Alliance / epa Andrew Gombert / picture-alliance/ dpa/dpaweb

Die Rolling Stones gehen 2017 wieder auf Tour, Start ist am 9. September in Hamburg.

82.000 Karten für den Tourauftakt der Rolling Stones im Stadtpark sind schon weg. Der Veranstalter gibt womöglich neue Bereiche frei.

82,000 tix for the kick-off of the Rolling Stones tour in Stadtpark already sold. The organizers will possibly open new areas.

Hamburg. Für das Konzert der Rolling Stones am 9. September im Hamburger Stadtpark wird auf der Festwiese eine Bühne aufgebaut, die eher wie ein Stadion wirkt. Wie die Veranstalter am Donnerstag mitteilten, würden vor der gigantischen Bühne vor dem See zwölf Tribünen aufgebaut. Das Gelände für die erwarteten 82.000 Zuschauer wird mit zwei Sicherheitszäunen abgeschirmt. Es werde "massive Sicherheitsvorkehrungen" geben, kündigte Polizeidirektor Matthias Krause an. Die Polizei werde zusätzlich mit einem Social-Media-Team vor Ort sein, um aktuelle Informationen über Twitter und Facebook zu verkünden.

Christian Wiesmann vom Veranstalter FKP Scorpio kündigte an, dass der Einlass ab 14 Uhr (gates open 1400 hrs) geöffnet werde, es werde ein großes Angebot an Speisen und Getränken inklusive Foodtrucks geben, außerdem sei eine bekannte Vorgruppe im Programm (a wellknown opening act in the programme). Zuschauer sollten ausschließlich mit öffentlichen Verkehrsmitteln, dem Fahrrad (eigene gesicherte Parkplätze) oder zu Fuß kommen. Der Boden der Festwiese wird mit Kunststoffplatten ausgelegt, um die Schäden so gering wie möglich zu halten. Der Bühnenaufbau beginnt am Freitag. 20 Lichtmasten sollen am Konzerttag den Stadtpark ausleuchten.

Eventuell Tickets an der Abendkasse - Possibly tix at the box office

Um die Konstruktion wird noch ein Geheimnis gemacht, die Rolling Stones haben ihre Bühnenbauer um eine komplett neu gestaltete Form gebeten.

Das Konzert war nach gut einem Tag ausverkauft. Dennoch kann es kurzfristig noch Tickets geben, wenn die Produktion Flächen freigeben sollte. Möglicherweise gibt es sogar eine Abendkasse mit einem geringen Kontingent.

Nur Gerüchte zum Hotel der Stones - Only rumous about the Stones' hotel

Die Stones spielen das erste Mal zum Auftakt einer Tournee in Hamburg. Für die Musiker um Mick Jagger und Keith Richards ist es deshalb etwas Besonderes, weil sie trotz jahrzehntelangen Zusammenspielens das Programm ändern und altbekannte Songs neu arrangieren. Bei jeder Tour gibt es außerdem eine eigens entworfene Bühnenkonstruktion mit großen Videowänden. Deshalb werden auch die Logistik und der Aufbau für die Crew eine Herausforderung.

Die gecharterte Boeing 767, die zur Luxusversion ausgebaut ist, wird bereits einige Tage vor dem Konzert in Hamburg erwartet. Über das Hotel, in dem Stones logieren, gibt es nur Gerüchte. In jedem Fall werden sie nach den derzeit laufenden Proben in einer Londoner Halle auch in Hamburg noch an den Arrangements feilen und spätestens am Tag des Konzerts einen Soundcheck machen - (soundcheck on the day of concert at the latest). Bilder von den Tonnen an Gitarren, Verstärkern und dem minimalistischen Schlagzeug von Charlie Watts vor Rollcontainern hat die Band bereits in sozialen Netzwerken gepostet.

d.f

What happened at the press conference?

And where's the link to useful advice?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 46

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1417
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home