Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 46
Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 28, 2017 14:53

azizahans
In 1998 the curfew was at 22.00, so they startet early (19.30). Mick mentionet it even during the concert.(Just before Gimme Shelter).

Useful to know. And that was a field show too. Unless local law has changed, I'd expect a similar rule to apply to the Festwiese. Here's a report and photo from that show :

[www.glimmer-twins.de]

90,000 crowd too!

I was at the Licks Show at SV Hamburg's stadium in 2003 snd don't remember any kind of curfew there, though it was 14 years ago.

Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 28, 2017 15:42

Do we have an official word on the bags/backpacks policy yet?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 28, 2017 17:55

azizahans

In 1998 the curfew was at 22.00, so they startet early (19.30). Mick mentionet it even during the concert.(Just before Gimme Shelter).

See also the Reviews from Hamburg 1998 (Trabrennbahn Bahrenfeld): [iorr.org] .

Date: August 28, 2017 22:18

My ticket says 19.00 and 14.00 einlass

For dusseldorf 19.15 and 17.00 einlass

Arnhem 18.30

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: August 29, 2017 19:02

Topi

[www.ndr.de]

no backpacks and drinks allowed

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: August 29, 2017 19:10

Build-up at Stadtpark has begun.

Here is a fresh report from the local NDR radio station and one from shz.de, including a few pics. Reports are in German, however.

[www.ndr.de]

[www.shz.de]

"Stones Concert: Stadtpark becomes Fortress"

A crowd of 82,000 is expected.

60 security gates will cover the three entrances. There would be checks similar to those at airports.

Rucksacks, dangerous objects and beverages would be forbidden.

A dry cheers from dead.flowers

Date: August 29, 2017 19:25

Stoneswolf
Topi

[www.ndr.de]

no backpacks and drinks allowed

While [www.shz.de] says: large backpacks are not allowed ....

Date: August 29, 2017 19:41

Right, Irix.

While shz.de quotes and refers to the NDR report, it looks they have added the word large by themselves.

Any additional info welcome. I'll try to find out more as well.

dead.flowers

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 29, 2017 20:08

" Besucher müssen sich auf einen Fußmarsch von rund anderthalb Kilometern zum Konzert einstellen - einen gesonderten Shuttle-Verkehr zwischen den U- und S-Bahnstationen und der Festwiese gibt es nicht"

visitors will have to walk a mile to get to the show since there won't be any kind of shuttle service between underground stations and the venue

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: August 29, 2017 21:07

They want to put barriers all around the venue for security reasons.
There will be special parking sites for bicycles...
No drinks allowed to bring in? Okay,we will have some before we go in...

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 29, 2017 21:11

The no bringing of drinks into the venue rule has nothing to do with security and everything to do with maximising profits.

Nate

Date: August 29, 2017 21:30

Nate
The no bringing of drinks into the venue rule has nothing to do with security and everything to do with maximising profits.

Nate

Correct. It's been the case for decades. Although some stadia allow soft drinks as long as they are in small sealed cartons. Wembley and Twickenham both do.

Date: August 29, 2017 21:42

grzegorz67
Nate

Nate

Correct. It's been the case for decades. Although some stadia allow soft drinks as long as they are in small sealed cartons. Wembley and Twickenham both do.

in Frankfurt (Festhalle) they usually allow small plasic bottles without caps since throwing a plastic bottle without cap doesn't case real damage nor danger…
But you're right – the main reason to allow no drinks to be brought in is to be able to sell overpriced water etc.

Date: August 29, 2017 21:48

Personally I refuse to pay the rip off prices.If a venue allows you to bring in a bottle with the cap removed then I hide the cap in my mouth whilst going through the gates.
I don't mind paying good money for great food and drink but when being blatantly ripped off with food that is mediocre to say the least and drink prices that are outrageous then I ain't paying it.

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-29 21:52 by Nate.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: August 29, 2017 22:17

In Paris 1995 no (plastic) bottles were allowed to bring in but inside the venue they sold cans with coke etc. Very clever...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 29, 2017 22:17

Nate

Nate

I could get drunk any time if needed but if I am front row or even just inside for a Stones show I do really want my brain cells to work 100% and not just 90%, so that I may see and hear and remember every split second of the show.

Personally I think drunk people at shows are annoying, same with people who drink too much and have to walk in and out all through the stracvel etchow. For me the show is important, then I can do my drinking for the rest of the year.

They don't know what you bring in the bottles, that is the problem. It may be 96% alcohol or anything else. Also, to be honest, how many beers do you manage to drink before the show? May be 2 or 3? If they cost 5 or 10 Euro then that is nothing compared to your budget for the rest of the show including pre- and post-party, show ticket, travel etc.

Bjornulf

Date: August 29, 2017 22:44

bv
Nate

Nate

I could get drunk any time if needed but if I am front row or even just inside for a Stones show I do really want my brain cells to work 100% and not just 90%, so that I may see and hear and remember every split second of the show.

Personally I think drunk people at shows are annoying, same with people who drink too much and have to walk in and out all through the stracvel etchow. For me the show is important, then I can do my drinking for the rest of the year.

They don't know what you bring in the bottles, that is the problem. It may be 96% alcohol or anything else. Also, to be honest, how many beers do you manage to drink before the show? May be 2 or 3? If they cost 5 or 10 Euro then that is nothing compared to your budget for the rest of the show including pre- and post-party, show ticket, travel etc.

the point is not beer or any other form of alcohol. It also about soft drinks and especially water. I remember Schüttorf – they sold bottles of water (1.5 liters for 10-20 Deutsch Marks… (that was in 1995!). On warm days people easily drink 2-3 liters

Date: August 30, 2017 00:04

bv
Nate

Nate

I agree I have seen many people falling over and being taken away by paramedics because they drink too much or are taking too many drugs and passing out and I think what was the point of them buying a ticket for the show.I don't drink alcohol very often and I don't get drunk.At a concert I usually just drink water but I don't like that people have to pay over inflated prices.

Nate

Date: August 30, 2017 00:13

Nate
bv
Nate

Nate

I agree I have seen many people falling over and being taken away by paramedics because they drink too much or are taking too many drugs and passing out and I think what was the point of them buying a ticket for the show.I don't drink alcohol very often and I don't get drunk.At a concert I usually just drink water but I don't like that people have to pay over inflated prices.

Nate

The 2 Hyde Park shows in 2013 were pretty bad for drunk fans. There were several fights in the crowd at those shows with excessive alcohol being the chief culprit. On the plus side they let people take water in provided it was in sealed half litre bottles.

Drunk fans truly are a pest at shows- spoils everyone's enjoyment.

Date: August 30, 2017 00:43

I only drink to make other people seem more interesting so if I'm drinking orange juice with you you're ok spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-30 01:14 by Nate.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: August 30, 2017 01:42

PaintMonkeyManBlack
My ticket says 19.00 and 14.00 einlass

For dusseldorf 19.15 and 17.00 einlass

Arnhem 18.30

So I guess the merch won't be open if we enter at 14.00 ...

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 30, 2017 12:20

Nate

Nate

It'll be a case of Do The Hip Flask, Baby for me.

Date: August 30, 2017 12:28

Silver Dagger
Nate

Nate

Good one grinning smiley However, they'll take it off you. It's airline security for all at the show with rucksacks not allowed. Last year at Rock Werchter (near Brussels, 3 months after the bombings) it was real airline security with plastic trays and metal detectors.

How that's going to work out with 82,000 people in Hamburg will be interesting. Huge queues for sure and it will be frustrating for late arrivers.

Date: August 30, 2017 13:38

grzegorz67
Silver Dagger
Nate

Nate

Good one grinning smiley However, they'll take it off you. It's airline security for all at the show with rucksacks not allowed. Last year at Rock Werchter (near Brussels, 3 months after the bombings) it was real airline security with plastic trays and metal detectors.

How that's going to work out with 82,000 people in Hamburg will be interesting. Huge queues for sure and it will be frustrating for late arrivers.

Rock Werchter and Werchter Classic also have 80k people. With Guns and Roses no lines whatsoever, and also metal detectors.

Date: August 30, 2017 13:56

PaintMonkeyManBlack
grzegorz67
Silver Dagger
Nate

Nate

Rock Werchter and Werchter Classic also have 80k people. With Guns and Roses no lines whatsoever, and also metal detectors.

That's good to know. I queued for an hour and entered when the place opened up so I could grab front row. I didn't know what it was like for those arriving later when the big crowds roll up. I was actually very impressed wiyh how well organised Rock Werchter was. Security were good and treated everyone with courtesy and respect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-30 13:58 by grzegorz67.

Date: August 30, 2017 14:05

grzegorz67

How that's going to work out with 82,000 people in Hamburg will be interesting.

The reports say there will be 60 security gates around the concert area -- [iorr.org] ....

Date: August 30, 2017 14:24

grzegorz67
PaintMonkeyManBlack
grzegorz67
Silver Dagger
Nate

Nate

That's good to know. I queued for an hour and entered when the place opened up so I could grab front row. I didn't know what it was like for those arriving later when the big crowds roll up. I was actually very impressed wiyh how well organised Rock Werchter was. Security were good and treated everyone with courtesy and respect.

Great organisation indeed. Althought I thought the metal detectors were more to scare of than actually working.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: August 30, 2017 14:47

Yeah, if you could minimize the junk you bring in, that will make the line move faster for the rest of us. Some people load up more stuff than the Beverly Hillbillies.

Date: August 30, 2017 14:59

A lady from a sub-organizer company of the show, U-Need, told me on the phone: Strictly no rucksacks, bags, no food, no beverages. Even a tiny plastic bottle of water wouldn't go. This is the presently prevailing practice at big events, she said.

A PR officer of the state distric office, Bezirksamt Hamburg Nord, informed me that for this event there will be a curfew at 2300 hrs.

Moreover, organizers FKP Scorpio are to hold a press conference tomorrow at 1500 hrs. An internet link with useful info would be installed by the organizers tomorrow as well. Name of warm-up act may also be announced.

Rgds - dead.flowers

In order to avoid a mile's walk:
U-Bahn line U3 (tube) to stn Borgweg
and Metro Bus line M6 (from downtown) to bus stop Borgweg
should be the closest to the venue.

S-Bahn train line S1 stn Alte Wöhr (Stadtpark) will be closed for maintenance then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-30 15:02 by dead.flowers.

Date: August 30, 2017 15:10

dead.flowers
A lady from a sub-organizer company of the show, U-Need, told me on the phone: Strictly no rucksacks, bags, no food, no beverages. Even a tiny plastic bottle of water wouldn't go. This is the presently prevailing practice at big events, she said.

A PR officer of the state distric office, Bezirksamt Hamburg Nord, informed me that for this event there will be a curfew at 2300 hrs.

Moreover, organizers FKP Scorpio are to hold a press conference tomorrow at 1500 hrs. An internet link with useful info would be installed by the organizers tomorrow as well. Name of warm-up act may also be announced.

Rgds - dead.flowers

In order to avoid a mile's walk:
U-Bahn line U3 (tube) to stn Borgweg
and Metro Bus line M6 (from downtown) to bus stop Borgweg
should be the closest to the venue.

S-Bahn train line S1 stn Alte Wöhr (Stadtpark) will be closed for maintenance then.

Danke schon to all German IORRians finding out stuff like this for the rest of us travelling in from elsewhere. I guess "no rucksacks" includes money belt/waist pack type bags too so we're limited to what we can carry in our pockets ?

Surely they're not going back to banning pocket cameras etc

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 46

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1911
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home