Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 46
Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 30, 2017 00:27

grzegorz67
ErwinH
Stones ticket... check!
Hostel room (Generator)... check!
Trainticket... check!

It looks I'm ready for Hamburg smiling smiley

Hi Erwin,

I'll be staying at the Generator if I make it to Hamburg. I've booked the plane from Stansted and trains to the airport but I found out today my Cataract Op is on 28th July! I should make it, just! I'll have to get a seat ticket I think. I've stayed at the Generator in Berlin, Copenhagen and Rome and I think they're excellent. Expensive for a hostel but clean with very good facilities.

I have stayed at a few generator hostels around Europe and the Hamburg one is good as they all usually are and it is right next to the main train station.

Enjoy the show

Nate thumbs up

Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: June 30, 2017 11:44

straycatuk
dead flowers and others.

Thanks for the info. Very helpful smiling smiley

sc uk

SD, sc uk and other beatniks, it's my pleasure, you're always very welcome.

dead.flowers smiling smiley

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: June 30, 2017 12:46

Trying to buy tickets to this show. Ending up on [www.seatwave.de] a partner to ticketmaster. Trying to but silver pit. Don't really get why there is 4 different Silver pit with different number of tickets and different prices. Could someone explain pleasesmiling smiley?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 30, 2017 12:50

tiffanyblu
Trying to buy tickets to this show. Ending up on [www.seatwave.de] a partner to ticketmaster. Trying to but silver pit. Don't really get why there is 4 different Silver pit with different number of tickets and different prices. Could someone explain pleasesmiling smiley?

This is a reseller like viagogo. The show is officially sold out. Maybe there will be some more if the don't sell enough VIP tickets.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 30, 2017 14:03

dead.flowers
OK, SD, Sir, well I tried and made a few phone calls to some hotels in town. On one hand, it's possible that one reason for the room shortage is that a bigger number of Stones fans alread booked their rooms for that one particular night. Additionally it happens that on that particular weekend the Hamburg Cruise Days are taking place, when there will be a big number of cruise ships calling at Hamburg Port at the same time, which is a regional tourist attraction. Therefore, maybe it will still be a bargain to book the Hotel ibis budget Hamburg City Ost for two nights at EUR 152.50 while actually using it for one night only. Cheers - d.f

This is really kind of you d.f - I owe you a beer. smileys with beer

Date: June 30, 2017 15:06

Thank you, SD. smiling bouncing smiley I'd try to keep in touch with you round that date. Maybe we'll really have a chance to meet then. BTW, have you found a room by now? d.f

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 30, 2017 15:40

dead.flowers

Thank you, SD. smiling bouncing smiley I'd try to keep in touch with you round that date. Maybe we'll really have a chance to meet then. BTW, have you found a room by now? d.f

Not yet as still waiting to hear from my IORR mate Man of Wealth and Taste who is on same flight as me from London. But the 2 night option sounds best considering what is left - especially at that price.

Date: June 30, 2017 16:14

Fine, SD, good luck! Have a nice weekend. d.f

Date: July 1, 2017 12:52

hockenheim95
tiffanyblu

This is a reseller like viagogo. The show is officially sold out. Maybe there will be some more if the don't sell enough VIP tickets.

Bought 3 silver pit tickets through seatwawe. Should arrive within a few days so see you all in Hamburg!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 1, 2017 13:14

tiffanyblu
hockenheim95
tiffanyblu

Bought 3 silver pit tickets through seatwawe. Should arrive within a few days so see you all in Hamburg!

The cheapest is around 290 (incl. fees).
Why didn´t you buy the official Silver Pit early entry package for 325?

Date: July 1, 2017 13:29

TooTough
tiffanyblu
hockenheim95
tiffanyblu

The cheapest is around 290 (incl. fees).
Why didn´t you buy the official Silver Pit early entry package for 325?

Bought them for 693 incl all , so not 290. Otherwise i would have gone for the EAsmiling smiley

Date: July 1, 2017 14:40

Is there any diskussions on where the pre-party Will take place ?

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 1, 2017 16:12

tiffanyblu
Is there any diskussions on where the pre-party Will take place ?

We need some local knowledge for this - d f ?

sc uk

Date: July 1, 2017 18:10

How do you mean, preparty, of the band or the fans or how?confused smiley dead.flowers

Posted by: sister ()
Date: July 1, 2017 18:50

dead.flowers
How do you mean, preparty, of the band or the fans or how?confused smiley dead.flowers

Hello, will be in Hamburg from 8. to 10. October, what about a harbour boat trip with a barkasse in the blue night of the 8.?
Greets sister

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 2, 2017 23:39

Looking at the detailed floor plan for Hamburg and doing a very rough dot count, I reckon that front seated section is going to hold around 4,000 people, which puts the standing areas a distance back. Detailed floor plans can be found here:

[www.fansale.de]

Someone with some clever software can probably do a precise dot count.

The No Filter Pit is said to hold 400. The lighting towers etc, seem to be in the Silver Pit section, which sounds like it's going to be the 'Party' section.

Although the front seated section is officially sold out, it's actually quite big at approx 4,000 and tickets seem to be relatively plentiful on the secondary market, with some going as low as face value. That's 10 weeks before show day too. That's where I'm aiming to be anyway. I do have my doubts about just how 'sold out' it actually is though....

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: July 3, 2017 10:09

sister
dead.flowers

Hello, will be in Hamburg from 8. to 10. October, what about a harbour boat trip with a barkasse in the blue night of the 8.?
Greets sister

Hi Sister, most of us will be in Hamburg (or what´s left after G20) four weeks earlier. eye popping smiley
I hope it´s a misspelling, isn´t it?

Cheers, fillmore

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: July 3, 2017 17:25

grzegorz67
Looking at the detailed floor plan for Hamburg and doing a very rough dot count, I reckon that front seated section is going to hold around 4,000 people, which puts the standing areas a distance back. Detailed floor plans can be found here:

[www.fansale.de]

The No Filter Pit is said to hold 400. The lighting towers etc, seem to be in the Silver Pit section, which sounds like it's going to be the 'Party' section.

Although the front seated section is officially sold out, it's actually quite big at approx 4,000 and tickets seem to be relatively plentiful on the secondary market, with some going as low as face value. That's 10 weeks before show day too. That's where I'm aiming to be anyway. I do have my doubts about just how 'sold out' it actually is though....

It is not sold out, I've just bought a ticket in A1.
There were plenty of 499 EUR tickets available for a long time in the last two weeks with really a lot of them last Wednesday. I believe they will be back on sale.

I hesitated to buy a ticket for a long time not wanting to spend 35 EUR on courier but it's a big field I'm a bit tired after I spent last four days in a festival where I live. So I thought that maybe getting a seated ticket and not having to be there early is not a bad idea.

It seems that a method of small steps works well for buying tickets.
Now I need to find a Lucky Dip partner for Lucca.

Date: July 3, 2017 18:39

Adams
grzegorz67

[www.fansale.de]

It is not sold out, I've just bought a ticket in A1.
There were plenty of 499 EUR tickets available for a long time in the last two weeks with really a lot of them last Wednesday. I believe they will be back on sale.

I hesitated to buy a ticket for a long time not wanting to spend 35 EUR on courier but it's a big field I'm a bit tired after I spent last four days in a festival where I live. So I thought that maybe getting a seated ticket and not having to be there early is not a bad idea.

It seems that a method of small steps works well for buying tickets.
Now I need to find a Lucky Dip partner for Lucca.

I'm in no hurry to buy. Tickets will flood onto the secondary market in the last 1-2 weeks and prices will drop, probably to well below face for the very expensive tickets. I'll be able to pick up my ticket on show day and so avoid 35 EUR Delivery. It happens at nearly every show by every artist. 4,000 seats at these outrageous prices, even the cheaper 239 EUR sections of A1 & A9 is unsustainable. And as for 799 EUR for the pit, hmmm. Some Lucky Dippers are going to get very lucky, methinks smiling smiley

Edit - And that Festival would be Open'er in Sopot by any chance ? My friend from Warsaw was there and saw Radiohead and the Foo Fighters and loved it. I'd love to see the Stones do an Eastern Festival such as Open'er ot Exit (Serbia).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-03 18:43 by grzegorz67.

Date: July 3, 2017 18:44

Yeah, Lucky Dippers or they are going to give away those tickets for free to employees, companies or city council people.

We don't have any inside knowledge, maybe this time all LD's will be in pit

Date: July 3, 2017 18:51

>>>And that Festival would be Open'er in Sopot by any chance

Yes, that's the one, it takes one hour from the main stage to my bed smiling smiley

It's always very good or excellent. Loved FF and Radiohead. Also some very good "small" acts like Benjamin Booker or Kevin Morby

Date: July 5, 2017 16:27

Loads od those 499 tickets in good blocks available at the moment

[www.eventim.de]

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 5, 2017 18:18

Licky Dip ticket holders are in for a treat.

Date: July 7, 2017 13:53

I tested last night and pulled up a whole row of 8 tickets in A6 Row 3 eye rolling smiley

I think there could be rich pickings for the Lucky Dippers at this show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-07 13:56 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 9, 2017 12:04

Folks, this thing is 2 months away!

Date: July 9, 2017 12:23

Yeah!!

What time the shows start? 21 as usual?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 9, 2017 12:37

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Yeah!!

What time the shows start? 21 as usual?

I don't know about that but even if it will start at 20.30 it will be completely dark. The last tours they played here in June/July and it got dark halfway through the show. In Hyde Park 2013 even later.

Date: July 9, 2017 14:48

BiG fan of starting in the light. Adds a lot of atmosphere if it gets dark instead of a full dark show. Also i think they played st petersburg in 2007 as a full daylight show. Would not have liked that.

Date: July 9, 2017 15:29

Have they announced the opening acts yet?

Date: July 9, 2017 15:32

Ticket says 19:00 BTW. That would probably be when the opening act goes on, eh?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 46

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2071
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home