Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 46
Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 26, 2017 15:06

Silver Dagger
Still haven't found a Hamburg hotel in the centre of town. Can anyone recommend one please?

Try the Jollyday Inn - a punk rock & football 'themed' hostel, located in Sankt-Pauli area (oposite of the football stadium of Sankt-Pauli FC, and next to the "Jolly Roger"... probably Germany's but definitely Hamburg's most infamous rock bar!!)

I just reserved the "Honeymoon zimmer" there (so forget that one; it's taken), only a couple of days ago; for the missus & me. smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-26 15:10 by RoughJusticeOnYa.

Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Date: June 26, 2017 16:19

RoughJusticeOnYa
Silver Dagger
Can any of our German friends help with telling me if the location of this hotel is easily within reach of the gig.

Das Weisse Hotel an der Elbchausee. [www.das-weisse-hotel.de]

I don't want to be stuck in the middle of nowehere. If there are any other suggestions near the stadtmitte or where the concert is that would be great.

Many thanks

Silver Dagger

Ever tried (f.i.) Google Maps for such things?

P.S.: I got curious, so I checked it for ya. smoking smiley
That hotel is located 15 km (little under 10 miles) located from the Stadtpark;
it (roughly) takes you 30' by car, or 45' by public transport to get there.

Date: June 26, 2017 16:19

RoughJusticeOnYa
Silver Dagger
Still haven't found a Hamburg hotel in the centre of town. Can anyone recommend one please?

Try the Jollyday Inn - a punk rock & football 'themed' hostel, located in Sankt-Pauli area (oposite of the football stadium of Sankt-Pauli FC, and next to the "Jolly Roger"... probably Germany's but definitely Hamburg's most infamous rock bar!!)

I just reserved the "Honeymoon zimmer" there (so forget that one; it's taken), only a couple of days ago; for the missus & me. smoking smiley

«Cuddly atmosphere», hehe smileys with beer

Date: June 26, 2017 16:45

DandelionPowderman
RoughJusticeOnYa
Silver Dagger

«Cuddly atmosphere», hehe smileys with beer

Oh yeah; she & me, we're all atmosphere... smoking smiley smileys with beer

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: June 26, 2017 19:29

hockenheim95
Sici
Did someone receive the tickets?

Yes, Eventim usually ships within a few days. I got them all a few days after the purchase.

I bought the Paint It Black Package on May 13 but I have not received any tickets ... because on the Eventim site there is written

Delivery conditions:
* Your tickets will be sent approximately 4-6 weeks prior to the event.
* Further information to your vip package will be sent via mail a few days before the event.
* Pick-up for merchandise articles at the venue.
* Merchandise articles which haven't been picked-up, won't be redirected by mail.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-26 19:41 by Stone601.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 26, 2017 19:41

Stone601
hockenheim95
Sici

Yes, Eventim usually ships within a few days. I got them all a few days after the purchase.

I bought the Paint It Black Package on May 13 but I have not received any tickets ...
Any suggestion?
Thanks

Ohh, I don't know about packages. But you could log in at the eventim website. There are informations about your order.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: June 26, 2017 20:02

hockenheim95
Stone601
hockenheim95
Sici

I bought the Paint It Black Package on May 13 but I have not received any tickets ...
Any suggestion?
Thanks

Ohh, I don't know about packages. But you could log in at the eventim website. There are informations about your order.

Thanks a lot Jan, after writing the post I went to check ..... I had run off the detail on the shipment ..... and I immediately modified my original post.

Date: June 26, 2017 21:21

anyone in the business and more hotel? curious about the 'more'

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 27, 2017 16:41

RoughJusticeOnYa
RoughJusticeOnYa
Silver Dagger
Can any of our German friends help with telling me if the location of this hotel is easily within reach of the gig.

I don't want to be stuck in the middle of nowehere. If there are any other suggestions near the stadtmitte or where the concert is that would be great.

Many thanks

Silver Dagger

Thanks RoughJusticeOnYa - really appreciate it.

Date: June 27, 2017 18:31

Silver Dagger
RoughJusticeOnYa
RoughJusticeOnYa
Silver Dagger

I don't want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere. If there are any other suggestions near the stadtmitte or where the concert is that would be great.

Many thanks

Silver Dagger

Thanks RoughJusticeOnYa - really appreciate it.

You're welcome!

With Google Street View you can check out the local scenary;
it looks like a very nice hotel, in a really nice BUT very quiet neighbourhood.

From the looks of it, you'll be really far away from any kind of 'action' whatsoever.
I'm sorry to say, but it looks you reall WILL be "in the middle of nowhere" (as you've put it yourself).

I'm estimating the Sankt-Pauli area f.i. (the well-known, lively neighbourhood of Hamburg) to be 7 to 8 km's (at least 5 miles) from where you'd be staying.

The 'real' city centre of Hamburg (Rathaus etc.) would be 10 km's (7 miles) away.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: June 27, 2017 19:50

Hi Silver Dagger,

I've seen this discussion going on for some time. May I throw in my two pence at this point? I am from this town. My bet would always go for the accorhotels.com. A chain, though, but then again you know what you'll get. The basic Ibis Budget St Pauli Messe is right in the St Pauli red light and music club, theatre, restaurant, entertainment area. At shouting distance to the St Pauli U-Bahn stn. The (budget) Novotel Suites Hamburg City is located directly at the Lohmühlenstraße U-Bahn in the St Georg multi-cultural shopping, dining, entertainment quarter, that stretches for about a km to central train station. From both places you'll travel quick and easy and most conveniently by U-Bahn (tube) and/or S-Bahn train to the venue Stadtpark: (S-Bahn S1 to Alte Wöhr, or tube U-Bahn U3 to Saarlandstraße or Borgweg). For public transport info check: HVV.de.

Cheers - I am dead.flowers

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: June 29, 2017 00:16

I've been doing a bit of research and have ended up (by chance) having a hotel near the end of the S1 S-Bahn line, so links from airport to hotel and back to gig are very straightforward and cheap smiling smiley

deadflowers - Do you know what the Landwehr area is like as we are staying at Holiday Inn Express about 500m from station ? And are there any eating /drinking areas around the park venue ?

sc uk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-29 00:17 by straycatuk.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 29, 2017 10:29

I will be at the Heikotel Hotel am Stadtpark. Walking distance to the venue.

Date: June 29, 2017 13:39

dead.flowers
Hi Silver Dagger,

I've seen this discussion going on for some time. May I throw in my two pence at this point? I am from this town. My bet would always go for the accorhotels.com. A chain, though, but then again you know what you'll get. The basic Ibis Budget St Pauli Messe is right in the St Pauli red light and music club, theatre, restaurant, entertainment area. At shouting distance to the St Pauli U-Bahn stn. The (budget) Novotel Suites Hamburg City is located directly at the Lohmühlenstraße U-Bahn in the St Georg multi-cultural shopping, dining, entertainment quarter, that stretches for about a km to central train station. From both places you'll travel quick and easy and most conveniently by U-Bahn (tube) and/or S-Bahn train to the venue Stadtpark: (S-Bahn S1 to Alte Wöhr, or tube U-Bahn U3 to Saarlandstraße or Borgweg). For public transport info check: HVV.de.

Vielen dank dead.flowers. Ich werde jetzt suchen.

SD

Date: June 29, 2017 13:53

Silver Dagger
dead.flowers
Hi Silver Dagger,

SD

Just checked. Everything is sold out out for Sept 9. The search goes on. But must be hotel, not hostel.

Date: June 29, 2017 15:19

Silver Dagger
Silver Dagger
dead.flowers
Hi Silver Dagger,

SD

Just checked. Everything is sold out out for Sept 9. The search goes on. But must be hotel, not hostel.

Sehr gern, SD.

Under accorhotels.com you may as well check Hootel ibis budget Hamburg City Ost. That one is abt 6 min or 500 m footwalk from the Wandsbek Markt tube stn (U1) that takes you in 10 min to downtown (Hauptbahnhof/Central Train Stn) and Wandsbek markt bus port. Bus 261 will take you in 16 min to the venue (U-Saarlandstr tube stn). Wandsbek markt offers a big shopping center with a lot of restaurants and food stalls in there and around.

Cheers - dead.flowers

I want to say WANDSBEK MARKT is a tube stn combined with a big bus port to all directions of town.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-29 15:31 by dead.flowers.

Date: June 29, 2017 15:28

straycatuk
I've been doing a bit of research and have ended up (by chance) having a hotel near the end of the S1 S-Bahn line, so links from airport to hotel and back to gig are very straightforward and cheap smiling smiley

deadflowers - Do you know what the Landwehr area is like as we are staying at Holiday Inn Express about 500m from station ? And are there any eating /drinking areas around the park venue ?

sc uk

Hi sc uk, incidentally the Landwehr area is exactly my neighbourhood. You've done the right thing. S1 S-Bahn from Landwehr to Airport and vice versa is the most convenient thing cause the S-Bahn stn is just a few steps from the arrival and departure halls. In even direct vicinity (1 min and a half) to your Holiday Inn Express there is the Wartenau U1 tube stn (4 - 5 min to Lohmühlenstraße stn with St Georg quarter resp to central stn). And you can walk from your hotel in 3 min to the U3 Lübecker Straße tube stn from where U3 takes you to the venue (U-Saarlandstraße).

Rgds d.f

PS: Eating drinking area round the park / venue? No, not really. If there'll be and odd chips stand somewhere around, then image how they would cope with a crowd of 100,000. Better bring your own. At Landwehr S-Bahn there is a Döner (kebap) stall, and a bakery cafe, an Asia noodle joint and a Pizza place. Enjoy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-29 15:42 by dead.flowers.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 29, 2017 16:34

Here's a metro map that can be useful. The closest stop for the venue is probably Borgweg that you'll find on the yellow line in the middle of the map.

Date: June 29, 2017 17:10

And here's the link to Public Transport in and around Hamburg!

[www.hvv.de]

Welcome to the HVV!

The public transport association for travel in and around Hamburg.

Date: June 29, 2017 17:45

SD, I just ckecked. Ibis budget Hamburg City Ost two nights from 8th thru 10th Sep for max 3 persons excl breakfast is as of now EUR 142.50.

Standardzimmer
Max: x 3 Personen
Unsere modernen und komfortablen Nichtraucherzimmer bieten Schlafmöglichkeiten für max. 2 Erwachsene und 1 Kind unter 12 Jahren und sind mit einem französischen Bett, Etagenbett, Dusche, WC, Schreibtisch sowie Satelliten-TV ausgestattet.

I don't know about your personal standards, this one's quite basic but better than nothing. You may see for yourself.

Cordially

dead.flowers

Date: June 29, 2017 18:38

dead.flowers
SD, I just ckecked. Ibis budget Hamburg City Ost two nights from 8th thru 10th Sep for max 3 persons excl breakfast is as of now EUR 142.50.

Standardzimmer
Unsere modernen und komfortablen Nichtraucherzimmer bieten Schlafmöglichkeiten für max. 2 Erwachsene und 1 Kind unter 12 Jahren und sind mit einem französischen Bett, Etagenbett, Dusche, WC, Schreibtisch sowie Satelliten-TV ausgestattet.

I don't know about your personal standards, this one's quite basic but better than nothing. You may see for yourself.

Cordially

dead.flowers

That sounds great. Will look now df

Many thanks once again.

Date: June 29, 2017 18:51

dead.flowers

Standardzimmer

Cordially

dead.flowers

Just checked and they have no rooms. I am only there for one night not two - Saturday Sept 9. I tbelieve there is something else big happening in Hamburg that weekend which is why a lot of hotels have no rooms left.

Date: June 29, 2017 19:03

Silver Dagger
dead.flowers

Standardzimmer

Cordially

dead.flowers

Just checked and they have no rooms. I am only there for one night not two - Saturday Sept 9. I tbelieve there is something else big happening in Hamburg that weekend which is why a lot of hotels have no rooms left.

Yep, a 2 night minimum stay requirement for several places at this time.....

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 29, 2017 19:23

Silver Dagger
dead.flowers

Standardzimmer

Cordially

dead.flowers

[www.booking.com];

Top right, click on "Kartenansicht".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-29 19:26 by TooTough.

Date: June 29, 2017 19:26

TooTough
Silver Dagger
dead.flowers

Standardzimmer

Cordially

dead.flowers

[www.booking.com];

Schon ausverkauft fur Sept 9. (Ich brauche nur eine Nacht).

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 29, 2017 19:34

Silver Dagger
TooTough
Silver Dagger
dead.flowers

Standardzimmer

Cordially

dead.flowers

[www.booking.com];

Schon ausverkauft fur Sept 9. (Ich brauche nur eine Nacht).

Vielleicht hier:

[www.booking.com]

Date: June 29, 2017 20:25

OK, SD, Sir, well I tried and made a few phone calls to some hotels in town. On one hand, it's possible that one reason for the room shortage is that a bigger number of Stones fans alread booked their rooms for that one particular night. Additionally it happens that on that particular weekend the Hamburg Cruise Days are taking place, when there will be a big number of cruise ships calling at Hamburg Port at the same time, which is a regional tourist attraction. Therefore, maybe it will still be a bargain to book the Hotel ibis budget Hamburg City Ost for two nights at EUR 152.50 while actually using it for one night only. Cheers - d.f

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: June 29, 2017 23:10

Stones ticket... check!
Hostel room (Generator)... check!
Trainticket... check!

It looks I'm ready for Hamburg smiling smiley

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: June 29, 2017 23:11

dead flowers and others.

Thanks for the info. Very helpful smiling smiley

sc uk

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 30, 2017 00:23

ErwinH
Stones ticket... check!
Hostel room (Generator)... check!
Trainticket... check!

It looks I'm ready for Hamburg smiling smiley

Hi Erwin,

I'll be staying at the Generator if I make it to Hamburg. I've booked the plane from Stansted and trains to the airport but I found out today my Cataract Op is on 28th July! I should make it, just! I'll have to get a seat ticket I think. I've stayed at the Generator in Berlin, Copenhagen and Rome and I think they're excellent. Expensive for a hostel but clean with very good facilities.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 46

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1757
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home