Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Your favourite guitarists
Posted by: Han ()
Date: September 10, 2005 00:42

Jeff Beck
Brian May
Martin Taylor
Tony Iommi
Albert Lee
Chris Gallup
Hank Marvin

You might have to scrape me off the floor at the end of the tour, but it'll be really good scrapings. - Mick Jagger

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 10, 2005 02:37

rockroll Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Besides Keith and Mick Taylor,
>
> David Gilmour - Pink Floyd
> Robby Krieger - The Doors
> Elliott Easton - The Cars
>
> I think Krieger and Easton are two of the most
> underrated guitar players in rock.
>
> Gilmour is a genius.
>
>

Hey Guy. Your taste really sucks. I guess you must be deaf. Bobby Krieger? Was it the acid that made him a musical imbacle? he uses the same lines in EVERY song. Elliott Easton? yeah listen to the musical genius in the intro to Just What I Needed. Who thought of that a 4 year old? David Gilmore. This guy need a effects rack 20 feet high just to get a note to sound good. Gilmore is a genius? Thank Dickey Betts must be Jesus Christ himeself. Youa an idiot. Go get a hearing aid.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: September 10, 2005 03:19

by the way - I don't have the patience to go thru this entire thread - but did anyone even mention arguably the most important bluesrock guitar player of alltime - Michael Bloomfield? He wuz doing Henrix-like stuff years before anyone had heard of Jimi. He might just be my favorite axeman of alltime...can't believe I didn't mention him in the first place. Two shots for me for bad behavior....

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: September 10, 2005 03:33

Keith

David Grissom

Mick Taylor

Ronnie Wood

Buddy Guy

T-Bone Walker

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 10, 2005 06:42

LightningFlash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JUSTIN HAYWARD MOODY BLUES

Hayward is beyond fantastic, not only as guitarist but songwriter too. If you've never seen the Moodies live, do yourself a big favor and go.

There's a story I've heard told that Hayward was more or less "picked out of a hat"... like the Moodies were looking for a replacement guitarist and they threw names in a hat and picked him... anyone heard such a story?? The drummer was commenting what a stroke of luck that was to pick a guy of Haywards caliber by fluke luck.

Like Keith & Mick bumped into each other on a subway train and struck up a convo because one was carrying some blues albums if I recall...

And Mick Mars walked into a liquor store that Nikki Sixx was cashiering and that's how they met...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-10 06:51 by CreedenceLives.

Date: September 10, 2005 07:07

1) Keith
2) Jimmy H.
3) Mick Taylor
4) Neil Young
4) Chuck
5) Bian May
5) Mark Knoplfer
6) BB King
7) Warren Haynes/Dickey Betts
8) Jerrey Garcia
9) David Gilmor
10) Jimmy P.

Posted by: rockroll ()
Date: September 10, 2005 12:08

LightningFlash - kiss my ass

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: September 10, 2005 12:32

Brian May
Richie Sambora
Ronnie Wood
Preston Reed (avantgarde player)
Martin Taylor (jazz player)
Eddie Van Halen (but not always)
Eric Clapton
Lindsay Buckingham
Me
Chuck Berry

Sorry Keith........

Posted by: jss ()
Date: September 10, 2005 14:29

it seems that everyone has touched upon the standards...

joe strummer and mick jones- punk's answer to mick and keith, the first three clash album rock out

bob weir- next to keith one of the best rythmn players out there...he fills in the empty spaces left by garcia quite nicely, plus learned to play a decent slide guitar during the seventies and eighties...

rich robinson- another keith disciple who fills in the spaces of the blank crowes, plays nice and loud

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: September 10, 2005 14:38

The best I know of that nobody has heard of (btw...he's Clapton's fav. guitarits...but then again, I'm not really a Clapton fan outside of D & D and the Beano album) is Jesse Taylor. Kudos to anyone who knows who the hell I'm talking about!

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1980
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home