Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones European Tour 2017
Date: May 18, 2017 14:56

richardftc
How many gigs will you attend this tour?

How much money did you spend on No Filter tickets so far?

This year I will attend only 2 concerts: Amsterdam and Arnhem (I won't see the RS abroad this time). For both concerts I have ultimate pit tickets. As I go together with my son I spent over Euro 3000,- for 4 tickets, which is an awful lot of money...these current ticket prices are absolutely insane....

The Amsterdam and Arnhem gigs will be my 42nd and 43rd Rolling Stones concert. My first RS concert was on 5 June 1982 in Rotterdam...a long long time ago...time flies and it surely waits for no one.

Btw in 1982 I paid 20 NL Guilders (around Euro 10,-) for a FOS ticket...;-)

#43 Hamburg 149,00 €
#44 Paris 1 122,50 €
#45 Paris 2 122,50 €
#46 Paris 3 122,50 €
all tickets are what used to be Front of Stage and nowadays is called Silver Pit in Hamburg and Fosse Or in Paris
HAPPY,
Michael

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 18, 2017 14:58

Why Stones-No Filter Tour, why not The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour???
Is there any problem with rolling???
Charlie? Keith?
Why this reduction?
Heve they ever been advertised as "Stones"?

I think you have to be quiet famous to erase 50% of your name
and still everybody knows who you are - and buys tickets.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 18, 2017 14:59

richardftc
How many gigs will you attend this tour?

How much money did you spend on No Filter tickets so far?

just 200 Euros, i.e. Lucky Dip tickets for Hamburg, Munich and Dusseldorf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-18 15:19 by slewan.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 18, 2017 15:12

Oh God, I'm not counting the money I spent/will spend on this tour, lol.

It's only money. I like to spend mine on experiences, not material. Of course I'm privileged to be able to do it and afford it, not everyone can. I have no mortgage and no kids to support! =)

Gonna be doing 5 shows: Hamburg, Munich, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Paris #2. This is the longest tour/leg for me ever - I went to 4 shows in 2014, had a blast, but kicked myself for not having gone to Oslo, where I missed "Worried About You", one of my all-time favorite songs.

Coincidentally these 5 shows added to my all-time total will be shows 10-14! 14 on fire all over again...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-18 15:15 by Topi.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: May 18, 2017 15:58

I have got tickets for Barcelona, Paris 1 and Paris 2 so far... all Fosse Or/Pista A standing for face value...

Still toying with Amsterdam and Paris 3 - might just decide later if I want to bite the bullet on the secondary ticket market for them...

These will be shows 9, 10, and 11 for me at the 'old age' of 26! smiling smiley

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: May 18, 2017 16:09

latvianinexile
Third Paris show on 25 October

If there is a further show possible why not one in Germany too?
Or next year in addition to the UK Dates a revisit of the best selling markets?
Btw, No Filter: Will that be the title of the live Long Player that will be relased anyway after the tour or the title of the new material Long Player released before the tour?

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 18, 2017 16:28

JJHMick
latvianinexile

Btw, No Filter: Will that be the title of the live Long Player that will be relased anyway after the tour or the title of the new material Long Player released before the tour?

My bet: one more show between København and Dusseldorf maybe somewhere in Germany because tickets were sold quickly over there or another show in Holland?
But that's all. Max 15 show this year.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-18 16:36 by 1962.

Date: May 18, 2017 16:39

For next year my hope is: East-Europe 5-6 gigs and UK, Irland 4-5 gigs.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 18, 2017 16:47

JJHMick
latvianinexile

My bet: one more show between København and Dusseldorf maybe somewhere in Germany because tickets were sold quickly over there or another show in Holland?

My guess is, we get another show in Amsterdam !
Jeroen

Posted by: thorgal34 ()
Date: May 18, 2017 16:49

Do You think They Can sell 5-6 gigs in East-Europe with prices from West-Europe? For example German prices...
No matter where I hope to see Them again in 2018 smiling smiley

Date: May 18, 2017 16:49

corriecas
JJHMick
latvianinexile

Jeroen

maybe, why not

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-18 16:50 by 1962.

Date: May 18, 2017 16:52

thorgal34

Do You think They Can sell 5-6 gigs in East-Europe with prices from West-Europe? For example German prices...
No matter where I hope to see Them again in 2018 smiling smiley

They would be cheeper in East Europe (-20-30%), but more expensive in the UK, especially in London (+25%)

Date: May 18, 2017 16:55

corriecas

Jeroen

Ziggodome!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: May 18, 2017 17:32

See you all for the three shows in Paris!! Section 117 for the first show and the Pit for the last two - so excited. One day I have to count the shows I have been too, but it's somewhere between 70 and 80 now!

Get to see my family in England too in between all the shows. Great hotel right next to the venue called Citizen M. Not even a road to cross to get to the U Arena.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: May 18, 2017 17:41

Maybe not 5-6, but 3-4 is likely. 80-100.000 venues, relative low prices I'd guess. Germany Stuttgart or Frankfurt and/or Berlin?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-18 20:52 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: May 18, 2017 17:44

Based on the number of new seats on sale for Zurich the sales are not going very well. Look at the seating chart availability today. There are great seats and standing tickets almost everywhere, way more than last week.

[www.ticketcorner.ch]

Date: May 18, 2017 18:00

ron091
Based on the number of new seats on sale for Zurich the sales are not going very well. Look at the seating chart availability today. There are great seats and standing tickets almost everywhere, way more than last week.

[www.ticketcorner.ch]

Germany and Holland sold very well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-18 18:00 by 1962.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 18, 2017 18:12

GJB
I have got tickets for Barcelona, Paris 1 and Paris 2 so far... all Fosse Or/Pista A standing for face value...

Still toying with Amsterdam and Paris 3 - might just decide later if I want to bite the bullet on the secondary ticket market for them...

These will be shows 9, 10, and 11 for me at the 'old age' of 26! smiling smiley

I don't think u will need to go to the secondary market to get tix for these shows, more will drop over time. Or just wait til close to show day when tickets through the primary and secondary markets will likely go down in price. I mean, if u r going to be in Paris anyway, u might as well go to all three.

plexi

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: May 18, 2017 19:03

Exactly what I was thinking regard Paris.. it would almost be rude to not stick around for show 3...

I keep looking at the Pit Ticket VIP packages but can't quite bring myself to drop that much on it... maybe give a few months and decide then!

Date: May 18, 2017 19:06

Too rude not to stick around, but I had my return flight booked for the 24th before they announced the 3rd date! Had to jump on the offer too. But it's all good.

Date: May 18, 2017 19:07

Why Stones-No Filter Tour, why not The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour???

yeah, that's why the tickets are so cheap this time (half the name, half the price)

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: May 18, 2017 20:50

i am asking myself how will it be in Germany , The no filter pit are standing, besides are seated places, how will they watch the stage, if standing people are in front of them?

Date: May 18, 2017 21:18

thomas guitar
i am asking myself how will it be in Germany , The no filter pit are standing, besides are seated places, how will they watch the stage, if standing people are in front of them?

A raised, seated pit?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 18, 2017 21:44

For every tour The Rolling Stones are doing these days, their long time fans get older, with more money, some even retired with cash in the bank available for spending. Every tour every year the demand is higher than the supply. They do only perform some 14 shows per year, in front of some 750,000 fans in the world. More and more fans travel, more and more fans do not see one show, but several shows. Needless to say, every year ticket prices are going up.

Also, the fans do know the clock is ticking. There will not be many more "European Tours". May be this is the last one. May be they do UK 2018. Or may be they finish where it all began in oct/Nov 2012 - in Paris.

I do still remember the one show I planned to go to, but never went to. My "lost" show. It was at the end of the 1982 tour, 35 years ago. I had seen them a few times during the summer. I wanted to go to the show in Leeds UK, but I did not go. For several reasons. I was broke with a wife (still my wife) and three children under the age of six. For years I had big regrets. After that I never planned for any shows unless I was 100% sure I could go. It is so sad to plan for a show and feel the show in your mind and see it spilling away, only to read the reports about how great it was.

"Only the lost is eternally owned" is a translation of the text "Evig eies kun det tapte", quote from Brand by the Norwegian writer Henrik Ibsen. This text has been with me in life all the years, and it is clear to me at all times. I have few guidelines in life, including "No regrets" and "Only the lost is eternally owned".

Bjornulf

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: May 18, 2017 21:49

Absolutely, for all of us, whichever gig we go to from now on has to be our personal "No Regrets" tour.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 18, 2017 21:54

Bjornulf, I enjoy your stories, thank you.
And you are doing one heckof a job selling me on another show
but no can do, brother. I hope to meet you. Bonjour :-)

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 18, 2017 22:19

I had been at peace with the thoughts of my last show being Buffalo, NY Zip Code.
But I sure do love this band, so...

I'm taking my daughter for a combo-birthday trip to Austria.
Look for us in the No Filter Pit on the No Regrets Tour!

Date: May 18, 2017 22:46

DandelionPowderman
thomas guitar

A raised, seated pit?

if they raise the seats behind the pit, they'll obstruct the view of the odrinary people in the GA area…

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 18, 2017 22:46

Can't believe I have been to a concert ( Leeds ) that BV did not go to. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out>grinning smiley<hot smiley

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: May 18, 2017 22:47

bv
I do still remember the one show I planned to go to, but never went to. My "lost" show. ................ It is so sad to plan for a show and feel the show in your mind and see it spilling away, only to read the reports about how great it was.

I had some simular experience with the show in 2014 Berlin Waldbuhne. I had a ticket FOS, booked a flight from Dusseldorf to Berlin on showday, booked a hotel, booked an outboundflight from Berlin to Paris for the Stade de France show later that week, and after the Paris show I would fly back to Dusseldorf. Boy, I was excited!!!!
And then suddenly the night before my departure to Berlin there was an big thunderstorm. The next day many roads to the airport of Dusseldorf were blocked and full of traffic. An hour drive turned out to be a three hours drive to the airport. I arrived exactly on the time my airplane left. Tried to book a later flight, but the available flights were to late for showstart.
And still now if I read somewhere sometime how good Waldbuhne was, I feel terrible. Later that week I made it to Paris, but it couldn't wipe out the dissappointment of missing Waldbuhne.
From then on I promised myself that someday I will catch up this missing show, and now I know it will be in Paris this year, IN THE PIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE NO REGRET SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 82

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1803
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home