Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7273747576777879808182Next
Current Page: 80 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter European Tour 2017
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 14, 2017 08:00

It was ridiculous trying to get in the venue. Security seemed to be playing games telling women to cut across the crowd to move way over to the right. In the mean time nobody was getting in and there was a very long queue. Once I made it past that I had to wait to get into the seating and pit area. Just a lot of people standing in the way blocking it. There should have been a separated entrance for this, by this time the first band was on in 5 minutes. But yeah the toilets and drinks in that area were okay during Miss You I managed that fairly easy. But before the concert I wouldn't of tried. Then one exit leaving caused a human traffic jam. Some people broke down a fence out of frustration. By then I got out and waited awhile to leave. Anyone that had a good experience were lucky in my opinion.

Date: October 14, 2017 10:06

Wow or you would be extremely unlucky.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: October 14, 2017 11:11

In Stockholm the security at the last check before Främre Standing did not know which tickets are valid for which section. Stupid and unprofessional! They stopped us. But they could stop us only for a short time - never try to stop Stones fans with valid tickets on their way to the front....grinning smiley

Date: October 15, 2017 02:40

I am not the one who complains if anything goes wrong organizationwise, as long as I can enjoy the show. But concerning Düsseldorf I would like to share some impressions I did not like at all and in fact it was ridiculous and ruining the atmosphere - may be someone noticed it as well:

Local securities seemed to be overdoing their job, not noticing that the band likes an enthusiastic audience in the front. In the seated section it was only allowed to stand up from your seat, but not take a step beside for moving or dancing etc...they didn´t even allow to put my flag on the rail. They also had staff with <steward> on their shirts, running around amoung the audience, but they didn´t serve anything, the only thing they did, was to tell people not to step away one meter from their seat. This was more than ridiculous and for me it ruined the show and killed the atmosphere. I even had an argument with them because I was not allowed to dance beside my seat, me not bothering anybody with a lot of room around near the front - they had been so unfriendly that I feared I get in trouble and they might throw me out. I wasn´t rude but only enthusiastic for the band and I payed a lot of money for a seat in the front on the sideway, which was something less than a good front of stage place in former times. But it´s not about the money, it´s about ignorating that the atmosphere on a Stones show corresponds to the re- action of the audience to the band - and they are ruining it with their stupid local security behaviour.

Anyway, I had the luck that some professional Rolling Stones staff person recognized my enthusiastic behaviour (which local security did bother) and I could enjoy the 2.half of the show in the Pit - THANK YOU....I was so overwhelmed!!

And I hope that someone from the organization of the local promoter reads this, how bad and unprofessional they did their job. It is a shame!

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-15 03:01 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 15, 2017 10:24

ThroughTheLonelyNights
professional Rolling Stones staff person recognized my enthusiastic behaviour (which local security did bother) and I could enjoy the 2.half of the show in the Pit

Lucky you

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 15, 2017 10:30

Stewards in Lucca were very irritating.nobody knew where the entrance was where we could go with our Lucky dip tickets.walked around for nearly 2 hours before ee found the Prato B entrance.
Concert and italians were great.
Jeroen

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 15, 2017 11:32

in Düsseldorf the stewards/security people outside the venue had no clue where which entrance was, let alone the Lucky Dip ticket collection point.

Plus: signs are still waiting to be invented at Düsseldorf Esprit arena! (or at least: they are so small that they are easily overseen)

Date: October 15, 2017 12:59

As i thoughy hamburg was great it indeed looked as they organised an event for the first the in dusseldorf. Horrible signing, esp the lucky dip point

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 15, 2017 23:52

Thank you very much to all involved presenting information,updates,pictures,whatever during this tour.

Date: October 16, 2017 21:18

The best croud managment I saw was in the Netherlands (both shows). Big signs for queuing at the right place, fast check, less than ten minutes leaving the arena from 1st row in the section premium standing,about five minutes leaving the parking site and driving home. Well done.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: October 16, 2017 23:11

MAF
The best croud managment I saw was in the Netherlands (both shows). Big signs for queuing at the right place, fast check, less than ten minutes leaving the arena from 1st row in the section premium standing,about five minutes leaving the parking site and driving home. Well done.

LOL! Well, we were not at Gelre parking but some 2 km. away and cars stood for 15, 20 minutes and could not move an inch out of the parking house. I thought we were stuck. At some point, we all just drove back against the way for some 100 meters and left the situation swiftly, hehehe ... grinning smiley

Date: October 17, 2017 00:49

waterrats
MAF

LOL! Well, we were not at Gelre parking but some 2 km. away and cars stood for 15, 20 minutes and could not move an inch out of the parking house. I thought we were stuck. At some point, we all just drove back against the way for some 100 meters and left the situation swiftly, hehehe ... grinning smiley
I was not at the Gelredome parking but at Decathlon Rijnhal/Zwembad. I came early and it was for free.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: October 17, 2017 02:16

Parking at the Gelderdome was not THAT good! Especialy when leaving the place!
Everyone was driving, walking, cycling across each other after the concert, it was one big chaos. There were only two or three stewards left and that were very old guys, whom nobody seem to listening to. Where were all the other stewards gone to?

Date: October 17, 2017 11:43

GJV
Everyone was driving, walking, cycling across each other after the concert, it was one big chaos.
Yep, I saw that leaving the Dome. But I thought this chaos wouldn't last that long.

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: October 17, 2017 13:43

Stochkholm offered free drinking water, which I though was very hospitable.
Amsterdam Had a girl selling water by the bottle in the pit, accepting cards. It is very convienient not having to leave your hard fought spot at the rail. :-)

Posted by: latcho ()
Date: October 17, 2017 17:13

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Wow or you would be extremely unlucky.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-17 17:15 by latcho.

Posted by: latcho ()
Date: October 17, 2017 17:17

MAF
In Stockholm the security at the last check before Främre Standing did not know which tickets are valid for which section. Stupid and unprofessional! They stopped us. But they could stop us only for a short time - never try to stop Stones fans with valid tickets on their way to the front....grinning smiley
Security in Arnhem was very badly organized ! when thay opened the keith pit, things got out of controle, one security guy grasped a woman by her tits, and she smashed him right in the face, good punch !!! and well deserved !!! @#$%& !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-17 17:18 by latcho.

Posted by: Jos ()
Date: October 17, 2017 17:53

I was sitting just above the keith pit and watched the whole sordid thing unfold. Missed out the lady punch though. Very amateurish security crew and all over really annoying. Actually surprised that it didnt result in a fight. Apart from this, security seemed alright.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-17 17:55 by Jos.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: October 17, 2017 17:58

MAF
GJV
Everyone was driving, walking, cycling across each other after the concert, it was one big chaos.
Yep, I saw that leaving the Dome. But I thought this chaos wouldn't last that long.

It was a chaos after the show! GUARANTTEE Parkeerticket was only for parking good. Leaving was s....

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: October 17, 2017 18:39

satisfaction2
MAF
GJV

It was a chaos after the show! GUARANTTEE Parkeerticket was only for parking good. Leaving was s....

Leaving went smoothly for me. I just don't like having to take a bus to my car. But I got on a waiting bus and it left when I got on. And other busses were already waiting.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 17, 2017 20:41

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: October 17, 2017 21:21

Cristiano Radtke
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

...with the doctor finding 'a supernova burning away on my left lung,' as the singer described.

Probably a piece written by a Gimme Some Neck fan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-17 21:22 by BowieStone.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 17, 2017 23:40

Go Ronnie go!

Date: October 18, 2017 00:47

<<...one security guy grasped a woman by her tits, and she smashed him right in the face, good punch !!! and well deserved !!! @#$%& !!>>

Stupid, ignorant, macho security - Well done, brave woman!! thumbs upspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-18 00:55 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: October 18, 2017 16:40

Review

Bjornulf was so kind to post my review of this fantastic show on his European Tour 2017 page. And I think, I should also post it here, as Arnhem was just discussed here. Hope you don't mind... allright so here goes...

What can I say!! It was a phenomenal show! Came back at night at 2 in the morning, slept for 4.5 hours and off to work. Well,compared to Düsseldorf, this show was more intense, I feel. That might be subjective sind it was the second and last show for me on this tour, but at least concerning the crowd, this holds true! People were really enthusiastic and cheerful, even in the back where we had lucky dips tickets for general standing. I choose to stay in the back, because in Düsseldorf, the echoes in the middle of the field were really heavy. So, for me and my son, this show was better also soundwise.

And the band - folks, just incredible! One of the highlights for me clearly was Keith's ballad, Slipping Away - he sang this with so much intensity, seriousness and sincerety that it was a sight&sound to behold forever. It brought tears to my eyes. Midnight Rambler was particularly and beautifully mean this time. This song for me is some kind of inner sanctum of this band - it's the Stones at their best! The two blues songs from Blue&Lonesome are fixed into the setlist and quite rightly so - 2 x very tight, 3.20 minutes of superb Blues numbers, excellenty interpreted - with greetings from the heart & soul of The Rolling Stones! Then we got Dancin' With Mr. D and She's So Cold. Again, very intense and rocking, particularly She's So Cold. Mick was unbelievable and very into it. Of course ha always is, but several times this evening I thought that he was more than 100% committed - he really was into it! The last 6 songs were just one punch in the face topping the other. I can't think of any other band playing Rock'n'Roll with this sheer intesity, force, competence and joy that The Rolling Stones. Period.

One word about virtuosity: I don't go to a Stones gig and expect them to play flawlessly. Rock'n'Roll is not really about beauty and harmony. Funny enough, just because this band plays almost without exeption at the edge of catastrophy - this music only then really becomes alive. And this is one of the most difficult things a musician can try to establish during playing live. It's exactly what the Stones are doing since more than 55 years! I'm so proud to be their fan! And how lucky have we been for @#$%& 55 years? What a band!

Posted by: jacollini ()
Date: October 18, 2017 22:26

Hi there,

Is there anybody from Poland who is going to any of Paris shows? I got some question to you :-)

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 19, 2017 00:28

Quote :

One word about virtuosity: I don't go to a Stones gig and expect them to play flawlessly. Rock'n'Roll is not really about beauty and harmony. Funny enough, just because this band plays almost without exeption at the edge of catastrophy - this music only then really becomes alive. And this is one of the most difficult things a musician can try to establish during playing live. It's exactly what the Stones are doing since more than 55 years! I'm so proud to be their fan! And how lucky have we been for @#$%& 55 years? What a band!

Wise words waterrats - Thank you !

sc uk

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 19, 2017 00:55

As you might expect, some nice photos of Ronnie and Sally in the press, getting out and about between shows.
Any sightings of the others?
Or are they all midnight ramblers.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 19, 2017 01:14

Ronnie would make a great actor in an action film...I could see him as either the hero or the villain!

Cristiano Radtke

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: novica ()
Date: October 19, 2017 09:54

waterrats
Review

Bjornulf was so kind to post my review of this fantastic show on his European Tour 2017 page. And I think, I should also post it here, as Arnhem was just discussed here. Hope you don't mind... allright so here goes...

What can I say!! It was a phenomenal show! Came back at night at 2 in the morning, slept for 4.5 hours and off to work. Well,compared to Düsseldorf, this show was more intense, I feel. That might be subjective sind it was the second and last show for me on this tour, but at least concerning the crowd, this holds true! People were really enthusiastic and cheerful, even in the back where we had lucky dips tickets for general standing. I choose to stay in the back, because in Düsseldorf, the echoes in the middle of the field were really heavy. So, for me and my son, this show was better also soundwise.

And the band - folks, just incredible! One of the highlights for me clearly was Keith's ballad, Slipping Away - he sang this with so much intensity, seriousness and sincerety that it was a sight&sound to behold forever. It brought tears to my eyes. Midnight Rambler was particularly and beautifully mean this time. This song for me is some kind of inner sanctum of this band - it's the Stones at their best! The two blues songs from Blue&Lonesome are fixed into the setlist and quite rightly so - 2 x very tight, 3.20 minutes of superb Blues numbers, excellenty interpreted - with greetings from the heart & soul of The Rolling Stones! Then we got Dancin' With Mr. D and She's So Cold. Again, very intense and rocking, particularly She's So Cold. Mick was unbelievable and very into it. Of course ha always is, but several times this evening I thought that he was more than 100% committed - he really was into it! The last 6 songs were just one punch in the face topping the other. I can't think of any other band playing Rock'n'Roll with this sheer intesity, force, competence and joy that The Rolling Stones. Period.

AMEN BROTHER !!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7273747576777879808182Next
Current Page: 80 of 82

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2097
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home