Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7172737475767778798081...LastNext
Current Page: 76 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter European Tour 2017
Posted by: Ya-Yas ()
Date: September 16, 2017 13:41

TE
Anyone got a link to buy Der Spiegel online...
Wanted to buy one on the way home, but stuck in Security. Lost the shopping time...

TE
Oslo

TE, here you go:
[www.amazon.de]

Matti from Finland

Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: September 16, 2017 14:02

DandelionPowderman
RawIguanaCologne
DandelionPowderman
Everything counts.

...in large amounts.

Hey, you play REAL drums! winking smiley

GOSH! How do you know???

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: TE ()
Date: September 16, 2017 14:13

Ya-Yas
TE
Wanted to buy one on the way home, but stuck in Security. Lost the shopping time...

TE
Oslo

TE, here you go:
[www.amazon.de]

Matti from Finland

Hey, thanks Matti!!!

TE
Oslo

Date: September 16, 2017 14:41

Hairball
Question regarding Dancing With Mr.D.

While I've always enjoyed the studio version (and all of the live '73 versions), it seems in the past the song has been bashed and ridiculed by a majority of members here. (I tried finding the original track talk thread but to no avail). Now it's being hailed as a long lost gem and has become one of the most, if not the most, talked about highlights of the current tour. Is this due to the fact that it hasn't been played since the '73 and fans are overjoyed to hear anything out of the norm? Or is it because when played live it's exceptionally better than the original studio version, or even the live '73 versions? Having only heard a few video clips, it doesn't quite sound as good as the original (and nowhere near those '73 versions). That said, there aren't really any Stones tunes I prefer live over the master studio versions - Midnight Rambler is the exception when it's played right. And none of the the Mick Taylor era live tunes have been bettered with Ronnie playing his parts - but maybe that's just me. So why all of the sudden all the praise and worship for this long neglected tune?

Never thought about this track too much, and I have to admit, for a long time I thought , this is quite brave to start an album with such a kinda number. The way they play it now makes totally sense to me: Keith can do the riff and stay relaxed and in a kinda comfort zone. I think Mick sings it extremely great, it´s something else. All the weirdness, it´s all in there still! I´m glad they do it every night (hopefully!), and yeah, this took me by surprise!!

Date: September 16, 2017 16:07

RawIguanaCologne
DandelionPowderman
RawIguanaCologne
DandelionPowderman
Everything counts.

...in large amounts.

Hey, you play REAL drums! winking smiley

GOSH! How do you know???

[www.youtube.com]

Well have been in touch about playing before smiling smiley

Posted by: Ya-Yas ()
Date: September 16, 2017 17:22

TE
Ya-Yas
TE

TE
Oslo

TE, here you go:
[www.amazon.de]

Matti from Finland

Hey, thanks Matti!!!

You´re welcome smileys with beer!

Matti

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 16, 2017 19:11

RawIguanaCologne
Hairball

While I've always enjoyed the studio version (and all of the live '73 versions), it seems in the past the song has been bashed and ridiculed by a majority of members here. (I tried finding the original track talk thread but to no avail). Now it's being hailed as a long lost gem and has become one of the most, if not the most, talked about highlights of the current tour. Is this due to the fact that it hasn't been played since the '73 and fans are overjoyed to hear anything out of the norm? Or is it because when played live it's exceptionally better than the original studio version, or even the live '73 versions? Having only heard a few video clips, it doesn't quite sound as good as the original (and nowhere near those '73 versions). That said, there aren't really any Stones tunes I prefer live over the master studio versions - Midnight Rambler is the exception when it's played right. And none of the the Mick Taylor era live tunes have been bettered with Ronnie playing his parts - but maybe that's just me. So why all of the sudden all the praise and worship for this long neglected tune?

Never thought about this track too much, and I have to admit, for a long time I thought , this is quite brave to start an album with such a kinda number. The way they play it now makes totally sense to me: Keith can do the riff and stay relaxed and in a kinda comfort zone. I think Mick sings it extremely great, it´s something else. All the weirdness, it´s all in there still! I´m glad they do it every night (hopefully!), and yeah, this took me by surprise!!

It's interesting that the most talked about track of the new tour (or at least it seems to be), and what some are considering a major highlight, is a track that's 45 years old. A long neglected tune that was pretty much dead, and one that never received much praise. I think it's great it's been revived from the dead and given a new life, as I always thought it was a good one musically - some of the lyrics might be a bit silly though.

Date: September 16, 2017 19:55

Hairball
RawIguanaCologne
Hairball

It's interesting that the most talked about track of the new tour (or at least it seems to be), and what some are considering a major highlight, is a track that's 45 years old. A long neglected tune that was pretty much dead, and one that never received much praise. I think it's great it's been revived from the dead and given a new life, as I always thought it was a good one musically - some of the lyrics might be a bit silly though.

Having listened to the 2 live versions now, I´m almost sure that this is a kinda key track inside the actual set - comfortable to play, under mid tempo, giving the whole band a chance after the 1st third to come down and focus. but with everybody giving what they have. I´m pretty sure they use DANCING WITH MR D the way they do on total purpose.

Date: September 16, 2017 19:58

I remember very well. Hope you are doing fine! maybe see ya at one of the shows?

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: September 16, 2017 20:00

RawIguanaCologne
Hairball
RawIguanaCologne
Hairball

Having listened to the 2 live versions now, I´m almost sure that this is a kinda key track inside the actual set - comfortable to play, under mid tempo, giving the whole band a chance after the 1st third to come down and focus. but with everybody giving what they have. I´m pretty sure they use DANCING WITH MR D the way they do on total purpose.

I was never a major fan of either the album version of DWMD or the 73 live version, but I think that it sounds great live now - it was so cool to see them play it in Hamburg. I really like the way Mick sings it - he seems to be really enjoying it - and the backing vocals are great too. Actually, Speaking of backing vocals, I think Sasha has settled in really well and she is singing great.

Date: September 16, 2017 20:15

I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES FOR WHAT WERE -

AND I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES FOR WHAT THEY ARE HERE AND NOW.

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: September 17, 2017 01:13

RawIguanaCologne

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 17, 2017 01:14

GeorgV
RawIguanaCologne

Yes!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 17, 2017 01:38

Cristiano Radtke
GeorgV
RawIguanaCologne

Yes!

smileys with beer

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 17, 2017 01:40

Rolling Hansie
Cristiano Radtke
GeorgV
RawIguanaCologne

Yes!

smileys with beer
THIS.. thumbs up

Date: September 17, 2017 02:11

Quote: Having listened to the 2 live versions now, I´m almost sure that this is a kinda key track inside the actual set - comfortable to play, under mid tempo, giving the whole band a chance after the 1st third to come down and focus. but with everybody giving what they have. I´m pretty sure they use DANCING WITH MR D the way they do on total purpose.

Oh, I´m afraid I pushed my luck as they skipped MR D tonight!!!

Let´s hope it was due to delay... I would be SOOO fine with UMT, Mr D AND Play With Fire....

Enjoy the tour, folks.

Btw, to me the "Old" Keef of today...I like him. I like the way he simplyfies, the lower tempi - it´s what he´s doing nowadays - AND I THINK IT SUITS HIM VERY, VERY WELL!!!!

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: September 17, 2017 05:47

Great pic of Keith:
[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: September 17, 2017 08:30

MisterDDDD
Rolling Hansie
Cristiano Radtke
GeorgV
RawIguanaCologne

Yes!

smileys with beer
THIS.. thumbs up

+1 thumbs up

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: September 17, 2017 17:15

Standard operational Bullshit: They started the tour with 22 songs third show in already down to 20. Where will it stop?
Of course they had to drop one that has been on my live bucket list for ever Mr.D and one Of my all time favorite live songs Out of Control.

Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: September 17, 2017 17:28

In the air again...

RS Air

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 17, 2017 17:48

MisterDDDD
Rolling Hansie
Cristiano Radtke
GeorgV
RawIguanaCologne

Yes!

smileys with beer
THIS.. thumbs up
thumbs upsmileys with beer
Jeroen

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 17, 2017 19:20

corriecas
MisterDDDD
Rolling Hansie
Cristiano Radtke
GeorgV
RawIguanaCologne

Yes!

smileys with beer
THIS.. thumbs up
thumbs upsmileys with beer
Jeroen

Still scrapping the shit right off my shoes from last night
thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 17, 2017 20:28

The European tour is doing the job on selling Stones product:

Germany
#71 Havanna Moon (re-entry)
#75 Blue and Lonesome (re-entry)

Austria
#66 Blue and Lonesome (last week)

This morning, the Stones are all over the Austrian Itunes/Spotify chart, so we can expect big jumps/entries by next week:

iTunes:
33. Sympathy For the Devil
47. Start Me Up
55. She's a Rainbow
64. Paint It Black
71. You Can't Always Get What You Want
93. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
101. She's a Rainbow
137. Gimme Shelter
144. Miss You
191. Honky Tonk Women

Spotify:
195. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (1,957 spins)

iTunes Albums:
7. Jump Back - The Best of the Rolling Stones '71 - '93
16. Blue & Lonesome
24. The Rolling Stones Singles Collection: The London Years
25. Havana Moon
48. Hot Rocks 1964-1971

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 17, 2017 21:05

georgelicks

Germany
#71 Havanna Moon (re-entry)
#75 Blue and Lonesome (re-entry)

Probably because the 'Havanna Moon' Blu-ray is now available for only € 6.99 - [www.MediaMarkt.de] , [www.Amazon.de] , [www.Dodax.de] .

Also only € 6.99 now for the CD of 'Blue and Lonesome' - [www.MediaMarkt.de] , [www.Amazon.de] , [www.jpc.de] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-17 21:10 by Irix.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 19, 2017 19:00

To Whom It May Concern:
RS Event Travel Package
Thank you for assuring me today
I need not be trying to print, verify, testify in French
All I need to do is wait for a package that will include a map (brilliant)
For novice travelers and yes, we are out here,
and those like me who for a myriad of reasons
cannot look too closely
good job so far

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-19 22:25 by 35love.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 19, 2017 22:11

Flying to Lucca tomorrow morning from Amsterdam.
Will stay in a village close to Lucca for a week.
planning to go and see the tribute band on Friday, and another band on Saturday....
jeroen

The best thing about the new stage design...
Posted by: syrel ()
Date: September 16, 2017 18:21

...is that it frequently looks like a giant Keith or Ronnie is about to stamp on a teeny little Chuck Leavall and crush him. It made me laugh several times in Munich. If only it was an accurate metaphor.

(sorry if someone has already mentioned this in the longer threads, I havent had chance to keep up).

syrel

Re: The best thing about the new stage design...
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 20, 2017 20:09

Re: The best thing about the new stage design is...
syrel
...is that it frequently looks like a giant Keith or Ronnie is about to stamp on a teeny little Chuck Leavall and crush him. It made me laugh several times in Munich. If only it was an accurate metaphor.

(sorry if someone has already mentioned this in the longer threads, I havent had chance to keep up).

*They haven't (that I've read) so that funny joke about the screens and images is yours cool smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-20 20:12 by 35love.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: September 22, 2017 03:38

I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on why we haven't had any out and out ballads by Mick this tour...

I know we had Play with Fire (Ballad I guess) and Beast of Burden (not really a ballad how its played), but normally every night they play one - It seemed like at one point (Ole, Ole, Ole tour and others) Wild Horses and Angie were pretty much on rotate...

Not that I am complaining, I am not in any rush to hear those two songs again, but I wondered are they avoiding them to protect Micks voice (on ballads the music is quieter and so his voice is more 'on display') or is it just for a change?

PS if they do play a ballad - Worried about you, shine a light or no expectations - seem a great place to start

Date: September 22, 2017 17:05

GJB
I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on why we haven't had any out and out ballads by Mick this tour...

I know we had Play with Fire (Ballad I guess) and Beast of Burden (not really a ballad how its played), but normally every night they play one - It seemed like at one point (Ole, Ole, Ole tour and others) Wild Horses and Angie were pretty much on rotate...

Not that I am complaining, I am not in any rush to hear those two songs again, but I wondered are they avoiding them to protect Micks voice (on ballads the music is quieter and so his voice is more 'on display') or is it just for a change?

PS if they do play a ballad - Worried about you, shine a light or no expectations - seem a great place to start

Play With Fire is a ballad, while Worried About You and Shine A Light aren't really ballads. But by all means, they should be played!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7172737475767778798081...LastNext
Current Page: 76 of 82

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1781
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home