Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6970717273747576777879...LastNext
Current Page: 74 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter European Tour 2017
Posted by: JJackFlash8962 ()
Date: September 10, 2017 17:22

[www.flightradar24.com]

The journey continues

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 10, 2017 17:46

the stage is designed by Stufish

great pictures on their FB-page

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: September 10, 2017 19:27

I thought the stage design was great. The screens were impressive, the shape and the positioning of the strip of lights on each screen really making them resemble smartphones. In that sense, it really is one of the cleverest stage designs in the Stones' history, physically embodying the 'No Filter' tour name (filters, of course, being effects applied to photographs on Instagram, an app most commonly used on smartphones).

A shame, then, that despite the promise of no filter(s), filters were in fact very common, particularly, from what I have seen, during 'Sympathy', 'Play With Fire', 'Miss You' and 'Jumpin' Jack Flash'; the filter applied to the screen footage during the lattermost number rendering it virtually unwatchable.

Has anyone any thoughts on this? An ironic juxtaposition between tour name and onstage visuals? Or maybe in 2017, concertgoers expect an array of effects. Personally, they gave me a headache.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 10, 2017 20:06

Lien

[www.facebook.com]

Great find! This is actually very interesting - it shows, that from the concept, there are two layouts of the No Filter Pit - with one central catwalk and with two catwalks on both sides. My guess is, that for some shows (possibly where there are no seats on the floor) we will get the "real" pit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-10 20:08 by Happy24.

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: September 11, 2017 10:20

In the run of this tour, not everybody will like everything he or she gets to see or hear. And they will write about that in this forum. In my opinion that has not necessarily to do with a “bashing” of any kind. I will not take part in posting mean things towards my favourite band. I don´t mean to bore you, but that is important to me.

That said, the Hamburg-gig was simply amazing. Nothing short of it. And it had it´s special moments, i.e. solos starting on an unusual fret of Mr Richards guitar´s fingerboard. That´s not bashing. That is being there with all senses instead of just “being there (and being seen)”. I said it before, SFTD is a brilliant opener – just as many other songs would be. The first sound you wanna hear in a Stones concert is not necessarily a drumloop – or Chuck L. Great start anyway. Maybe even here a slightly slower version would even improve the groove – again just my five cents. SMU was my favourite, but so what – again no bashing.
Everybody changes, thank god. I start really liking Mick Jagger (after already having spent thousands of Euros over the years in order to hear “his” band)! He is so g r e a t! Same with the man from “Straight Outta Dartford”. The Man. No more words needed. Ronnie changes as well, he´s going through the roof. Mr Watts is the “Roll” in R n´R, the center that seems to hold everything together. Even in red socks, sharped dressed Charles.

Just because I am not one of those who would drink the water the Rolling Stones take a bath in, doesn´t mean I don´t love what they do! I do love all they do, especially on stage. And after Hamburg I´m sure we have a lot to expect. Get ´em while you can.

See you tomorrow in MUC – and take care everybody. (today´s a cruel date for me, all my love goes to Manhattan today)

Cheers, Fillmore

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: September 11, 2017 11:35

Fillmore
In the run of this tour, not everybody will like everything he or she gets to see or hear. And they will write about that in this forum. In my opinion that has not necessarily to do with a “bashing” of any kind. I will not take part in posting mean things towards my favourite band. I don´t mean to bore you, but that is important to me.

That said, the Hamburg-gig was simply amazing. Nothing short of it. And it had it´s special moments, i.e. solos starting on an unusual fret of Mr Richards guitar´s fingerboard. That´s not bashing. That is being there with all senses instead of just “being there (and being seen)”. I said it before, SFTD is a brilliant opener – just as many other songs would be. The first sound you wanna hear in a Stones concert is not necessarily a drumloop – or Chuck L. Great start anyway. Maybe even here a slightly slower version would even improve the groove – again just my five cents. SMU was my favourite, but so what – again no bashing.
Everybody changes, thank god. I start really liking Mick Jagger (after already having spent thousands of Euros over the years in order to hear “his” band)! He is so g r e a t! Same with the man from “Straight Outta Dartford”. The Man. No more words needed. Ronnie changes as well, he´s going through the roof. Mr Watts is the “Roll” in R n´R, the center that seems to hold everything together. Even in red socks, sharped dressed Charles.

Just because I am not one of those who would drink the water the Rolling Stones take a bath in, doesn´t mean I don´t love what they do! I do love all they do, especially on stage. And after Hamburg I´m sure we have a lot to expect. Get ´em while you can.

See you tomorrow in MUC – and take care everybody. (today´s a cruel date for me, all my love goes to Manhattan today)

Cheers, Fillmore

Good points overall! And I totally agree about the text I bolded. Slower versions often make a better groove.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 11, 2017 15:52

I really regret that they dont have a tour book.
jeroen

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: September 11, 2017 21:37

Lien

[www.facebook.com]

Cool. If you are outside of the Filter Pit (in the "golden standing" area), does anyone have an opinion on whether it is better to be in the center, in front of the B Stage, or along the sides of the pit, closer to the main stage

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-11 21:37 by drbryant.

Date: September 11, 2017 23:30

6 oct corporate show?

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: September 11, 2017 23:59

PaintMonkeyManBlack
6 oct corporate show?

Could be likely due to longer gap between shows... But where?

Date: September 12, 2017 00:40

Do the Stones have more than one stage. Or is it just one stage taken down and put of show after show?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 12, 2017 00:45

Thommie
Fillmore

Cheers, Fillmore

Good points overall! And I totally agree about the text I bolded. Slower versions often make a better groove.

A slower version of Sympathy...slower than it already is? The life is already sucked out of it with the drum loops and the plodding tempo.
How would making it slower help? Especially if it's going to be played as the opener? If anything, they should pick up the pace, or at least add something to make it seem livelier like some congas.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 12, 2017 02:02

Hairball
Thommie
Fillmore

Cheers, Fillmore

A slower version of Sympathy...slower than it already is? The life is already sucked out of it with the drum loops and the plodding tempo.
How would making it slower help? Especially if it's going to be played as the opener? If anything, they should pick up the pace, or at least add something to make it seem livelier like some congas.

Yea, live congas, ala Hyde 1969. Hey, sounds like an easy gig/conga opener for the Stones.
Hairball, after me (ha) I want you to win the free Nanterre RS show.
Another thread you wrote 'glowing reports'
what if the reporter is not actually making descriptions of the band,
rather the experience left the ticket holder glowing?

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: September 12, 2017 05:07

Is it just me, or has Ronnie gone from the other guy to maybe the greatest guy in rock? He is always working, he seems incredibly personable, he has been a huge part of so many great pieces of rock n' roll. Sure, Ronnie is well known, but he still seems underrated. I become more impressed with Mr. Wood by the day...esp. in the offseason, when he's the only one still working. I haven't even touched on his painting.

I used to think (when I was a teenager) Ronnie was a goof who could hold his own. Now I think Ronnie is an incredible talent that I just can't get enough of. sure, it'll always be the Glimmer Twins, but Ronnie just may be what is keeping the Stones rocking. He is just an amazing talent...I hope he can keep it up at this level another 5+ years. He is a treasure trove of talent.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 12, 2017 05:19

Happy24
Lien

[www.facebook.com]

Great find! This is actually very interesting - it shows, that from the concept, there are two layouts of the No Filter Pit - with one central catwalk and with two catwalks on both sides. My guess is, that for some shows (possibly where there are no seats on the floor) we will get the "real" pit.

Great, thanks! smileys with beer

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: September 12, 2017 08:48

35love
Hairball
Thommie
Fillmore

Cheers, Fillmore

Yea, live congas, ala Hyde 1969. Hey, sounds like an easy gig/conga opener for the Stones.
Hairball, after me (ha) I want you to win the free Nanterre RS show.
Another thread you wrote 'glowing reports'
what if the reporter is not actually making descriptions of the band,
rather the experience left the ticket holder glowing?

What i tried to express is, that i could imagine an even groovier version of SFTD than the one i heard in Hamburg. Probably not a starter-song anymore then, but why not live congas? Groove rules. Quality doesn´t always improve with speed (ask your partners eye popping smiley).
Don´t worry, i´m still on fire and cannot wait to get to the stadium this afternoon.

All be careful w/ the Bavarian beer smileys with beer

Cheers, Fillmore

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 12, 2017 08:58

I just listened at random to a sampling of the first 10 seconds or so of some of the songs from Hamburg the other night and I have a question for the guitarists in the audience:

What is going on?

Is it just me or is it becoming almost possible to hear the first few notes of songs like IORR, GS, BS, JJF, TD and not be entirely sure what song is beginning?

If you agree with this observation, what is its main cause? Misplayed notes, mis-timed playing, omitted notes? Something else? Is it just taking the band a little longer to "lock into" whatever song they are playing?

I don't want to draw any conclusions overall about the playing in Hamburg from online videos but I was struck by the chords being hit opening up some of the uptempo warhorses.

Posted by: beno ()
Date: September 12, 2017 10:15

It is a bit funny, but not a big problem to identify immediately those songs. To my ears it's more of an interesting way of presentation, than a mistake. At least it is something different than the usual thing.

Date: September 12, 2017 16:49

beno
It is a bit funny, but not a big problem to identify immediately those songs. To my ears it's more of an interesting way of presentation, than a mistake. At least it is something different than the usual thing.

Ok, it's probably me. i just found some of the beginnings tentative to the point of confusion.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: September 12, 2017 17:51

Happy24
Lien

[www.facebook.com]

I don't understand- are there two separate stage designs, or was the square pit rejected and replaced with the catwalk/modified B-stage we saw in Hamburg?

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: September 12, 2017 18:51

Arnhem pit tickets available!!!! ticketmaster.nl

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: September 12, 2017 18:51

Right now pit tickets Arnhem available!

Posted by: Starr ()
Date: September 12, 2017 20:26

I have just read Dean Goodman's review of the Hamburg gig and I find it unbelievable that anyone would think "Sympathy For The Devil" was a "crap", "boring" & "outdated" song...!!
I personally think it is a Stones classic and a great choice for the opener.. I am amazed at the things some people come out with...!!!

Till the next time...

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: September 13, 2017 15:57

I don't remember they toured Europe this late in the year before, and judging by the
youtube videos, I must say it is really cool to see them starting after daylight is gone.
The big screens, the fireworks, the lighting, it all creates a great atmosphere right
from the start.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Date: September 13, 2017 16:02

marcovandereijk
I don't remember they toured Europe this late in the year before, and judging by the
youtube videos, I must say it is really cool to see them starting after daylight is gone.
The big screens, the fireworks, the lighting, it all creates a great atmosphere right
from the start.

Cool indeed! But they're taking chances with the weather/temperature. Let's hope Mick won't turn ill..

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 13, 2017 16:24

jackflash27
Right now pit tickets Arnhem available!

Cheerz for that, Jack!
I managed to upgrade 3 seats to 3 Pit's, for just a minor amount (30€ p.p.)...
Good value for money, I'd say. smoking smiley

Oh, happy day!

Date: September 13, 2017 16:27

LongBeachArena72
I just listened at random to a sampling of the first 10 seconds or so of some of the songs from Hamburg the other night and I have a question for the guitarists in the audience:

What is going on?

Is it just me or is it becoming almost possible to hear the first few notes of songs like IORR, GS, BS, JJF, TD and not be entirely sure what song is beginning?

If you agree with this observation, what is its main cause? Misplayed notes, mis-timed playing, omitted notes? Something else? Is it just taking the band a little longer to "lock into" whatever song they are playing?

I don't want to draw any conclusions overall about the playing in Hamburg from online videos but I was struck by the chords being hit opening up some of the uptempo warhorses.

It's just you.

Let's do that hearing check again - this time with Mr. D smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: September 13, 2017 17:04

marcovandereijk
from the start.

They did in 1973 but that was another era (indoor arenas and no screens) which can't be compared by this one.

Date: September 13, 2017 17:13

Thommie
marcovandereijk
from the start.

They did in 1973 but that was another era (indoor arenas and no screens) which can't be compared by this one.

Luckily, it's not as cold as on this tour grinning smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 13, 2017 17:23

DandelionPowderman
Let's do that hearing check again - this time with Mr. D smiling smiley

Yes, no confusion there--very recognizable--which is one of the reasons I didn't list that song in my original quintet of 'what's that song?' contestants.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6970717273747576777879...LastNext
Current Page: 74 of 82

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1502
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home