Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6465666768697071727374...LastNext
Current Page: 69 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter European Tour 2017
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 18, 2017 20:35

Hairball
Someone had mentioned to not be surprised if the Stones return to the US after the rumoured London shows to tie in with a supposed new album. Considering the London shows are mere rumours, and a new album seems questionable at this point, I can't see it happening. Personally, I'd like to see them wrap it up in London, but if they have the urge to continue who am I to say.

Aside from the mini-private show, their last real show in the U.S was the abbreviated Vegas show where Mick was not 100%. Would be nice if they would correct that bit of history with a real show where they're all on the same page. The prices would no doubt be outrageous again, so I'd happily watch via periscope...UNLESS I can get a lucky dip or a massive discounted ticket the day of show via stubhub....AND if they play within 100 miles from where I live (oir maybe Vegas).

In the meantime, looking forward to following the all of the news of this current tour, and hope all who attend have a GREAT time...no matter what happens, seems the end of the road is near.

Since their series of mini tours commencing 2012, the US has had around 40 shows : 50 & Counting, Zip Code, Desert Trip & Vegas. I make it that the next country is Australia, with 7/8 shows on 14 On Fire.

Even taking into account the US's large population, do you not think 40 shows is pretty generous? We, in their home country of the UK have had the sum total of 5 shows in that time and none since 2013.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 18, 2017 21:14

grzegorz67
Hairball
Someone had mentioned to not be surprised if the Stones return to the US after the rumoured London shows to tie in with a supposed new album. Considering the London shows are mere rumours, and a new album seems questionable at this point, I can't see it happening. Personally, I'd like to see them wrap it up in London, but if they have the urge to continue who am I to say.

Aside from the mini-private show, their last real show in the U.S was the abbreviated Vegas show where Mick was not 100%. Would be nice if they would correct that bit of history with a real show where they're all on the same page. The prices would no doubt be outrageous again, so I'd happily watch via periscope...UNLESS I can get a lucky dip or a massive discounted ticket the day of show via stubhub....AND if they play within 100 miles from where I live (oir maybe Vegas).

In the meantime, looking forward to following the all of the news of this current tour, and hope all who attend have a GREAT time...no matter what happens, seems the end of the road is near.

Since their series of mini tours commencing 2012, the US has had around 40 shows : 50 & Counting, Zip Code, Desert Trip & Vegas. I make it that the next country is Australia, with 7/8 shows on 14 On Fire.

Even taking into account the US's large population, do you not think 40 shows is pretty generous? We, in their home country of the UK have had the sum total of 5 shows in that time and none since 2013.

Totally agree...don't know why the choose to ignore the UK. confused smiley

Seems they play the States often not necessarily because they like it, but because they can charge outrageous prices for tickets.
Again - someone (who has some insider connection) mentioned a return to the States coinciding with a new album...that's where the money is.
And again, if it were up to me, London would rightfully be the grand finale...the mother of all grand finales.

Date: August 18, 2017 23:37

Hoping for a few more shows in the United States.

Why not if you are them.

If they can still fill the seats. Why not do a few more shows.

LA / Chicago / New York City

Not getting my hopes up but I will be waiting for the rumors to start up after the new year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-18 23:39 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: August 19, 2017 16:55

Obviously some American audiences are awesome, but generally they seem a bit lacking in enthusiasm compared to Europe and obviously South America. I often wonder why this is. Perhaps they are more blasé because they have seen it all before, I could be wrong but from what I have seen a lot of Stones gigs in the USA are uninspiring and lack luster, although the band always give their all. It wasn't always this way, look at the 70's some amazing shows were witnessed in the good old US of A. Another possibility is that people might attend these shows because they can afford to, not because they are necessarily huge fans of the band. I've always got the impression the difference between a good Stones show and an amazing show is down to the audience.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: August 19, 2017 20:12

stone4ever
Obviously some American audiences are awesome, but generally they seem a bit lacking in enthusiasm compared to Europe and obviously South America. I often wonder why this is. Perhaps they are more blasé because they have seen it all before, I could be wrong but from what I have seen a lot of Stones gigs in the USA are uninspiring and lack luster, although the band always give their all. It wasn't always this way, look at the 70's some amazing shows were witnessed in the good old US of A. Another possibility is that people might attend these shows because they can afford to, not because they are necessarily huge fans of the band. I've always got the impression the difference between a good Stones show and an amazing show is down to the audience.

Our lack of enthusiasm, my young riffhards, stems from two factors:

1) we're incredibly obese, and

2) we're busy making ourselves great again and as a result have more money than we know what to do with; throwing a few thousand shekels at a tribute band even if we don't really want to see them is a drop in the bucket

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-19 20:13 by LongBeachArena72.

Date: August 19, 2017 20:17

I don't think it's that much about nationality or cultural issue. Seats on the ground, high ticket prices, older people...Same thing in Europe if you compare London, and for instance Porto or Lisbon or Barcelona. Maybe southern people are more extrovert, but what really makes the difference is 50 or 60 € tickets, at least below 100 €, general admission and a lot of people in their 20's or 30's.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: August 19, 2017 20:23

Does anyone know how well tickets are selling? Are any shows genuinely sold out?

Date: August 19, 2017 20:30

LongBeachArena72
stone4ever

Our lack of enthusiasm, my young riffhards, stems from two factors:

1) we're incredibly obese, and

2) we're busy making ourselves great again and as a result have more money than we know what to do with; throwing a few thousand shekels at a tribute band even if we don't really want to see them is a drop in the bucket

These are crazy time LB. Its haves and have not's, has it ever been any different. Perhaps we have more with more, that should be a good thing yeah. But it doesn't feel that way sad smiley

Date: August 19, 2017 20:32

Jumpinjackflash59
I don't think it's that much about nationality or cultural issue. Seats on the ground, high ticket prices, older people...Same thing in Europe if you compare London, and for instance Porto or Lisbon or Barcelona. Maybe southern people are more extrovert, but what really makes the difference is 50 or 60 € tickets, at least below 100 €, general admission and a lot of people in their 20's or 30's.

I think you just hit the nail on the head there, spot on JJF

News about the stage of NO FILTER tour?
Posted by: bmandolini ()
Date: August 14, 2017 17:05

Re: News about the stage of NO FILTER tour?
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 14, 2017 17:18

I don't think there will be any news before they start building it up in Hamburg. So we have to wait for another 3 weeks smiling smiley I don't think they will have a totally different stage for this short tour than the last few years. I think it will be the same stage as in 2014 with a square catwalk instead of the old one and maybe they will have a new design for the sides of the screens.

Posted by: bmandolini ()
Date: August 14, 2017 17:24

Many many thanks hockenheim95

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: August 14, 2017 17:45

Looking forward to it

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 14, 2017 17:49

I think its all going full circle.

They'll be sitting a few planks on top of beer crates soon. grinning smiley

[The stage set up had gone a bit OTT by ABB... and some sense needed to be restored I think ]

Date: August 14, 2017 18:02

The VL & BtB stages were pretty extravagent too. They slimmed it all down a bit for Licks but then back to the usual complicated stage again for ABB.

What I like about a simpler stage is that it makes the event all about the music and NOT the stage.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 14, 2017 18:11

This is a crude rendering of the rectangular 'No Filter Pit' stage setup for Spielberg and most dates have the same configuration on their maps:

Sure looks like there'd be enough room for a small secondary drum kit out at the front end of the ramp...

I'm hoping for a potential B-Stage on the stage!
winking smiley

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 14, 2017 21:47

grzegorz67
The VL & BtB stages were pretty extravagent too. They slimmed it all down a bit for Licks but then back to the usual complicated stage again for ABB.

What I like about a simpler stage is that it makes the event all about the music and NOT the stage.

For big stadiums, I kinda dig the fancy stages

Date: August 14, 2017 21:58

What really hit home with me, was a few quotes by Jagger where he was talking specifics re. the stage. That some of these stages can measure 100 m at longest point, and that he sprints this. He is pretty much one of the very few who does.
I can see that the pure adrenaline from the crowd carries you much of the way, but there have got to be nights where you are just not feeling it.

Date: August 15, 2017 09:28

Send It To me
grzegorz67

thumbs up

For big stadiums, I kinda dig the fancy stages

I do get that too.

It helps make the event better for the folks not close enough to "feel" the stage . Elaborate stages and giant video screens with good quality images certainly raised the bar for large outdoor shows.

Having nothing to look at other than half a dozen ants on a stage 200 yards away was less than the ideal concert experience . winking smiley

Date: August 15, 2017 10:05

No way they will have a custom stage like ABB for this small tour. Just the recent outdoor stage with different decoration and ramps.

Development, setting up and transportation costs are way to big. Remember that with the big world tour (+100 gigs) they break even at only the 20/30th gig.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 15, 2017 11:14

bmandolini

There will be a stage !!

It will have a flat surface for the band to stand on, it will have a front, a back, and two sides ...

I think that just about covers it ......

grinning smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: August 15, 2017 16:39

I think the improvement in the technology since the nineties in large hI res video screens and programable LED lighting has made fancy stage designs less important. The fans in the rear sections get am amazing visual display which may actually be better. I'd rather see twin 60 ft images of Keith in real time than a giant inflatable or fire breathing dragon.

HBK

Date: August 19, 2017 22:14

Harlem Shuffler
Does anyone know how well tickets are selling? Are any shows genuinely sold out?

I think the Italian, Dutch,French & German shows have sold well but nothing's ever a true sell out. You can get tickets for even these shows easily enough via the Ticket Trader forum on here,e-bay and other sources. Slow sellers seem to be Copenhagen, Stockholm, Spielberg & Zurich. Barcelona seems to have sold well but ticket drops are still happening.

As the clock runs down to show day, I fully expect to see tickets popping up on the official sites for most shows. It happened in 2014. The promoters will ensure venues are full or close to full.

Date: August 19, 2017 22:39

grzegorz67

I think the Italian, Dutch,French & German shows have sold well but nothing's ever a true sell out. You can get tickets for even these shows easily enough via the Ticket Trader forum on here,e-bay and other sources

Well, technically, when all the tickets are gone on regular ticketing services (except the ones which will pop up here and there or maybe will be available at the box office), it's a sell out IMHO. What happens on ebay or second market services is another story, those tixs have allready been sold.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: August 19, 2017 22:51

Thank you, grzegorz67 and Jumpinjackflash59. As usual, it's a shame the sharks have easier access to tickets than mere fans.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: August 19, 2017 22:54

paulywaul
It will have a flat surface for the band to stand on

Eat that, haters.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: August 20, 2017 20:55

grzegorz67
Harlem Shuffler

I think the Italian, Dutch,French & German shows have sold well but nothing's ever a true sell out. You can get tickets for even these shows easily enough via the Ticket Trader forum on here,e-bay and other sources. Slow sellers seem to be Copenhagen, Stockholm, Spielberg & Zurich. Barcelona seems to have sold well but ticket drops are still happening.

As the clock runs down to show day, I fully expect to see tickets popping up on the official sites for most shows. It happened in 2014. The promoters will ensure venues are full or close to full.

Tickets for Hamburg from 239 - 799 EUR available on official ticket seller site Eventim. Munich available from 88 - 799 EUR, Düsseldorf from 295 - 799. All ticket categories available for Spielberg that is 100 EUR for GA standing to 495 EUR for the Pit. I think Spielberg is selling worst of all venues.

Date: August 20, 2017 21:13

latvianinexile
grzegorz67
Harlem Shuffler

Tickets for Hamburg from 239 - 799 EUR available on official ticket seller site Eventim. Munich available from 88 - 799 EUR, Düsseldorf from 295 - 799. All ticket categories available for Spielberg that is 100 EUR for GA standing to 495 EUR for the Pit. I think Spielberg is selling worst of all venues.

You're almost certainly correct. Stockholm is not far behind Latvian. The stadium is nearly twice the size of the Tele 2 used last time in the same city and has a reputation for poor acoustics. On German e-bay lots of Hamburg Silver Pit tickets have flooded onto the market and some are going for as low as 130€. Face was 149€ + very expensive shipping. Hamburg capacity has been set at 82,000 but I very much doubt if 82,000 tickets are sold!

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: August 20, 2017 23:29

grzegorz67
latvianinexile
grzegorz67
Harlem Shuffler

You're almost certainly correct. Stockholm is not far behind Latvian. The stadium is nearly twice the size of the Tele 2 used last time in the same city and has a reputation for poor acoustics. On German e-bay lots of Hamburg Silver Pit tickets have flooded onto the market and some are going for as low as 130€. Face was 149€ + very expensive shipping. Hamburg capacity has been set at 82,000 but I very much doubt if 82,000 tickets are sold!

How do you judge that? At the moment you can't find two seats beside each other in general sale for Stockholm, package excluded.
I'm not saying you're wrong and there can be more tickets available in a couple of days. We have seen that for several shows. But what's your source?

Standing tickets have been available since the ticket release (no filter pit though).

Date: August 21, 2017 14:11

HouseBoyKnows
I think the improvement in the technology since the nineties in large hI res video screens and programable LED lighting has made fancy stage designs less important. The fans in the rear sections get am amazing visual display which may actually be better. I'd rather see twin 60 ft images of Keith in real time than a giant inflatable or fire breathing dragon.

HBK

thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6465666768697071727374...LastNext
Current Page: 69 of 82

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1592
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home