Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6061626364656667686970...LastNext
Current Page: 65 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter European Tour 2017
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: August 8, 2017 22:29

I didn't go through all 45 pages to be honest. I don't think these Jagger or 3/4 Stones tracks are worth it.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 8, 2017 22:34

Monsoon Ragoon
I didn't go through all 45 pages to be honest. I don't think these Jagger or 3/4 Stones tracks are worth it.

Haha yeah well I did some work for you:

From Aug. 1:

georgelicks
I can tell from my source that both songs were from the Stones' sessions for the new album, both Ronnie and Charlie are on it but Keith refused to play, just like he did not play on Saint Of Me.
Both songs were re-worked as Mick Jagger solo songs, Universal wanted something out to test the market and keep the hype about the new album and Mick was happy to put something out.
There are more songs like these from the 15 or so new songs recorded so far, but it looks like Keith wants a classic Rolling Stones sounding album, no dance or experimental stuff on it so there's the fight for the final cut of the new album. A Bridges To Babylon situation again, but 20 years later.

Anyhow, didn't mean to drag this in to the new tour thread, but just wanted to give an opinion as to why these likely won't be played during the new tour.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: August 8, 2017 22:43

Hairball
Monsoon Ragoon

From Aug. 1:

georgelicks
I can tell from my source that both songs were from the Stones' sessions for the new album, both Ronnie and Charlie are on it but Keith refused to play, just like he did not play on Saint Of Me.
Both songs were re-worked as Mick Jagger solo songs, Universal wanted something out to test the market and keep the hype about the new album and Mick was happy to put something out.
There are more songs like these from the 15 or so new songs recorded so far, but it looks like Keith wants a classic Rolling Stones sounding album, no dance or experimental stuff on it so there's the fight for the final cut of the new album. A Bridges To Babylon situation again, but 20 years later.

Anyhow, didn't mean to drag this in to the new tour thread, but just wanted to give an opinion as to why these likely won't be played during the new tour.

Why not?
It's all STICKY.
New Tour, New Album..........

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: August 9, 2017 00:49

what about the rehearsals??

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: August 9, 2017 00:53

With Ronnie's book signing in London august 15 I think the rehearsals will be in London.

Posted by: heinz57 ()
Date: August 9, 2017 01:56

The tour rehearsals will be in London in early September

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: August 9, 2017 01:57

They can easily rehearse in Paris and Ronnie can get an Eurostar or private jet to London every now and then.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 9, 2017 02:01

they will spend more time than that in rehearsals. And just cuz there is a book signing in London doesnt mean the rehearsals will b there.

plexi

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: August 9, 2017 04:39

Hey Bv, are they rehearsal in august?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-09 04:41 by mariano.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 9, 2017 09:48

It's certainly nearing the time for those guitars and drum heads to be tuned up grinning smiley

Any clues yet ?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 9, 2017 10:14

I heard that rehearsals will begin this month.

Nate

Date: August 9, 2017 12:11

Nate
I heard that rehearsals will begin this month.

Nate

Yeah. Early September in London would be a little late. They will already arrive in Hamburg in early September I think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-09 12:34 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: August 9, 2017 12:32

Hairball
Monsoon Ragoon

From Aug. 1:

georgelicks

Well that's interesting. Means no Stones album in 2018?

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: August 9, 2017 19:56

Monsoon Ragoon
Hairball
Monsoon Ragoon

From Aug. 1:

georgelicks

A new album will be next year i think

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 9, 2017 20:25

thomas guitar
Monsoon Ragoon
Hairball
Monsoon Ragoon

From Aug. 1:

georgelicks

Hopefully they'll work out the kinks during the tour, and when that's finished they can get back to the task at hand with a new and/or clearer vision of which direction to take.
Hoping for next year!

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: August 9, 2017 20:44

Hairball
thomas guitar
Monsoon Ragoon
Hairball
Monsoon Ragoon

From Aug. 1:

georgelicks

Hopefully they'll work out the kinks during the tour, and when that's finished they can get back to the task at hand with a new and/or clearer vision of which direction to take.
Hoping for next year!

The fact that Mick's single wasn't a commercial success suggests that the new album will not contain similar or "experimental" tracks. Hooray! drinking smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 9, 2017 23:21

wickerman
They can easily rehearse in Paris

The Parisian place where they rehearse is bad in terms of security (intrusion is easy) and is located in a bad neightbourhood. They'd well advised to "dig deep" in a secret place in London instead.
There was another terrorist attack today in the suburbs of Paris so the Stones'd better stay away from this town (but foxy Jagger knows that already).

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 10, 2017 00:07

why not keep things simple and rehearse somewhwere around Hamburg? (plus a warm up gig in some Hamburg club)

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: August 10, 2017 02:06

slewan
why not keep things simple and rehearse somewhwere around Hamburg? (plus a warm up gig in some Hamburg club)
Maybe in this legendary location? Große Freiheit

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: August 10, 2017 09:11

I still have Lucca on my mind...

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 10, 2017 14:54

MAF
slewan

Lookjks like great place -
but what's 'legendary' about it?
(not 'questioning' it; just unaware of it...)

Date: August 10, 2017 15:15

RoughJusticeOnYa
MAF
slewan

well, you know, there's this other British Beat band from the 60s… and they used to play there

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 10, 2017 17:39

slewan
RoughJusticeOnYa
MAF
slewan

well, you know, there's this other British Beat band from the 60s… and they used to play there

Oh.. thàt kind of 'legendary'... smoking smiley

Cheerz for the heads-up!

But did they really? I remember reading about the Star Club, and the Kaiserkeller; but not this one. Also the Grosse Freiheit 36 appears to be (re-?)open(-ed) only since the '80s...

But never mind that: they sure as hell have had an adventurous & visionairy billing, since then. Loads of high-quality hip hop when it mattered (late '80s/ early '90s), f.i. - etc.!

Would be a cool club to play; I agree.

Date: August 10, 2017 18:10

RoughJusticeOnYa
slewan
RoughJusticeOnYa
MAF
slewan

Oh.. thàt kind of 'legendary'... smoking smiley

Cheerz for the heads-up!

But did they really? I remember reading about the Star Club, and the Kaiserkeller; but not this one. Also the Grosse Freiheit 36 appears to be (re-?)open(-ed) only since the '80s..

Kaiserkeller is Große Freiheit 36 ("Große Freiheit" is the name of the street, 36 the number of the house)

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: August 10, 2017 19:39

As far as warm up gigs go they are more likely to play a corporate show nowadays.Invite only and a big fee for a 90 minute set

sc uk

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: August 10, 2017 21:10

How about a flatbed truck thing in front of Flora in Hamburg? :-)

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: August 10, 2017 21:44

Hairball
Since Keith refused to play on either of Micks new solo tunes, why would anyone think that he and the Stones would play them live?
Unless Keith is given a backstage break (the same way Mick does during Keith's spot), there's zero chance of this happening, and even if he did take a break chances are very slim.
There might have been a better chance of Keith playing a tune from Crosseyed Heart during his solo spot at recent Stones shows, but even that didn't happen.

Almost exactly month until tour starts...rehearsals starting soon...looking forward to reading all the reports, and hopefully there will be some live periscope feeds for those of us who will not be attending any shows.
For those who are, have a splendid time!!! thumbs up

While I agree that there is slim to no chance that the new Jagger tunes will be played live on the Stones tour, using the logic that I emphasized above to base that conclusion on may not be as solid as we think considering that Keith also opted out of playing "Saint of Me" in the studio but has played it many times live. I'd say the fact that the new tunes are Jagger Solo and NOT Jagger/Richards tunes will have just as much, if not more weight in keeping them out of the Stones playbook as Keith being on the recording.

Funny thing though... As much as I don't really care for the tunes in their recorded versions, IF, and that would be a very large IF, the Stones were to rehearse them and develop them for a live setting, I WOULD be interested in hearing the results. And wouldn't be surprised if I developed more of an appreciation for them as live tunes than I currently have for the studio versions.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 10, 2017 22:29

30 days to first concert, September 9 - Hamburg, any news?

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: August 11, 2017 00:35

The latest marketing trick

[www.priceless.com]

Please use Google translate to understand what this is about.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 11, 2017 00:55

"It’s just over four weeks until we’re back out on the road, looking forward to seeing you all #StonesNoFilter"

[www.instagram.com]

(Photo originally posted on 30 September 2016. See here: [twitter.com])

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6061626364656667686970...LastNext
Current Page: 65 of 82

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1206
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home