Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5859606162636465666768...LastNext
Current Page: 63 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter European Tour 2017
Posted by: meck1211 ()
Date: July 26, 2017 17:59

Great Info.

I got my Pit ticket for Düsseldorf

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 26, 2017 18:28

grzegorz67
slewan
grzegorz67

I wish they would just make the whole thing GA for say 150EUR and those turning up early got FoS. They would probably still make the same money.

do some math! If the cheapest regular ticket is € 110 and the most expansive € 800 and some 2500 tickets are sold for € 350+ …

I have done some Maths thanks. Silver pit is 150€ and GA 100€. Together they make up the bulk of the tickets. The capacity is 80,000 of which only around 3-4,000 are sold for 250-800€. A good chunk of the silly priced tickets will not sell at full price and be passed off through Lucky Dips, competition prizes etc. So the actual income generated on the top tickets (as opposed to the maximum if all sold at full price, which they won't be) is only a small fraction of the total.

How do u know that around 3-4,000 are sold for 250-800€?

plexi

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 26, 2017 18:53

timbernardis
grzegorz67
slewan
grzegorz67

I wish they would just make the whole thing GA for say 150EUR and those turning up early got FoS. They would probably still make the same money.

do some math! If the cheapest regular ticket is € 110 and the most expansive € 800 and some 2500 tickets are sold for € 350+ …

I have done some Maths thanks. Silver pit is 150€ and GA 100€. Together they make up the bulk of the tickets. The capacity is 80,000 of which only around 3-4,000 are sold for 250-800€. A good chunk of the silly priced tickets will not sell at full price and be passed off through Lucky Dips, competition prizes etc. So the actual income generated on the top tickets (as opposed to the maximum if all sold at full price, which they won't be) is only a small fraction of the total.

plexi

look at the seating map for the shows in Germany and count the seats in front of stage plus the pit.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 26, 2017 18:58

timbernardis
grzegorz67
slewan
grzegorz67

plexi

400 Pit tickets @ 800€ each

A rough dot count of the floor seats in Hamburg suggests approx 3,000 of them.
Prices are 239€ to 499€

The front tribune seats are 239€ too.

But not a chance will they all go for asking price. Lucky Dippers will pick up the slack or alternatively there will be late ticket price drops. There's nothing like the clock running down to show day to reveal the true picture on ticket sales. When shows are weeks and months away, it's easy to create an impression of a fast sellout whilst drip feeding tickets into the system from time to time in the hope that buyers pounce on an 'opportunity'.

This type of thing is far from limited to the Stones. When the current U2 Joshua Tree tour called at London 2 weeks ago for 2 'crazy sellouts before the presale ended', tickets miraculously became available for all sections including the floor for both shows in the last couple of days before showday. U2 have a massive worldwide following and these 2 shows were their only ones in the UK so you'd expect demand to be huge.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 27, 2017 08:30

yes the market for live shows, the main music market nowadays, seems to be doped

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 27, 2017 17:10

grzegorz67

I don't think so. Quite a bit of the pit tickets are sold as Lucky Dip i.e. cheap.

Bjornulf

Date: July 27, 2017 17:41

bv
grzegorz67

I don't think so. Quite a bit of the pit tickets are sold as Lucky Dip i.e. cheap.

Even more reason for me to regret not buying LD eye rolling smiley

I thought that might be the case. I was only stating the maximum revenue if all sold at full price, which would surprise me. I reckon they'll sell as many for full price as they can up to show day and fill the unsold gaps in the Pit and Floor Seating with Lucky Dippers. That way they can leave the allocation of Lucky Dip Tickets until the last minute.

From a business point of view, Lucky Dips are a very useful tool to ensure front sections are all full. I don't know if any other acts do this but I'm sure in time some others will do so.

As others have said, the Lucky Dippers will probably do very well at the German shows. All LD's still win, because they're 'in the house' and LD tickets are cheaper than the cheapest seating category. And the band (or rather their promoter) at least get some money from lucky dip sales as opposed to NO money from unsold tickets.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 27, 2017 21:10

With getting two great tickets in A4 at Düsseldorf this Monday I got my Lucky Dip already...
Without medical back surgery last week I kept my ticket under the roof most likely.

Posted by: meck1211 ()
Date: July 28, 2017 11:21

Luckily my wife wasn`t at home when my pit ticket arrived.
Man: stones fans are crazy.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 28, 2017 15:00

meck1211

Maybe she's out shopping wondering why the credit card got refused spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 28, 2017 16:13

Nate
meck1211

Maybe she's out shopping wondering why the credit card got refused spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

grinning smiley

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: July 28, 2017 16:31

I still haven't receive my Hamburg ticket......I am getting a bit worried!!!

Date: July 28, 2017 17:29

john lomax

The show's 6 weeks away. I think they send out package deal tickets 2-3 weeks prior to show day for some reason. Just email them if in any doubt.

Posted by: TooTight ()
Date: July 28, 2017 18:21

Did you get an e-mail confirming they shipped? I ordered a ticket on 23/7, received confirmation it shipped on 24/7, and the package with ticket was delivered on 25/7. And I'm in the US!

Date: July 28, 2017 20:16

grzegorz67
john lomax

The show's 6 weeks away. I think they send out package deal tickets 2-3 weeks prior to show day for some reason. Just email them if in any doubt.

Depends on which kind of ticket you ordered.
If it's a regular it should drop in within a couple of days,depending of course where you are located.
If you've picked one of those special packages ( VIP ) it's stated on eventim's terms that those will be shipped around six weeks before the show.
Ordered my two tickets in A4 Monday this week and they've been on Wednesday in my letterbox.
You get usually two mails before,one is the confirmation concerning your order and the second when ticket is shipped.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: July 28, 2017 22:53

shortfatfanny
grzegorz67
john lomax

Depends on which kind of ticket you ordered.
If it's a regular it should drop in within a couple of days,depending of course where you are located.
If you've picked one of those special packages ( VIP ) it's stated on eventim's terms that those will be shipped around six weeks before the show.
Ordered my two tickets in A4 Monday this week and they've been on Wednesday in my letterbox.
You get usually two mails before,one is the confirmation concerning your order and the second when ticket is shipped.

Oh, ok, thanks. It was one of the packages - so I guess it should arrive pretty soon.
Thanks all!

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: July 29, 2017 10:00

I'm surprised that so many people don't order e-tickets, pdf-files you can print out by yourself.
How come? Is it for saving the "real" tickets for the future?

Date: July 29, 2017 10:21

Thommie
I'm surprised that so many people don't order e-tickets, pdf-files you can print out by yourself.

Of course...I want a professional printed ticket for the hell of money I spent.
That's the nostalgic part in me saving this one for my collection.
A shitty homeprinted ticket based on a data file doesn't do the trick...

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: July 29, 2017 17:13

Oopss...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-29 17:15 by ErwinH.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: July 29, 2017 18:09

rehearsals have already started, as per Chuck's twitter!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 29, 2017 18:33

Dunno about that...it's just a repost of the Metro article from June 7.

[twitter.com]

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: July 29, 2017 20:10

shortfatfanny
Thommie

Of course...I want a professional printed ticket for the hell of money I spent.
That's the nostalgic part in me saving this one for my collection.
A shitty homeprinted ticket based on a data file doesn't do the trick...

Agreed. I just bought a Barcelona pit ticket on ticketmaster.es, but couldn't justify the 40 euro postage shakedown. I feel ill about the printout option, my first non ticket out of 240+ shows. Is Will Call no longer a thing in Europe? Maybe I can exchange the printout at the box office?

German Tickets are available since 10:00 am German time
Posted by: vintage stone ()
Date: July 26, 2017 11:16

Re: German Tickets are available since 10:00 am German time
Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: July 26, 2017 11:27

"No Filter" Ticks available!

€ 799,-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-26 11:27 by satisfaction2.

Posted by: Mimi73 ()
Date: July 26, 2017 12:20

The best place right infront the stage,

but 799,- ???

eye popping smiley

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: July 26, 2017 12:45

hope some lucky dippers will dip lucky

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 26, 2017 13:00

Mimi73

The best place right infront the stage, but 799,- ???

The NoFilterPit-Ticket + Tour-Lithograph + TravelPack-Merchandise is also available for € 1275 .... (START ME UP - VIP Package via Eventim Special Tickets).

Date: July 26, 2017 13:42

Stoneswolf
hope some lucky dippers will dip lucky

They certainly will. And others will dip unlucky. There's no way they'll 100% fill the pit and front seating with people paying full price. The void will be filled by (very) lucky dippers and those sections will be full by showtime for sure. Lucky Dips are a very useful tool in that regard. Now beginning to wish I bought Lucky Dips!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 2, 2017 02:52

39 days until tour open! eye popping smiley
Does this pic from Keith mean...open for biz?
39 days!
Ha! Forgot link
[mobile.twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-02 02:53 by 35love.

Posted by: Strike ()
Date: August 2, 2017 12:05

There is no need to worry bout getting tickets. We are not talking bout Vegas, if you are willing to pay 799€ for a pit ticket, no problem to get one. All shows are far from being sold out, so in a few weeks there will be tons of tickets available for all german shows.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5859606162636465666768...LastNext
Current Page: 63 of 82

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1838
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home