Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5758596061626364656667...LastNext
Current Page: 62 of 82
Re: Europe 2017 warmup bands?
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: July 23, 2017 19:39

DeanGoodman
spikenyc
Have they announced the warmups for this tour yet?
If i had any say I would nominate these kids from Michigan -

Greta Van Fleet!

[www.youtube.com]

They were on Jonesy's Jukebox (LA radio show hosted by Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols). They had absolutely nothing to say, but one of their songs sounded like Manic Street Preachers which was good. I'd also like to see someone like Scotland's Amy MacDonald (new album out) or Last Internationale (new album in works) to shake things up. And NO Ed Sheeran.

GVF -
They didn't say much because Jonesy did all the talking!
They are young kids, with a "deer in the headlights" innocence, dont expect them to say to much.
So far I think they are managing themselves very well with the press and in general.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: July 24, 2017 00:39

Palace Revolution 2000
Hope they get bands; like bands.
Strypes, Maccabees, Surfer Blood,School of Seven Bells, Temperance Movement,Mini Mansions, Spring King e.g.

Maccabees have split (but agree would have been great!)

Re: The Rolling Stones European Tour 2017
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 24, 2017 01:56

rrronnie
Hi Frank,
yeah, that's me. We can meet up in Hamburg, Munich and/or Austria. I don't have pit tickets for these shows asl'm not Donald Trump but I got seats near the stage in Hamburg and Munich and diamond circle tickets for Austria. Can't wait to see you again.

Hi Ronnie, I've met you too! Remember the bus back to the airport after Stockholm 2014? I sat next to you and you told me the story of your van being stolen at the Licks show in Prague in 2003 (Mick's 60th birthday show). It was a good story, a great listen and you told it very well but can't have been funny at the time! I'm coming to Hamburg so I might see you there. No ticket yet but I'll get one smiling smiley

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: July 24, 2017 12:28

spikenyc

Greta Van Fleet!

GVF just announced a European tour - four dates between Sept. 20 and Sept. 26. Hmmm.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: July 24, 2017 16:53

DeanGoodman
spikenyc

Greta Van Fleet!

GVF just announced a European tour - four dates between Sept. 20 and Sept. 26. Hmmm.

Great for these guys! Unfortunately the cities and dates they have listed do not lineup with the Stones No Filter Tour dates.
They start in Paris and end in London.
Perhaps they can join the Stones after the 26th?
Fingers crossed!

Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter European Tour 2017
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 25, 2017 12:41

Attention, Germany ticket needers

Drop tomorrow morning at 10 AM

[www.facebook.com]

Allerletzte Chance: Noch einmal 3.000 zusätzliche Stones-Tickets!

Gute Nachrichten für alle von Euch, die sich vergeblich um ein Ticket für die Show bemüht hatten: Ab morgen werden noch einmal rund 3.000 Karten für die drei Deutschland-Konzerte in den Verkauf gehen. Grund für das zusätzliche Kartenkontingent ist die Aufhebung produktionsbedingter Sperrungen, die unmittelbar nach der Bestätigung der Konzerte auf Basis erster Bühnen- und Geländepläne vorgenommen wurden und nun aktualisiert werden konnten. In München handelt es sich dabei um Sitz- und auch Stehplätze. Unter den Karten sind auch Plätze, die eventuelle Sichteinschränkungen aufweisen und deswegen zu einem reduzierten Preis angeboten werden.

Die Tickets gibt’s ab Mittwoch, 26. Juli, 10 Uhr hier: [goo.gl]

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: July 25, 2017 13:07

Topi

Drop tomorrow morning at 10 AM

[www.facebook.com]

Allerletzte Chance: Noch einmal 3.000 zusätzliche Stones-Tickets!

Gute Nachrichten für alle von Euch, die sich vergeblich um ein Ticket für die Show bemüht hatten: Ab morgen werden noch einmal rund 3.000 Karten für die drei Deutschland-Konzerte in den Verkauf gehen. Grund für das zusätzliche Kartenkontingent ist die Aufhebung produktionsbedingter Sperrungen, die unmittelbar nach der Bestätigung der Konzerte auf Basis erster Bühnen- und Geländepläne vorgenommen wurden und nun aktualisiert werden konnten. In München handelt es sich dabei um Sitz- und auch Stehplätze. Unter den Karten sind auch Plätze, die eventuelle Sichteinschränkungen aufweisen und deswegen zu einem reduzierten Preis angeboten werden.

Die Tickets gibt’s ab Mittwoch, 26. Juli, 10 Uhr hier: [goo.gl]

Ha ha ha, sold out within two days. That were just PR fake news. None of the German shows is sold out yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-25 13:15 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 25, 2017 14:07

Yeah, the explanation is they held back volume because they didn't know how much space the stage setup would take winking smiley

Buyer beware they are now also selling "restricted view" tickets, though.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 25, 2017 15:05

Topi

The official news from the german Stones-Tour-Promoter [www.FKPScorpio.com] :

The additional 3000 Tickets are available from Wednesday, 26-Jul-2017, 10am CEST via Eventim:

Hamburg - [www.Eventim.de]

Munich - [www.Eventim.de]

Düsseldorf - [www.Eventim.de]

The additional Tickets are mostly Seats, only Munich has also Standing, Tickets with an restricted view are available for a reduced price.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-25 15:15 by Irix.

Date: July 25, 2017 15:26

Topi
Yeah, the explanation is they held back volume because they didn't know how much space the stage setup would take winking smiley

Ha ha ha. There is not a snowball's chance in hell that Hamburg's sold out at the sky high prices asked. 80,000 capacity!? I'm travelling in on the Wednesday night before and fully expect to get in easily and below face. 3 years ago at 14OF Europe opening night in Oslo, a venue holding just 23,000, it was officially sold out in 15 minutes yet tickets including single Lucky Dips were easy to get right up to show day. People were turning up on the day and buying spares. That said, the venue was pretty full come show time and a great show it was too.

I wish they would just make the whole thing GA for say 150EUR and those turning up early got FoS. They would probably still make the same money.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 25, 2017 16:10

Düsseldorf additional seats in the A section were availabe yesterday...my guess is part of them were those of the much more expensive special packages which they couldn't get rid of so far...

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: July 25, 2017 16:33

grzegorz67
Topi

Ha ha ha. There is not a snowball's chance in hell that Hamburg's sold out at the sky high prices asked. 80,000 capacity!? I'm travelling in on the Wednesday night before and fully expect to get in easily and below face. 3 years ago at 14OF Europe opening night in Oslo, a venue holding just 23,000, it was officially sold out in 15 minutes yet tickets including single Lucky Dips were easy to get right up to show day. People were turning up on the day and buying spares. That said, the venue was pretty full come show time and a great show it was too.

I wish they would just make the whole thing GA for say 150EUR and those turning up early got FoS. They would probably still make the same money.

Yeah! My words.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: July 25, 2017 18:44

Irix
Topi

The official news from the german Stones-Tour-Promoter [www.FKPScorpio.com] :

The additional 3000 Tickets are available from Wednesday, 26-Jul-2017, 10am CEST via Eventim:

The additional Tickets are mostly Seats, only Munich has also Standing, Tickets with an restricted view are available for a reduced price.

Same information at myticket.de:
myticket.de

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-25 18:44 by MAF.

Date: July 25, 2017 18:57

Well, a few chances to get tickets: some extra for Germany, Barcelona (pit), Copenhagen (no pit but Golden Circle) etc.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: July 25, 2017 18:58

I'm wondering if for Hamburg they are going to add blocks of seats in front of standing?
Additional seats on the floor on the sides?
Or is this a way to push those 499 seats at lower price?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 25, 2017 19:25

Adams

I'm wondering if for Hamburg they are going to add blocks of seats in front of standing? Additional seats on the floor on the sides?

It should be visible in the Seatmap (Seating chart booking) on [www.Eventim.de] where the additional seats are located ....

Date: July 25, 2017 21:09

Irix
Adams

I'm wondering if for Hamburg they are going to add blocks of seats in front of standing? Additional seats on the floor on the sides?

It should be visible in the Seatmap (Seating chart booking) on [www.Eventim.de] where the additional seats are located ....

not yet

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 25, 2017 21:16

great – let's hope they sell the cheap and shitty seats with restricted view very fast! (and leave the great seats for the Lukcy Dip ticket holders)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-25 21:16 by slewan.

Date: July 25, 2017 21:28

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't they selling seats behind the stage for some shows? Maybe some of these will be the ones with restricted view?

Date: July 25, 2017 21:38

Adams
Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't they selling seats behind the stage for some shows? Maybe some of these will be the ones with restricted view?

Seats behind the stage were shown on an early layout for Munich (blocks E2-H1) but didn't go on sale.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-25 22:10 by MAF.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 25, 2017 21:46

grzegorz67

do some math! If the cheapest regular ticket is € 110 and the most expansive € 800 and some 2500 tickets are sold for € 350+ …

Date: July 25, 2017 23:05

slewan
grzegorz67

do some math! If the cheapest regular ticket is € 110 and the most expansive € 800 and some 2500 tickets are sold for € 350+ …

I have done some Maths thanks. Silver pit is 150€ and GA 100€. Together they make up the bulk of the tickets. The capacity is 80,000 of which only around 3-4,000 are sold for 250-800€. A good chunk of the silly priced tickets will not sell at full price and be passed off through Lucky Dips, competition prizes etc. So the actual income generated on the top tickets (as opposed to the maximum if all sold at full price, which they won't be) is only a small fraction of the total.

Re: The Rolling Stones European Tour 2017
Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: July 26, 2017 01:28

grzegorz67
rrronnie
Hi Frank,
yeah, that's me. We can meet up in Hamburg, Munich and/or Austria. I don't have pit tickets for these shows asl'm not Donald Trump but I got seats near the stage in Hamburg and Munich and diamond circle tickets for Austria. Can't wait to see you again.

Hi Ronnie, I've met you too! Remember the bus back to the airport after Stockholm 2014? I sat next to you and you told me the story of your van being stolen at the Licks show in Prague in 2003 (Mick's 60th birthday show). It was a good story, a great listen and you told it very well but can't have been funny at the time! I'm coming to Hamburg so I might see you there. No ticket yet but I'll get one smiling smiley

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: July 26, 2017 01:32

Hi grzegorz67,
yes I do remember the bus trip in Stockholm. Would be nice meeting up with you again in Hamburg...

Posted by: RockingLonestar ()
Date: July 26, 2017 10:15

tickets for Hamburg, München, Düsseldorf

[www.eventim.de]

[www.eventim.de]

[www.eventim.de]

Date: July 26, 2017 10:56

Pit tickets available for all 3 shows.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 26, 2017 14:32

grzegorz67

€800 standard pricing for the German pit tickets,they might be on sale for a while yet.

Nate

Date: July 26, 2017 14:47

Nate
grzegorz67

€800 standard pricing for the German pit tickets,they might be on sale for a while yet.

Nate

You reckon grinning smiley ?

I have real concerns about the impact of the floorplan at these 3 German shows on the atmposhere. The (400 person?) pit as usual, 2-3,000 extremely pricey seats all around the pit then GA/Silver Pit about 13-15 rows of seats back from the pit. They're not doing this anywhere else. It's standing room only on all parts of the floor at all other shows. I hope it all works out well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-26 14:58 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 26, 2017 16:15

I've never understood "maths" because math means mathematics.

Math - a shortened word for mathematics, which is "a mass noun".

WMDs? It's weapons, not destructions. "There were a bunch of WMD".

Still wavering on the expectations of what will be different this time with the set list and I've come to a conclusion: nothing.

Date: July 26, 2017 16:35

GasLightStreet
I've never understood "maths" because math means mathematics.

Math - a shortened word for mathematics, which is "a mass noun".

WMDs? It's weapons, not destructions. "There were a bunch of WMD".

Still wavering on the expectations of what will be different this time with the set list and I've come to a conclusion: nothing.

In UK English, where the language originated, Maths is a recognised shortform of Mathematics. I never hear or read people saying Math.

Anyway, I expect few setlist surprises too but I'm still going as I know it will be fun anyway.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5758596061626364656667...LastNext
Current Page: 62 of 82

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1771
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home