Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465...LastNext
Current Page: 60 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter European Tour 2017
Posted by: beno ()
Date: July 12, 2017 11:52

Yes I used to beleive this last time thing in the past. However, since a good couple of years I am convinced they will never officially or unofficially reitre. The only thing that can stop them touring is the loss or serious illness of one of the 4 members. I hope it still won't happen for a long time.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: July 12, 2017 12:14

I don't think they will finish before 2020/21, unless Ronnie or Keith get seriously ill.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 12, 2017 12:18

Maindefender
Is there a targeted time of year for the UK shows? Those tickets may be tough tough tough tough tough to get...

As it looks like a Stadium / outdoor tour is planned I would think it's a safe bet to predict it to start no earlier than June , probably July / August. Personally I thing Knebworth will still under consideration for a finale August 2018. Not the best venue, but it would certainly be an "event"

sc uk

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: July 12, 2017 14:33

Maindefender
Is there a targeted time of year for the UK shows? Those tickets may be tough tough tough tough tough to get...

I'm almost dreading them playing my (and their) home town of London because of this. Having a lot of on/off issues with my eyes frustratingly so can't plan too much for now but I'm hoping to try to get more to more than just the Barcelona show this year - just in case....just in case either they don't do the UK next year for whatever reason or just in case I can't make it/get tickets.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 12, 2017 15:00

MarthaTuesday
Maindefender

I'm almost dreading them playing my (and their) home town of London because of this. Having a lot of on/off issues with my eyes frustratingly so can't plan too much for now but I'm hoping to try to get more to more than just the Barcelona show this year - just in case....just in case either they don't do the UK next year for whatever reason or just in case I can't make it/get tickets.

Me too Martha. Cataract Op in 2 weeks yet I'm still planning on the tour opener in Hamburg as I love tour openers. Barcelona for me too so may see you there. I'm doing all 3 Paris shows now grinning smiley

Date: July 12, 2017 15:09

grzegorz67
MarthaTuesday
Maindefender

Me too Martha. Cataract Op in 2 weeks yet I'm still planning on the tour opener in Hamburg as I love tour openers. Barcelona for me too so may see you there. I'm doing all 3 Paris shows now grinning smiley

Good luck with the op. Hope all goes well and you're fully ready for the shows! Funnily enough I might be having the same sort of op myself - not for cataracts but because I have very complex vision issues. Hoping to put off until after the European tour! I'm determined to make at least the Barcelona show - even if I can't see it properly!

Glad you got all 3 Paris shows. If I can make any others, Paris and Amsterdam are my targets. Fingers crossed!

Re: The Rolling Stones European Tour 2017
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 12, 2017 17:38

TooTough
john lomax
Hi - I bought a Paint it black package for the Hamburg show (the day they went on sale) but I haven't received my ticket yet. I am in the UK - have other people in the UK received their Hamburg tickets yet? I am worried that its got lost in the mail......or maybe it hasn't been sent yet! Does anybody know?

John, don´t worry. As it is a VIP ticket it reads:

"Hinweis:
Lieferbedingungen:* Ihre Eintrittskarten werden ca. 6 Wochen vor der
Veranstaltung an Sie verschickt.* Weitere Informationen zum VIP Paket schicken
wir Ihnen ein paar Tage vor dem Event per Mail zu.* Alle weiteren Unterlagen bzw. Merchandise-Artikel werden vor Ort hinterlegt.* "

which means: The tickets will be sent 6 weeks prior to the show. A few days
before the event you will get more informations about the VIP package by mail. The
documents (maybe the VIP pass) and the merchandising stuff regarding the
package have to be collected there.

Eventim is reliable official seller, so don´t worry!

*Thank you, I also read the same thing, and haven't done a thing to follow up (credit card charged and I bought air fare. Okay, some new clothes too)
My ? please: are you then just waiting by the postal until 6 weeks before show for hard copies?

Date: July 12, 2017 18:51

MarthaTuesday
grzegorz67
MarthaTuesday
Maindefender

Good luck with the op. Hope all goes well and you're fully ready for the shows! Funnily enough I might be having the same sort of op myself - not for cataracts but because I have very complex vision issues. Hoping to put off until after the European tour! I'm determined to make at least the Barcelona show - even if I can't see it properly!

Glad you got all 3 Paris shows. If I can make any others, Paris and Amsterdam are my targets. Fingers crossed!

Thanks Martha. Hope you get your own vision issues sorted as best as possible and you do get to another show. Amsterdam is the IORR Party gig and I still might go myself. Plenty of great Eurostar fares available for Paris.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 13, 2017 15:42

Maybe someone said it but I'm not going through 60 pages of blah blah blah - seeing that a few years back they pulled out Emotional Rescue but gave up on it within 5 minutes.

Anyone think they might do something else that they've never done?

There have been disasters with such things - Sway, She Was Hot, Undercover Of The Night and She's So Cold have never sounded good.

Monkey Man has been fantastic. Worried About You has been pretty good (yeah yeah, they played it in 1977). Sister Morphine.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: July 13, 2017 16:45

Well the taste in music is very subjective. I for one like Sway, She Was Hot and especially Undercover and often listen to the live versions from 1989 and 2006.

They often try to do something new - well they try.
In rehearsals for the Ole Ole Ole tour 2016 they tried a cover of "Pressure Drop" many times, I believe even at dress rehearsals in the National Stadium, Chile and BV was already talking of it as being a good song for the early section of the set . It was never played...
Seems like some covers or never played songs finally don't work out for them. I really hope to see some other surprises than usually.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: July 13, 2017 16:52

Altho it would be incredibly cool I don't see how in a million yrs they could pull off "Pressure Drop." The Maytals set a pretty high bar on that one.

The big setlist-related question for me this time around is: how many Blue &
Lonesome
songs do they do? Zero would be shocking, even cynical; One would be a token nod to their "number one hit album;" Two or more would be ballsy, indeed.

Posted by: syndy ()
Date: July 14, 2017 12:52

Hamburg!!! smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-14 12:52 by syndy.

Date: July 14, 2017 18:31

Yes, taste is definitely subjective. Personally I absolutely loved hearing She's so cold live.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 16, 2017 03:38

I don't know if anyone else is doing this, but on my calendar I have each show marked down to number of weeks.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 16, 2017 05:59

shattered
I don't know if anyone else is doing this, but on my calendar I have each show marked down to number of weeks.

That's dedication!

plexi

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 16, 2017 16:39

"...She's So Cold have never sounded good"

I would say the opposite, Gas. In my ears "She's So Cold" sounds always superior live. Something like "Midnight Rambler", No 2...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 16, 2017 19:25

laertisflash

I would say the opposite, Gas. In my ears "She's So Cold" sounds always superior live. Something like "Midnight Rambler", No 2...

That's incredibly hilarious. They can't touch each other. They've never played She's So Cold with any kind of nod to the studio version: the touch of restraint that makes it so good.

Which is why She Was Hot never worked live: they just carpet bombed through it. Yet with Monkey Man it gets the restraint.

Date: July 17, 2017 11:39

"...the touch of restraint that makes it so good".

Maybe, as for the studio. But, talking about live performances, the "absence" of restraint makes the particular song (not others,necessarily) stronger and more rocking, "straightly", in my ears. OK, two different types of charm. But I prefer the second one. As Martha Tuesday says,taste is definitely subjective...

Date: July 17, 2017 14:43

MarthaTuesday
Yes, taste is definitely subjective. Personally I absolutely loved hearing She's so cold live.

I never have heard it live. 21 lifetime shows and I've missed it by one show - 3 times!!!! Doing 5 this time out so hopefully I'll catch it. I caught 'She was hot' in Paris 2007 and thought it was good.

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: July 18, 2017 10:08

laertisflash

Because imo about She's So Cold That's where you can really here that so called Weaving that Keef calls it that ancient form of weaving. It really comes out live in She's So Cold! Hopefully we get that this time around a few times!

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: July 18, 2017 12:13

I got SSC once in 35 or 36 shows, in Vienna 06. Btw. the only show worldwide with five ABB tracks.

Date: July 18, 2017 22:41

Me too, Monsoon. I got SSC once. In Porto 06. The song sounded excellent and, judging by bootlegs, it was not the only night that SSC worked perfectly (or close to...)

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: July 18, 2017 23:57

Monsoon Ragoon
I don't think they will finish before 2020/21, unless Ronnie or Keith get seriously ill.

Don't forget Mick and Charlie, Charlie has already had cancer and Mick had better take care because HGH is linked to the big C.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: July 19, 2017 03:58

grzegorz67
MarthaTuesday
Maindefender

Me too Martha. Cataract Op in 2 weeks yet I'm still planning on the tour opener in Hamburg as I love tour openers. Barcelona for me too so may see you there.

I'm doing all 3 Paris shows now grinning smiley

You will be fine with the cataract op. Will actually see much better so no worries! Just enjoy the tour!

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: July 19, 2017 15:07

Monsoon Ragoon
I got SSC once in 35 or 36 shows, in Vienna 06. Btw. the only show worldwide with five ABB tracks.
Yeah i got it in Lyon in 07 on ABB that was actually the best Stones concert i've ever scene for me! I've seen them play ssc multiple times .

Date: July 19, 2017 15:39

Only got to hear SSC live once - but it that one time that for some reason made me really love the song. Always quite liked it but hearing it live seemed to do it for me.

Heard She was hot live too - and enjoyed it but felt SSC was better (my personal taste).

Would be more than happy to hear it live again this time round. Although I've got other songs higher up on my wishlist becaues I've yet to hear them live.

Date: July 19, 2017 15:50

StonedAsia
grzegorz67
MarthaTuesday
Maindefender

Me too Martha. Cataract Op in 2 weeks yet I'm still planning on the tour opener in Hamburg as I love tour openers. Barcelona for me too so may see you there.

I'm doing all 3 Paris shows now grinning smiley

You will be fine with the cataract op. Will actually see much better so no worries! Just enjoy the tour!

The good old British NHS have just postponed it due to staff holiday. I've been offered a date too close to the tour start so will elect to delay until November.

Date: July 19, 2017 15:53

stonesfrkk
Monsoon Ragoon
Yeah i got it in Lyon in 07 on ABB that was actually the best Stones concert i've ever scene for me! I've seen them play ssc multiple times .

I would hope so with the number of shows you've seen! I remember having a long chat with you in the street in Montmartre in Paris the night of the previous show at La Stade De France, when we got 'She was hot'.

Date: July 20, 2017 17:41

stone4ever
Monsoon Ragoon

Don't forget Mick and Charlie, Charlie has already had cancer and Mick had better take care because HGH is linked to the big C.

What is HGH?

plexi

Date: July 20, 2017 17:43

grzegorz67
stonesfrkk
Monsoon Ragoon

I would hope so with the number of shows you've seen! I remember having a long chat with you in the street in Montmartre in Paris the night of the previous show at La Stade De France, when we got 'She was hot'.

Indeed. Stonesfrkk is a bit of a mini BV with the number of shows he has seen and the way he follows the band all over. For the fall tour, he will see all 15 shows!

plexi

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465...LastNext
Current Page: 60 of 82

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home