Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones European Tour 2017
Posted by: runaway ()
Date: May 9, 2017 20:06

gotdablouse
RoughJusticeOnYa
Irix
karimamilena

Ideas?

As close to the Stage as possible means: "Tongue Pit" since 2012 -- in this case: "No Filter Pit" for just 799.00 EUR ....

...Correct; but only partly - the 799,00 EUR you're referring to is for the "Start Me Up package " - which is INCLUDING a 'Pit' ticket.

There WILL be 'Pit' tickets... without that package *BS* (the T-shirt! the laminated pass! the complimentary drink! access to some 'non'-party! etcetera).

It's just marketing, you see. They'll first lead you on to believe these 'packages' ARE (the only) pit tickets; and then they'll start selling the ordinary pit tix...

Off course: if the Pit is sold out with all these packages, then their wet dream becomes reality and our blue turns to grey... That's simple economics.
But (regardless of the capacity of each of those pits): at 799,00 EUR per package, I highly & sincerely doubt that 'll happen.

Just don't jump the shark too soon; and definitely DON'T believe the Hype...

P.S.: these guys are professional marketeers; they're NóT the Stones.
The Stones have settled for a buy-out (albeit an astronomically huge one...) for each concert;
now it's up to them market men to make the most out of US.

Not necessarily, pit tickets in 2013 were only sold via packages...and some got lucky with the "dip" too.

Rock Werchter 2014 was easy to get pit tix for 155 Euros, I'm fine with cheap standing in Barca and wtf american express this is Europe

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 9, 2017 20:07

corriecas
Really dont understand, why they dont give gigs in their homecountry.

Next year? As a "jubelee" (1963-2018)/farewell tour?

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: May 9, 2017 20:07

I tried to buy tickets for exhibitionism on the app.
You have to make an account with adress, phonenumber, emailadress and password.
Then you can choose between visa, mastercard and amex.
It only works for me with the last date of exhibitionism.

But now I have already an account and this will save some time tomorrow.

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: May 9, 2017 20:08

Grand name for a tour. Let's hope it's so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-12 03:26 by hopkins.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: May 9, 2017 20:11

Cristiano Radtke

Just out of curiosity I tried to purchase a Exhibitionism ticket and it was painful. The app only let me choose at what time I wanted to go but that was all. It didn't ask me any infos about credit card or whatever, it just stopped on the timemap and I couldn't buy anything.

I wish the best of luck for all those who'll try to buy concert tickets tomorrow.

Same problem here... :-(

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: May 9, 2017 20:11

dead.flowers
The tour starting in Hamburg - my place btw -, is it likely that rehearsals will also be held in Hamburg?

dead.flowers

I'd say Paris or London ist more likely. They will do some stage rehearsals in Hamburg probably, though.

Date: May 9, 2017 20:14

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-09 20:15 by Niek.

Date: May 9, 2017 20:15

ErwinH
Cristiano Radtke

Just out of curiosity I tried to purchase a Exhibitionism ticket and it was painful. The app only let me choose at what time I wanted to go but that was all. It didn't ask me any infos about credit card or whatever, it just stopped on the timemap and I couldn't buy anything.

I wish the best of luck for all those who'll try to buy concert tickets tomorrow.

Same problem here... :-(
I tried too and it work out well.
Take the last exhibitionism ticket and do if you try to buy the VIP card.
You then have to make an account and choose payment. It worked!

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: May 9, 2017 20:20

Niek
I tried too and it work out well.
Take the last exhibitionism ticket and do if you try to buy the VIP card.
You then have to make an account and choose payment. It worked!

Thanks Niek!
Now I have an account, hope the ticketsale will go smoothly tomorrowmorning...

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: May 9, 2017 20:21

I would not be too stressed about the RS app. In my experience, they never relaese many great seats or tickets through offical pre sales. When I signed up a $100 membership @ www.rollingstones.com before the US tour in 2005, I was only offered lousy seats - whilst good seats were avaialble when the real sale started two days later. This have been the case ever since. For the Zip Code tour I got my best tickets long after the offical sale had started.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: May 9, 2017 20:27

The Worst.
I would not be too stressed about the RS app. In my experience, they never relaese many great seats or tickets through offical pre sales. When I signed up a $100 membership @ www.rollingstones.com before the US tour in 2005, I was only offered lousy seats - whilst good seats were avaialble when the real sale started two days later. This have been the case ever since. For the Zip Code tour I got my best tickets long after the offical sale had started.

how long?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 9, 2017 20:29

satisfaction2
Amsterdam:

Premium G.A. Standing 190.00 EUR* (inc. 10.00 EUR fees)

G.A. Standing 108.90 EUR* (inc. 9.90 EUR fees)

Seated 205.00 EUR* (inc. 10.00 EUR fees)

Seated 155.00 EUR* (inc. 10.00 EUR fees)

Seated 125.00 EUR* (inc. 10.00 EUR fees)

Seated 104.50 EUR* (inc. 9.50 EUR fees)

Seated 82.50 EUR* (inc. 7.50 EUR fees)

Wheelchair-/Helperseats 108.90 EUR* (inc. 9.90 EUR fees)

The Amsterdam Arena...Man!!!! The worst place for a concert even 25 Euro is too expensive....pity

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: May 9, 2017 20:34

what do you think, how fast tickets will sell out? especially in Italy or Austria?

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: May 9, 2017 20:35

NICOS
satisfaction2
Amsterdam:

The Amsterdam Arena...Man!!!! The worst place for a concert even 25 Euro is too expensive....pity

The ECHO-Arena. I looked only for the prices.

I think prices will be in Düsseldorf like Amsterdam. And FOS-sound in DUS was great in 2014!

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: May 9, 2017 20:37

The Worst.

But the App is at no cost... is that right?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 9, 2017 20:39

satisfaction2
NICOS
satisfaction2
Amsterdam:

The ECHO-Arena. I looked only for the prices.

I think prices will be in Düsseldorf like Amsterdam. And FOS-sound in DUS was great in 2014!

It was not against your post satisfaction2 ...ECHO indeed

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 9, 2017 20:44

Javadave

a wig, a robe and some rouge and try to sneak in with the YCAGWYW choir.

...or during "Honky Tonk Women "... smoking smiley

Posted by: tomremi ()
Date: May 9, 2017 20:45

New tour = Awsome!

-TomR

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: May 9, 2017 20:51

DeanGoodman
JN99
Wow, just checked and not a single room to be found in the whole of Lucca sad smiley

I imagine the vast majority of folks will take the 90-minute train from Florence. At least there's no Werchter this time.

By splendid coincidence we already have plans to be in Italy and in fact not too far away in the Cinque Terre on the 23rd/24th so those plans are likely changing now! Wish we could just grab a room in Lucca and hangout for the weekend but we'll be looking for alternatives - not Florence though as we will be there the following w/e. Excited!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 9, 2017 20:56

some technical question: is MAY 12 12:00PM midnight between May 11 and May 12 or midnight between May 12 and May 13?

Posted by: wachterc ()
Date: May 9, 2017 21:00

slewan
some technical question: is MAY 12 12:00PM midnight between May 11 and May 12 or midnight between May 12 and May 13?
I would say it is midday...
And another question. Is it local time? Meaning local time of the country of the venue?

Posted by: The Worst. ()

Zgredzik: Well, for example, for the Atlanta show I gave up buying tickets online because of that slow site that were selling tickets for that particular show (not ticketmaster). One month before the show I called and explained their site was too slow and asked if they had any good seats left – which they had. Regarding the same tour, I remember buying pre-sales tickets for Orlando, only to experience that better tickets (as expected) were on sale a few days later.

Pre-sales are part of a cynical marketing strategy that applies psychology. It’s supposed to give customers the worrying feel that only few tickets are left. This way “lucky” pre-sale customers rush to buy mediocre seats before the general sale. That’s my theory based on years of vast experience of buying tickets online. Hot packages (gold, diamond, platina, silver etc.) rarely offers fantastic seats, but is just another way of selling regular tickets for double, triple or quadruple price – the only difference being that you get a t-shirt, a poster and/or a laminated ticket with it. But pre-sales have also been useful in my experience, for example to get tickets at «small» venues (such as Waldbühne etc.) and so called FOS (Front of stage) tickets at certain venues – but most importantly it saves you a lot of time and stress because you don’t have to go through 19 nervous breakdowns when sites and servers hang up on the day of the general sale. I don’t know how the RS APP will work out tomorrow, of course, but I think there will be FOS/Gold/Premium tickets available at the time of the general sale – especially if the price is as much as €800. Few customers rush to buy so extremely expensive tickets, even if they’re hardcore fans – and after a while it’s not unusual that those horrendous prices go down because they’re not selling out at that rate.

Oct. 6th 2017, Stones to Oslo Norway??
Posted by: tomremi ()
Date: May 9, 2017 20:44

Any chance you think?

-TomR

Re: Oct. 6th 2017, Stones to Oslo Norway??
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()

Maybe. But they had to play a gig every 3-4 days over several weeks then which I believe is unlikely. Maybe more likely is a date after Paris, especially if the tour runs longer because of (for whatever reason) rescheduled shows (see 1998, 2003).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-09 21:02 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 9, 2017 21:10

wachterc

Is it local time? Meaning local time of the country of the venue?

It's the local time of the country of the venue = Central European Summer Time (CEST).

And 12pm is noon - between 11am and 1pm ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-09 21:30 by Irix.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 9, 2017 21:10

now I downloaded that app via itunes on my macbook… But what can I do with it without a smartphone?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 9, 2017 21:11

runaway
gotdablouse
RoughJusticeOnYa
Irix
karimamilena

Ideas?

As close to the Stage as possible means: "Tongue Pit" since 2012 -- in this case: "No Filter Pit" for just 799.00 EUR ....

...Correct; but only partly - the 799,00 EUR you're referring to is for the "Start Me Up package " - which is INCLUDING a 'Pit' ticket.

There WILL be 'Pit' tickets... without that package *BS* (the T-shirt! the laminated pass! the complimentary drink! access to some 'non'-party! etcetera).

It's just marketing, you see. They'll first lead you on to believe these 'packages' ARE (the only) pit tickets; and then they'll start selling the ordinary pit tix...

Off course: if the Pit is sold out with all these packages, then their wet dream becomes reality and our blue turns to grey... That's simple economics.
But (regardless of the capacity of each of those pits): at 799,00 EUR per package, I highly & sincerely doubt that 'll happen.

Just don't jump the shark too soon; and definitely DON'T believe the Hype...

P.S.: these guys are professional marketeers; they're NóT the Stones.
The Stones have settled for a buy-out (albeit an astronomically huge one...) for each concert;
now it's up to them market men to make the most out of US.

Not necessarily, pit tickets in 2013 were only sold via packages...and some got lucky with the "dip" too.

Rock Werchter 2014 was easy to get pit tix for 155 Euros, I'm fine with cheap standing in Barca and wtf american express this is Europe

Werchter was a "Golden Circle" a lot bigger and easier to get tickets for that than for the tiny "Tongue Pit" in 2012 (only for insiders and a couple of lucky Facebook pre-sales) and 2013 (only insiders and Pit Packages for $1500).

@NIEK - Thanks for the account creation tip in the app.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 9, 2017 21:12

slewan

now I downloaded that app via itunes on my macbook… But what can I do with it without a smartphone?

Unfortunately nothing - you need a iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch (with iOS 8.0 or later) for the App ....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-09 21:20 by Irix.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: May 9, 2017 21:17

corriecas
Really dont understand, why they dont give gigs in their homecountry.

Perhaps there is some confusion on the part of the band's management. They are calling this a 'European Tour'. Maybe they mistakenly think the UK is no longer in Europe, following the EU Referendum.

I expect a UK or an England tour to follow with, at an absolute minimum, two dates in London and one in Manchester.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 9, 2017 21:21

VoodooLounge13
Sorry from the States. Thanks for the quick post responses so far!! Are street signs in English as well? My fear is not being able to find my way around. One particular European country, which shall remain nameless, has virtually nothing in English and I've no desire to ever return due to the horrible experience I had there years ago. And this time I'd be coming alone so I'd only have my wits to rely on, which aren't many!!! smoking smiley

Most countries in Europe speak and write their own local language like french, german, italian, swedish, danish etc. having said that, I have been on travel to Japan, Russia and many other countries where I speak nothing and I read nothing related to their letters or words. People are freindly and you will have no problems finding your way any place in Europe during this tour.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 82

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1910
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home