Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones European Tour 2017
Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: April 30, 2017 09:14

timbernardis
IanBillen
Ya can't bet on any tour ... until there are 'several' bookings and a announcement is imminent ... and upcoming. The Stones are known to change their plans ..

I would say if and or when they announce their next set of shows the new album will be complete or need very little to cap.

Can't see them touring or doing any string of shows at this point (anywhere) without finally getting this album completed. Been too long and an ongoing thing to break away from it yet again to put off. If...<< IF they announce a tour .. or string of shows at this point (anywhere) the album will be mostly set to go IMO.

Ian

They've toured plenty without a new album to support. Since ABB, they've toured in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016.

plexi

Yes... I realize that completely (even caught em on a few of those ...2002 .. and 2015... if you are not counting 2002 with Licks and 2015 with Sticky Fingers re-release).

However they were never this much 'in deep' with an album .. and it has been a year and a half for the most part. There comes a time when you gotta put up or finally shut-up about it ... and I think they realize that point will have been reached.

Fans have been awaiting this and they <know>. Not that that means everything but The Stones have never ... went 3 straight years working on and off on an album. Cant see them stretching this into 2018 to get to that. Two years is plenty and they know it.

Ian

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 30, 2017 10:30

Didn't Keith's CH album take about 3 years from first sessions to actual release?

Posted by: Erhard51 ()
Date: April 30, 2017 11:56

timbernardis
Erhard51
Hello Plexi, you are welcome again in Duisburg, Germay. You can stay in my home if you like.

Thanks for your kind offer, Erhard. Has your Stones collection grown even more since the Trefffest in 2008?

plexi

Yes, my collection grown even more since 2008.thumbs up

Posted by: PdeGroot ()
Date: April 30, 2017 12:26

Great news !!!
I was some days not on Iorr and see already 6 pages of rumoured gigs.Great Sunday morning start
And Ziggo Dome,Barcelona, Düsseldorf and Londen O2 would be great

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: April 30, 2017 12:27

They can tour with or without new album, no new album is important for the Stones since 1981, they are a legend and 99.99% of the people is there to see the legend, it could care less if they play a new song or not.

Also on a 18-19 song setlist there's no room for many new stuff, about 15 songs are the same every night and they just released a covers album, I won't be surprised if they play 2 songs from B&L each night, 1 rarity and that's it.

The Stones touring in 2017 is a gift, that's the most important thing.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: April 30, 2017 13:00

georgelicks
They can tour with or without new album, no new album is important for the Stones since 1981, they are a legend and 99.99% of the people is there to see the legend, it could care less if they play a new song or not.

Also on a 18-19 song setlist there's no room for many new stuff, about 15 songs are the same every night and they just released a covers album, I won't be surprised if they play 2 songs from B&L each night, 1 rarity and that's it.

1 B&L song. The casual fans would go pissing if they play two blues numbers. It worked pretty well in Leipzig 03, but with the Youngs.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: April 30, 2017 13:13

1)Come back in Europe after only three years with the same show, the same "Concept" and without new stuff would be a little bit disappointing don't you?!It would be a sort of "Vegas Tour" and Mick hate this!

2)With a new album in the can(by December 2015...)and almost finished it would be a stupid choice touring without the new album coming out...

3)If UMG rumours were that it will be ready in the summer...I think that likely we will have the new album with the new Tour in September don't you?!

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: April 30, 2017 14:20

mailexile67
1)Come back in Europe after only three years with the same show, the same "Concept" and without new stuff would be a little bit disappointing don't you?!It would be a sort of "Vegas Tour" and Mick hate this!

2)With a new album in the can(by December 2015...)and almost finished it would be a stupid choice touring without the new album coming out...

3)If UMG rumours were that it will be ready in the summer...I think that likely we will have the new album with the new Tour in September don't you?!

They do Vegas Tours since 28 years (except US 1999 and half of the Licks Tour).

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: April 30, 2017 16:25

georgelicks

But despite greatness of the past, they may care about how they will be remembered by a not so sentimentally inclined future. Not so kind, I am afraid. I hope they (at least Mick Jagger) are aware.

Even I as a type of fanboy, think it appears as pathetic and increasingly degrading.

Date: April 30, 2017 17:17

Witness
georgelicks

But despite greatness of the past, they may care about how they will be remembered by a not so sentimentally inclined future. Not so kind, I am afraid. I hope they (at least Mick Jagger) are aware.

Even I as a type of fanboy, think it appears as pathetic and increasingly degrading.

They tried to change more around in the setlist on the BB-tour. To be honest, I'm not sure if those shows were superior to the shows in recent years..

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 30, 2017 17:34

mailexile67

people think that if they say things like "the" new album in the can, and almost finished, that it makes them true. Have they recorded one song towards a new album? Is there anyone here who has any information about any new songs they have recorded towards an album of new songs? They talk a lot about doing a new album. The thing is, they did one and that is the new album they will be touring behind. the rest is just PR to keep the ball in the air.

Date: April 30, 2017 18:04

jlowe
Didn't Keith's CH album take about 3 years from first sessions to actual release?

More than three for Crosseyed Heart .. however we aren't talking solo albums.. (at least I wasn't) .. We are talking about new "Rolling Stones" albums.

Even with counting that (which ya can't..we are talking publisized 'Rolling Stones' ..not solo albums albums) That was not a planned album .. that was an accumulation of songs written that eventually he was persuaded to go into the studio with .. (which took another 2-3 years).

This is a Rolling Stones album .. one they have been <officially> writing and working on for almost a year and a half already ..

When I say official this means they have been telling us .. although minimally how it has been going and that they are working on a new album.

No Stones album ever took three years to complete .. not even 2 (just to put it in perspective). I think they will finally finish this up at this point before touring is my opinion.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 30, 2017 18:07

This is so exciting! It has been 10 years since I visited my family in England and have been putting it off this year to coordinate with the Stones tour - I have never seen them in my home town of London - hope they play there before the shitty weather in November, even if it is inside smiling smiley Hope for Spain too!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: April 30, 2017 20:07

Only questions I care are about Keith playing in 2017...

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 30, 2017 21:05

powerage78
Or - Ronnie being able to continue his good guitar work compensating for Keith.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 30, 2017 21:10

Please post a scan of us before the lights go out.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 30, 2017 21:32

mtaylor
powerage78
Or - Ronnie being able to continue his good guitar work compensating for Keith.

they'll do the usual thing: Let Keith play (or @#$%& off) the intro riff, then turn him down in the mix and let Ronnie do the rest…

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: April 30, 2017 22:21

They never do something like that. At a concert you hear every note Keith plays loud and clear, wether it's the right one or not. There is nothing to hide.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: April 30, 2017 22:23

Georgelicks nailed it on the head. They are THE ROLLING STONES. 99% of the crowd
want to hear JJ Flash, Brown Sugar, Start Me Up etc. A new album means squat to the masses. Even if the new album is fantastic, you wont hear more than 2 songs off of it each show, and maybe 2 from Blue and Lonesome. Fifteen of the songs will be the same stuff we have heard from 1989 onward. The set list in 1989 was special because there were tons of songs that hadnt been played in years.

Paint it Black- now a staple but prior to 1989, last played in 1967
the same goes for Ruby Tuesday. Hell even, IORR hadnt been played since 1976, as well as Sympathy, Midnight Rambler, Gimme Shelter.
It was the first time in the USA since 1972 for BITCH and DEAD FLOWERS. HAPPY returned for the first time since 1978.

1994 saw the edition of LIVE WITH ME, MONKEY MAN, MEMORY Motel, Wild Horses, ALL DOWN THE LINE, Beast of Burden, ROCKS OFF to name a few. And these are still played quite often
You get my drift. There is not much left in the old cannon that can surprise the masses any more. And no, they arent going to play TURD ON THE RUN for us die hards

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: April 30, 2017 22:37

"This is one I don't think we've tried before...hope you like it...its called I Just Wanna See His Face"

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 30, 2017 22:57

Hullo Ziggodome, Amsterdam: This is one of the songs Ronnie has always pressed us to do in rehearsals... Come On.
Jeroen

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: April 30, 2017 23:24

99 %? I hope you all were just bad in Maths at School!
Out of 50,000 that means just 500 real Stones fans who appreciate something else but JJF and Paint It Black?!
And georgelicks had it even down to 99.99 % - that's just five.
Ok, Björnulf and who else...

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: May 1, 2017 01:48

I would be happy if they change out 5 songs a night they hav'nt done that in a long time maybe ABB? They should mix up 5 a night it's good for them too so they don't get bored with the same set list especially if they are only going to be playing 2 shows a week. That's brutal for us traveling from America or anywhere else in the world.. Hopefully they can sqeeze in 3 shows but i will be taking the Train Euro Rail pass what i uaually do when i'm there it depends on there shows how they are set up. BV is right i can't believe it i looked for rooms last night and some hotels are already sold out so get on it if your going! Hopefully we get a more for sure show city list so we can plan out our travels. I'm so happy there starting in Germany i have alot of German friends i can't wait to see it's been 10 years! YES!! The Stones are Rolling again people were lucky!!!!

Date: May 1, 2017 01:54

Bashlets
Georgelicks nailed it on the head. They are THE ROLLING STONES. 99% of the crowd
want to hear JJ Flash, Brown Sugar, Start Me Up etc. A new album means squat to the masses. Even if the new album is fantastic, you wont hear more than 2 songs off of it each show, and maybe 2 from Blue and Lonesome. Fifteen of the songs will be the same stuff we have heard from 1989 onward. The set list in 1989 was special because there were tons of songs that hadnt been played in years.

Paint it Black- now a staple but prior to 1989, last played in 1967
the same goes for Ruby Tuesday. Hell even, IORR hadnt been played since 1976, as well as Sympathy, Midnight Rambler, Gimme Shelter.
It was the first time in the USA since 1972 for BITCH and DEAD FLOWERS. HAPPY returned for the first time since 1978.

1994 saw the edition of LIVE WITH ME, MONKEY MAN, MEMORY Motel, Wild Horses, ALL DOWN THE LINE, Beast of Burden, ROCKS OFF to name a few. And these are still played quite often
You get my drift. There is not much left in the old cannon that can surprise the masses any more. And no, they arent going to play TURD ON THE RUN for us die hards

Not long ago they did brilliant versions of Around And Around, Little Red Rooster, Under The Boardwalk, Lady Jane and others. So they still got it in them, I believesmiling smiley

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: May 1, 2017 02:01

timbernardis
timbernardis
child-of-the-moon
timbernardis
Erhard51
12.09.1965 my first Stones-Concert in Essen - Grugahalle

12.09.2017 perhaps my last Stones-Concert in Munich - Olympiastadium ????

Hello Erhard. Might be looking for a place to stay in Deutschland again for one of the shows.

plexi

Timothy, we all would love it to have you again here in Germany.

And I would love to be there. Thanks for your sentiments. You make me feel especially welcome. I surmise you are on Treff but I don't know your real name.

plexi

Oh, you are Olaf, how could I be so stupid!!

plexi
Hi Erhard, i think i met you at Kansas City or some show in the States? Anyway Plexi get a hold of me i'll have a room lat me know what shows your going too. Keep on Rocking!!

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: May 1, 2017 05:40

Unless a new album comes out (which will result in 2 new songs being played), as others have posted, expect the same 15 songs to grace the set-list. And don't forget, over the last few years, the Stones set-list is down to approximately 18-19 songs now which does not allow for newer and/or obscure songs.

I would pee my pants with delight (LOL) if the Stones took a risk for once and toured behind Blue and Lonesome and added other assorted blues tunes thrown in for good member. My hunch is that they would get GREAT reviews by the media/music industry.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: May 1, 2017 06:23

I may be traveling by myself from San Diego, as my Stones buddy can't swing Europe. Hopefully I can meet, travel, stay with someone. Waiting for an arena concert though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-01 06:24 by 2014Slayer.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: May 1, 2017 06:23

Amsterdam would be great, an easy overnight from LAX.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-01 06:28 by 2014Slayer.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: May 1, 2017 06:37

IanBillen
jlowe

No Stones album ever took three years to complete .. not even 2 (just to put it in perspective). I think they will finally finish this up at this point before touring is my opinion.

Take everything you know about Stones records done before 2012 and toss it out the blooody window. Times have changed. I wouldn't expect a new record before the tour, unless they start working on it like a full time band right away.

Date: May 1, 2017 09:38

mpj200
IanBillen
jlowe

Take everything you know about Stones records done before 2012 and toss it out the blooody window. Times have changed. I wouldn't expect a new record before the tour, unless they start working on it like a full time band right away.

The album will be out this year (most likely in the fall) tour or no tour. Sure .. they would rather have a tour or string of shows planned to coincide with it but after the 'surprising' success of a blues all remakes album a new tour will not be necessary to promote it. It will sell very well on it's own.

The album will come this year tour or no tour.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-01 09:41 by IanBillen.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 82

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2090
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home