Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Jeff Beck not a Stone b/c "not into chaos"
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 30, 2017 00:34

DandelionPowderman
As far as I know, no one said he ruined the show, either. Those were your words.

Some liked it, some didn't. Why stir it up?

"bad addition to the show" or "ruined the show"

Just semantics.

- Doxa

Date: April 30, 2017 00:40

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
As far as I know, no one said he ruined the show, either. Those were your words.

Just semantics.

- Doxa

It takes more than a couple of bad numbers to ruin a show for me - so that's clearly a misunderstanding.

Date: April 30, 2017 00:44

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

Just semantics.

- Doxa

It takes more than a couple of bad numbers to ruin a show for me - so that's clearly a misunderstanding.

Fair enough. So sorry that you had to suffer that Beck moment, but so glad you survived it.

- Doxa

Date: April 30, 2017 00:47

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

Just semantics.

- Doxa

Fair enough. So sorry that you had to suffer that Beck moment, but so glad you survived it.

- Doxa

If there is humour involved here, it's well hidden, my friend smiling smiley

Date: April 30, 2017 00:50

DandelionPowderman

If there is humour involved here, it's well hidden, my friend smiling smiley

There's always is, mate...winking smiley

- Doxa

Date: April 30, 2017 04:02

potus43
straycatuk
My very worst experience at a Stones show was Beck's guest appearance at the o2 gig. Completely ott fret wanking. He would NEVER suit the Stones ! He's not made a decent record since Ronnie was his bass player. Completely overrated IN MY OPINION ONLY

SC UK

Could not agree more. His playing makes no sense. He overplays, etc. why he has this reputation is beyond me

i know. overplays so much

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

that pretty restrained

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 30, 2017 04:35

The majority may not have liked the O2 appearance, but they sure would love to hear Beck join them at The 100 Club for Stu's memorial gig...alongside Clapton, Townshend, Jack Bruce, and Simon Kirke.

And Doxa, the rather narrow view of some fans (which usually takes an unrealistically narrow view of Keith's own tastes and contributions over the years) is just their particular doxology, if you'll pardon the expression.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 30, 2017 13:24

No single song can ruin a Stones show. Christ! I've seen them play Miss You 40+ times !

I really can't be bothered....... Every time I voice my opinion, I remember why I stopped posting here. Keyboard warriors waiting to pick up on every .......... well , anything really.

I'll see you at the shows !

sc uk

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 30, 2017 16:17

straycatuk
No single song can ruin a Stones show. Christ! I've seen them play Miss You 40+ times !

I really can't be bothered....... Every time I voice my opinion, I remember why I stopped posting here. Keyboard warriors waiting to pick up on every .......... well , anything really.

I'll see you at the shows !

sc uk

let's not even talk "emotional rescue" or "streets of love"! tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 30, 2017 17:23

No, I don't think Beck would have suited the Stones. What I do miss sometimes is a more lyrical or melodic guitarplayer as a contrast to "the weaving". Someone who can play a decent solo and keep a song together.
Like Clapton on Little Red Rooster. Or Taylor in the old days.
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: April 30, 2017 19:58

keefriffhard4life
potus43
straycatuk
My very worst experience at a Stones show was Beck's guest appearance at the o2 gig. Completely ott fret wanking. He would NEVER suit the Stones ! He's not made a decent record since Ronnie was his bass player. Completely overrated IN MY OPINION ONLY

SC UK

Could not agree more. His playing makes no sense. He overplays, etc. why he has this reputation is beyond me

Tight

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

that pretty restrained

Right! He has no restraint. Horrible choice as a guest

Date: April 30, 2017 20:57

keefriffhard4life
potus43
straycatuk

SC UK

[www.youtube.com]

that pretty restrained

What a beautiful version. Beck is the Wizard of the Strat. thumbs up

Date: April 30, 2017 21:43

potus43
keefriffhard4life
potus43
straycatuk

SC UK

Tight

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

that pretty restrained

you must not know anything about good guitar playing at all. he's playing very few notes in those songs. using the whammy bar isn't playing extra notes

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 1, 2017 01:06

Jeff is the best, period, in my worthless opinion:

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 1, 2017 02:41

Hairball, they kept "Goin' Down" in the setlist for at one show in Newark that year, Dec. 15.
I was there and it was great. They had Gary Clark Jr. and John Mayer playing with the band.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 1, 2017 04:29

angee
Hairball, they kept "Goin' Down" in the setlist for at one show in Newark that year, Dec. 15.
I was there and it was great. They had Gary Clark Jr. and John Mayer playing with the band.

Must have been a good time Angee! thumbs up

The special guests I saw that tour were Katy Perry (Beast of Burden -Vegas), John Mayer (Champagne and Reefer - Anaheim 1), Dave Grohl (Bitch - Anaheim 2), and then instead of having a guest at Staples Center 2 show, they unleashed Sway with Mick Taylor (who also played on Midnight Rambler, CYHMK, and Satisfaction). While that last show was the best of all, I did enjoy the Dave Grohl appearance (even though I wouldn't have thought so beforehand)- it was a smokin' version of Bitch.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 1, 2017 13:26

angee

I was at the show with Katy Perry. While she didn't offend me, I was really hoping for BB King. He was in town on a tour break. Opportunity lost sadly.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 1, 2017 20:29

I was there with Katy Perry too...similar reaction to you, crh.

I would have loved to see Jeff Beck guesting, personally.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 1, 2017 20:32

potus43
keefriffhard4life
potus43
straycatuk

SC UK

Tight

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

that pretty restrained

A Tr*mp supporter has lost the right to comment on taste or restraint. You've already proven zero capability to judge or exercise either.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 1, 2017 20:44

Wow its looks like people either love Jeff Beck or hate him.

Date: May 1, 2017 21:53

angee

THAT was terrific. I was there. Thank God Beck wasn't there to ruin it.

Date: May 1, 2017 21:54

keefriff99
potus43
keefriffhard4life
potus43
straycatuk

SC UK

Tight

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

that pretty restrained

A Tr*mp supporter has lost the right to comment on taste or restraint. You've already proven zero capability to judge or exercise either.

WE won! You LOST! HAHAHAHAAH

Date: May 1, 2017 23:09

why are politics in this thread?

Date: May 1, 2017 23:24

One must be very cold blooded not to like this piece of music, Keith at 4:22.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: May 2, 2017 01:08

If Beck wanted to, he could have very easily fit into the Stones' sound. He's shown he can play almost anything. And Keith made a lot of great music with MT even though they weren't close.
Everybody has their own idea of chaos, though. To Keith, the Stones are probably very orderly, especially during the 70s. They toured, they went into the studio and they toured and then they went back in the studio. They also showed up for their promotional things and interviews. And for all the talk about Keith being late, they had a reputation for working long hours once they got down to it.
But I understand that Beck didn't want to adapt to being secondary to Keith the same way Charlie or Bill did.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: May 2, 2017 01:50

'not into chaos'... what a wuss.

Date: May 2, 2017 02:07

TheflyingDutchman

[www.youtube.com]

Exciting to you/ totally boring to me. That' what makes the world go round

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 2, 2017 11:34

So everybody hates Worried about you, Hot Stuff, Hand of fate and Memory Motel. Had Beck joined them he probably would have worked with the band, he didnt and couldnt have because of the way Jagger and Richards produce their albums and the live shows. They need(ed) a third party to kick around.

Isnt Beck on One hit to the body? Waddy didnt look the part but he sure played it on Saint of me and Take it so hard. I think they benefit from collaborations. Ry Cooder being the best of course given his huge influence on the Let it bleed album and era and the change and additions to Keiths guitar playing.

Date: May 2, 2017 11:40

<So everybody hates Worried about you, Hot Stuff, Hand of fate and Memory Motel. Had Beck joined them he probably would have worked with the band>

Weird logic. We don't know how they would have turned out.

<Isnt Beck on One hit to the body?>

No

<Ry Cooder being the best of course>

Why? confused smiley

Brian, Mick and Ronnie were the best. Of the side musicians, I'd say Nicky, Bobby and Mac were the best. Not Ry Cooder..

Date: May 2, 2017 12:15

potus43
TheflyingDutchman

[www.youtube.com]

Exciting to you/ totally boring to me. That' what makes the world go round

Not even the girls? cool smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1939
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home