Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT : Jack Nicholson is 80 today
Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: April 22, 2017 18:35

Genius actor and old Stones friend Jack Nicholson is 80 today.

[www.latimes.com]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Re: OT : Jack Nicholson is 80 today
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 22, 2017 18:45

One of the greats

Nate smileys with beer

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 22, 2017 20:35

Wow...time flies.
One of my favorite actors in some of my favorite movies.
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and The Shining top the list for me, but there are many others

Just looked at his bio, and forgot that he had a small role in the movie Tommy!

Happy Birthday Jack!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 22, 2017 22:01

Gotta love Jack.

One of the best Stones concert memories for me includes a MSG concert (40 Licks) where I looked over to see Jack a few rows away rockin' out. Classic.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 22, 2017 23:55

Jack is such a treasure. So funny, at work today they were showing "The Bucket List". Not one of his better ones (his output since 1990 has been incredibly spotty) but still such a legend and mainly just an incredible personality. He still has that and they don't make actors of his, De Niro's, Pacino's calibre anymore. A great thing to watch is the behind the scenes documentary for The Shining. You see Jack on and off camera and its amazing how playful he is with everyone then just slips right into that character.

Anyway, I'm rambling. An incredible actor. No one like Jack. I love how Jackson Browne describes the two of them watching the Eagles and Jack says "repertoire". Very funny stuff and so typically Jack. One of those effortlessly cool mofos.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: April 23, 2017 05:11

Jack was singing Monty Python in "As Good as It Gets".
I like that scene.

By the way,
after seeing the movie "Rock the Casbah" and "St. Vincent", I think Bill Murray is approaching to Jack's territory.
Bill was singing Shelter from the Storm. I like that scene, too.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: April 23, 2017 06:13

smileys with beer JACK!!! smileys with beer

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: April 23, 2017 06:38

18 Major tournaments. Tiger will never catch him!grinning smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 23, 2017 10:41

Jack Nicholson, making a special restaurant menu order in the 1970 movie Five Easy Pieces... where he asks, no, tells, the waitress to "hold the chicken"... [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-23 20:33 by stonehearted.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: April 23, 2017 10:54

Sat in a row with Jack and my dad and Bob Rafelson and several of my friends and their friends at my first Stones show when I was ten, the late night Forum '69 one (and yes, I was actually there). The adults were smoking something illicit. Played golf once with him and Harry Dean Stanton about twenty years ago, when my twosome caught up with them at a hole waiting to tee off. I introduced myself as my dad's son, Jack insisted we play with them and it was a blast. Truly great actor and talented writer, loyal to his friends.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 23, 2017 14:45

stonehearted
Jack Nicholson, making a special restaurant menu order in the 1970 movie Five Easy Pieces... In other words, "hold the chicken"... [www.youtube.com]?

Here is a working link for the scene: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: April 23, 2017 15:39

Didn`t he behave very badly in that scene?

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: April 23, 2017 15:50

DaveG
18 Major tournaments. Tiger will never catch him!grinning smiley

i see what you did there, and i like it.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 23, 2017 16:56

TeddyB1018
Sat in a row with Jack and my dad and Bob Rafelson and several of my friends and their friends at my first Stones show when I was ten, the late night Forum '69 one (and yes, I was actually there). The adults were smoking something illicit. Played golf once with him and Harry Dean Stanton about twenty years ago, when my twosome caught up with them at a hole waiting to tee off. I introduced myself as my dad's son, Jack insisted we play with them and it was a blast. Truly great actor and talented writer, loyal to his friends.

Nice, thank you.
Happy 80th Jack.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 24, 2017 13:23

Happy Birthday !!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: April 24, 2017 14:24

One of my all time favorite Jack movies is one that gets little notice on the scale of his career. The Last Detail also starring Randy Quaid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-24 16:07 by virgil.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 24, 2017 15:43

Yeah, that's a great one!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 24, 2017 18:02

80! Damn, I must be getting old too!

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: April 24, 2017 19:03

virgil
One of my all time favorite Jack movies is one that gets little notice on the scale of his career. The Last Detail also starring Randy Quaid.

I saw that in a theater when I was a kid. That was a good one, as was "Chinatown." I also enjoyed his awkward singing appearance in "Tommy." Hard to believe he's 80. He was supposedly quite the partier back in the day, and even after the day. He still looks pretty good for a guy his age.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: April 24, 2017 19:27

stonehearted
Jack Nicholson, making a special restaurant menu order where he asks, no, tells, the waitress to "hold the chicken"

Waitress: You want me to hold the chicken?
Bobby Dupree: I want you to hold it between your kneeeez!

Love that scene. Used to use it in teaching about customer experience.

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 24, 2017 19:36

Like Mick (and Warren Beatty) : No apparent desire to write his autobiography.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 25, 2017 00:07

One flew over the cuckoo,s nest is a classic.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 25, 2017 09:01

Here's a little known Jack Nicholson movie, Ride in the Whirlwind, a western from 1966. Nicholson has a producer credit in this one as well.

Full movie: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: April 25, 2017 12:48

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: April 26, 2017 00:24

Love everything Jack has done, too bad our heroes get old and retire.
Jack for me is the greatest and the coolest.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 26, 2017 00:58

stone4ever
too bad our heroes get old and retire.

Imho Jack got retired in the early 80's when Lucas and Spielberg got really big. These two nuisances turned the American cinema into sth designed for 8-12 yo kids. In that silly universe serious actors like Nicholson were logically pushed to the side.

Compare how many (great) films JN did in the 70's and how many he did in the 80's.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: April 26, 2017 01:06

dcba
stone4ever

Imho Jack got retired in the early 80's when Lucas and Spielberg got really big. These two nuisances turned the American cinema into sth designed for 8-12 yo kids. In that silly universe serious actors like Nicholson were logically pushed to the side.

Compare how many (great) films JN did in the 70's and how many he did in the 80's.

Could not agree more, it did seem like there was no place left for Jack Nicholson. Films today just center around action fighting shooting and generally as much blood and guts as possible, however The Departed has all of the above. Jacks last great roll for me was Something's Gotta Give.

Date: April 26, 2017 01:49

dcba
stone4ever

he had great roles until the early 00's

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: April 26, 2017 08:36

Mike Nesmith's new autobiography, Infinite Tuesdays, has a few stories about Jack.
Nesmith thought he was the greatest thing thing since sliced bread. Nicholson wrote the Monkees movie Head and put the soundtrack album together.
Before the release of Easy Rider (financed with Monkees money), Jack told Mike that he would never appear on television again, considering it an inferior medium. And since 1968, he hasn't, not even a talk show. He also told Mike, after the success of Easy Rider, "Uh, Mike, call first before you drop by." Gone Hollywood.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 26, 2017 10:06

dcba
stone4ever

He could have done some serious work in the theatre. Must have had some offers.
He hardly needs the money does he?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1750
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home