Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 10 of 13
Re: Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones soundtrack to be released on cd in June
Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: June 21, 2017 02:32

DandelionPowderman
Kuntaman
The ladies and gentlemen CD doesn't sound very good at all, sad to say. Are there any chanses for a future release of more stuff from the US-tour 1972? The original live album that was stopped in 1972 surely had better sound, and was worked on by Stones and Jimmy Miller. Any chanses for a deal with the Allen Klein estate?

To my ears the planned live album didn't really sound any better.

You are comparing finished, authorized product (L&G) to bootleg media made from tapes that are several generations away from the actual master tapes that were most likely only rough mixes of material in consideration for the planned 1972 live album.

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones soundtrack to be released on cd in June
Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 21, 2017 02:53

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 21, 2017 06:25

Ummm I listed to the CD once. I guess that's it Im done.

Date: June 21, 2017 10:45

retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
Kuntaman
The ladies and gentlemen CD doesn't sound very good at all, sad to say. Are there any chanses for a future release of more stuff from the US-tour 1972? The original live album that was stopped in 1972 surely had better sound, and was worked on by Stones and Jimmy Miller. Any chanses for a deal with the Allen Klein estate?

To my ears the planned live album didn't really sound any better.

You are comparing finished, authorized product (L&G) to bootleg media made from tapes that are several generations away from the actual master tapes that were most likely only rough mixes of material in consideration for the planned 1972 live album.

I know that, but I have yet to be convinced about the Decca Live Album sounding superior to that of L&G - simply because no one has heard it in finished form.

That said, it sounds a bit like L&G: Very dry, no effects on the individual intruments and a bit dead. The panning is better, though. And I'm pretty sure there are some overdubs in there. I seem to recall that there are two Taylor-slides on All Down The Line?

Date: June 21, 2017 10:50

Date: June 21, 2017 14:39

That is NOT the unreleased live album from 1972.

It's just the title of a bootleg.

Just like "The Brussels Affair Definitive Edition" is not actually the definitive edition ...... but just a title of a bootleg album.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 21, 2017 14:50

True or not - the set list arrangement is awesome!!!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 21, 2017 15:03

More Hot Rocks
Ummm I listed to the CD once. I guess that's it Im done.

listened in the car yesterday a few times. there, it sounds great!!
jeroen

Date: June 21, 2017 15:19

Winning Ugly VXII

Just like "The Brussels Affair Definitive Edition" is not actually the definitive edition ...... but just a title of a bootleg album.

I know it's not the unreleased live album.

But it's more than you give it credit for. It's a bootleg release with songs from the same source, with the same order of songs (with overdubs) – as intended for release. For the Stones's part of the album, that is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-21 15:20 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: June 21, 2017 15:31

DandelionPowderman

From nzentgraf.de :

720811B 1972 11th August : THE ROLLING STONES. : U.S. radio (WMMS) / (Radio Cleveland).
Broadcast of the unreleased 1972 tour live-album.

- You Can't Always Get What You Want (MJ/KR) - Houston 25.6.72, 1st show
- Sweet Virginia (MJ/KR) -Philadelphia 21.7.72, 1st show
- Bitch (MJ/KR) -Philadelphia 20.7.72
- All Down The Line (MJ/KR) -Houston 25.6.72, 1st show
- Happy (MJ/KR) -Fort Worth 24.6.72, 1st show
- Tumbling Dice (MJ/KR) -Philadelphia 20.7.72
- Rip This Joint (MJ/KR)-Fort Worth 24.6.72, 1st show
- Gimme Shelter (MJ/KR) -Philadelphia 20.7.72
- Brown Sugar (MJ/KR) -Philadelphia 20.7.72
- Uptight/Satisfaction (Sylvia Moy/Henry Cosby/Stevie Wonder)(MJ/KR)
-unidentified source, July 1972

Note: Some dates and places are unsure.

Date: June 21, 2017 15:39

DandelionPowderman
Winning Ugly VXII

But it's more than you give it credit for. It's a bootleg release with songs from the same source, with the same order of songs (with overdubs) – as intended for release. For the Stones's part of the album, that is.

It's not the release to make judgements off of. Stonehenge 003 that is. The standard point of reference is "Keep Your Motor Runnin" ( VGP-243 ).

Maybe "Very Ancient, Thank You Kindly" ( SCO-30 ) Scorpio Records # 30 is the second option but many added bonus tracks going into 1973 besides the 1972 material.

* [www.rollingstonesnet.com] *

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 21, 2017 19:37

So when does this CD get released in the stores ? (L&G )

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 21, 2017 19:55

TheGreek

It's out for a couple of days...

Date: June 21, 2017 21:46

shortfatfanny
TheGreek

Thank you for the info ,so it's in the stores .

Date: June 22, 2017 08:04

DandelionPowderman
Winning Ugly VXII

Whatever it is, it's a bootleg release. I would be surprised if a 1972 professional multitrack live recording properly mixed sounds any worse than 1969 YaYa's or 1971 Roundhouse. L&G definitely does, for reasons we don't know, be it missing mastertapes, be it sheer laziness, but that says nothing about the sound of the unreleased live album.

Date: June 22, 2017 10:13

retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
Winning Ugly VXII

Whatever it is, it's a bootleg release. I would be surprised if a 1972 professional multitrack live recording properly mixed sounds any worse than 1969 YaYa's or 1971 Roundhouse. L&G definitely does, for reasons we don't know, be it missing mastertapes, be it sheer laziness, but that says nothing about the sound of the unreleased live album.

Well, Leeds 1971 did.. And the 1972 bootleg soundboard sounds suspiciously similar to that of L&G sound quality-wise.

Date: June 22, 2017 15:53

Leeds 1971 was not recorded specifically for a planned live album. It was a radio broadcast as far as I know. And the bootleg soundboards from 1972 that you seem to be judging this by are not pure direct from the master soundboard recordings but rather tapes which have suffered generation loss. Judging by what you have posted,you are not even basing your opinion off of the best available bootleg tapes.

If you were correct,it would have to mean that the Stones used good recording techniques in 1969 and for the Roundhouse in 1971 but then switched to use bad recording techniques for the 1972 tour planned live album,Philadelphia etc.,and then back to using good recording techniques for subsequent tours. It is possible I guess but,I doubt it. It wouldn't make much sense.

Date: June 22, 2017 15:59

Winning Ugly VXII
Leeds 1971 was not recorded specifically for a planned live album. It was a radio broadcast as far as I know. And the bootleg soundboards from 1972 that you seem to be judging this by are not pure direct from the master soundboard recordings but rather tapes which have suffered generation loss. Judging by what you have posted,you are not even basing your opinion off of the best available bootleg tapes.

If you were correct,it would have to mean that the Stones used good recording techniques in 1969 and for the Roundhouse in 1971 but then switched to use bad recording techniques for the 1972 tour planned live album,Philadelphia etc.,and then back to using good recording techniques for subsequent tours. It is possible I guess but,I doubt it. It wouldn't make much sense.

I didn't say I haven't heard the other boots - I have heard those, of course. They just don't sound great. But, yes, the first generation tapes, properly mixed, will probably sound better.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 22, 2017 16:34

What a lost opportunity. The CD sounds like shit! They should have gone back in and remixed the bloody thing from the original tapes. I won't pick this up if it is released on vinyl. Shite.

Date: June 22, 2017 16:36

The sound is neither good nor that bad.
It's the first time ever there's official audio from 1972 available ( beside the footage ).
I take and like it for what it is : an audio document ,listenable and enjoyable,at least for me.
Compared to some bootlegs celebrated rightful for the excellent performance but hardly listenable because of horrible sound quality this one will do it for me right now...after 45 years.
And maybe...someday...there will be more from'72 shows...
If not,that's it.

Date: June 22, 2017 16:37

whitem8
What a lost opportunity. The CD sounds like shit! They should have gone back in and remixed the bloody thing from the original tapes. I won't pick this up if it is released on vinyl. Shite.

Maybe they couldn't?

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: June 22, 2017 17:37

Just got mine today, I will listen tonight. It looks lovely though >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: June 22, 2017 18:16

DandelionPowderman
whitem8

Maybe they couldn't?

Seems likely that they would've remixed it if they could. Although I think this fills the missing 1972 live gap for the time, I live in hope that a high-quality source still exists for another 1972 show.

Date: June 22, 2017 18:17

shortfatfanny
TheGreek

I checked BestBuy and it's not even listed ?

Date: June 22, 2017 19:01

TheGreek
shortfatfanny
TheGreek

[www.amazon.de]

Don't know where you're from,Greek...ordered mine at amazon.de,guess it should be available at the other amazones as well...
funny enough,local supermarket of my hometown usually providing the charts and some crap CD's got it last Saturday...almost beetween apples and bananas...

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: June 23, 2017 04:29

At first it sounded very confused to say the least but have a good twiddle with your graphic equalizer and you can get a good sound. Just suck some bass out.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: June 23, 2017 08:10

DandelionPowderman
retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
Winning Ugly VXII

Well, Leeds 1971 did.. And the 1972 bootleg soundboard sounds suspiciously similar to that of L&G sound quality-wise.

Winning Ugly VXII

Regarding Leeds '71, I hope you mean the bootleg version, because the official release of it from 2015, was professionally remixed and in every way sounds superior to both the original Ya-Ya's and L&G.

Date: June 23, 2017 08:37

No, it doesn't. You are perhaps thinking of the Roundhouse tracks? Leeds sounds pretty much like it did on the bootleg.

Date: June 23, 2017 09:11

DandelionPowderman
No, it doesn't. You are perhaps thinking of the Roundhouse tracks? Leeds sounds pretty much like it did on the bootleg.

There's only the admittedly minor difference that the bootlegs were all in mono and the official release in true stereo for the first time.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 23, 2017 09:21

TheGreek
shortfatfanny
TheGreek

Best Buy sucks. I gave up. Amazon only.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 10 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1939
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home