Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 8 of 13
Re: Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones soundtrack to be released on cd in June
Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 14, 2017 00:13

I received the 1cd & 2 blu ray Japanese box set yesterday, it is much smaller than I expected, remembering a couple of years ago the first (European) L&G box with two or three dvd's.
Question: is this the only version of the box or are there more formats, like the big and smaller versions of the Ya,ya's, Sticky Fingers and Grrr box sets?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-14 00:14 by GJV.

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones soundtrack to be released on cd in June
Posted by: RockingLonestar ()
Date: June 14, 2017 10:12

CD sounds exactly like the DVD. There is nothing more to be said. Just that it makes me feel that it´s a waste of money to buy it.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 14, 2017 15:53

RockingLonestar
CD sounds exactly like the DVD. There is nothing more to be said. Just that it makes me feel that it´s a waste of money to buy it.

The packaging is really nice but the CD is at best at the level of an average quality bootleg. Get it as a "archive sound document".

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: June 14, 2017 19:06

RockingLonestar

Compared the CD to the original Blue-Ray, and the Blue-Ray seems to have a more "natural" sound. Both have the exactly same mix, but the CD appears to be a bit brighter (=different EQ), and also more compressed. Due to the compression, the quieter songs and song passages appear more "present", while the louder stuff seems to suffer from this. The apparently different EQ also lets the CD sound a tad metallic in places, even at my age... I wonder how younger ears can bear this, at louder volumes in particular.

The VGP boot has the same mix, but sounds thinner overall. I don't have the TMOQ boot CD, which was mentioned here as having the best sound/mix.

All in all, for me the Blue-Ray from some years ago is the way to go soundwise.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-14 19:10 by retired_dog.

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: June 14, 2017 23:02

retired_dog
RockingLonestar

Compared the CD to the original Blue-Ray, and the Blue-Ray seems to have a more "natural" sound. Both have the exactly same mix, but the CD appears to be a bit brighter (=different EQ), and also more compressed. Due to the compression, the quieter songs and song passages appear more "present", while the louder stuff seems to suffer from this. The apparently different EQ also lets the CD sound a tad metallic in places, even at my age... I wonder how younger ears can bear this, at louder volumes in particular.

The VGP boot has the same mix, but sounds thinner overall. I don't have the TMOQ boot CD, which was mentioned here as having the best sound/mix.

All in all, for me the Blue-Ray from some years ago is the way to go soundwise.

Is the blueray audio LPCM @48kHz or LPCM @96kHz ?!? - I had the DVD with only Dolby Stereo

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: June 15, 2017 18:29

RockingLonestar

Sorry to hear that.
I hope they will release a concert from the 1972

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 15, 2017 18:45

Anyway, sod the regular releaser - does anyone know what happened to all the footage that wasn't used in the film and how many shows were filmed on that tour? Somebody must be sitting on all that film.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 16, 2017 11:05

Download-MusicStore-Links:

Ladies & Gentlemen - [www.Qobuz.com] , [iTunes.apple.com] , [Play.Google.com]

Some Girls: Live In Texas '78 - [www.Qobuz.com] , [iTunes.apple.com] , [Play.Google.com]

Live At The Checkerboard Lounge - [www.Qobuz.com] , [iTunes.apple.com] , [Play.Google.com]

(Qobuz is available in France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, BeNeLux, Italy, Spain, UK, Ireland).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-16 11:40 by Irix.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: June 16, 2017 11:17

It's on Spotify and I must say it's better than I feared! We now have a official live album from 1972smoking smiley Only 45 years >grinning smiley<

Date: June 16, 2017 11:26

Brixton and Paradisio are also on Spotify now thumbs up

Date: June 16, 2017 11:40

Who's «Bob Freeze» by the way?

Date: June 16, 2017 11:52

DandelionPowderman
Brixton and Paradisio are also on Spotify now thumbs up
Aren't there 3 new cd's that appeared on Spotify today from '95? Amsterdam, Brixton and Paris.

Date: June 16, 2017 11:54

DandelionPowderman
Who's «Bob Freeze» by the way?

He wrote the songs...

Date: June 16, 2017 11:54

grinning smiley

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: June 16, 2017 12:03

Irix

Some Girls: Live In Texas '78 - [www.Qobuz.com] , [iTunes.apple.com] , [Play.Google.com]

Live At The Checkerboard Lounge - [www.Qobuz.com] , [iTunes.apple.com] , [Play.Google.com]

(Qobuz is available in France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, BeNeLux, Italy, Spain, UK, Ireland).

If I understand well, you can't buy "Midnight Rambler"!!! The downloading price is around the same as if you buy a physical CD!!!!!
What the hell in this world confused smiley

Date: June 16, 2017 12:04

There are a few technical glitches that I haven't noticed on my bootleg.

- Some noise and muddy sound in the ending of TD
- Some almost flanger-ish sounds in the ending of DF

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: June 16, 2017 12:13

ouroux58
Irix

If I understand well, you can't buy "Midnight Rambler"!!! The downloading price is around the same as if you buy a physical CD!!!!!
What the hell in this world confused smiley

If you download the complete album it´s included you can´t download Midnight Rambler only.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 16, 2017 12:58

DandelionPowderman

The same on official CD. It seems that between 3.35 and 3.47 in Dead Flowers the film was wondering/wobbling around the head. That part is completely chewed. Similar issue between 4.07 and 4.11 in Tumbling Dice - tape drag or something.

Date: June 16, 2017 13:40

ironbelly
DandelionPowderman

The same on official CD. It seems that between 3.35 and 3.47 in Dead Flowers the film was wondering/wobbling around the head. That part is completely chewed. Similar issue between 4.07 and 4.11 in Tumbling Dice - tape drag or something.

Yeah, sounds plausible.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 16, 2017 13:53

DandelionPowderman
ironbelly
DandelionPowderman

Yeah, sounds plausible.

I can hear it on the Japanese CD too.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: June 16, 2017 15:39

I wonder if the mixes are folded down quad sound tracks. That could explain some poor definition.

Date: June 16, 2017 16:50

TravelinMan
I wonder if the mixes are folded down quad sound tracks. That could explain some poor definition.
Can you explain?

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: June 16, 2017 19:18

I just downloaded it from iTunes. Sounds fine to me, no complaints, nothing special. Still, it's worth the $9.99 for Bitch, Dead Flowers, and Sweet Virginia alone (I have wasted more money than that at fast food restaurants, after all).

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: June 16, 2017 19:49

S.T.P
TravelinMan
Can you explain?

Instead of actually mixing the individual tracks for stereo, the mixed 4 surround tracks (and possibly a sub bass track) are basically "folded down" or combined into two stereo tracks. I haven't heard the DVD in surround except for at the theatre and I can't remember the quality.

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: June 16, 2017 20:26

Got both today from Amazon. Some Girls is absolutely wonderful sound whilst Ladies and Gentlemen is decidedly more muffled and muddy. Some Girls sounds like the best boot I've ever bought. Really sweet.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 17, 2017 00:05

Ladies & Gentlemen soundtrack sounds way better than the mono cassette I made (recorded) in 1974 sitting in the theatre, it's a pleasure to finally own a half way decent copy after years of paying out for shoddy boots too!

Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: June 17, 2017 00:27

Got mine from Amazon US today. I like it. Sound is crisp and clear. No complaints from me. Glad to have this!

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 17, 2017 01:34

THIS RECORD SHOULD BE PLAYED LOUD

smoking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 17, 2017 17:28

LnG sounds indeed very muffled. Ony listened to 1 song yet. will listen more next week.
jeroen

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 17, 2017 20:53

timmyj3
Got mine from Amazon US today. I like it. Sound is crisp and clear. No complaints from me. Glad to have this!
Oh, boy! Probably you mixed up the forum. Here we talk about the new release of The Rolling Stones but not praying the 50th anniversary of Sgt. Peppers grinning smiley Moaning and complaining are mandatory over here winking smiley

Look at these beautiful spectra.
Gimme Shelter

Love In Vain

Still no complains? winking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 8 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2070
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home