Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 13
Re: Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones soundtrack to be released on cd in June
Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: May 4, 2017 21:32

ah something ive always wondered, are there any live versions of 'Wild Horses' with Mick Taylor available?

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones soundtrack to be released on cd in June
Date: May 4, 2017 21:52

Captainchaos
ah something ive always wondered, are there any live versions of 'Wild Horses' with Mick Taylor available?

No. Neither is the (rumoured) version of CYHMK from Newcastle 1971.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: May 4, 2017 21:53

DandelionPowderman
dcba
DandelionPowderman
the performance is uneven and somewhat tired. Not a representative compilation of their best performances in 1972, imo.

Yes! In 1972 the Stones delivered their best shows after the late June/early July short "holiday".

Spot on!

thumbs up smiling smiley

very interesting dcba thank you. i hadn't considered that or realized it...
lucked out saw the last show of '72 states, the 'birthday' show; last night of 'three day/four show' run at msg to end the tour. we'd get '73 live w taylor and that would be 'it' for 'this' particular band live. stu would be on '75 and '78 and so on...ron would arrive; i would see his 13th show in the Rolling Stones w billy and etc...ollie too...clapton guesting for that matter and etc...
a very different experience even tho we had four absolute originals. Did stu play in '75?
after nyc msg '72 there would be a sea-change to my experience...after the 'golden era 9' live together...the 'sf 9' the 'exile 9'
nicky wrote his parts, and taylor wrote his...after that they would keep the set pretty much but people would have to be hired to replicate or re-create...sometimes to great effect, sometimes very much not...that genius element of miracle collaboration...the culmination and exultation of the golden era would be gone...
and the 'tired' stones that dcba speaks in some shows prior to june break would be the l&G shows, and they are superb to me....but man is it true it's a half step sped up!??!!? i mean i'm gonna dig it anyway but is that true?
it was pure luck of age time and geography, AND circumstance, that i'd end up at that birthday show...i had to win a friggin' lottery to buy a ticket and it would take dozens of post cards written by hand...and even after scoring a chance to be a lucky consumer, it was luck that it would be THAT show...i had no idea or particular perspective...i'd seen them in d.c. on the fourth...fireworks and fireworks...but msg was inside and all very intentional and realized. the sound was state of the art. i have absolutely no reason at all to think that the sound would ever be better to this day on any tour or any show in their history, if we're just talking 'sound'...and on the records that's what's we're buying anyway. sound.

past that last show in america 72...it would be good and it would be super here and there; but of course! but it would always be different forever after, as these things go...and that golden era recording and performing band would never again trod a stage together after that last show nyc...never. it would be different. more stage managed. more special effects, the wow factor the splash factor the mega-hype the mega-pose...
not just sweating it the @#$%& out for real and just going for it; holding nothing back from the first song intro...seek and destroy; whatever the analogy; serious business....mick has never been more cool; the best of tina's moves without the caricature exaggeration and high fashion pose....you could believe he was really really funky...sometimes after that tour ended from a fans perspective it would be a swirling mass. they wouldn't look real to me, or don't they look so strange...

love brussels; would never want to pit it against any show. i take note tho that brussels is without nicky, jim, bobby and i'm not sure if stu is on it.
so that's at least 1/3rd of the original band that actually worked up these tracks in the stusdio thru the organic long process they was inherent in their operation at that time, and had been historically, for those amazing brilliant albums...the entire golden period actually, with most of them very very personally involved and commited; it affected everything about those albums and the north american '72 tour imo.
nickys all over the golden period...the rest of the 'north american 9' in '72 were coming hot off of sf and eoms. i mean RIGHT after eoms.
this is the 'dial-in closely' effort of great magnificene imo, and unbeatable, however great and grand some other shows and tours may be....however high the heights they continually go for and have achieved all over the decades...here and there...sometimes the 'new' players would replite with dedication and good results but different...i can understand why some fans would prefer previous tours, 69!! and a lot of ones before or after '72...and i hope they can understand fans with a different take on whatever relative 'peak' stones tours might mean to other fans...
...and if stu was not playing on brussels that would mean four of the nine were gone. essentially, in some ways anyway, a different band. certainly less rooted. I was at nyc last show '72 and can only judge from that. i love brussels; when it got released i lost my mind i was so grateful, AND happy with it...don't get me wrong...just making a larger point; perhaps not essential in others estimation...i've also seen the band w billy in '75...in the same place, again with good seats...
...and even on brussels when i hear distinct billy, tho creative and dynamic, i do notice a litte, well, quite a huge difference, judge that as one may....

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-05 00:49 by hopkins.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: May 5, 2017 00:38

Blueranger
No cover art for L&G yet?

Same as on the DVD, I guess. It's a great picture.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: May 5, 2017 00:52

I just remembered this:

VideoJames
I recently made a proposal to the "from the vaults series" people and the Stones to release the "lost Live Album" from master tapes I have or from what the Stones may have. I also want to include Stevie Wonder's performance as originally planned. Also to have the planned original cover. I have also offered them very rare concert footage that me and an associate have from the 72 tour from Philadelphia & Pittsburgh with sound that fans have never seen (or has not been circulated as far as I know) to go as a bonus DVD along with a couple other oddities.
I would love feed back about peoples thoughts on this idea and any other ideas of what else should be included in the package. All I can say now is they have the proposal and they are thinking about it.. I am awaiting their reply.

It seems there was no response

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: May 5, 2017 01:49

Ricky
I just remembered this:

VideoJames
I recently made a proposal to the "from the vaults series" people and the Stones to release the "lost Live Album" from master tapes I have or from what the Stones may have. I also want to include Stevie Wonder's performance as originally planned. Also to have the planned original cover. I have also offered them very rare concert footage that me and an associate have from the 72 tour from Philadelphia & Pittsburgh with sound that fans have never seen (or has not been circulated as far as I know) to go as a bonus DVD along with a couple other oddities.
I would love feed back about peoples thoughts on this idea and any other ideas of what else should be included in the package. All I can say now is they have the proposal and they are thinking about it.. I am awaiting their reply.

Here's the original post.
[iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: May 5, 2017 04:25

DandelionPowderman
Captainchaos

Bobby Keys seemed to remember it:

[www.nashvillescene.com]

It's a little ways in. Coupling his memory with Wyman's I think they played it and it didn't go that well so it was scrapped. It seems the Stones move on pretty quickly if a song isn't sticking. Heck, they have enough classics to choose from!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 5, 2017 09:48

TravelinMan
DandelionPowderman
Captainchaos

[www.nashvillescene.com]

It's a little ways in. Coupling his memory with Wyman's I think they played it and it didn't go that well so it was scrapped. It seems the Stones move on pretty quickly if a song isn't sticking. Heck, they have enough classics to choose from!

Bobby's recollections about playing CYHMK are too accurate to be untrue. So indeed it's not just a "rumour" that they played it. Unless anyone only accepts a tape recording as the definite proof.

Date: May 5, 2017 10:25

retired_dog
TravelinMan
DandelionPowderman
Captainchaos

[www.nashvillescene.com]

Bobby's recollections about playing CYHMK are too accurate to be untrue. So indeed it's not just a "rumour" that they played it. Unless anyone only accepts a tape recording as the definite proof.

I believe they played it. The reason why I wrote (rumoured) is that the band members have somewhat contradicted this. Bill has always claimed that they played it, and that it fell apart.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: May 5, 2017 11:00

Deltics
Ricky
I just remembered this:

VideoJames

Here's the original post.
[iorr.org]

Nice one Deltics, thanks thumbs up - VideoJames knows his onions for sure. I wonder if the From The Vaults people are going ahead with his live album plan.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: May 6, 2017 13:00

Anyone out there who knows what music is playing in the background that sounds like classical music in the beginning before the band comes on stage?

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: May 6, 2017 22:34

S.T.P
Anyone out there who knows what music is playing in the background that sounds like classical music in the beginning before the band comes on stage?

1972? 2000 light years, the Intro, as far as i know ....

Date: May 6, 2017 22:54

muenke
S.T.P

Yeah, but in the film (L&G) there are three sequences before the band hits the stage. First it is the "mystical" part which sounds like classic music, then a drum part, and finaly Nicky warming up. My guess is that they did'nt play 2000 Lighr Years over the PA before the second show in Houston.

Date: May 7, 2017 00:41

S.T.P
muenke
S.T.P

Yeah, but in the film (L&G) there are three sequences before the band hits the stage. First it is the "mystical" part which sounds like classic music, then a drum part, and finaly Nicky warming up. My guess is that they did'nt play 2000 Lighr Years over the PA before the second show in Houston.

Ah, OK. Just had a listen. I don't think this music was played over the PA at the gig, sounds more like a prelude for the actual film, based on kind of backstage chats and music or something like that.

Date: May 7, 2017 12:09

muenke
S.T.P
muenke
S.T.P

Ah, OK. Just had a listen. I don't think this music was played over the PA at the gig, sounds more like a prelude for the actual film, based on kind of backstage chats and music or something like that.

-You're probably right. I'll have a look at the credits in the end. Thanks anywaythumbs up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 7, 2017 13:59

Are there any extra songs on this cd,or is it similar to the dvd...
Jeroen

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: May 7, 2017 16:02

corriecas
Jeroen
No bonus tracks. No exclusive video or audio content. Even for Japanese Deluxe
[store.universal-music.co.jp]

Date: May 7, 2017 23:00

ironbelly
corriecas
Jeroen
No bonus tracks. No exclusive video or audio content. Even for Japanese Deluxe
[store.universal-music.co.jp]

I don't mind the lack of extras, as long as they managed to improve the audio for the L&G CD. Any mention concerning a remaster on the japanese side?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 8, 2017 01:09

retired_dog

While this is probably the case, this is also the same Bobby who claims all sorts of session and concert credits for himself in his autobiography that are also highly questionable.

Date: May 10, 2017 18:21

It's finally got a cover...
[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 10, 2017 18:24

S.T.P
[www.amazon.com]

Damn this picture was already used for a few releases... I'm disappointed.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 10, 2017 18:29

dcba
S.T.P
[www.amazon.com]

Did they cut Bill out again?

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: May 10, 2017 21:07

kowalski
dcba
S.T.P
[www.amazon.com]

Yes. But Mick T. is there winking smiley

Date: May 10, 2017 22:24

ironbelly
kowalski
dcba
S.T.P
[www.amazon.com]

Yes. But Mick T. is there winking smiley
Yeah, at least MT is all over the record. Bill's hardly audible. To bad, cause his playing is top noch!

Date: May 11, 2017 14:05

I'll be surprised if the sound surpasses that of this bootleg, even though it's mp3.

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: May 11, 2017 17:44

DandelionPowderman
I'll be surprised if the sound surpasses that of this bootleg, even though it's mp3.

Ooooo now this looks nice! smiling smiley
Would love to get a boot if poss?

Date: May 11, 2017 22:00

Wow! Where can I purchase this?

Date: May 11, 2017 22:36

It's the TMOQ (Trademark Of Quality)-bootleg. The sound is (imo) better than on the dvd.

Date: May 11, 2017 22:45

Thanks! I'll trye to get a hold on it.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: May 12, 2017 03:21

Is there a soundboard quality version of Sweet Black Angel?

I love Keith's crunchy tone on that one!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-12 03:22 by TravelinMan.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1995
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home