Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 13
Re: Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones soundtrack to be released on cd in June
Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: April 21, 2017 00:38

SHM-CD UICY-78338
Deluxe Edition SHM-CD+Blue-ray UICY-78339
DVD UIBY-15084/5
Blu-ray UIXY-15017

CD:
1. Introduction
2. Brown Sugar
3. Bitch
4. Gimmer Shelter
5. Dead Flowers
6. Happy
7. Tumbling Dice
8. Love In Vain
9. Sweet Virginia
10. You Can't Always Get What You Want
11. All Down The Line
12. Midnight Rambler
13. Bye Bye Johnny
14. Rip This Joint
15. Jumpin' Jack Flash
16. Street Fighting Man

[6101.teacup.com]

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones soundtrack to be released on cd in June
Date: April 21, 2017 02:14

hockenheim95
boogaloojef
hockenheim95
really really great news IF the sound will completely be new mixed. the mix of the movie is soooooooooo horrible.

By the way does it mean that Eagle Rock is allowed to release audio only concerts? I didn't think this was allowed in the past due to other contracts.

It might be that they can release this because they already own the video rights for it.

but they never released Cd only or Vinyl only versions. Every version came with a DVD (sadly not blu ray). so I think this has to be something new.

Only Some Girls 1978 and the Checkerboard Lounge gig- Ladies & Gentlemen only ever was released as film.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: April 21, 2017 03:13

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
hockenheim95
boogaloojef
hockenheim95
really really great news IF the sound will completely be new mixed. the mix of the movie is soooooooooo horrible.

By the way does it mean that Eagle Rock is allowed to release audio only concerts? I didn't think this was allowed in the past due to other contracts.

It might be that they can release this because they already own the video rights for it.

but they never released Cd only or Vinyl only versions. Every version came with a DVD (sadly not blu ray). so I think this has to be something new.

Only Some Girls 1978 and the Checkerboard Lounge gig- Ladies & Gentlemen only ever was released as film.

Yes, I know. The point is that they have already released this show in another format and this is also not a From The Vault release. Some Girls Live In Texas and the Checkerboard Lounge show were not part of the From The Vault series either.

We don't really know if the From The Vault series can be released as cd only until they release a previously unissued show without an accompanying video release.

Date: April 21, 2017 03:15

Ricky
SHM-CD UICY-78338
DVD UIBY-15084/5
Blu-ray UIXY-15017

CD:
1. Introduction
2. Brown Sugar
3. Bitch
4. Gimmer Shelter
5. Dead Flowers
6. Happy
7. Tumbling Dice
8. Love In Vain
9. Sweet Virginia
11. All Down The Line
12. Midnight Rambler
13. Bye Bye Johnny
14. Rip This Joint
15. Jumpin' Jack Flash
16. Street Fighting Man

[6101.teacup.com]

Looks like no bonus tracks if this the confirmed track listing.

Date: April 21, 2017 03:15

Ricky
SHM-CD UICY-78338
DVD UIBY-15084/5
Blu-ray UIXY-15017

CD:
1. Introduction
2. Brown Sugar
3. Bitch
4. Gimmer Shelter
5. Dead Flowers
6. Happy
7. Tumbling Dice
8. Love In Vain
9. Sweet Virginia
11. All Down The Line
12. Midnight Rambler
13. Bye Bye Johnny
14. Rip This Joint
15. Jumpin' Jack Flash
16. Street Fighting Man

[6101.teacup.com]

Looks like no bonus tracks if this is the confirmed track listing.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 21, 2017 11:34

boogaloojef
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
hockenheim95
boogaloojef
hockenheim95

Yes, I know. The point is that they have already released this show in another format and this is also not a From The Vault release. Some Girls Live In Texas and the Checkerboard Lounge show were not part of the From The Vault series either.

We don't really know if the From The Vault series can be released as cd only until they release a previously unissued show without an accompanying video release.

Some Girls and Checkerboard Lounge had CDs with the DVD - this just fills a gap. Hopefully this bodes well for a CD-only Brussels release at some point.

Posted by: JumpinJimF ()
Date: April 21, 2017 11:43

68to72
rootsman
Hound Dog
Do people really still buy Cds?

Yes.

Me too....By the bucket load.

Charity shops and Amazon marketplace are my best friends!

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
...but better keep your voice down or everyone else will cotton on to the fact that used (and sometimes new) CDs (also rippable to perfect quality FLAC to archive forever if that's your thing) are the best value/quality out there ...

Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: April 21, 2017 22:20

Hopefully we get a proper remix from the multi's. The film soundtrack on Bluray sounds really bad.

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: April 24, 2017 20:27

kevinkamphuis
Hopefully we get a proper remix from the multi's. The film soundtrack on Bluray sounds really bad.

I had the DVD version - really buried sound - la la picture - was really disappointed.

Let's hope for a descend CD release.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 24, 2017 21:29

i've said it a million times-the stones need a curator to look after their legacy on audio AND video.all of this stuff needs to be gone through and cleaned up in the same way "charlie is my darling" was.

theres pieces of footage,news programs,interviews,concert footage all over the place that needs to be put together in a year-by-year format or at least in 5 year sections.
the ckcsuker blues footage and outtakes,any outtakes from ladies and gentlemen,the maysles stuff as well as the official stuff needs to be reclaimed.
if they don't a huge part of the legacy is gonna disappear with time.

Posted by: Brown Moses ()
Date: April 26, 2017 09:54

I agree Lem,problem is Jagger shows no interest in it and he is the one making the decisions.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 27, 2017 02:33

Pre-Ordered mine. thumbs up

Date: April 27, 2017 11:04

Basic product info is now up on Amazon UK. Should be able to order this CD soon. smiling smiley

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: April 27, 2017 11:33

Brown Moses
I agree Lem,problem is Jagger shows no interest in it and he is the one making the decisions.

Wrong. There's a lot going on behind the scenes, and this involves collecting and archiving material as well as preparing it for future release. It's just that they don't want to clean their archives in one big bang, but intend to generate income for years to come. Not good for us fans because it means long waiting periods, but probably wise from their point of view.

One thing's for sure, though, and that is the fact that as long as they're able to perform live, the bigger money can be generated from shows compared to archive releases.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 27, 2017 14:18

retired_dog
It's just that they don't want to clean their archives in one big bang, but intend to generate income for years to come. Not good for us fans because it means long waiting periods, but probably wise from their point of view.

One thing's for sure, though, and that is the fact that as long as they're able to perform live, the bigger money can be generated from shows compared to archive releases.
Actually, they are quite thoughtful about our pockets winking smiley

November 3, 2009 – GET YER YA-YA'S OUT! Deluxe (CD and LP versions)

March 23, 2010 – TAMI SHOW DVD
May 17, 2010 – EXILE ON MAIN STREET DELUXE (in various formats)
June 14, 2010 – STONES IN EXILE
October 12, 2010 – LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE ROLLING STONES DVD and DELUXE

April 26, 2011 – THE SINGLES (1971-2006)
November 1, 2011 - 6 ED SULLIVAN SHOWS STARRING THE ROLLING STONES
From November 17, 2011 till November 12, 2012 via Google Music and Stonesarchives
THE BRUSSELS AFFAIR '73
HAMPTON COLISEUM (LIVE 1981)
L. A. FRIDAY (LIVE 1975)
LIVE AT THE TOKYO DOME, 1990
LIGHT THE FUSE, TORONTO 2005
LIVE AT LEEDS, ROUNDHAY PARK 1982
November 21, 2011 - SOME GIRLS DELUXE (in various formats)
November 21, 2011 - SOME GIRLS LIVE IN TEXAS '78 (in various formats)

July 10, 2012 - LIVE AT THE CHECKERBOARD LOUNGE 1981 (in various formats)
November 6, 2012 - CHARLIE IS MY DARLING - IRELAND 1965 (live album: LIVE IN ENGLAND '65) DVD and SUPERDELUXE
November 9, 2012 - GRRR! (in various formats – 2CD, 3CD, SUPERDELUXE)
November 2012 – Brussels Affair Collector’s, Platinum and Art Editions (Box+3LP+2CD+memorabilia)

January 7, 2013 - CROSSFIRE HURRICANE: THE RISE OF THE STONES (with various extras)
November 11, 2013 - SWEET SUMMER SUN (in various formats)

November 3, 2014 - HAMPTON COLISEUM - LIVE IN 1981 (in various formats)
November 17, 2014 - L.A. FORUM - LIVE IN 1975 (in various formats)

June 8, 2015 - STICKY FINGERS DELUXE and SUPERDELUXE
June 22, 2015 - THE MARQUEE CLUB - LIVE IN 1971 (in various formats including Japanese Bonus Brussels 1973)
June 28, 2015 - STICKY FINGERS LIVE (iTunes only)
July 24, 2015 - HYDE PARK LIVE 1969 (US only)
October 30, 2015 - LIVE AT THE TOKYO DOME 1990 (in various formats)
November 20, 2015 - LIVE IN LEEDS 1982 (in various formats)

June 3, 2016 – Totally Stripped ordinary edition and Deluxe (in various formats)
September 30, 2016 – The Rolling Stones in Mono (15CD or 16 LP box set)
November 11, 2016 – Havana Moon (in various formats, including Japanese Superdeluxe with bonus Ole, Ole, Ole!)
December 2, 2016 – Blue And Lonesome (in various formats)

LIVE AT THE TOKYO DOME 1990 Vaults extra (Japanese only)
LIVE IN PARIS 1995 (Japanese only)
Ole, Ole, Ole (upcoming DVD/Blueray)
L&G (upcoming CD)
Live in Texas' 78 (upcoming CD)
Checkerboard Lounge (upcoming CD)

Also, there were L&G+In Exile+Live in Texas 3DVD set and Archives Vol.1 5DVD set.
Some of the releases came with unique Japanese bonus tracks and were not that cheap at all.
So, you know, one can complain about the particular list of the releases and moan that we did not get a particular show. But hey, in 2015 there were 6 and in 2016 - 4 releases in a year!

Date: April 27, 2017 14:35

Live In Texas 78 and Checkerboard Lounge were released on CD, without the expensive Deluxe-packages, weren't they?

Posted by: alexander paul ()
Date: April 27, 2017 14:50

I am not sure but it looks to me there various Japanese releases. Or am I wrong about this? My Japanese could have been better. (See Amamzon.co.jp)

Date: April 27, 2017 15:31

DandelionPowderman
Live In Texas 78 and Checkerboard Lounge were released on CD, without the expensive Deluxe-packages, weren't they?
Not really expensive. At the release date CD+DVD combo was about 22-25 Euros. These days they cost even less. As a matter of fact, Live in Texas CD+DVD combo is on sale in FNAC for 7 Euros over here.

And analogous CD+DVD combo of Checkerboard Lounge was some 9 or 10 Euros a couple of weeks ago.

Thus, there is no need to wait for stand alone CD of those concerts, just head for a local shop and grab the discounted item. Well, unless the new release will have something extra, which I doubt.

alexander paul
I am not sure but it looks to me there various Japanese releases. Or am I wrong about this? My Japanese could have been better. (See Amamzon.co.jp)
Japanese will be SHM-CD (at least for L&G). Some people believe they are much better. Although content will be the same.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-27 15:33 by ironbelly.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: April 27, 2017 17:53

ironbelly
So, you know, one can complain about the particular list of the releases and moan that we did not get a particular show. But hey, in 2015 there were 6 and in 2016 - 4 releases in a year!

Yep, that's what I was referring to. They can't release everything at once! Of course, there's been a shitload of archive releases since 2009. If there's one thing that justifies complaints, it's the fact that they did not start opening their vaults much, much earlier. We could have had so much more releases by now!

Date: April 28, 2017 12:48

All three titles are already on pre-order at amazon.co.uk
Some Girls: Live In Texas '78
The Rolling Stones Format: Audio CD
Price: £14.76 & FREE UK Delivery
This title will be released on June 16, 2017.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

Live At The Checkerboard Lounge
Muddy Waters The Rolling Stones Format: Audio CD
[www.amazon.co.uk]

Ladies & Gentlemen
[www.amazon.co.uk]

Date: April 28, 2017 13:24

ironbelly
[www.amazon.co.uk]

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Ladies & Gentlemen
[www.amazon.co.uk]

Will L&G be released on CD only, not on vinyl?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-30 10:56 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: April 28, 2017 15:40

ironbelly
[www.amazon.co.uk]

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Ladies & Gentlemen
[www.amazon.co.uk]

Thanks, got my pre-order in for Ladies & Gents.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 28, 2017 16:10

ironbelly
November 3, 2009 – GET YER YA-YA'S OUT! Deluxe (CD and LP versions)

March 23, 2010 – TAMI SHOW DVD
May 17, 2010 – EXILE ON MAIN STREET DELUXE (in various formats)
June 14, 2010 – STONES IN EXILE
October 12, 2010 – LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE ROLLING STONES DVD and DELUXE

April 26, 2011 – THE SINGLES (1971-2006)
November 1, 2011 - 6 ED SULLIVAN SHOWS STARRING THE ROLLING STONES
From November 17, 2011 till November 12, 2012 via Google Music and Stonesarchives
THE BRUSSELS AFFAIR '73
HAMPTON COLISEUM (LIVE 1981)
L. A. FRIDAY (LIVE 1975)
LIVE AT THE TOKYO DOME, 1990
LIGHT THE FUSE, TORONTO 2005
LIVE AT LEEDS, ROUNDHAY PARK 1982
November 21, 2011 - SOME GIRLS DELUXE (in various formats)
November 21, 2011 - SOME GIRLS LIVE IN TEXAS '78 (in various formats)

July 10, 2012 - LIVE AT THE CHECKERBOARD LOUNGE 1981 (in various formats)
November 6, 2012 - CHARLIE IS MY DARLING - IRELAND 1965 (live album: LIVE IN ENGLAND '65) DVD and SUPERDELUXE
November 9, 2012 - GRRR! (in various formats – 2CD, 3CD, SUPERDELUXE)
November 2012 – Brussels Affair Collector’s, Platinum and Art Editions (Box+3LP+2CD+memorabilia)

January 7, 2013 - CROSSFIRE HURRICANE: THE RISE OF THE STONES (with various extras)
November 11, 2013 - SWEET SUMMER SUN (in various formats)

November 3, 2014 - HAMPTON COLISEUM - LIVE IN 1981 (in various formats)
November 17, 2014 - L.A. FORUM - LIVE IN 1975 (in various formats)

June 8, 2015 - STICKY FINGERS DELUXE and SUPERDELUXE
June 22, 2015 - THE MARQUEE CLUB - LIVE IN 1971 (in various formats including Japanese Bonus Brussels 1973)
June 28, 2015 - STICKY FINGERS LIVE (iTunes only)
July 24, 2015 - HYDE PARK LIVE 1969 (US only)
October 30, 2015 - LIVE AT THE TOKYO DOME 1990 (in various formats)
November 20, 2015 - LIVE IN LEEDS 1982 (in various formats)

June 3, 2016 – TOTALLY STRIPPED ordinary edition and Deluxe (in various formats)
September 30, 2016 – The Rolling Stones in Mono (15CD or 16 LP box set)
November 11, 2016 – HAVANA MOON (in various formats, including Japanese Superdeluxe with bonus OLE, OLE, OLE!)
December 2, 2016 – BLUE AND LONESOME (in various formats)

Wow. Having it lined up like that shows that they've done a ton of archival releases! The ones in bold I have. Eventually I'll get around to the rest of the important ones but the most recent live stuff isn't necessary seeing that I have FLASHPOINT ha ha.

Date: April 29, 2017 12:39

Do we know if the Some Girls CD is just a reissue of the CD that came with blu ray?

Date: April 30, 2017 06:54

Father Ted
Do we know if the Some Girls CD is just a reissue of the CD that came with blu ray?

My understanding is that all 3 are this way . It is just a cd without the accompanying video.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-30 06:54 by boogaloojef.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: April 30, 2017 12:54

Anyone know if these releases eventually will be on Spotify for streeming?

Date: April 30, 2017 16:08

Japanese version version listed at £47.99 for two additional pieces of cardboard. Won't be buying that.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: May 1, 2017 18:48

kevinkamphuis

I do hope this too. A single release of the audio on CD is quite hard to imagine because of the really inferior quality of the DVD/BR-audio (there are bootlegs around with much better audio than the official release, imo). Otherwise there are doubts that they have the original tapes to do a propper remix (because of the amateurish soundtrack). At least this was discussed here quite a few times.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: May 1, 2017 21:40

I think we need those bootlegs before June ....

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: May 2, 2017 02:58

Mick must really hate his vocal takes on Rocks Off and Don't Lie to Me. sad smiley

Not including Sweet Black Angel I understand (it's rough), but I LOVE that they tried it the first time with the cameras rolling.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1711
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home