Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 13
Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones soundtrack to be released on cd in June
Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: April 19, 2017 19:56

[www.imwan.com]

Release date is June 16 along with cd only releases of the Checkerboard Lounge with Muddy Waters Live Chicago 1981 and Some Girls Live in Texas 1978.

It's about time. I don't know why a cd was not released with the dvd in the first place.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-19 19:59 by boogaloojef.

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones soundtrack to be released on cd in June
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 19, 2017 20:02

really really great news IF the sound will completely be new mixed. the mix of the movie is soooooooooo horrible.

By the way does it mean that Eagle Rock is allowed to release audio only concerts? I didn't think this was allowed in the past due to other contracts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-19 20:04 by hockenheim95.

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones soundtrack to be released on cd in June
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 19, 2017 20:07

This seems to be a step in the right direction, I'll take it!

Date: April 19, 2017 20:11

I wonder if there will be a special Japanese release of this with bonus material.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: April 19, 2017 20:11

Good news!

Date: April 19, 2017 20:12

hockenheim95
really really great news IF the sound will completely be new mixed. the mix of the movie is soooooooooo horrible.

By the way does it mean that Eagle Rock is allowed to release audio only concerts? I didn't think this was allowed in the past due to other contracts.

It might be that they can release this because they already own the video rights for it.

Posted by: blivet ()
Date: April 19, 2017 20:14

About time. I'm amazed it has taken them 45 years to put out a live album from this tour.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 19, 2017 20:15

boogaloojef
hockenheim95

It might be that they can release this because they already own the video rights for it.

but they never released Cd only or Vinyl only versions. Every version came with a DVD (sadly not blu ray). so I think this has to be something new.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 19, 2017 20:22

Don't forget there is Texas '78 on CD that was available in one or more deluxe sets. Anyway great news for the other titles. And I really hope they're mixed in stereo the right way so we can enjoy them.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: April 19, 2017 20:35

I hope they include (not holding my breath) some of the tunes left off the video like Sweet Black Angel, Rocks Off, and Don't Lie to Me. I can't remember if there were others.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: April 19, 2017 20:40

TravelinMan
I hope they include (not holding my breath) some of the tunes left off the video like Sweet Black Angel, Rocks Off, and Don't Lie to Me. I can't remember if there were others.

Was Uptight/Satisfaction played in Texas?

Date: April 19, 2017 20:43

hockenheim95
boogaloojef
hockenheim95

but they never released Cd only or Vinyl only versions. Every version came with a DVD (sadly not blu ray). so I think this has to be something new.

I wouldn't get too hopeful until they release new standalone cd/lp shows with no video. These are almost like reissues.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-19 21:37 by boogaloojef.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: April 19, 2017 20:56

Do people really still buy Cds?

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: April 19, 2017 21:03

Hound Dog

Yes.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 19, 2017 21:29

frankotero
Don't forget there is Texas '78 on CD that was available in one or more deluxe sets. Anyway great news for the other titles. And I really hope they're mixed in stereo the right way so we can enjoy them.
Ditto for the Checkerbaord lounge in 1981 also

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 19, 2017 21:40

Yes, those are the three missing songs from the film.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: April 19, 2017 22:05

I doubt there will be a new mix from the original audio reels. It's probably the same awful sound quality as heard on the film. But hey! Maybe Taylor will earn a few bucks...

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 19, 2017 22:20

yawn – anybody can rip the sound form a DVD…

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 19, 2017 22:21

Good news .... but we need more

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: April 19, 2017 22:22

Yeah, this is a rip off!

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 19, 2017 22:41

Taking current prices for dvd+cd combo
[www.fnac.pt]#
One can consider stand alone cd a bit overpriced. At least for this one.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: April 19, 2017 22:57

S.T.P
Yeah, this is a rip off!

Why? For cd buyers who are stones fans this is great. Nice addition. The stereo mix will be good I think, only the mastering might be too hot, but who knows.

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: April 19, 2017 23:10

let's not forget the film runs a half step fast. I wonder if they might dare bring it back to pitch....I did that with my rip of the DVD. Sounds pretty nice after a tweak or two

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-19 23:11 by dadrob.

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: April 19, 2017 23:30

TravelinMan
TravelinMan

Was Uptight/Satisfaction played in Texas?

No, that medley debuted in Detroit, the Friday, July 14 show.

Ann Arbor Sun: “The Rolling Stones concert Friday was bomb. The first half of their show was predictable and fairly tame as Jagger strutted his stuff in a kind of ersatz hysteria and the band behind him for the most part kept their cools well under control, but starting with the first few bars of Midnight Rambler it got higher and higher all the way to the end when the crowd jumped and screamed yelling for more. Mick and the boys and Wonderlove (Stevie Wonder’s band which opened the show with a dynamite performance) came back up on stage for an unprecedented Jagger-Stevie Wonder jam as their special encore for the Detroit energy addicts. They wailed into Stevie’s masterpiece Up Tight and then smoked straight into the only possible closing tune for the night – Satisfaction – with Mick and Stevie gyrating and jumping into the air while thousands of rock and roll crazed sisters and brothers went nuts trying to get off finally in the oppressive atmosphere of Cobo Hall.”

Melody Maker: “The Detroit concerts were a strange pair. The first night the audience that usually goes bananas was almost staid – and quiet...Friday, the second concert got together. The crowd rushed the stage a third of the way into the evening, and the ushers and cops scattered like chickens from a fox. Mick loved it – so much that he called opening act Stevie Wonder back onstage for a dual encore of Uptight and Satisfaction, which drove the already frenzied crowd absolutely wild.”

Michigan Daily: “Thursday’s crowd had been denied a re-appearance by the Stones, and in fact, encores are not normal policy for the group. But Friday’s crowd was super-hyped and super-persistent...Finally, the Stones appeared, joined by Stevie Wonder and his ensemble. Wonder, who had earlier given an excellent performance, jumped about on stage, led by Jagger. In unison, they wailed a medley that drifted from Uptight to I can’t get no satisfaction.”

Date: April 19, 2017 23:44

barbabang
S.T.P
Yeah, this is a rip off!

Why? For cd buyers who are stones fans this is great. Nice addition. The stereo mix will be good I think, only the mastering might be too hot, but who knows.

I'm pretty sure the mix will remain the same. They had the chance to mend it when they released the concert film, but didn't bother..

Posted by: Fernandobsas ()
Date: April 19, 2017 23:51

Please let me know if am I right, Eagle Rock besides L&G are going to release Checkerboard Lounge with Muddy Waters 1981 and Some Girls Live in Texas 1978 ?

If it so the question is why the last two again ? becouse those two were already released and in very good quality.

Thanks
Fernando

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 19, 2017 23:59

relax friends, it'll be a shaking year i think .....

Date: April 20, 2017 00:28

Fernandobsas
Please let me know if am I right, Eagle Rock besides L&G are going to release Checkerboard Lounge with Muddy Waters 1981 and Some Girls Live in Texas 1978 ?

If it so the question is why the last two again ? becouse those two were already released and in very good quality.

Thanks
Fernando

Yes, that is correct. They are probably releasing them this way for people that didn't purchase the dvd. Some people don't watch dvds often so they don't buy them.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 20, 2017 00:44

Hound Dog

ROCKMAN

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: April 20, 2017 01:54

Ladies and Gentlemen has to be a new mix. As it is currently, it's unlistenable. I can't imagine them releasing it with the same mix as on the DVD.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1748
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home