Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Rolling Stones "Wembley Stadium London1982 DVD" Proshot
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: April 16, 2017 21:09

Just ok quality here.

[www.youtube.com]

They look tired.

Re: The Rolling Stones "Wembley Stadium London1982 DVD" Proshot
Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 16, 2017 21:57

thumbs up

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 16, 2017 22:41

My 1st Stones gig. I wish the full show existed.

sc uk

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 16, 2017 23:02

Just curious, if the quality is not so good, why is it called 'proshot' ?

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: April 17, 2017 00:12

It was originally professionally shot, but this version is a copie of a copie on not a very good video tape.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: April 17, 2017 00:15

Because the tape is from a multi generational source, meaning copy of a copy of a copy etc, that accounts for the degradation in quality and the Pro-Shot comes from the fact that the original source was a professional multi camera, vision mixed recording, authorized by the band for broadcast on internal Video Screens or Television as in a Pay Per View or future DVD/BD/4K release.

Later on in this recording on my version you see the camera people filming each other after the concert and they are using TV Camera's of the era.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: April 17, 2017 01:15

SKILLS
Because the tape is from a multi generational source, meaning copy of a copy of a copy etc, that accounts for the degradation in quality and the Pro-Shot comes from the fact that the original source was a professional multi camera, vision mixed recording, authorized by the band for broadcast on internal Video Screens or Television as in a Pay Per View or future DVD/BD/4K release.

As far as I can recall this was the first time that they'd used a monster video screen. It was off to start with, and then shortly into the show Mick said something about television screen, and it came on only to show something boring from television. He then said let's see what else there is, and the screen then showed the live shot from stage - to a huge ovation from everyone (not least those at the distant far end of the Stadium).

We take these things for granted now, but it really was something to behold the first time!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: April 17, 2017 03:16

CaptainCorella
SKILLS

As far as I can recall this was the first time that they'd used a monster video screen. It was off to start with, and then shortly into the show Mick said something about television screen, and it came on only to show something boring from television. He then said let's see what else there is, and the screen then showed the live shot from stage - to a huge ovation from everyone (not least those at the distant far end of the Stadium).

We take these things for granted now, but it really was something to behold the first time!

Seems like U2 stole that bit for the 1992/93 ZooTV tour.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: April 17, 2017 03:21

I think Wembley '82 was when Keith said (in his book - or maybe it was Ronnie's) that he f#%ked up the intro to 'She's So Cold', and Ronnie failed to cover for him, so Keith went over and punched him.

Too bad it doesn't show up on the video. (Too many close-ups - mostly of Mick)

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 17, 2017 03:30

thumbs up

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 18, 2017 11:38

I was down the front. Keith never punched Ronnie. This incident was a figment of Nick Kent's imagination.

Sc uk

Date: April 18, 2017 12:01

GJV
It was originally professionally shot, but this version is a copie of a copie on not a very good video tape.

The video looks like the screen videos from that tour (see Roundhay Park), where the cameras focused on the band members faces, rather than the stage or their instruments smiling smiley

Wouldn't call it pro-shot.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 18, 2017 17:23

mosthigh
I think Wembley '82 was when Keith said (in his book - or maybe it was Ronnie's) that he f#%ked up the intro to 'She's So Cold', and Ronnie failed to cover for him, so Keith went over and punched him.

As seen in the video, that never happened. And... it never happened.

Date: April 18, 2017 17:27

GasLightStreet
mosthigh

And Keith never said it in his book. Nick Kent wrote it. He also claimed Keith did a 20 minute protest solo in the cherry picker during YCAGWYW in Sweden.

A vivid imagination grinning smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 18, 2017 17:40

DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet
mosthigh

And Keith never said it in his book. Nick Kent wrote it. He also claimed Keith did a 20 minute protest solo in the cherry picker during YCAGWYW in Sweden.

A vivid imagination grinning smiley

Ah, yes, the "protest solo". Apparently Keith protested at the same spot every night seeing that he played 50 (sometimes 60) minute solos for every performances of that song in 1981 but somehow managed to edit it down to just 20 minutes for the 1982 tour.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 18, 2017 17:49

mosthigh

Wasnt that in Leeds? Whatever happened he did strangle Ronnie in the 90s. grinning smiley

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 19, 2017 13:49

mosthigh

It wasn't just the intro that went wrong, the entire song is a train wreck. Bill Wyman's look as the band struggle on is priceless.grinning smiley

Date: April 19, 2017 14:02

Father Ted
mosthigh

It wasn't just the intro that went wrong, the entire song is a train wreck. Bill Wyman's look as the band struggle on is priceless.grinning smiley

It started with the intro, and after several attempts of getting it together – where all the band members involved tried to adjust – it looked like they just gave up and let it rip. And voila! They were back on track.

A priceless recording grinning smiley

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 20, 2017 12:07

DandelionPowderman
Father Ted
mosthigh

It started with the intro, and after several attempts of getting it together – where all the band members involved tried to adjust – it looked like they just gave up and let it rip. And voila! They were back on track.

A priceless recording grinning smiley

They can keep this show in the vault winking smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 20, 2017 13:01

DandelionPowderman
GJV

The video looks like the screen videos from that tour (see Roundhay Park), where the cameras focused on the band members faces, rather than the stage or their instruments smiling smiley

Dare I say some of the worst produced camera angles ever , I don't think Hal Ashby was involved anymore like on the US leg in 1981.

Date: April 20, 2017 13:42

TheGreek
DandelionPowderman
GJV

Dare I say some of the worst produced camera angles ever , I don't think Hal Ashby was involved anymore like on the US leg in 1981.

If you watch Roundhay Park it looks suspiciously similar to this. I'd say it's the crew filming for the big screen. And that concept was fairly new...

Date: April 20, 2017 13:51

DandelionPowderman
TheGreek
DandelionPowderman
GJV

If you watch Roundhay Park it looks suspiciously similar to this. I'd say it's the crew filming for the big screen. And that concept was fairly new...
Exactly , to me it's a damn shame about Roundhay Park because the Stones playing is ferocious and on fire only to be ruined and wasted by the camera work .I guess it's okay if you are there in person but for those of us watching this at home makes me want to scream .How many facial close ups can we tolerate after all and a lot of the times the close ups are not even the band members who are in the spotlight for a fill or a verse with the vocals .

Date: April 20, 2017 14:15

TheGreek
DandelionPowderman
TheGreek
DandelionPowderman
GJV

Exactly , to me it's a damn shame about Roundhay Park because the Stones playing is ferocious and on fire only to be ruined and wasted by the camera work .I guess it's okay if you are there in person but for those of us watching this at home makes me want to scream .How many facial close ups can we tolerate after all and a lot of the times the close ups are not even the band members who are in the spotlight for a fill or a verse with the vocals .

How many gray Bill Wyman hairs could we tolerate? winking smiley

Date: April 20, 2017 16:21

DandelionPowderman
TheGreek
DandelionPowderman
TheGreek
DandelionPowderman
GJV

I actually miss Bill Wyman (no knock on Daryl )

Date: April 20, 2017 16:46

TheGreek
DandelionPowderman
TheGreek
DandelionPowderman
TheGreek
DandelionPowderman
GJV

I actually miss Bill Wyman (no knock on Daryl )

We all do thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1135
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home