Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Harry Styles As Mick Jagger On SNL
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 17, 2017 22:37

treaclefingers
lem motlow
saturday night live is on NBC which is owned by comcast corp.comcast poured millions of dollars into the obama and hillary campaigns so you kinda know what you're getting. the show is basically puppets putting on a show their masters want to see.
the right wing does the same crap,you can't just be entertained anymore,it's like our own little pravda.

ahhh...political? I guess we are never too many steps away but you seem to be going out of your way to make a political point here.

...as far as the impersonation goes, it was pretty awful but it did make me laff, so I guess that's the point. He'll never get the "Jagger" gig in a biopic if they're using that footage for casting mind you. Fallon, for all his faults is a master of impression, he's excellent actually.

since reading comprehension doesn't seem to be your strong suit,let me try and walk you through that whole word jungle you seem to have gotten lost in.
i said -i feel like when i watch television here in the united states alot of the shows seem to be pushing a political agenda either on one side or the other-got it? so that isn't me "going out of my way to make a political point"
it's an observation on what i see happening out there.you can pretty much follow the money from the corporate top to what you see whether it lands on one side or the other.
if you think fox corp doesn't lean right or nbc doesn't lean left you have the mind of a child.you're being bought and sold every time you look at the screen.

Date: April 17, 2017 22:58

lem motlow
treaclefingers
lem motlow
saturday night live is on NBC which is owned by comcast corp.comcast poured millions of dollars into the obama and hillary campaigns so you kinda know what you're getting. the show is basically puppets putting on a show their masters want to see.
the right wing does the same crap,you can't just be entertained anymore,it's like our own little pravda.

ahhh...political? I guess we are never too many steps away but you seem to be going out of your way to make a political point here.

...as far as the impersonation goes, it was pretty awful but it did make me laff, so I guess that's the point. He'll never get the "Jagger" gig in a biopic if they're using that footage for casting mind you. Fallon, for all his faults is a master of impression, he's excellent actually.

since reading comprehension doesn't seem to be your strong suit,let me try and walk you through that whole word jungle you seem to have gotten lost in.
i said -i feel like when i watch television here in the united states alot of the shows seem to be pushing a political agenda either on one side or the other-got it? so that isn't me "going out of my way to make a political point"
it's an observation on what i see happening out there.you can pretty much follow the money from the corporate top to what you see whether it lands on one side or the other.
if you think fox corp doesn't lean right or nbc doesn't lean left you have the mind of a child.you're being bought and sold every time you look at the screen.

How about we don't mention politics in a thread discussing one musician's portrayal of another? I get that there is media bias, but for the love of God, lighten up. Simply say 'I liked the skit' or 'I didn't like the skit' and move on. I completely agree with treacle- you do seem to be going out of the way to drag politics into this.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 17, 2017 23:34

Just don't feed the trolls.

I thought the skit was ok.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: April 18, 2017 02:14

Maybe he should watch Mick before attempting this horrid impersonation.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 18, 2017 02:36

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
lem motlow
treaclefingers
lem motlow

How about we don't mention politics in a thread discussing one musician's portrayal of another? I get that there is media bias, but for the love of God, lighten up. Simply say 'I liked the skit' or 'I didn't like the skit' and move on. I completely agree with treacle- you do seem to be going out of the way to drag politics into this.

thanks but not too worry BTMMR. lem is basically short for 'lame', which is what he proves himself to be over and over again. i didn't think he was dense as well, but at least he's showing some growth.

Posted by: nobs ()
Date: April 18, 2017 02:46

awful, reminded me more of Steve Martin as a wild and crazy guy, not surprising as the writing on SNL has been garbage for decades now

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 18, 2017 10:05

schillid
I think that [Fallon] not getting down low under the camera shot as he raced back and forth might have been on purpose ...
(Letting the tv audience at home in on the gag that the studio audience was watching.)

Now that's a concrete artistic insight - I'm sure you're right, schillid dear!

The Liza Minelli was quite adequate. I didn't really get what the Diana Ross was supposed to be conveying.
On the other side, who was Kate McKinnon impersonating? I don't even remember who else was there,
between McKinnon and Old Travolta.

Date: April 18, 2017 10:10

She did Kristen Stewart (the actress in the ride m on down clip).

Date: April 18, 2017 10:58

Thanks, Koen! I quite like McKinnon. Even though a lot of her impersonations have barely any resemblance to the impersonee,
they're usually appealing and/or funny anyway. In this case I have no way to judge the [in]accuracy, which is fine too :E

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 18, 2017 17:57

with sssoul
... having him as two Travoltas was cute
even though the impersonations weren't very good.

You'd think that he'd have perfected the Travolta impression by now.
Check out his audition for SNL ...

[www.youtube.com]

Date: April 18, 2017 18:23

Fallon's skit with Mick on SNL a few years ago was actually kinda funny I thought ...

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-18 18:23 by schillid.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 18, 2017 18:27

lem motlow
treaclefingers
lem motlow

Actually, you did NOT say "i feel like when i watch television here in the united states alot of the shows seem to be pushing a political agenda either on one side or the other".

As you can see, I highlighted that in bold in your original post.

Perhaps you need to comprehend your writing and reading comprehension better.

Date: April 18, 2017 20:17

schillid
Fallon's skit with Mick on SNL a few years ago was actually kinda funny I thought ...

It was funny indeed, but it was Mick & Mike Myers.
They did the Mick & Keith "Point/Counterpoint" too (you ignorant slut! :E )

Date: April 18, 2017 20:23

with sssoul
schillid

It was funny indeed, but it was Mick & Mike Myers.
They did the Mick & Keith "Point/Counterpoint" too (you ignorant slut! :E )

I am of course cognizant that schillid was just checking to see if any of us was paying attention

Date: April 18, 2017 20:33

It's definitely Fallon portraying Mick's reflection in the skit.

You're talking about another SNL skit that Mick plays Keith Richards, opposite Mike Myers who portrays Mick Jagger. ...

Date: April 18, 2017 20:40

Wait - someone was paying attention?! All right, so I lost that bet :E
Point/Counterpoint is the funniest of all of them, though.

Date: April 18, 2017 21:00

Paying attention to the topic of Mick and SNL ... (Not feeding the trolls.)

Date: April 18, 2017 21:01

Can't find that one on YouTube though. hmmm ...

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 18, 2017 21:35

TERRIBLE! The guy can't act at all. And his mannerisms were terrible!

Date: April 18, 2017 22:26

Yeah, he's not Di Caprio...

About Harry Styles: [www.rollingstone.com]

Date: April 18, 2017 23:14

schillid

Here's a link to it that doesn't work where I live, but maybe it will where you are: [www.nbc.com]

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 19, 2017 00:35

with sssoul, thank you for letting me see that again. Mick as Keith is priceless!
Reminds me some of Carla Rhodes' Keith puppet.

[www.youtube.com]

She has a Mick puppet too.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-19 00:36 by angee.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 19, 2017 01:48

lem motlow

so i was bitching about this crap seeping into everything i see on television but somehow you guys thought THAT'S what i wanted to talk about HERE? yes,by all means, i want to be tortured on a stones website too...hence the "you can't just be entertained anymore"

the mick thing has been done a million times,this kid is pretty low on the list.

Date: April 19, 2017 13:57

angee
with sssoul, thank you for letting me see that again. Mick as Keith is priceless!
Reminds me some of Carla Rhodes' Keith puppet.

You're welcome angee!
I find Rhodes' Keith puppet dreadfully mean-spirited (and the Mick only a little less so)
but that SNL piece is warm and charming. It's a language that twins speak!
And "you ignorant slut" is one of those lines that you just can't go wrong with :E

And of course Harry Styles can't act - why should he, for mercy's sake!
(I had to google him, and I've never heard of whatever his claim to fame is either,
but acting doesn't seem to come into it.)
Doing facial exercises in the background when Fallon was talking was funny anyway

Date: April 19, 2017 19:52

with sssoul
schillid

Here's a link to it that doesn't work where I live, but maybe it will where you are: [www.nbc.com]

Yeah, I had found that link too, but I wasn't able to get that one to play earlier either.
However after I updated my flash plug-in, it's working now.

Sillin' go wit da sillin' bean
(Man)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-19 19:57 by schillid.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: April 19, 2017 20:45

steffialicia
Not very good at all. SNL has pained me for years generally.

Mick Jagger did an impersonation-impression of Keith Richards and it was pretty funny. Ages ago on SNL. Maybe in the early 1990s. I hope I have this all correct.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-19 20:46 by triceratops.

Date: April 19, 2017 21:17

Anyone remember Mick and Keith from the show Spitting Image?

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 19, 2017 21:18

triceratops
steffialicia

Mick Jagger did an impersonation-impression of Keith Richards and it was pretty funny. Ages ago on SNL. Maybe in the early 1990s. I hope I have this all correct.
It was pretty great...Jagger in shades and a bandana, smoking and mumbling his way through a Weekend Update interview with Mike Myers as Mick.

"...the Kings's English, man!"

[www.nbc.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-19 21:24 by keefriff99.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: April 19, 2017 23:54

keefriff99
triceratops
steffialicia

It was pretty great...Jagger in shades and a bandana, smoking and mumbling his way through a Weekend Update interview with Mike Myers as Mick.

"...the Kings's English, man!"

[www.nbc.com]

Thanks for the video link!!! Seems very little SNL is on youtube due to NBC

Date: April 20, 2017 00:38

SNL Alumnus (and current U.S. Senator) Al Franken as Mick Jagger in 1983

[www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1953
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home