Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Welcome to New York 1972
Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: April 29, 2017 01:49

"What I saw in the Maysles film and heard on the 69 boots and Ya-Ya's was the sexiest, most dangerous, most badass, most rebellious thing I'd ever come across"

Oh yeah, I thought it was just ME !

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: April 29, 2017 04:59

Great stuff, hopkins!
This is a way cool history lesson because it sounds fresh. It reads like you saw the show LAST night. Keeping the Stones alive!

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: May 7, 2017 12:50

Doxa
Hopkins, that's some best stuff I ever seen in this site! You are a treasure!!!

Also a great privilege to read LBA72's slightly different impressions from the times. Interesting changes had happened in both seeing The Stones and what they were like between 1969 and 1972.

I am all ears!

- Doxa

Doxa you are way too kind; I am an asterisk here, if that; you are an encylopedia and courageous and funny and knowing. I love your posts! It's a big draw for me to this site. ty. smiling smiley

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 8, 2017 11:33

Hopkins, thank you. Really interesting posts.thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: May 9, 2017 03:29

dph
Silver Dagger
The original Mick's Birthday was apparently a radio broadcast - from All Down The Line to Jumping Jack Flash.

Don't think so. The story I heard is someone stole the tape the Stones were recording for themselves at the soundboard. That got pressed into the TMOQ bootleg Welcome to New York. The tape has never circulated; the LP is the only source.

I thought the story was that a Stones associate sold the tape, of part of the show which was meant for the proposed 72 tour live album that never got released, to a collector backstage at one of the shows.

I have the Rattlesnake 72 touring party box set and it has the complete show with the first half being a mediocre audience recording and the second half the multitrack mix from the above mentioned tape. Sure sounds more like a multitrack recording than the average SB tape to me at least.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1422
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home