Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8
Re: OT: Musical confessions
Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: April 14, 2017 06:57

I never took the Beatles serioulsy. (and actually never bothered trying to listen to their albums, except for Let It Be, which I find quite fine for a r&r album).

Posted by: MrBobMartini ()
Date: April 14, 2017 07:21

I like Bill Wyman's solo albums. Even Stuff.

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: April 14, 2017 08:29

ohotos
I always found it odd that I am not that much into Bruce Springsteen, Led Zeppelin or U2. Now I see that I am not alone!
Not that I hate them but they are more like meh to me... well, maybe I hate U2 or at least 90% of their output.

My theory on this is that none of those three bands swing at all. Springsteen is the stiffest of the three beat-wise, in my opinion. With the exception of Nebraska I find Bruce utterly unlistenable.

T@3

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 14, 2017 12:10

I kinda share Keef's remark about rappers : they should stop making music and start shooting each others instead.

Keef : "I’m rapped out. I’m sick of “Mary Had a Little Lamb” with a heavy-handed drum machine going. I wish those guys would all shoot themselves. They’re doing a good job of it. Carry on, boys, y’know" (1997 interview)
[ew.com]

Date: April 14, 2017 12:56

kowalski
I never took the Beatles serioulsy. (and actually never bothered trying to listen to their albums, except for Let It Be, which I find quite fine for a r&r album).

That's their weakest album by a mile smiling smiley

My confession: I love "The Elder", Kiss's prog album - considered their weakest by many fans (as well as by the band)..

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: April 14, 2017 13:21

RoughJusticeOnYa
I like Streets of Love... (olrite; I'll get me coat.)

Yes and your galoshes too; I hear they are filled with tears.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: April 14, 2017 13:21

double post. oops.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-14 13:26 by hopkins.

Date: April 14, 2017 15:32

I can really get into 70's prog stuff.
All the early Yes albums, Van Der Graaf, first King Crimson albums, Thick as a Brick, and especially Gabriel-era Genesis.

Date: April 14, 2017 15:33

BluzDude
Dare I say?????

....OK, I have a Manchester thing going on lately, Watching concerts by:
Oasis
Stone Roses
Oasis
The Verve
& Oasis

...I was never into any of these bands until recently. I will be exploring more Manchester bands in the coming weeks.

....if you lose respect for me because of this, well....that's on yougrinning smiley

You should check the Rapture doing "House of jealous LOvers"

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 14, 2017 15:46

Musical confessions : I hate to admit it but the are very very few songs from Elton John that I like. Musically the chords sequence, minor chords, melodies , feels and his voice come together perfectly,taking off the cheesiness out of it like in that one.
[youtu.be]

I know, don't laugh!

Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: April 14, 2017 16:31

I have never liked Queen,not even one song

Posted by: StoneTony ()
Date: April 14, 2017 21:10

I think this is really, really good.

video: [m.youtube.com]

Please listen all the way through.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: April 14, 2017 21:47

Have never bought or listened to a single Springsteen album. From the songs I've heard on the radio - which are OK - I still have no desire to.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 15, 2017 08:35

Palace Revolution 2000
BluzDude
Dare I say?????

....OK, I have a Manchester thing going on lately, Watching concerts by:
Oasis
Stone Roses
Oasis
The Verve
& Oasis

...I was never into any of these bands until recently. I will be exploring more Manchester bands in the coming weeks.

....if you lose respect for me because of this, well....that's on yougrinning smiley

You should check the Rapture doing "House of jealous LOvers"

....OK, I did. Now what???drinking smiley

Date: April 15, 2017 14:10

TeaAtThree
ohotos
I always found it odd that I am not that much into Bruce Springsteen, Led Zeppelin or U2. Now I see that I am not alone!
Not that I hate them but they are more like meh to me... well, maybe I hate U2 or at least 90% of their output.

My theory on this is that none of those three bands swing at all. Springsteen is the stiffest of the three beat-wise, in my opinion. With the exception of Nebraska I find Bruce utterly unlistenable.

T@3

I don't get it how Max Weinberg stays at the top of the heap; with Springsteen, and bandleader for successful TV show. 'Stiff' is the exactly the word. His body language is so odd for a drummer.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: April 15, 2017 17:17

I like Jethro Tull.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 15, 2017 19:00

Olly
I like Jethro Tull.

I love Jethro Tull. thumbs up

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 15, 2017 19:10

Hairball
Olly
I like Jethro Tull.

Jethro Tull, Maple Leaf Gardens, March 1977. My first date. I think I got my Driver's Licence the day before.

Date: April 15, 2017 19:29

SomeTorontoGirl
Hairball
Olly
I like Jethro Tull.

Jethro Tull, Maple Leaf Gardens, March 1977. My first date. I think I got my Driver's Licence the day before.

thumbs up

Jethro Tull, Santa Monica Civic, November 1979. My first time ever being front row center at a concert thanks to my older brother!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 16, 2017 06:33

Hairball
SomeTorontoGirl
Hairball
Olly
I like Jethro Tull.

thumbs up

Jethro Tull, Santa Monica Civic, November 1979. My first time ever being front row center at a concert thanks to my older brother!

..Great venue!...
...but that's a slide for them, just a few years earlier they sold out the Forum for about 4 nights.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: April 16, 2017 06:40

one more confession and I know this person is not a good person

here goes

I still like Gary Glitter (not what he did but I like his music)

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Date: April 16, 2017 07:04

BluzDude
Hairball
SomeTorontoGirl
Hairball
Olly
I like Jethro Tull.

thumbs up

..Great venue!...
...but that's a slide for them, just a few years earlier they sold out the Forum for about 4 nights.

No it wasn't a slide - it was a special event UNICEF benefit concert. They played three sold out nights at Long Beach Arena prior to the Civic show, and sold out the San Diego Sports arena the following night. They were playing arenas for most if not all of that tour including Madison Square Garden, so to see them at the smallish Santa Monica civic was a treat! A few years later there may have been a 'slide' as I had tickets to see them at the Universal Ampitheater - but sadly it was cancelled they day of the show!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-16 07:13 by Hairball.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: April 17, 2017 06:09

Palace Revolution 2000
I can really get into 70's prog stuff.
All the early Yes albums, Van Der Graaf, first King Crimson albums, Thick as a Brick, and especially Gabriel-era Genesis.

+1. In my big prog rock summer of 1977, I saw Floyd, ELP (with orchestra) and Yes in a five-week period. This summer, 40 years later, I'll see Roger Waters and Yestival (including Steve Howe's Yes and Carl Palmer's ELP Legacy) three days apart in August. And I'll see the Anderson/Wakeman Yes in September. Back in the day, Yessongs kinda ruled! I'm also going to see King Crimson in July.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-17 06:12 by ab.

Date: April 17, 2017 06:35

Palace Revolution 2000
TeaAtThree
ohotos

T@3

I don't get it how Max Weinberg stays at the top of the heap; with Springsteen, and bandleader for successful TV show. 'Stiff' is the exactly the word. His body language is so odd for a drummer.

I guess its because he can play pretty much anything at the drop of a hat

Date: April 17, 2017 11:08

keefriffhard4life
Palace Revolution 2000
TeaAtThree
ohotos

T@3

That's kind of my point - IMO he can't.

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: April 17, 2017 12:49

Pink Floyd The Wall LP

Many years ago I tried to build a vinyl collection of not only Rolling Stones but also of other great and important bands and their music.
LP's by Zepp, CCR, Who, even Beatles and many more.

I even got a mint condition first pressing of Pink Floyds The Wall.
I tried to listen through the whole album several times but did not succeed. I managed to get to the third side but then.... I just could not stand the shit anymore. Never got to the end of the album. Sold it a few years a go. That was a good day in my music life.

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Date: April 17, 2017 13:06

Palace Revolution 2000
keefriffhard4life
Palace Revolution 2000
TeaAtThree
ohotos

T@3

That's kind of my point - IMO he can't.

he can't? ok. walk into a room with a drumset and sit max behind it and call out songs and I bet he plays the drum part almost note for note perfect unless you were to pick some insanely difficult song like "the black page".

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: April 17, 2017 22:42

Ket

Neither do I. It's little children's music.

Date: April 17, 2017 22:59

matxil
Ket

Neither do I. It's little children's music.

All of it?

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: April 18, 2017 03:24

I like the Go-Gos.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1246
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home