Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Charlie Watts honored at Jazz FM Awards, April 25
Date: April 26, 2017 18:17

MisterDDDD
Doxa
A nice little recognition indeed. It looks like that the appearance of Sir Mick & Ronnie came as a surprise, not only for us, but for the Jazz FM organization. Don Was's speech ("behalf of The Rolling Stones") sounds like being staged for receiving the award. They probably didn't expect Sir Mick being bothered...

Or could it be that Charlie phoned to Mick and Ronnie that 'c'mons guys, help me out. I need to be there 'couse they are giving me the award, but shit, The Stones are going to get something too, and in that case no way I will stand there alone by myself...'grinning smiley

- Doxa
Hilarious!
Even when "Sir Mick" shows up and is insistent that Charlie be the focus of attention and recognition, he still gets trashed. Can't win. Shame on Keith for ditching the gig.

A death in his wife's family must surely be a valid reason for not flying over?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 26, 2017 18:37

Kurt
These guys look FANTASTIC!
If one follows them regularly in recent years, then one gets used to the way they look now.

But in comparison, if you look at photos of the ABB tour, they seemed like youngsters then.

Hate to think what changes another dozen years will bring about.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 26, 2017 18:51

Special congrats to Charlie, and hats off to the Stones' and their blues covers.

"We just copy it, really" - Charlie

thumbs up

DandelionPowderman
MisterDDDD
Doxa
A nice little recognition indeed. It looks like that the appearance of Sir Mick & Ronnie came as a surprise, not only for us, but for the Jazz FM organization. Don Was's speech ("behalf of The Rolling Stones") sounds like being staged for receiving the award. They probably didn't expect Sir Mick being bothered...

Or could it be that Charlie phoned to Mick and Ronnie that 'c'mons guys, help me out. I need to be there 'couse they are giving me the award, but shit, The Stones are going to get something too, and in that case no way I will stand there alone by myself...'grinning smiley

- Doxa
Hilarious!
Even when "Sir Mick" shows up and is insistent that Charlie be the focus of attention and recognition, he still gets trashed. Can't win. Shame on Keith for ditching the gig.

A death in his wife's family must surely be a valid reason for not flying over?

Seriously, shame on MisterDDDD for being so insensitive. thumbs down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-26 18:54 by Hairball.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: April 26, 2017 21:22

The girls' great aunt Hildy died. She insisted you call her "Ant Lady". The funeral coincided with the awards show.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 26, 2017 22:03

Those liking Charlie Watts interviews, and in the case you haven't seen it, this one is a real gem from 1966. Surprisingly high quality in many ways for the era.

- Doxa

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 26, 2017 22:21

Mick, Ronnie and Charlie probably went there by the tube. At their age they do even get a discount, it's almost for free. You can't take the tube from Connecticut USA so no wonder Keith was not there. Please do not make any speculations here. Keith did his own appearance quite recently by the way, so no worries.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 26, 2017 22:25

Congrats to Charlie and B&L deserves every award it gets.... Applause to all

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 27, 2017 00:16

Sometimes I get the feeling they hand out awards to celebrities only in order to make them attend the ceremonies. To raise the status of the event. And the celebrity factor...

Date: April 27, 2017 00:26

Stoneage
Sometimes I get the feeling they hand out awards to celebrities only in order to make them attend the ceremonies. To raise the status of the event. And the celebrity factor...

Did you feel that now?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 27, 2017 00:26

Could be Stoneage - I had never heard of Jazz FM prior to these Stones nominations and had to look it up.

Jazz FM (UK)

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 28, 2017 02:44

chatoyancy
The girls' great aunt Hildy died. She insisted you call her "Ant Lady". The funeral coincided with the awards show.

Chatoyancy, I've been greatly enjoying the nuggets you've been sharing lately. While the lady's passing is sad news, I love "Ant Lady" for a Great Aunt. Ditto the info on Jason Nesmith you recently shared. I remember Nancy Boy, a wonderfully cheeky politically incorrect name for a band. Not that Jimmy Jagger knows anything about that.

I've been meaning to ask you about your friend Lin aka Touch. I'm curious if "Losing My Touch" was a reference to her. I had a friend tell me "Touch" was a reference to "Chuch" but I suspected that was retroactive guessing since Chuch Magee passed away after the song was cut but before it was released.

I also wondered if the decision to cover Ray Sharpe's "Linda Lu" was an opportunity to reference both your friend Lin and Patti Hansen via the lyric, "I call my baby Patty, but her real name is Linda Lu."

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: April 28, 2017 04:14

Remember when Mick, Charlie and Ronnie did this great interview sans Keith --almost 40 years ago.

Who would have thought....

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: April 28, 2017 23:20

MisterDDDD
Doxa

- Doxa
Hilarious!

Keith lives with his family in Connecticut, its a 20 hour round trip to London and back, no shame in Keith not being there at his age, i'm sure of he was in London he would have attended.
Presumably Keith is the only one working on the new album.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 28, 2017 23:25

stone4ever
MisterDDDD
Doxa

- Doxa
Hilarious!

Keith lives with his family in Connecticut, its a 20 hour round trip to London and back, no shame in Keith not being there at his age, i'm sure of he was in London he would have attended.

As has been pointed out, Keith was at a family funeral.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: April 28, 2017 23:31

Deltics
stone4ever
MisterDDDD
Doxa

- Doxa
Hilarious!

As has been pointed out, Keith was at a family funeral.

Sorry got to the end of page 2 and felt obliged to make my post not reading page 3 first. lesson learned.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1804
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home