Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: From the Vault: Paris 1976???
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 2, 2017 12:29

Very convincing...........had me fooled confused smiley

sc uk

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 2, 2017 13:56

UrbanSteel
TheBlockbuster
So the guy who posted the picture has explained in japanese it was a joke and explanied with this picture:

However this is such a lame joke, and overall douchebag move. Not funny at all. I can't believe a human being is actually so stupid that they spend time on making a fake cover like this.

Only people who are really fooled don't like this joke and getting mad like a grumpy old man.
I have respect for the time and the work they spend to create this April Fool joke.

thumbs upcool smiley
It's funny...

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: April 2, 2017 17:42

Maybe Eagle Rock will take notice of this joke en take it serriously?? Or the bring out the Knebworth Fair show or both El Mocambo shows!! Should be great!!

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: April 2, 2017 20:49

I wish I had this record and I think it is reallllly funny! I love it!

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: April 2, 2017 22:30

I guess it is pretty clever. My heart is broken though................. sad smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 3, 2017 06:18

I'm okay with. I always hated the Paris parts of Love You Live. I thought it was the first time I heard the Vegas Stones. I still can't listen to anything on that record except the El Mocambo side. That was a rough patch it took Some Girls to get over.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: April 3, 2017 10:05

24FPS
I'm okay with. I always hated the Paris parts of Love You Live. I thought it was the first time I heard the Vegas Stones. I still can't listen to anything on that record except the El Mocambo side. That was a rough patch it took Some Girls to get over.

Isn't it a little bit excessive. The paris gigs were excellent, perhaps just Mick's way of sing was'nt very good but guitars are really rough and rock'n'roll.
At this time, bands played many songs from their last album and it was the way a band have to play concerts, and it was year after year.
Now the Stones have no album to defend and they play with all their catalog stuff.

Date: April 3, 2017 10:39

24FPS

I think many mixes up what the «Paris-part» of the album really is. LYL is not Paris 1976 + El Mocambo. Firstly, there are songs from several Paris shows - not just the show we're talking about here. Secondly, there are songs from the US 1975 on there as well.

How can you hate those versions of Honky Tonk Women, You Gotta Move and Hot Stuff from Paris?

Not vegas, just from the slaughterhouse in Paris smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-03 10:39 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 3, 2017 13:55

The video recordings from Paris '76 must be one of the few remaining unreleased pro-shot shows from that era. I think it will be released eventually.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 3, 2017 19:08

Well the part that had me believing (don't stop believing ) was that the you tube link provided "Fool To Cry" which was considerably cleaned up ? Anyone else notice this ?

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: April 3, 2017 19:20

TheGreek
Well the part that had me believing (don't stop believing ) was that the you tube link provided "Fool To Cry" which was considerably cleaned up ? Anyone else notice this ?

Which link are you referring to?

Date: April 3, 2017 19:27

yeababyyea
TheGreek

Deltic's link on page 1 in this thread.

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: April 3, 2017 20:20

DandelionPowderman
yeababyyea
TheGreek

It's a video uploaded 7 years ago... Sure the audio is better than I've heard elsewhere but still not anywhere near they quality I expect from an official release. If they release any Paris 1976 concert officially I expect the audio to be remixed from the original masters and sound better than Love You Live.

Date: April 3, 2017 20:28

yeababyyea
DandelionPowderman
yeababyyea
TheGreek

It's a video uploaded 7 years ago... Sure the audio is better than I've heard elsewhere but still not anywhere near they quality I expect from an official release. If they release any Paris 1976 concert officially I expect the audio to be remixed from the original masters and sound better than Love You Live.

The audio on all the existing Paris videos are way inferior to LYL.

LA Forum and Roundhay Park had even worse picture quality/camera work than the Paris tv concert.

The audio mix is hilariously bad in places, so Paris must surely get a remix.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-03 20:39 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 3, 2017 20:33

DandelionPowderman
yeababyyea
DandelionPowderman
yeababyyea
TheGreek

LA Forum and Roundhay Park had even worse picture quality/camera work than the Paris tv concert.

The adios mix is hilariously bad in places, so Paris must surely get a remix.

I don't see a problem with that. They remixed all Vault Releases.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 3, 2017 20:39

DandelionPowderman
yeababyyea
DandelionPowderman
yeababyyea
TheGreek

I was in on the joke and I thought the title of the song might have given a clue! grinning smiley

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: April 3, 2017 20:40

Deltics
DandelionPowderman
yeababyyea
DandelionPowderman
yeababyyea
TheGreek

I was in on the joke and I thought the title of the song might have given a clue! grinning smiley

We've gone from being had to petitioning!

Posted by: adrianmfa2 ()
Date: April 5, 2017 18:53

Paris June 5th.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 6, 2017 17:24

DandelionPowderman
LYL is not Paris 1976 + El Mocambo. Firstly, there are songs from several Paris shows - not just the show we're talking about here. Secondly, there are songs from the US 1975 on there as well.

Sure but you gotta wonder what went thru their minds when they selected trax for LYL. On one hand you have a handful of scorching shows from 75 (Cleveland comes to mind in particular) and a bunch of dodgy gigs from Paris and London in 76.

What do you pick? The shows from 76... Ugh! The sole rational explanation is that in 77 they considered the 75 tour as "yesterday's papers" and wanted sth newer (the 76 shows and setlists).
Mick : "Keef, with a bit of overdubs we'll polish these 76 turds! (snif)" grinning smiley

Date: April 6, 2017 17:33

dcba
DandelionPowderman
LYL is not Paris 1976 + El Mocambo. Firstly, there are songs from several Paris shows - not just the show we're talking about here. Secondly, there are songs from the US 1975 on there as well.

Sure but you gotta wonder what went thru their minds when they selected trax for LYL. On one hand you have a handful of scorching shows from 75 (Cleveland comes to mind in particular) and a bunch of dodgy gigs from Paris and London in 76.

What do you pick? The shows from 76... Ugh! The sole rational explanation is that in 77 they considered the 75 tour as "yesterday's papers" and wanted sth newer (the 76 shows and setlists).
Mick : "Keef, with a bit of overdubs we'll polish these 76 turds! (snif)" grinning smiley

It could also be that the sound of the recordings of the Euro-shows were superior.

Many of the 75 shows were also a little looser. Although Toronto (which they picked something from) and Cleveland indeed were great.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 6, 2017 18:13

adrianmfa2
Paris June 5th.

video: [www.youtube.com]

This needs to get officially released Jagger is on fire at least early on....hot smiley

From The Vault Pars '76 ???
Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: December 4, 2018 03:32

It is labelled as From The Vault Pars '76 but I don't seem to remember that this show was released as one of the FTV Series.....
Am I right?

Please, shed som light.

Thanks

[www.youtube.com]

Re: From The Vault Pars '76 ???
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: December 4, 2018 03:51

April Fool!

[iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: December 4, 2018 03:56

i remember this prank. hopefully it actually gets released soon though.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: December 4, 2018 13:00

They've been working on it, hopefully it will be released next year!

Date: December 4, 2018 13:16

Great show

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: December 4, 2018 13:31

Pars? I didn't know our boys played Shiraz back in the last years of the shah.... ;-) Joke aside, they should release a box with all the shows from the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th from Les Abbatoires, that'd be something!

smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-04 13:32 by MadMax.

Date: December 4, 2018 14:44

I love all the footage before the show. The people milling around; and you know 75% of them have no real function - groupies of another sort. Then the 'real' groupie eventually shows; ugh, what a scary lady of the night haha..
Ron Wood is still with Krissy. When Ron and Keith enter the arena you can see Keith completely taking over, and strolling with some authority.

This is what all the guys doing 70's era movies and TV should be looking at. Everyone smoked; and not everyone walked around looking like they belonged to the Village People.

Interesting that I think it is the only time I recall seeing Keith play the red Gibson on "Midnight Rambler". Keith is still playing a lot of lead.
I was positive that Ronnie played "Negrita" on the silver Zemaitis, but he is still on his Strat. They don't switch guitars all that often. It looks like Keith and Ron switch together; when one changes, the other one does too.
Never knew that Jagger sat to play piano during Ron's big solo in YCAGWYW. I thought that was one of Ronnie's best solos in that song. I really like how he develops it, very patiently.
The whole show seems almost a bit subdued. Jagger doesn't take his shirt off until the very end.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-04 15:05 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: December 4, 2018 17:59

Palace Revolution 2000
I love all the footage before the show. The people milling around; and you know 75% of them have no real function - groupies of another sort. Then the 'real' groupie eventually shows; ugh, what a scary lady of the night haha..
Ron Wood is still with Krissy. When Ron and Keith enter the arena you can see Keith completely taking over, and strolling with some authority.

This is what all the guys doing 70's era movies and TV should be looking at. Everyone smoked; and not everyone walked around looking like they belonged to the Village People.

Interesting that I think it is the only time I recall seeing Keith play the red Gibson on "Midnight Rambler". Keith is still playing a lot of lead.
I was positive that Ronnie played "Negrita" on the silver Zemaitis, but he is still on his Strat. They don't switch guitars all that often. It looks like Keith and Ron switch together; when one changes, the other one does too.
Never knew that Jagger sat to play piano during Ron's big solo in YCAGWYW. I thought that was one of Ronnie's best solos in that song. I really like how he develops it, very patiently.
The whole show seems almost a bit subdued. Jagger doesn't take his shirt off until the very end.
It's a great show , the solo that you mention of Ronnie on YCAGWYW is that the solo that appears on Love You Live ?

Date: December 4, 2018 18:00

Palace Revolution 2000

It's a great show , the solo that you mention of Ronnie on YCAGWYW is that the solo that appears on Love You Live ? I used to blast that as a kid on the old turntable along with Led Zeppelin's The Song Remains The Same .

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1644
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home