Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: Keith Richards - Merle Haggard Tribute, Nashville TN April 6
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 11, 2017 00:44

keefriff99
stone4ever
jlowe
When Merle died, Keith in tribute said "....he was on the road right until the end, because its just what you do".
Keith obviously still likes being out there and it seems sad that concert wise, he has been, apart from the Stones (short) tours, pretty absent from the stage the last 12 or so years.
Let's hope some solo gigs happen sometime soon. I'm sure The Stones very relaxed schedule could accommodate that.

I for one can't wait for that, Keith can still give a good show, sure he will forget words and hit a few bum notes but that's all part of his charm we have grown to love and except. But yeah Keith still has something to offer as a solo artist, he could mix it up with a few Stones tracks , a few country and reggae songs and some good old Wino's numbers, not to mention the long time over due old standards he did while awaiting trial in 77' and the 81' Long View Farm demos. There is much to do for Keith with little time left i imagine. I hope this Stones machine winds to a close this year so Keith gets to do the stuff close to his heart that i know he can pull off. I honestly can't see whats left for the Stones now, they are repeating two thirds of the same show since 89' imho.
It's amazing people fall for Keith's rhetoric.

He's done nothing musically outside of the Stones since 1993 apart from Crosseyed Heart. He shows up for tribute shows here and there, but that's about it.

If he loves music so much, why isn't he out on the road with the Winos or in the studio with them? The bottom line is he's not capable of leading a band anymore. Playing with the Stones is relatively easy because Mick and Chuck shoulder the burden of selecting set lists, setting tempos, count-ins, etc. All Keith has to do is show up and meander his way through the greatest hits, with marginal success depending on the night.

The idea that he's going to suddenly announce a 25-date theater tour with the Winos is laughable. They were never a super-tight band even in their prime...hearing them now would be cringe-worthy to say the least.

>>All Keith has to do is show up and meander his way through the greatest hits, with marginal success depending on the night.<<

have you seen 'Havana Moon', or 'Ole Ole Ole'...?

He's not really meandering his way through .. he has to knock out a few solos now and then and one could call some of them meandering, sometimes... but how about a little appreciation for him and the way he fires up the songs he plays the intro to..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-11 00:46 by duke richardson.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: April 11, 2017 01:30

Doxa
stone4ever

I am with you up to a point, i think Keith should have at least played a show or two to promote Crosseyed Heart, i mean he didn't even play one track off the album anywhere. I found that unbelievable after all the things he says. I thought Keith cared enough about the music to play it to us on some level even if it was a live studio recorded situation without an audience. He did however do the rounds of interviews, a lot of them, but yeah i was so pissed off with Keith's laziness. I wonder if its because he doesn't want to rock the boat and cause Mick to do some solo shows. Its like he started making Crosseyed heart when he thought the Stones were over, and then he waited and waited for the Stones to stop touring before releasing CH, but as we know the Stones never gave it up, so Keith had to finish it and release it while the Stones were still an active unit. That kind of goes against all the things Keith said about Mick when he made She's The Boss, but it wasn't really Keith's fault when he kept trying in vain to get the Stones on the road (unsuccessfully ) in 2009, 2010' and 2011.
Mick made Keith pay for a long time over the contents in Keith's bio Life.

I have a bit different interpretation or recollection what has happened during the last couple of years.

Firstly, after the years following A BIGGER BANG tour, Richards probably had not only thought about the Stones being over, but his own musical career as well. That's at least if we look what he has done or revealed about those years. At one point he even stopped playing the guitar altogether, which lasted about a year or two. "Writing" LIFE was a part of that (retirement), like 'all I have any longer is to tell the story' (actually I was rather sure when I read the book that the Stones are over - there was so much in the book indicating to that). During that time the tragedy of his wife also happened, which also seemingly caused him to rethink the priorities in his life; for example, he get rid of his own studio at his basement as a part of contentrating his life to his wife (a noble but kinda odd thing for a working musician to do). It was his old friend Jordan who kicked the ass of this retired musician and CROSSEYED HEART is the result of Keith 'learning the game again', 'getting his shit back together'. The album was recorded during quite a long time, and unlike with his earlier solo records or Stones records, there wasn't any 'band' to work intensively together for a relatively short time, but just a random amount of musicians he gathered together to cut some occasional tracks here and there. So when the album was finally released - after the Stones 50 Anniversary actitivities - there was no any 'band' Keith would go easily with to promote the album. For that he had to start from a zero, find the right people, learn and arrange the songs, rehearse helluva lot, make a proper show of all that, etc. My estimation is that it is not about his loyalty to the Stones or about laziness, but that he simply were/is not up to that kind of task any longer (I welcome Keith to prove me wrong). I am sure that the Richards of 1988 or 1992 would have never hesitated one sec playing the album/songs live some way or other, but creating CROSSEYED HEART was altogether different business than it was once with TALK IS CHEAP and MAIN OFFENDER that were based on the intensive Winos sessions. But making the album and releasing it is a great thing an sich, which I think surprised all of us positively - but we should not conclude too much of it.

Secondly, surely LIFE caused some trouble to get the Stones back on the road again, and Jagger probably let Richards to feel that, but I don't recall Keith actively trying to get the Stones back to activity in 2009, 2010 or 2011. What he finally did was organizing the three-day London jam sessions in December 2011, and invited all the Stones members to join him there. That can be seen as a starting point of their 50th Annversary re-union, which still continues. The way I see the importance of these sessions is like Keith proving to Jagger (he joined there for two days, right) that he is up to the task again, he has got enough of his chops back for the Stones to function again now when they were facing the commercially tempting 50th Anniversary. But as we know, it took for a year to get the band finally to perform again (including Keith's apology, etc.).

Thirdly, as mentioned in the reflective posts above, Keith loves to talk all kinds of things, about working hard, dying on the stage, having antennas out all the time and everything, but most likely that is a pro 'keeping up appearances'. That is entertaining for sure, but it would actually be interesting to hear him being frank about his true condition - of his fingers, of his mind, or how hard it is for him to actually play the guitar etc - and how much it actually asks from him to do what he does these days, no matter how relatively little that actually is. I think he would gain a lot of different kind of appreciation by that (and if we would be realistic, we would be grateful for anything we can get from him now), but I guess that's something an immortal Rolling Stone - the Keef - can never do in public. But because of that he ends up confusing his fans by not doing more than taking his old role in playing Stones hits with his old band occasionally and doing some cameo appearances here and then, like now for Merle Haggard (a nice, touching version, by the way).

- Doxa

Doxa, i don't know what to say, you are full of surprises, i think you have it right there, that is the most probable reasoning to what really happened. You are right about Keith , a lot of his utterances are just bravado and hype. Its just the way he is made, he can't level with people, just like he can't admit drink gets the better of him or anything else come to think of it. He does seem to carry a lot of denial around with him, but i think that's just on the surface, he doesn't want to let the vultures in on any of his vulnerabilities. I imagine Keith would feel that it would backfire on him to show too many of his personal thoughts. Mick learned this early on when it comes to his public face, what and how much he want's to reveal is always kept to the utmost minimum.
Can we blame them. What you have a gift of doing Doxa is reading between the lines, its all out there if we look hard enough. I guess the secrecy of people like Mick and Keith is what makes them so fascinating, i mean Keith comes across as such an open guy while actually giving away no more than what he wants us to believe. You certainly have these characters figured my friend.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: April 11, 2017 01:32

... I think Doxa is brilliant. I love those reflective and thoughtful posts!!!

Merle Haggard - I Forget You Every Day
[www.youtube.com]

"...Seems like I forget you just in time
'Cause it's always just before I lose my mind
I wake up every morning hurtin' the same old way
But for a little while I forget you every day...."

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-13 05:48 by hopkins.

Date: April 11, 2017 01:45

Edited? Yes.

Overdubbed? Where?

Date: April 11, 2017 02:59

pretty much every live album since, and including gyyyo i think.

Merle Haggard - I'm Not That Good At Goodbye
[www.youtube.com]

middle aged here; intense and beautiful
Written by Lefty Frizzell

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-13 05:41 by hopkins.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 11, 2017 03:53

I suspect you're thinking of the solo in "Out of Control" and to Dandy's point, that's an edit, not an actual overdub. Much like what was done with "Start Me Up" for SWEET SUMMER SUN.

Date: April 11, 2017 04:13

Merle Haggard on the Porter Wagoner show (early)
[www.youtube.com]

love the performances and the talk with Porter between songs too.

"Little Ole Wine Drinker Me"
"Today I Started Loving You Again"

(Porter incredibly important in Dolly's emergence & early development as well...)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-13 05:36 by hopkins.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 11, 2017 04:57

As far as wishing Keith 'would get honest about the struggle with pain in hands'
I say: I've got enough old people around me witching and moaning health complaints. I could kvetch on about myself along too right down into
blue depression. Ugh. I say thank you truly for the wit and laughs instead.
And oh yeah, my favorite music/ huge part of my life.
I read a recent book by an author who has made himself famous the last few years
by teaching others how to 'bio hack' your health/mind/body for top performance -supplements, diet, different applications experienced, reported back.
'Bulletproof' (think Silicon Valley execs/ high sales hedgies squeezing out performance)
And Keith Richards has stated since the 80's, when asked, and he is always asked,
about is drug taking,
He claims the same! He says he was experimenting with his body/ chemistry/ read pharmacology reference medical book, little this little that...
Dude was biohacking back in the day! 1st again.
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 11, 2017 06:43

35love
As far as wishing Keith 'would get honest about the struggle with pain in hands'
I say: I've got enough old people around me witching and moaning health complaints. I could kvetch on about myself along too right down into
I read a recent book by an author who has made himself famous the last few years
by teaching others how to 'bio hack' your health/mind/body for top performance -supplements, diet, different applications experienced, reported back.
'Bulletproof' (think Silicon Valley execs/ high sales hedgies squeezing out performance)
And Keith Richards has stated since the 80's, when asked, and he is always asked,
about is drug taking,
He claims the same! He says he was experimenting with his body/ chemistry/ read pharmacology reference medical book, little this little that...
'Bulletproof'??

Are you referring to Dave Asprey? I've listened to him on several of Joe Rogan's podcasts. The guy comes off like a total snake oil salesman. He is interesting to listen to but I take very little of what he says seriously.

Date: April 11, 2017 07:19

keefriff99
35love
about is drug taking,
'Bulletproof'??

Are you referring to Dave Asprey? I've listened to him on several of Joe Rogan's podcasts. The guy comes off like a total snake oil salesman. He is interesting to listen to but I take very little of what he says seriously.

Yes! Dave Asprey Bulletproof coffee. I actually don't listen to any podcasts, I have a 'quirk' (I guess) where I only will read for info. Music 99% of the time audio only, no video input.
The new book he has out is called 'Headstrong'
I like the analogy of Keith 'bio hacking' it's what he himself has said starting some 25 years ago.
(And I don't have a cavalier attitude about drug addiction)

Date: April 11, 2017 09:47

hopkins
ok thank you. i guess i don't have the terminology right?
i mean there was a bum note live....and it was periscoped and there for all to see and hear....

,...and then the exact same performance for the movie and the lead was really good. in key and everything...
i figured they had to do that post production in a sound studio to replace the unusable part with a really good lead in tune with the rest of the band and everything....that is an 'edit' and not an 'overdub' ?

[www.dictionary.com]

so i DO appreciate the correction. Apparently an 'overdub' is where they add something to something already existing according to this definition?

and an 'edit' would be if they just cut the 'bad' part out and recorded a new lead part and replaced it, or 'edited' it into the movie soundtrack?

this is not a personal critique btw, i'm far from pro but had a band with an important showcase decades ago at a really cool place; and was the rhythm guy, all dramatically kicking off this song the lead guy wrote, and i had the capo a fret off of the right position...

....and the band came in STRONG as rehearsed....
....and holy moly i wish i had a second chance to clean that up...lol...
flop sweat. i'm all glaring at the bass player for screwing up an important showcase and it was me!!!
and it was a trainwreck...i didn't even know what the hell was wrong!!!
i was so rehearsed, jacked up and ready to roll haha. what an @#$%&...
the bass player was GREAT and started to transpose on the spot like a madman all blushing himself. what a catastrophe...whew...
i think we kind of redeemed ourselves with the rest of the set but i was destroyed...took the heart right out of me. these things happen i guess...
it's like twenty somethinhg years later and i'm still ashamed when i think about it smiling smiley

An overdub would require that Keith went to the studio to record a new part. To my knowledge, he hasn't done that since 1990 for Flashpoint for a live album. Perhaps he did it for No Security, but that's not confirmed.

An edit is just the engineer removing a part or adding parts from other places in the song.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-11 09:48 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 11, 2017 12:39

DandelionPowderman

...An overdub would require that Keith went to the studio to record a new part. To my knowledge, he hasn't done that since 1990 for Flashpoint for a live album. Perhaps he did it for No Security, but that's not confirmed...

No... but Pierre may have done.
He was I recall credited with some guitar on the ABB tour live releases.

Date: April 11, 2017 13:20

Doxa
stone4ever

I am with you up to a point, i think Keith should have at least played a show or two to promote Crosseyed Heart, i mean he didn't even play one track off the album anywhere. I found that unbelievable after all the things he says. I thought Keith cared enough about the music to play it to us on some level even if it was a live studio recorded situation without an audience. He did however do the rounds of interviews, a lot of them, but yeah i was so pissed off with Keith's laziness. I wonder if its because he doesn't want to rock the boat and cause Mick to do some solo shows. Its like he started making Crosseyed heart when he thought the Stones were over, and then he waited and waited for the Stones to stop touring before releasing CH, but as we know the Stones never gave it up, so Keith had to finish it and release it while the Stones were still an active unit. That kind of goes against all the things Keith said about Mick when he made She's The Boss, but it wasn't really Keith's fault when he kept trying in vain to get the Stones on the road (unsuccessfully ) in 2009, 2010' and 2011.
Mick made Keith pay for a long time over the contents in Keith's bio Life.

I have a bit different interpretation or recollection what has happened during the last couple of years.

Firstly, after the years following A BIGGER BANG tour, Richards probably had not only thought about the Stones being over, but his own musical career as well. That's at least if we look what he has done or revealed about those years. At one point he even stopped playing the guitar altogether, which lasted about a year or two. "Writing" LIFE was a part of that (retirement), like 'all I have any longer is to tell the story' (actually I was rather sure when I read the book that the Stones are over - there was so much in the book indicating to that). During that time the tragedy of his wife also happened, which also seemingly caused him to rethink the priorities in his life; for example, he get rid of his own studio at his basement as a part of contentrating his life to his wife (a noble but kinda odd thing for a working musician to do). It was his old friend Jordan who kicked the ass of this retired musician and CROSSEYED HEART is the result of Keith 'learning the game again', 'getting his shit back together'. The album was recorded during quite a long time, and unlike with his earlier solo records or Stones records, there wasn't any 'band' to work intensively together for a relatively short time, but just a random amount of musicians he gathered together to cut some occasional tracks here and there. So when the album was finally released - after the Stones 50 Anniversary actitivities - there was no any 'band' Keith would go easily with to promote the album. For that he had to start from a zero, find the right people, learn and arrange the songs, rehearse helluva lot, make a proper show of all that, etc. My estimation is that it is not about his loyalty to the Stones or about laziness, but that he simply were/is not up to that kind of task any longer (I welcome Keith to prove me wrong). I am sure that the Richards of 1988 or 1992 would have never hesitated one sec playing the album/songs live some way or other, but creating CROSSEYED HEART was altogether different business than it was once with TALK IS CHEAP and MAIN OFFENDER that were based on the intensive Winos sessions. But making the album and releasing it is a great thing an sich, which I think surprised all of us positively - but we should not conclude too much of it.

Secondly, surely LIFE caused some trouble to get the Stones back on the road again, and Jagger probably let Richards to feel that, but I don't recall Keith actively trying to get the Stones back to activity in 2009, 2010 or 2011. What he finally did was organizing the three-day London jam sessions in December 2011, and invited all the Stones members to join him there. That can be seen as a starting point of their 50th Annversary re-union, which still continues. The way I see the importance of these sessions is like Keith proving to Jagger (he joined there for two days, right) that he is up to the task again, he has got enough of his chops back for the Stones to function again now when they were facing the commercially tempting 50th Anniversary. But as we know, it took for a year to get the band finally to perform again (including Keith's apology, etc.).

Thirdly, as mentioned in the reflective posts above, Keith loves to talk all kinds of things, about working hard, dying on the stage, having antennas out all the time and everything, but most likely that is a pro 'keeping up appearances'. That is entertaining for sure, but it would actually be interesting to hear him being frank about his true condition - of his fingers, of his mind, or how hard it is for him to actually play the guitar etc - and how much it actually asks from him to do what he does these days, no matter how relatively little that actually is. I think he would gain a lot of different kind of appreciation by that (and if we would be realistic, we would be grateful for anything we can get from him now), but I guess that's something an immortal Rolling Stone - the Keef - can never do in public. But because of that he ends up confusing his fans by not doing more than taking his old role in playing Stones hits with his old band occasionally and doing some cameo appearances here and then, like now for Merle Haggard (a nice, touching version, by the way).

- Doxa

There's likely much truth in Doxa's comments.

That said, if Keith's bluster represents one pole of the reality,
Doxa's assessment perhaps represents the other.

The truth is likely somewhere between, probably just on Doxa's side of the equator smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-11 13:44 by Spud.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 11, 2017 15:46

Spud

The truth is likely somewhere between, probably just on Doxa's side of the equator smiling smiley

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

- Albert Einstein

Date: April 11, 2017 16:03

latebloomer
Spud

- Albert Einstein
I don't exactly want Keith to say, "Yeah, my fingers are killing me...I can barely play electric lead any more, and my memory is hazy."

But getting real in SOME way would be refreshing.

Date: April 11, 2017 16:19

What's quite interesting is that Keith's acoustic playing in trecent years has remained quite error free & dextrous.

Pretty much free of the "bloomers" he commits when too busy posing and throwing shapes on electric.

Date: April 11, 2017 16:33

Spud
What's quite interesting is that Keith's acoustic playing in trecent years has remained quite error free & dextrous.

Pretty much free of the "bloomers" he commits when too busy posing and throwing shapes on electric.
His acoustic work is beautiful. It's like he's in a totally different state of mind when playing acoustic.

Date: April 11, 2017 18:26

Yes, Keith's acoustic work is beautiful.
And 'Crosseyed Heart' was a pleasure for me.
Recently (in either an Exhibition interview clip, I think, but in the last 12 months)
Keith was interviewed and he spoke about how grateful he was- for his life/career
camera in his eyes, pert near tears, right from the heart.
Good enough 'real' for me.

ETA: oh and I remember an interview Mick was giving some years back (5 years ago, maybe 10)
A pregnant gal was interviewing him and she asked:
Are you never sore? No aches and pains? Wake up and groan?
Quick without hesitation Mick says: No. Never! Never. (shrug) just lucky I guess....
And I thought oh come on! Even us who regularly work out hurt!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-11 18:30 by 35love.

Date: April 11, 2017 23:37

keefriff99
latebloomer
Spud

- Albert Einstein
I don't exactly want Keith to say, "Yeah, my fingers are killing me...I can barely play electric lead any more, and my memory is hazy."

I don't recall Keith ever stating that he was a great lead guitarist, in fact he's often said the opposite. As for his hands, that is his personal business to discuss or not discuss as he sees fit. He may tell stories differently at times, but that could have more to do with his propensity for expansive story telling than his memory.

Date: April 11, 2017 23:54

35love
Recently (in either an Exhibition interview clip, I think, but in the last 12 months)
Keith was interviewed and he spoke about how grateful he was- for his life/career

ETA: oh and I remember an interview Mick was giving some years back (5 years ago, maybe 10)
Quick without hesitation Mick says: No. Never! Never. (shrug) just lucky I guess....

This just goes to show Mick tells lies, i know for a fact that he has back trouble, nothing that Human Growth Hormone and Testosterone injections can't fix evidently.

Date: April 11, 2017 23:58

stone4ever
35love

This just goes to show Mick tells lies, i know for a fact that he has back trouble, nothing that Human Growth Hormone and Testosterone injections can't fix evidently.

So what if they both aren't completely truthful about health problems. I for one can't stand when people complain constantly about their aches and pains. I'd much rather hear them discuss the next album and tour.

Date: April 12, 2017 00:02

latebloomer
stone4ever
35love

So what if they both aren't completely truthful about health problems. I for one can't stand when people complain constantly about their aches and pains. I'd much rather hear them discuss the next album and tour.

What i love about the Stones, (especially as they are 22 years older than me), is that while they are still playing, I'M NOT OLD spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-12 00:03 by stone4ever.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 12, 2017 02:37

stone4ever

what the hell is wrong with you?i try to ignore most of your nonsense but then you put out something that makes you look as serious as a 3 year old girl with mommies make-up smeared on your face.

you don't know anything about any medical issue that mick has,you don't have access to his medical records and you just made that up out of thin air.

no singer would ever take anabolics because for one, it changes the tone of your voice and two,it leads to weight gain.i've never heard anyone stupid enough to accuse a 135 pound dude of being on the juice,until now.

this is how internet rumors start,with a-holes like you talking shit.

Date: April 12, 2017 03:15

Well I would actually be very interested in hearing or reading Mick talk extensively about his workout regimen and diet. I think a lot of people would love to know more about what he does to stay in such incredible shape.

Date: April 12, 2017 10:12

I don't think it's any mystery.

Just healthy diet, not smoking, sensible fitness work and the good fortune to posess naturally athletic genes.

He may dabble in other trendy "fountain of youth" products and ideas but they won't make much or any difference .

Mick's not unique these days in being a very fit 70 odd year old ... and he hasn't worked down the pit for 40 years .winking smiley

Date: April 12, 2017 11:27

lem motlow
stone4ever

what the hell is wrong with you?i try to ignore most of your nonsense but then you put out something that makes you look as serious as a 3 year old girl with mommies make-up smeared on your face.

you don't know anything about any medical issue that mick has,you don't have access to his medical records and you just made that up out of thin air.

no singer would ever take anabolics because for one, it changes the tone of your voice and two,it leads to weight gain.i've never heard anyone stupid enough to accuse a 135 pound dude of being on the juice,until now.

Calm down Lem.
First off Mick has said himself in an interview that he suffers with his back and takes a physio on tour with him. This was around the 2003 tour.
Secondly it's obvious you know nothing about Human Growth Hormone , its the new jet set thing, Hollywood actors and musicians are taking it, it is amazing for prolonging the efficiency of the body and its major organs, it turns back your bodies internal clock, look it up. It doesn't have to be used to make you big, that's your ignorance. Its legal around most of the world and the States but not in the UK at present unless through the NHS. It's not steroids like you are thinking, this stuff can physically make a 70 year old's body 50 again internally.

Think about it for a minute, do you think Mick would be able to perform at this level in his 70's without it. No way !!

Another thing about Human Growth Hormone, my Niece had her pituitary gland removed , serious brain surgery, left her body with no natural hormones.
Human Growth Hormone on the NHS has basically restored her quality of life.
She suffered from what used to be called Gigantism disorder, her body and facial features were becoming huge. She has been on HGH for 18 months now since her brain operation and looks and feels normal again. Do some research Lem you moron.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-12 12:11 by stone4ever.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 12, 2017 12:16

keefriff99

I don't exactly want Keith to say, "my memory is hazy."

Bad memory and haziness could be the result of the anti-epileptic pills he's been taking after his brain surgery, not the result of his former lengthy journey into junk.
I someone who's on Keppra™ and it can f@ck you up quite spectacularly.

Date: April 12, 2017 15:18

Spud
I don't think it's any mystery.

Just healthy diet, not smoking, sensible fitness work and the good fortune to posess naturally athletic genes.

He may dabble in other trendy "fountain of youth" products and ideas but they won't make much or any difference .

Mick's not unique these days in being a very fit 70 odd year old ... and he hasn't worked down the pit for 40 years .winking smiley
Maybe it's nothing out of the ordinary, but I'd still be curious.

You can't say he's not unique. A 73-year old with zero body fat, washboard abs, and can still perform with energy and precision IS unique.

Date: April 12, 2017 15:35

stone4ever
lem motlow
stone4ever

Calm down Lem.
First off Mick has said himself in an interview that he suffers with his back and takes a physio on tour with him. This was around the 2003 tour.
Secondly it's obvious you know nothing about Human Growth Hormone , its the new jet set thing, Hollywood actors and musicians are taking it, it is amazing for prolonging the efficiency of the body and its major organs, it turns back your bodies internal clock, look it up. It doesn't have to be used to make you big, that's your ignorance. Its legal around most of the world and the States but not in the UK at present unless through the NHS. It's not steroids like you are thinking, this stuff can physically make a 70 year old's body 50 again internally.

Think about it for a minute, do you think Mick would be able to perform at this level in his 70's without it. No way !!

Another thing about Human Growth Hormone, my Niece had her pituitary gland removed , serious brain surgery, left her body with no natural hormones.
Human Growth Hormone on the NHS has basically restored her quality of life.
She suffered from what used to be called Gigantism disorder, her body and facial features were becoming huge. She has been on HGH for 18 months now since her brain operation and looks and feels normal again. Do some research Lem you moron.
I've never heard Mick talk about any physical pains or ailment ever. He seems to be hellbent on projecting an image of eternal youth...any link to these comments?

Date: April 12, 2017 15:42

Merle Haggard - Branded Man (Live, 1968)
[www.youtube.com]

I'd like to hold my head up and be proud of who I am
But they won't let my secret go untold
I paid the debt I owed them, but they're still not satisfied
Now I'm a branded man out in the cold

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-13 05:32 by hopkins.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1508
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home