Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Do you think UK leaving the EU could bring back an early, pre-1973 Stones sound?
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: March 30, 2017 13:28

Just saying... UK leaving the EU could encourage the Stones to go back to the sound they had before the UK entering EU... All is a circle, man...

Re: Do you think UK leaving the EU could bring back an early, pre-1973 Stones sound?
Posted by: Meise ()
Date: March 30, 2017 13:43

That's the most stupid thread I've ever read here

Re: Do you think UK leaving the EU could bring back an early, pre-1973 Stones sound?
Date: March 30, 2017 13:45

Mr Meise, thanks.. Coming from you, I take it as a compliment...

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 30, 2017 14:35

Yeah and Jagger will be replaced with Nigel Farage

What on earth are you talking about

Nate

Date: March 30, 2017 14:39

Nate
Yeah and Jagger will be replaced with Nigel Farage

What on earth are you talking about

Nate

I'm just saying... Mick Taylor leaving the Stones should have been submitted to a referendum... Hope it makes more sense for you... Cheers..

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 30, 2017 14:52

This thread certainly has a huge potential. Keep posting! grinning smiley

Methinks the Stones won't "go back to the sound they had before the UK entering EU" because Jimmy Saville et Ed Heath are dead.
So the magic's gone for good.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: March 30, 2017 14:53

No, if Scotland quits to remain in EU!

Posted by: LukeTheDrifter ()
Date: March 30, 2017 15:19

"Do you think UK leaving the EU could bring back an early, pre-1973 Stones sound?"

Yes, naturally. Do you even have to ask? Goes Without saying.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: March 30, 2017 15:32

You mean, life in the UK would get so expensive that even the Stones can't survive there anymore and would get back into exile in Euope again? Well, Keith lives in the US, but what with Trump, he might end up facing the same problem. Exile in France might be a problem because of Le Pen.
They might follow suit to Ron Wood, live in Barcelona, which sooner or later will get independence from Spain so they'll end up bankrupt yet again and be obliged to play in small pubs in the city. So yeah, you're probably right.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: March 30, 2017 15:39

Britain leaving the EU will lead to a worldwide economic depression and governments will tax the wealthy's assets at 100 pct, forcing Mick, Keith and Ronnie to move into a tiny flat at Edith Grove, where, with nothing else to do, the boys huddle on the floor playing old blues songs until the economy gets better and they begin getting small gigs around London. The rest is history.

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: March 30, 2017 15:44

LukeTheDrifter
"Do you think UK leaving the EU could bring back an early, pre-1973 Stones sound?"

Yes, naturally. Do you even have to ask? Goes Without saying.

Agree. That EU regulation concerning the Stones sound has to be the first to go.

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: March 30, 2017 16:51

I heard The Joker say he hates Meise's to pieces......well actually Mr. Jinks said that, but who's keeping track....

Meise
That's the most stupid thread I've ever read here

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 30, 2017 17:02

So if they come back to Toronto, they'll recover their '70s sound? We have a new Trudeau as their muse...

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: March 30, 2017 17:07

A useless thread.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 30, 2017 17:09

Cool, I say leave the UK and play in Toronto. 2017, a return to the muscle years!

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: March 30, 2017 17:32

"How stupid can a thread be?" - competition has started angry smileythumbs downsad smiley ????????????????

Date: March 30, 2017 17:43

Skyhawk... Think... We would go back to analogical recording, and to non-decimal shillings, each of them worth 12 pence...
Seems a good omen to fly backward to the good old 12 bar blues.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: March 30, 2017 18:59

No chance. I am an eu citizen living in the UK and this has created a divided country and an unpleasant atmosphere. I cannot predict the future but the UK will never be the same again. One thing is certain the past has gone and will never come backsmoking smiley

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1891
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home