Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: What the worst weather they ever had for a show?
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: March 25, 2017 14:29

I recall getting rather wet at Sheffield on the B2B tour.

Didn't rain the whole day though ...and certainly not an equatorial deluge !

The rubber mats were out though...with Keith & Ronnie catching the rain in their mnouths and jumping in the puddles grinning smiley

Date: March 25, 2017 14:40

It's funny: Ronnie's hair gets affected the most by rain. He looks like a little boy.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: March 25, 2017 14:47

windmelody
Cologne 1999 was extremely rainy. I have wonderful memories from that night.

Me too!
Good gig and last one of the tour I think.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 25, 2017 17:52

A rainy Wednesday night in 1994, Giants Stadium in New Jersey.

I bought a big, clear plastic drop cloth at Home Depot on the way to the stadium and a ticket outside for $20.

Great Show !

Montreal 14th, 1989
Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: March 25, 2017 18:29

deteted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-25 18:36 by daniel t.

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: March 25, 2017 18:30

TheGreek
Olympic Stadium , Montreal ,December 1989 trudging thru knee deep snow from where the buses dropped us off in the parking lot to walk around to find the right entrance when the tickets were printed in French and of course none of us knowing how to speak French and we were told the seats were the best half of the stadium which we were very uneasy about until we get inside and see a seating chart/diagram and we were on the field in the infield of the baseball field which was the then home of the former Major League franchise Montreal Expos (now known as the Washington Nationals ) So the tickets in French said I know I will mess up the spelling but it said "Partie" which translates to "Section"(just looked up the word for the correct spelling)(which amazes me that all these years later I can remember such a trivial detail )(so much for my brain being fried ) but we did not know .So we were by second base in front of the soundboard with the stage being setup at homeplate which most stadium shows in baseball stadiums the stage is always setup in the outfield .The concert was a great Steel Wheels concert with Living Color opening .

I was at that show on December 14th, 1989 and the stage was definitely set up in the outfield, not on the home plate side. I was sitting somewhere around the 406 section on this picture (the furthest/highest you can be from the stage). If it was reversed (homeplate side), there would have been no seats where I was actually sitting.

[www.empiretickets.com]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-25 18:44 by daniel t.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 25, 2017 18:58

Palace Revolution 2000
It's funny: Ronnie's hair gets affected the most by rain. He looks like a little boy.

Maybe because his hair is 90% synthetic?

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: March 25, 2017 18:58

Chicago Soldier Field 2006. Cold windy brutal and a bad show to boot! Whereas Wichita about a week earlier was beautiful and perfect!

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: March 25, 2017 19:09

donvis
Chicago Soldier Field 2006. Cold windy brutal and a bad show to boot! Whereas Wichita about a week earlier was beautiful and perfect!

I would guess it's not easy to play guitar with freezing fingers...

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: March 25, 2017 19:53

franzk
Rain and cold are terrible conditions for sure, but so is sweltering heat. On the day they performed in Budapest, 20 July 2007, the city experienced record temperature EVER, over 40 C!

[iorr.org]

Yup, Bucharest as well got hit by a heatwave three days earlier: [iorr.org]

Hence the 18 song setlist for both concerts.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: March 25, 2017 20:29

Wow, reading these posts makes me feel lucky. I've seen the Stones 6 times, much less than many of you, but each gig was an outdoor one and each was beautiful weather.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1358
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home