Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Gregg Allman cancels all 2017 tour dates
Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: March 14, 2017 00:33

[www.jambase.com]

He didn't play many live dates last year and is/was purportedly finishing up a new album produced by Don Was. He's had a myriad of health issues for a while now. Say some prayers.

Re: OT: Gregg Allman cancels all 2017 tour dates
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 14, 2017 01:20

Sad news.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 14, 2017 01:40

Think he just got married too. Shame, but he should rest and relax. Would love for him to get better, but these guys at their ages and with their health issues its best if they don't push it too hard. Feel thats only bound to worsen them. I hope for his recovery and that if he's truly well enough he gets back on the road.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 14, 2017 02:30

Nothing new for Gregg, unfortunately. He's a liver transplant survivor and his health issues caused postponement of the Allmans' farewell Beacon shows a few years back. He recently canceled a booking on Joe Bonamassa's Blues Alive At Sea cruise. Sounds like this may be more serious though. Get well, Gregg!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 14, 2017 03:49

bleedingman
Nothing new for Gregg, unfortunately. He's a liver transplant survivor and his health issues caused postponement of the Allmans' farewell Beacon shows a few years back. He recently canceled a booking on Joe Bonamassa's Blues Alive At Sea cruise. Sounds like this may be more serious though. Get well, Gregg!

He also canceled out on some of last years co-headlining tour with ZZ Top.

Sad news, get better GREG!

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: March 14, 2017 04:24

I had tix to see him open for ZZ in Dayton last Summer, and he cancelled not far in advance, so I've never seen him...

But, we got Robert Randolph and the Family Band, and I was totally impressed! Great band and a great gig all around!

Date: March 14, 2017 15:03

That stinks

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 14, 2017 17:09

I saw Gregg from about 3 feet away last fall. He did not look healthy then.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Maybe the finest white blues singer ever.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 15, 2017 14:01

Get well Gregg

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 15, 2017 14:28

One step at a time babeeeeeeeeee
Till you find your way back to the big show .........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ab ()
Date: March 16, 2017 11:09

The last decade has been tough on Gregg, starting with the hep C treatment in 2008. Here's hoping that extended time off the road brings him back in good form.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: March 16, 2017 16:51

I've seen the ABB a number of times over the years but was lucky Gregg was able to perform at that ZZ Top gig last summer at Red Rocks. Just Gregg and one other guy playing acoustic Allmans material for a bit over an hour. Guy was super frail and was struggling to even walk on and off the stage but the music was great. Very delicate and heart felt.

Then ZZ Top came out and just brought the house down. Billy Gibbons is a legend but those guys never cease to amaze me. The raw power and sound three guys can generate. Whew.

Date: March 16, 2017 17:03

Gaetzi
I've seen the ABB a number of times over the years but was lucky Gregg was able to perform at that ZZ Top gig last summer at Red Rocks. Just Gregg and one other guy playing acoustic Allmans material for a bit over an hour. Guy was super frail and was struggling to even walk on and off the stage but the music was great. Very delicate and heart felt.

Then ZZ Top came out and just brought the house down. Billy Gibbons is a legend but those guys never cease to amaze me. The raw power and sound three guys can generate. Whew.

In a related topic, I saw ZZ Top in Macon Tuesday night. And, yes, Billy Gibbons is something else. He mentioned Gregg during the show.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 16, 2017 17:10

Elmo Lewis
Gaetzi

In a related topic, I saw ZZ Top in Macon Tuesday night. And, yes, Billy Gibbons is something else. He mentioned Gregg during the show.
Billy is one bad motorscooter...ZZ Top was the first band that made me fall in love with classic rock'n'roll, even before the Stones.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 24, 2017 18:39

Gregg Allman enters hospice

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: April 24, 2017 18:45

Ahhh shit, that's never good news.
Hoping for the best!!!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 24, 2017 18:53

Hairball

Hoping for the best!!!
Hospice care is usually the end of the line, sad to say.

Date: April 24, 2017 18:56

keefriff99
Hairball

Hoping for the best!!!

Yes, very sad.
Let me re-word the above: Hoping for some peace for Greg.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 24, 2017 19:04

keefriffhard4life
That stinks

What? Getting married at 70?

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: April 24, 2017 19:11

Aww Greg will pass over soon. Thank you for the great music. God bless you Greg.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: April 24, 2017 19:45

Sad. The end of life is such a mysterious time for both the dying and the living. I hope he has some peace for the time he may have left. Hopefully he's able to reach out to those he wishes to and receive those who reach out to him.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: April 24, 2017 19:55

So sad to hear

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: April 24, 2017 20:42

Hate to it hear, but unfortunately we're now living in the times when we are going to lose our Musical Hero's, just like all the WWII vets passing....

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 24, 2017 20:54

keefriff99
Hairball

Hoping for the best!!!

as i understand it,hospice care IS the end of the line.unless i'm mistaken it is a place you go where they make terminal people comfortable until they die.if that's the case this really fcking sucks in a big way,gregg allman is one of the all time greats-we're running out of those and it's a bit scary.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: April 24, 2017 21:09

Although you can't take it as "fact" due to the source, the following should at least give an overview of what may be going on. It helped me a bit.

Wikipedia Article: Hospice care in the United States

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: April 25, 2017 00:04

Just posted on Gregg's Facebook page:
A message from Gregg: “Hey everyone. I just wanted y’all to know that I’m currently home in Savannah resting on my doctor’s orders. I want to thank you for all the love that you are sending. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Keep Rockin’ “

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: April 25, 2017 00:11

Deltics
Just posted on Gregg's Facebook page:
A message from Gregg: “Hey everyone. I just wanted y’all to know that I’m currently home in Savannah resting on my doctor’s orders. I want to thank you for all the love that you are sending. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Keep Rockin’ “

[www.facebook.com]

I hope that is good news, but hospice care can take place in your home, it doesn't have to be at any facility.

Thoughts and prayers for this legend and his family.

Date: April 25, 2017 00:22

Gregg Allman Has Not Entered Hospice Care, Manager Insists

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 25, 2017 00:33

the facebook thing sounds good but i'm officialy freaking the fck out-hospice care? this is not good.

certain people in rock and roll cannot be replaced.i was watching a live show with yes a few days ago and [it was from around 2013 maybe] and it dawned on me chris squire is dead.alvin lee,greg lake,johnny winter,maybe not superstar guys like members of the stones or the who but time is chipping away at rock and roll,in a few years there will be nothing.this sucks..

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: April 25, 2017 00:39

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1692
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home