Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: New Jagger release ?
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 13, 2017 19:41

Interesting point, why does Steve Jordan get songrwriting credits when Matt Clifford only get "pre-production" credits...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: March 13, 2017 19:41

Let's hope this is a load of bollox as it likely is. The world does not need another Jagger solo album. I can think of 4 decent Jagger solo songs and that is it. It's not likely he'll come up with anything remotely interesting a this stage, well anything self penned.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 13, 2017 19:54

gotdablouse
Interesting point, why does Steve Jordan get songrwriting credits when Matt Clifford only get "pre-production" credits...

I think because it was originally written and recorded by Richards/Jordan possibly intended for Keith's solo release.
When Keith brought it to the Stones, Mick automatically gets credit as per their longstanding agreement - I don't think Mick added anything but vocals.

According to Jordan, the Keith solo version is superior...wish we could hear it some day!

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: March 13, 2017 20:42

Jordan also got credit on Almost Hear you Sigh from Steel Wheels.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 13, 2017 21:40

crumbling_mice
Let's hope this is a load of bollox as it likely is. The world does not need another Jagger solo album. I can think of 4 decent Jagger solo songs and that is it. It's not likely he'll come up with anything remotely interesting a this stage, well anything self penned.

Well, that's the clue! Mick has an album of soul covers in the can. He always did soul great, and it's a genre where he does not really need the band.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: March 13, 2017 22:03

Mick had a bunch of songs ready for Some Girls and Keith had nothing, but it worked out. Keith touched up Mick's songs and came up with some ideas himself in the studio.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: March 13, 2017 22:45

Crisis averted

I messaged the guy behind the site and after a day I got this reply :

"Thanks for your message. This was picked up from a Billboard or Rolling Stone article over a year ago I think? Mick Jagger is featured on the upcoming Brad Paisley album and any news we hear we will let you know.
Best wishes,
Jason R "

So basically a crock of shit

Phew

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 13, 2017 22:50

Tell 'em to check this site if they want any Stones news.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 13, 2017 22:51

ROCKMAN

Mick Jagger featured on new Brad Paisley song
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 13, 2017 23:05

sry if its been mentioned elsewhere.

It's only country, but he likes it: Mick Jagger featured on new Brad Paisley song

Jeff Fusco/Getty ImagesWe already knew that John Fogerty will be featured on country superstar Brad Paisley's upcoming album, Love and War, but now Paisley has revealed that an even more famous rock legend also contributed to the record…Mick Jagger.

The Rolling Stones frontman lends his vocals to song titled "Drive of Shame," which he co-wrote with Paisley and Matt Clifford, a keyboardist who's played on Stones albums and Mick's solo releases.

As previously reported, Fogerty co-wrote and is featured on the title track of Love and War, which is scheduled to be released on April 21. The album also includes a tune called "Gold All Over the Ground," which was co-written by late country legend Johnny Cash, as well as two collaborations with hip-hop artist and producer Timbaland.

[abcnewsradioonline.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-13 23:06 by open-g.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: March 13, 2017 23:28

Deathgod
Crisis averted

"Thanks for your message. This was picked up from a Billboard or Rolling Stone article over a year ago I think? Mick Jagger is featured on the upcoming Brad Paisley album and any news we hear we will let you know.
Best wishes,
Jason R "

Phew

thumbs up

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 13, 2017 23:35

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 14, 2017 01:50

Jagger lends his vocals to “Drive of Shame,” which he co-wrote with Paisley and Matt Clifford,

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 14, 2017 07:49

Deathgod
Crisis averted

Best wishes,
Jason R "

Phew

well...he sourced it only "over a year ago" so you can't be too sure!

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 14, 2017 11:31

well I think the author himself penned the reliability of his blog as source of information

anything can happen of course, even a mj solo album, but for the moment I take note that here someone sometimes is very keen to give immediate credit to such poor sources

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 14, 2017 14:18

Hairball
I don't think Mick added anything but vocals.

Imo, that bridge where he goes "I-làh-I-làh-I-làh-I-làh-I-làh...", ànd off course the "nah-nah-naaah-nah-náh" 's at the end, are vintage Jagger (ànd incredibly irritating, btw).

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: March 14, 2017 15:05

I always hear "I love I love I love ya" which seems typical Keith to me...

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: March 14, 2017 15:16

Hairball
gotdablouse

I think because it was originally written and recorded by Richards/Jordan possibly intended for Keith's solo release.
When Keith brought it to the Stones, Mick automatically gets credit as per their longstanding agreement - I don't think Mick added anything but vocals.

According to Jordan, the Keith solo version is superior...wish we could hear it some day!

That's really interesting, because when they started playing Doom and Gloom and One More Shot live, Mick appeared to want to look awkward like he couldn't get his chops around OMS. He really didn't look comfortable singing it and i wasn't at all surprised when he dropped it from the set list and kept in Doom And Gloom. Very childish jealous behavior from Mick i thought at the time, he didn't want to sing Keith's contribution.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 14, 2017 15:18

stone4ever
Hairball
gotdablouse

That's really interesting, because when they started playing Doom and Gloom and One More Shot live, Mick appeared to want to look awkward like he couldn't get his chops around OMS. He really didn't look comfortable singing it and i wasn't at all surprised when he dropped it from the set list and kept in Doom And Gloom. Very childish jealous behavior from Mick i thought at the time, he didn't want to sing Keith's contribution.

Mick's 'na-na-na-na-na' on OMS it's embarassing.

Date: March 14, 2017 15:35

KRiffhard
stone4ever
Hairball
gotdablouse

Mick's 'na-na-na-na-na' on OMS it's embarassing.

Yes lol, did Mick try to sabotage that song ?

Date: March 14, 2017 16:33

It's a very hard song to sing. Keith still has a wider range than Mick.

He did it pretty good live, and I thought the live version was far superior to the studio version. Too bad they dropped it.

Hilarious ending on this one, btw grinning smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-14 16:38 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: March 14, 2017 16:43

DandelionPowderman
It's a very hard song to sing. Keith still has a wider range than Mick.

He did it pretty good live, and I thought the live version was far superior to the studio version. Too bad they dropped it.

Hilarious ending on this one, btw grinning smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Yes the band play it well live, you just proved my point in that utube clip, Mick tries his best to act awkward around that song, don't tell me he finds it difficult to sing, i'm not buying that lol.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-14 16:46 by stone4ever.

Date: March 14, 2017 16:44

Notice when he try to go up on the «One more...». It's difficult for him.

Date: March 14, 2017 16:47

DandelionPowderman

Its a classic typical Stones track, Mick should be spitting out those lyrics with passion and venom.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: March 14, 2017 16:51

Keith once said he writes different when he´s writing for Mick/The Stones. Simple structures. Keith´s solo-songs usually are trickier. OMS obviously wasn´t written for Mick.

Date: March 14, 2017 16:53

HMS
Keith once said he writes different when he´s writing for Mick/The Stones. Simple structures. Keith´s solo-songs usually are trickier. OMS obviously wasn´t written for Mick.

I think Mick is more than capable of singing OMS better than he did live. I know him and i see through him, never mind.

Date: March 15, 2017 10:38

The way that song was left it is terrible. It should have been canned. It sounds flat out unfinished.
Keith is still in their old age=proven way of songwriting, where you bring a riff, and a basic idea, and then Mick, Keith and the band play it for hours and hours with Mick finding his parts, and getting his bearings, and it gets better and better and better.
But Mick doesn't want to ork hard like that anymore obviously. He wants to bring in finished pieces with his "cards are on the table" lines, and be done with it.

That live clip of OMS is awful. I can't believe that then Jagger used the solo section to blow his freakin nose haha..

Date: March 15, 2017 10:52

Palace Revolution 2000
The way that song was left it is terrible. It should have been canned. It sounds flat out unfinished.
Keith is still in their old age=proven way of songwriting, where you bring a riff, and a basic idea, and then Mick, Keith and the band play it for hours and hours with Mick finding his parts, and getting his bearings, and it gets better and better and better.
But Mick doesn't want to ork hard like that anymore obviously. He wants to bring in finished pieces with his "cards are on the table" lines, and be done with it.

That live clip of OMS is awful. I can't believe that then Jagger used the solo section to blow his freakin nose haha..

Exactly.. Its written all over him, he resents singing OMS, this was when relations from Mick towards Keith were very tense, first gigs together after the aftermath of todgergate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-15 11:08 by stone4ever.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 15, 2017 12:12

DandelionPowderman

The problem is from start ('uuuu biiibee') to finish ('na na na na na'...)!!
I'm sure that Keith solo version is far superior.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 15, 2017 14:03

What's funny is that when they were working on OMS in Bondy when they let us in, Mick was reading the lyrics off of his iMac and got the chorus wrong at least twice so they had to restart. After his second mistake Keith walked back to his spot (they'd congregated around Chuck's keyboards) smiling and looking at us and turning his finger pointed at his temple...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1895
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home