Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - Prince at the Super Bowl in the pouring rain, best ever?
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 11, 2017 10:30

You decide, he played live in the rain, did the Stones or anyone else give a better show?

[Prince-YouTube]

Re: OT - Prince at the Super Bowl in the pouring rain, best ever?
Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: March 11, 2017 13:55

A great show he did.
And his death is a big loss.
Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: March 11, 2017 14:11

yea prince was great did 21 dates in london at 02 all sold out saw him 4 nights kept changing the set list too and went to club show too,yep he will be missed by many.R.I.P

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 11, 2017 14:17

by far the best half time show. i read an article with an interview with 1 of the producers of the show who said when he informed prince of the rain, prince just asked if he could make it rain harder, haha.

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: March 11, 2017 14:25

Yes, the Best, and doing covers of others. Just a few instruments. Awesome

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: March 11, 2017 14:44

Prince was the best Super Bowl performer ever. Sorry Stones fans.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 11, 2017 14:46

True pro...great performance

Posted by: django ()
Date: March 11, 2017 15:14

super, love it - what a great guitarist

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: March 11, 2017 15:34

U2 New Orleans.

Date: March 11, 2017 16:28

Bruce was pretty good & agree U2 worth mentioning. Prince was transcendant though.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: March 11, 2017 16:39

hell no.......

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: March 11, 2017 17:56

The Sicilian
You decide, he played live in the rain, did the Stones or anyone else give a better show?

[Prince-YouTube]

Found it boring. The Stones were the best

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 11, 2017 18:03

Yes, Prince was the best halftime show. Thats not cause he's dead, it was obvious the moment it happened. U2 is second best, although I could see how some people think they better. One of those two though. All the others (Stones, McCartney, Tom Petty, etc) were all good but it was that band at their usual high level not really pushing any sort of boundary. It was just them being a good band with a great catalogue. Prince pushed for something more, as did U2 who happened to also get pretty lucky with their timing. Springsteen was the same as the Stones and McCartney although I'll give it to him that more than those other bands he tried to give it a little bit more, but thats also just in his nature. He didn't give a Prince level halftime show and no one else has. And I'm a very mild Prince fan.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: March 11, 2017 18:06

Nah, Prince was meh

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 11, 2017 18:30

Wettest ever.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 11, 2017 19:54

Thanks for this Sicilian, fun to watch.

Date: March 11, 2017 20:09

i think the nfl is making a mistake going for the pop acts now. gaga was fine, coldplay bored the hell out of me though. bruno mars was fun with rhcp but he's kind of prince light. i'm not a fan really but i can't believe they have never got garth brooks for the halftime show. if you go for what they play at the stadiums, they should get metallica. i bet they would do an epic show. there's a clip of them in mexico last weekend where they brought out iggy pop for a rousing version of tv eye. worth checking out.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 12, 2017 08:51

crholmstrom
i think the nfl is making a mistake going for the pop acts now. gaga was fine, coldplay bored the hell out of me though. bruno mars was fun with rhcp but he's kind of prince light. i'm not a fan really but i can't believe they have never got garth brooks for the halftime show. if you go for what they play at the stadiums, they should get metallica. i bet they would do an epic show. there's a clip of them in mexico last weekend where they brought out iggy pop for a rousing version of tv eye. worth checking out.

Its not my music, but I don't think they're making a mistake per say. People want a friggen spectacle. I mean, its just the truth. Thats why Katy Perry sells out, Lady Gaga sells out, Beyonce sells out all over America. Yes, Garth Brooks and others do too. I'm not a fan but there's no reason Bon Jovi wouldn't put on a good halftime show. But I think most people want something that's current, which makes sense, and something thats a grand spectacle. In the end, you have people mostly there for the game. The ones that aren't and are focused on the halftime show, you kind of get the best of both worlds with a modern pop act. Either you like the music or you'll probably like or be impressed by the "show". I love the Stones and Tom Petty, but I'm sorry they don't give you that at a halftime show. This makes the most sense and pop acts are the best chance to give you a show, despite the fact that I think Garth Brooks would do a great job.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 12, 2017 10:40

I was really happy with The Stones Superbowl show, shortest set that it was. I was thrilled to hear Rough Justice live (or however they might have done it for tv show)...
i think it was mostly just them, not a big background crew of musicians...i'm not sure what might have been mimed, or a recorded track played along with live; i was just watching in a tavern and i was pretty happy;

i loved their black leather look; the whole thing looked great and i thought it sounded great too...I mean they came right out with a new song, not steady proven hits of yore exclusively....for that one at least. And Start Me Up sounded great to me too. maybe i was missing something or putting something into it that wasn't really there but it was tops for me...Gaga was ultra dynamic and always surprised me when she opens up that big beautiful strong voice...
...Prince is someone easy to love and respect but honestly, I don't have any of his albums; I like what he put together though.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 13, 2017 07:27

crholmstrom
by far the best half time show. i read an article with an interview with 1 of the producers of the show who said when he informed prince of the rain, prince just asked if he could make it rain harder, haha.

Check out the link to YouTube I posted and that conversation you mentioned is in there.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 13, 2017 18:41

One of the best all time Super bowl shows. Second only to the Stones from 2006 .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2054
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home